Resident Evil What Does the Finger do Edition

Who playing the Demo? RE7 Thread

Still nothing on the psn store. Reminds me of the whole SFV patches/new character bs.

Can you guys refer to this game as like Outlast 1.5 or something, thanks.

Seems like there is a lockpick IN THE TAPE next to the sink but I don't know if you can use it in the present or only in the tape

I'm legitimately thinking of boycotting this shit. Fuckers said it'd be available last night.

OP here the tape you find a lockpick in the video you unlock the drawer and find an axe after you finish the video

>I'm legitimately thinking of boycotting this shit.

yeah like that'll do anything

It'll make me feel better, at least.

Still no demo. But I'm looking at the Deluxe Edtion and for the pre-order you get

Survival Pack DLC
Dynamic Theme
Add-On Content 1: Four Short Side Stories
Add-On Content 2: One Additional Story Episode

>first person

I'm out, RE is now officially dead.

Is the demo up for UK PSN users?

Didn't even realize it was RE 'til it showed the title. This looks more like some sort of PT Silent Hill bullshit than RE.

You had to wait for 7 to realize that?

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON

Is it really first person?

SCREENCAP THIS

RE7 is focusing on Alex Wesker, Spencer, and The Family/NeoUmbrella (introduced in RE6).

Alex, now in Natalia's body, returns to her childhood home.

hey in the last thread you said it was the last time you say it.

yes

True, but I'm bored now.

Project Wesker will be a plot point, along with Alex and Spencer's relationship.

>Following Albert's betrayal, Alex Wesker was Spencer's last and most loyal servant.
>She was assigned to research the Immortality Virus for Spencer (a virus that would presumably allow Spencer to cheat death), according to Spencer's memoirs.

Alex never finished the virus, though it's possible that Spencer found someone else to develop it.

what do you do with the axe?

IT'S IN THE DEMO SECTION

DEMO SECTION

GO TO THE PSN STORE
GO TO GAMES
THEN DEMOS

IF AUSTRALIA HAS IT, EVERYBODY DOES.

is Albert really dead?

no clue

Go upstairs to that barred door

yes, he took 2 rockets to the head that decapitated him in a volcano.
Alex confirms he's dead in Revelations 2 as well.

This. Its in the store in NA. Can confirm.

I doubt it. Either he regenerated, or he's a burnt cripple.

he ducked the rockets btw

DEMO IS UP ON PS4 US

go to "free" section of playstation store, go to free demos, and then it should say "re 7 biohazard" there, then just like click on it and scroll down, you'll see the demo

does nothing

>Resident Evil has become a spooky walking simulator

I honestly would have preferred another RE 6 to this. Here's hoping this "demo" is a complete scapegoat and is nothing like the actual game.

By finish, I really mean perfect.

Though I myself am a little confused on this particular subject, I believe it went like this:

Alex created a copy of her consciousness and put it in Natalia's brain to be activated when the t-Phobos virus was activated by fear, though it really began to affect her before she met Barry.

Natalia Wesker, presumably with the memories of Alex, goes to Alex's parents' home.

Here, I assume she infected them with something and an outbreak occurred.

like in 28 weeks later, where the kiss fucks everything up? or on purpose to eliminate her past?

So, I've got the axe and used it on the mannequin in the phone room. It breaks, I got the puzzle sound, and then when I pick up the phone the message is different - but I still die.

The only thing that I still don't get is the finger and how to get to the ladder pit outside the video.

where do i get the fuse?

Hidden room where you find the key, but before watching the video.

oh i see, i just got the first ending

Sewer Gators is a resident evil 2 reference, right?

On purpose.

Post yfw you notice that the manequins turned around

Skipping the tape on andre's death changed up the phone call. We just found out on stream.

try it on that locked door and the barred door downstairs, also try to kill the old man when he passes trough the corridor

Confirm to me that the demo doen't even have combat so I can finally accept Re is dead.

At least were getting RE2 remake.

Got a different phone message;

"Memories hold the truth. Don't let appearances mislead you."

There is aim assist in the options menu and a shotgun in the trailer, which points to having combat.

Does PewdiePie already have the game? Seems like it's the kind of game he would enjoy tons.

Already done before in Condemned

There's three different calls. Before picking up the tape, after picking up the tape, and after watching the tape (whether you finish it or not).

The place the furthest people are stuck at is after getting the axe and dummy finger. Nobody has any idea what to do with them, but the 3 call states were figured out hours ago.

>need ps+ for the demo
fug. is it like PT and other modern horror games with no combat, or am i wrong? i'm not asking for flying jumpkicks and explosions, but something like condemned seems like it'd fit well. if it doesn't have combat does it have decent stealth mechanics like alien: isolation?

The demo has an axe, which is used for combat. In addition, there is an option for aim assist in the pause menu and a shotgun was in a shot of the trailer. There will be combat.

make a new account and get ps+ trial

How do i get the shotgun and the axe?

There is a direct reference to guns and ammo within the options. Idk if that stuff is in this demo though, old man keeps smacking me down.

Are there at least zombies or REish shit?
I know some of you niggers know what Im talking about
I just want to give this game a chance, even though I dont enjoy FPS horror that doesnt have fast combat, like DOOM.

I can't believe they are actually having this be RE7.

How the fuck do you follow up on RE6's story with something like this? Did DmC scare Capcom from ever using the word reboot again? Because that's basically what it is. This actually looks cool but the fact that this is supposed to be a follow-up to a game that had you fucking doing backflips and kung fu'ing zombies on steroids feels very tone-deaf.

Not this. It's not in the store in NA. Can confirm.

So you're walking with your axe in an abandoned house. You hear a phone ring and you pick it up. Some voice starts talking about how they know you. You walk away and suddenly your dad welcomes you to the family!

BUT WHO WAS PHONE?!

>Still no demo
I'm starting to get agitated.

Finished the demo. Pretty spooky.

>WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, SON!

It's like they made an entire game around the Lisa Trevor arc and that is a very good thing.

is this the only ending? you can't get out of the house?

Demo is out now for US. look under free then demos.

If you go outside you'll get welcome'd as well.

>An Experience of the Captivity.

>By the rivers of Babylon,
>There we sat down and wept,
>When we remembered Zion.

>Upon the willows in the midst of it
>We hung our harps.

>For there our captors demanded of us songs,
>And our tormentors mirth, saying,
>“Sing us one of the songs of Zion.”

>How can we sing the LORD’S song
>In a foreign land?

>If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
>May my right hand forget her skill.

>May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth
>If I do not remember you,
>If I do not exalt Jerusalem
>Above my chief joy.

>Remember, O LORD, against the sons of Edom
>The day of Jerusalem,
>Who said, “Raze it, raze it
>To its very foundation.”

>O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one,
>How blessed will be the one who repays you
>With the recompense with which you have repaid us.

>How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones
>Against the rock.

Glad to see spoopy semi-relevant Biblical references are still going strong in horror games.

Video Games love that pslam

I'm pretty sure New Vegas used it also

I'm stuck with the axe and finger, feels like I'm running in circles...

yeah, got that ending too. what I meant was no one has actually gotten out of the house without hillbilly family guy interrupting your shit.

I doubt there's more to it.
In the full game you can probably use the finger on the other locked door

What good streams are you guys watching? I don't have ps plus at the moment so I can't play it

>resident evil is now about ghost girls

retarded

Just watch any walkthrough in a few hours
It's just walkng through an empty house for a few minutes
Literally just VR cashgrab

Yup, Joshua Graham in Honest Hearts said it I'm pretty sure

I heard rumors about melting the key or using the axe to attack the old man? Any clarity on this?

Resident Evil's direction of the past few years has been fucking awful.

This is probably better than just continuing a failing formula since Capcom refuses to go back to the original style.

You still get punch even if you got an axe

Can't interact with anything with both the key and the finger key except for the door that ends the demo
Can't reach the guy fast enough or attack him when he attacks you and you can't break open the other doors either
My guess would be that you can open the other locked door with the finger and open die barricated doors with the axe in the full game

It's still really weird for on RE game and seems more like a VR gimmick game

I'm feeling this too...

>cursing
Will this be censored in Shootclappistan?

>Finger's description is "Part of a Dummy's Hand"

The mannequins don't have arms though, thoughts?

>Boycotting a free demo
That'll show 'em.

Is there something else in the house that could be considered a "Dummy"? Theres all those tied up dolls in the ceiling and that one baby thing after getting the chain breaker thingies.

I just checked the baby thing, and the effigies are made of paper, the finger says "made of celluloid"

@ everybody playing the demo

when playing the VHS tape, right after the dude goes missing, wait by the stairs while your buddy walks down the hallway, and don't go past the stairs - once he gets to the TV room door, slowly walk down the hallway, but keep your view aimed at about 2 o'clock (so you can see into the room under the stairs)

;)

Use it in tape then it will be open in present

So a lot of people think the finger is a key to something.

We haven't found anything to do with the axe except break a couple boxes and a mannequin but it doesn't do anything.

The only weird thing I've done other than that is normally after you take the phone call I know the dude attacks you as soon as you walk away from the phone. I made it down both flights of stairs by looking at all the mannequins as I passed them until they were out of my line of sight. Once I got to the bottom of the second flight of stairs thought I checked my inventory and as soon as I started moving I got bopped by the old man.

Isn't this basically the same shit as PT?

I still don't believe the entire game will be a hiding simulator.

You die after that call right?

Celluloid is a flammable plastic made from something very flammable and something clear. The finger isnt a candle is it? Like that there could be a way to remove the outside layer, I know you cant put it in the Fuse Box.

could be a PR stunt by Capcom. PT exploded solely because of the twist at the end. besides, they already went for supernatural once, with 3.5.

>beginning of the full game
>camera pans out
>3rd person view revealing the main character
>horror tone remains but the RE plot kicks in

what I'm saying is that this demo may not necessarily reflect the final product. sure, it's wishful thinking, but what we've seen so far is nothing like Capcom.

There was an aim assist option or something in the menu, I'm fairly certain there will be combat. We also found an Axe in the demo.

You can also "aim" the axe. L2 I believe basically causes you to hold it at the ready.

I'm in that part of the tape right now, but I'm trying to find the lockpick first, I'm streaming from my ps4 @ twich /lavanio

I'm looking next to the sink but it's not there

We were able to get the phone to ring, and upon answering the phone, it says something different

so? it'll be a good game at the very least. same thing with PT, people kept bitching it wasn't >muh SH.

while I agree I also know there will never be another 'real' SH, so we might as well just count our stars and be glad we're not getting yet another RE-themed generic TPS.

Yeah, apparently there are three different phone messages?

It's on the floor back behind the sink, but only during the VHS segment.

the sink's up against the wall though, how do I even look there

didn't know there were three

It's not flush against the wall. It isn't especially difficult to see assuming you're looking in the right place.

There's the sink, the space where the lockpick is, then the wall kind of sticks out I think, then it's the fridge.

Theres space between the microwave and the fridge. Crouch and you will see it

Also, whoever claimed about that room under the stairs, he doesn't enter the tv room until you walk to him. The room did bug out hard at first though