So I'm really interested in Dishonored 2...

So I'm really interested in Dishonored 2. Do you think I should go ahead and grab and play through the first Dishonored based off of what you've seen so far of Dis 2. Are you interested in it? Do you know if I need to play the first one to understand the second one, if not should I go ahead and play it anyway? Tell me about it?
Also, the version I would be getting is PC.

it's extremely overrated.

m8 just fucking play it instead of asking all these questions, it's a pretty decent game and the sequel looks like it's going to be more of the same

there's no reason to not play the first one when you can get it dirt cheap to see if you even like it before dropping 60 dollars on a sequel

Well that game is a piece of shit so no, the controls alone are so bad you'd think it was made by some no name studio.

Preordering 2 on steam gets you the GOTY version of the 1st game
by who? If anything this game receives the amount of attention it deserves

You're a big guy.

>the controls alone are so bad

fuck no

it punishes you for trying to have fun fuck it

Justify this

>controller

that mansion level was the comfy as fuck

>playing First Person games on console
I dont see an issue with that besides lean having 1 button instead of 2 and having a draw weapon button rather than just auto. Its like you never played a PC to Console port or anything

Stfu you faggots, you both like shit games were the same model for every thug and main characters.

What's the problem? Can't handle the same buttons you use in every other console game?

>stfu
good thing gameplay matters to me in a game more than artstyle

Justify this

>RB is block in every console game

Whats the problem? Besides if you don't like it you can remap it to whatever you want.

Accept you have lost and move on please.

The only questionable button is ctrl for block/choke. Even then its not like you couldn't rebind keys. when I made my comment about good controls I was referring to how the character was able to traverse their environment rather than literal controls

Seems like from what we know you'll need to play both 1 and its DLCs to understand the story in 2 since characters from all of those are going to be in 2.

I'm excited. It looks great so far. Seems like a straight upgrade.

That's standard controls for any PC game. At least it's not like the original Thief or Deus Ex with their pants on head retarded default keys. Though both can be rebound with little issue.

>y-y-y-you can just change it!''fucking peecucks

Except those controls are pretty much the standard in any game you play on PC with a few game specific things added.

you are the one that brought up the PC controls

Thank you anons for actually answering lol

...even you user

Reposting a few webms from earlier.

there's no way i'm gonna play as that spoilt bitch emily

Good for you, you can play as Corvo

i know
i just hate women protags

LOLOLLOLOLL

have a (You)

i can't stand em tbqh

This and Deus Ex Human Revolution were two of my GOTYAY's, they're so fucking good. Mankind Divided and Dis 2 look fucking amazing. Can't fucking wait.

Me 2

Wait on the Steam sale but yes, yes I do. Game had a cool atmosphere and you can have fun with playing the game different ways. I kept piling bodies in the center of rooms, gradually adding onto the pile so that some poor, hapless guard would be witness to an ever-rising bodycount and have no idea where I was, watching him.

Im pretty hype for dishonored 2

1 was fun

I already pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

Going to be pretty good.

My one reservation so far is that so many PC versions of games lately have been hot garbage that I want to see if there's any issues with the PC version of this before buying. I'm sure there won't be since Arkane is known for being good to PC. I'll probably give in an preorder shortly before release though.

There's nothing to justify, it's perfectly fine and you're trying to invent problems where none exist probably because you're upset

I want to know more about the Void engine. It supposedly shares about 25% of its code with idtech6 but I wonder why they felt they needed a completely custom engine for this game and what exactly Void specially supports.

Also if it uses DX11/12 or OpenGL since idtech (at least up to 5, not sure about 6) uses OpenGL.

Dishonored is pretty good for the most part but its got its share of problems. All the really cool powers were lethal and going lethal gave you the "youre an asshole" ending. also the story was kind of eh but the game was still fun even with those issues

>All the really cool powers were lethal and going lethal gave you the "youre an asshole" ending
I still don't understand this complaint. Do people want yet another "pick your ending at the end of the game regardless of how you played" game? And it's not like the ending doesn't logically follow how you get it either. People are too spoiled by games not giving a fuck about the gameplay actually lining up with the story that when one comes along people who like playing one way or the other complain that they have to play differently to experience everything.

No, killing everyone in sight gets you the High Chaos ending.

Killing peope alone does not. So long as you act like an assassin and not a psychopathic killer.

>wearing black
>crossed arms
>holding up weapon
>skull mask

>This
Unlike SKYRIM HIGH DEFINITION REMASTER SPECIAL VERSION, you can't just steal from and murder civilians and everyone else you come across and still be the based hero of legent at the end. Overall a good game, one of the few games where you can go full stealth or full combat and it feel fleshed out in both regards. I personally feel that the only problem with the game is that it has so much shit to collect and read that you would have to do like 20 playthroughs to really feel like you did everything. Game has FUCK TONS OF LORE that it doesnt capitalize on, its fucking criminal.

DIE DIE DIE

looks like fun.

Its a shitty skyrim mod with worse ai

>whale oil magic
>nano machine magic
literally the same character