Censorship AS an option

I just had a conversation with a friend about the recent announcement of Berserk: warriors, he had nfi what it was about other then what he saw in the recent teaser.

Well the teaser left him somewhat triggered and put him off from the game entirely, which Is a shame cause I know he would enjoy the Berserk a lot if he gave it a chance.

So it got me thinking, with these controversial games that kick up a fuss, would it not be best of both worlds if devs gave an option for a toned down version of w/e ppl are moaning about?

Other urls found in this thread:

fukunathan.corgiorgy.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.
The reason men are such pussies nowadays is because they don't see stuff like this anymore. If we cater to them they'll just end up getting faggier.

Your friend should stop being such a faggot

Send him the panels of Casca getting raped and laugh at his stupid cuck face

YES!!!!

It was 100% consensual

you're not a man unless you've read berserk and will watch the 2016 anime despite it being an abomination

>game adapts source material
>this is a bad thing
Fuck off, I don't know why everyone is trying to make this into a clickbait article. It's Berserk, no one but fans would be playing it anyways. Boo hoo.

>nfi
>triggered
>w/e ppl
Mobileposter, please go.

Also, you're friend a fag.

The only option should be not playing the games you are "triggered" by and dismissing them like your friend did. Censoring shit shouldn't be an option at all.

The whole point of that teaser was to get the message across that they're going to be making it dark and edgy just like the source material is. Including a faggot button for toning it down would do the exact opposite.

If people want the option to censor things then they have that option, it's called not fucking looking.

or even better, just send him this fukunathan.corgiorgy.com/

>he would enjoy the Berserk a lot if he gave it a chance

If he got "triggered" by that softcore ass teaser, I don't think he'd be able to handle the manga.

also,
>the Berserk

Your friend sounds like a pussy OP.

To be fair, the teaser trailer WAS pretty dumb. All non-fans are going to get out of it is that there's rape involved.

>being such an edgy little child you think Casca being raped is funny

Berserk "fans" here are underage fucks

It's not rape if they want it,user.

>reading comprehension

If it's really that much of a problem for them, then they can stay away and revisit the game when they've matured to the point of being able to get past these little triggers.

When I was a child I couldn't bear to watch Golgo 13 because of all the sex, or Ghost in the Shell because the jacks in the Major's neck made me quite uncomfortable.

But then I grew the fuck up, got past all of that, and got to enjoy both of them for what they were.

It's better to let them enjoy the work unedited later in life than to tone it down so they can enjoy it immediately.

The thing is that it's a Musou game, I doubt they'll be able to pull off that kind of vibe in that kind of game
I'm not triggered by the trailer or anything I fucking love Berserk, but it really does seem to not really give any info on what the game will actually be like

Maybe they can't, but they're saying they'll at least try which these days is worth a lot.

>Friend is triggered by scenes of rape and violent sexuality
>Thinks he would enjoy Berserk

You are either a fucking terrible friend or an awful troll.

Can't really censor berserk when a rape is at the center of the most pivotal moment in the entire story.

op here
hes a massive dark souls fanboy who loves all the references In it, he's just turned off by the teaser and wont give it a chance now

Then tell him to stick to Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Rape and sexual violence is a constant theme in Berserk and is use gratuitously to portray sinister intent. If he finds that shit uncomfortable then there is literally nothing in Berserk for him.

who cares then, whats done is done

if you gave him the manga he'd probably stop reading after the first 3 chapters

I was thinking about some sort of "censorship option" like that. Basically sell the game censored, but release a decensoring pack through verified account system. 1$ not for money, but to still be sure you have an adult with a card behind. Maybe pay once just to "upgrade" the account adult status or something. I wouldn't even mind having to fill some Social security/ id card number to secure the account and be considered an adult

>So it got me thinking, with these controversial games that kick up a fuss, would it not be best of both worlds if devs gave an option for a toned down version of w/e ppl are moaning about?

In theory, but these people don't just want themselves to not have to see it. They don;t want other people to see it at all, even if they want to.

>Wanting to give your personal information to Sony and MSoft after the various fuck-ups they've had over the years

No thank you.

>Censoring the eclipse

"Griffith, you dastardly fool! Casca is allergic to peanuts, if she eats them she goes retarded! How many did you give her!"
"I gave a whole Snickers Duo!"
"GRIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH"

If anything, the trailer needed Guts having an audible fit as he struggles to break free and try to do something. When the tentacles point at the sign, cue "GRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH" that begins as the title fades in and ends when it fades out. This would show that it isn't just about Casca being molested, it's about the snarling, furious but nevertheless futile rage of Guts, the protagonist.

I feel like the eclipse would be replaced with a black screen that says "Bad things happened" and then cut straight to Casca mute on the ground in a blanket with that thousand yard stare and everyone at home waiting for something to be explained.

but why should anybody do that
who would fucking want that

>r-word
>ableist against persons of peanut allergicness
TRIGGERED, PLEASE LOCALIZE BETTER

If anything games and other mediums are too comfortable.

Nobody breaks the rules anymore.

f*$k you are correct (pardon my sour tongue)

casca goes very happy, too happy to even talk!

I wonder what it would be like if we had modern graphics and computer power back in the 80s. There would be no room for sissies

THIS.

Don't worry, your friend and other subhuman leftists like him will be hanging on the day of the rope, and you're either tightening the rope with us or swinging with them.

oh you mean a parental lock?

better rebrand and call it something else like babby lock so the children and adults dont turn into psychotic murderers the moment they see something disturbing

gatts can walk around with a large pool noodle delightfully bashing his friends and saying "youre out!"

my motto is: if they arent shown the idea, they will never decide to do it /sarcasm

>people who dont share my political views are sub human

Fuck censorship post you're mains

As someone who hasn't had much experience with Berserk other than the obvious rape horse image and the whole casca rape. What's the best way to experience this story? Through the manga (which I imagine will be the the majority of suggestions) or the anime?

Never cared much about it desu, but with the musou game on the way I guess better late than never.

>would it not be best of both worlds
It's a spinoff musou. The only people it needs to appeal to are Berserk fans.

The manga is the absolute best way. Manga first and watch the anime when you're done and then the movies if you still want more.

The anime really does not hold a candle to the manga. Anime isn't bad but the manga is just fantastic, can't imagine anyone preferring it the other way around.

Manga usually is the best option. Can't think of any anime where it was the opposite of the top of my head. Now to find a site that lets me read the manga for free. Thanks anons.

I just can't resist Grandaddy Darkwraith.

PIPPIN OR BUST

Mangasee.co

has the official english version uploaded

No shit? Thanks user, greatly appreciated!

yep, legit.

One of his abilities is to rocket towards an enemy with his upper body.

He obviously wouldn't like berserk if you have to censor it and cut out what makes berserk berserk. The castration of today's youth is a funny thing

>manchild already familiar with the Berserk manga up to boat
>decide to finally watch the anime
>PUT YOUR GRASSES ON
>mum takes note so far through the first episode
>sell it as a triumph of low fantasy transitioning to a more fantastic setting with a tragic dark hero MC
>hook her interest and she starts watching
>oh god this is berserk what have I done

Luckily it turns out that occasional Casca tits aside, the anime softballs most of the Golden Arc by just not including the details. No clue why it has such a bad rep considering how good the OST is and that most people interested have (or had) already read that part of the manga and should just revel in animated berserk

Fuck off, Griffith.

>it really does seem to not really give any info on what the game will actually be like
NO SHIT YOU RETARD

IT'S A FUCKING TEASER

IT'S SHOWING SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS DURING THE ECLIPSE AND THEN SAYS "BERSERK MUSOU", THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

>animated berserk
>animated
It's a powerpoint slideshow for 80% of it

>the teaser left him somewhat triggered and put him off from the game entirely
It sounds to me like you should consider keeping a different sort of friend. Alternately, you could try slapping him around until he starts acting like a grown man.

He's a shitty friend user, just let him be a fucking pleb.

I had a mate just like that who refused to get into god tier series because one little thing put him off, or he didn't like the fanbase, or something really stupid like he thought one of the character designs looked silly or something.

These people will never change, it's better off just drifting apart and finding open minded people to become even better friends with. Berserk is fantastic and now that you mention it I actually rec'd Berserk to the pleb mate I've been telling you about too, he refused to watch or read it simply because it was an anime/manga. Just forget about it OP, there is nothing you can do for plebs.

>PIPPIN
>mfw Pippin could have likely wrecked any of those demons 1 vs 1

Your mother is going to be upset with you by the end.

Eat shit, Griffith

I really hope this is a falseflag, because that was cringey as fuck.

I would have no real objection to a family friendly option for a given game. For some things it would be a little silly, but for most things it would be no big deal.
But yeah your friend is a faggot.

You're only trying to act in such a way because it was your "Friend". Or maybe it's just a pretense for a shitty thread. Anyway - your friend is a fucking cretin that lives in a bubble apart from reality. All these things and worse are a part of our world and only children are not exposed to them on a regular basis. How does he go outside knowing that right now someone other there, perhaps a block away from his home is engaging in gang rape or murder?

>Well the teaser left him somewhat triggered and put him off from the game entirely

People need to grow the fuck up. Nobody has to like the trailer or the game, but this "wah I'm triggered pay attention to my feelings" bullshit is fucking annoying.

dude we don't want faggots like him in your ranks. Good riddance. Get better friends user

That scene was actually pretty powerful. It was actually a very good indication of how hard Guts was trying to kill his humanity by constantly spouting edgy rhetoric and making himself out to be an ever angry swordsman so that killing everything in his way would be easier for him. He walked away from that girl crying.

Wait is there a new berserk game coming out? I know about the new anime which changed a bit after fan feedback from cgi to not 2d drawn. Can anyone link me only found some trailer with casca getting touched by testicles not your picture

>testicles

Tentacles got autocorrected...

my nigga

>streaming manga
Kek

Sounds like a huge faggot

>torrenting something you're not sure you'll even like

I will, I'll buy it on Blu ray as well.
I just feel this series deserves more respect

>data caps

>being non-committal
>implying torrenting is a big fucking deal
kek

More like it's a pain in the ass and slows down your connection if you do it during the day.

More an issue of "this takes for fucking ever because no one seeds"

Personally, I read the rips while waiting for my torrents to finish and then swapped over.

Fair use policy is a cunt but manga is so small in size it shouldn't matter

>no one seeds

Bakabt or Nyaa will have just about any weebshit you want between them seeded well enough to download within an hour, manga even shorter

in an ideal world, yes.

op hr last update

I convinced the sperg by showing him the berserk intro for the ps2 game

hes on his way to uncucking

What I want to know is are we getting a shitty rock remix like usual or are they getting Hirasawa?

You should really get the scans from bakabt.

Holy shit I just realized guts was modeled after rutger hauer. No wonder he's so fucking handsome.

Guts is basically a taller, younger, beefier, and angrier rutger hauer. Huh.

>hirasawa
If they get that hack I'm done with KT. They're on thin ice for censoring HW as is.

>Hirasawa
>Hack

Opinion invalidated. Or would you like some death metal or rock instead?

Show him the fight between guts and zodd on the hill of swords. It'll spoil a bit but if you really want the faggot to get into it, that's what he needs to read.

yeah miura mentioned this in an interview awhile back

No they got it right,
seeing casca naked and constricted in tentacles made me mad as fuck
IT MADE ME MAD AS FUCK TO WANT TO PLAY AND KILL GRIIIFIIFIIIISSSSSSUU
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>there is no blood inside people, hide it

Hmmm

nah
men used to hunt and they didn't need violent video games.

Stay mad. :^))

If you think about it, if you don't count all the things Griffith did wrong, Griffith did nothing wrong.

That is the naruto storm 4 and dbz style..

Clearly not that user since I actually like Hirasawa but Musou buttrock is tooi high quality to dismiss out of hand