SKYRIM REMASTERED

WHY IS NOBODY FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2M7gby5yqTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NxD9wcU_nXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit is trash for a remaster and the OG version is almost always on sale

It's like asking someone to freak out about Minecraft: Remastered.

because they're charging $60 for skyrim with an ENB

It's the same game as before except with a graphical upgrade that is less impressive than the graphics mods I can get on Nexus.

>turd polish $29.99

We had tons of threads yesterday, it's no big deal so fuck off.

Go away, Todd

because caring about this ousts yourself as a console only fag for all of Sup Forums to ridicule you

Because it came out like 2 years ago, Jesus fucking Christ.

Are there going to be any gameplay changes?

Come back when they remaster Daggerfall or Morrowind.

>no pepe in the OP
wew lad

It sounds pointless at first but it's actually a huge boon for modders, the engine will be upgraded to the 64bit version FO4 uses which means you don't have the 4gb memory limitation anymore.
And mods don't have to be ported over to the new version unless it directly fucks with the executable like SKSE.

I'll tell you why from a modders viewpoint, if they extend the natural 3gig limitation great. If they fucked the source code enough all mods are most likely incompatible and they have left the scene years ago since they were final editions in their respective categories.

Who actually buys remasters?

Unless you never played the game in the first place, it's completely pointless.

Wrong version mate

It's free if you already own all DLC/legendary edition.

its free if you have ultimate edition or bought all the dlc pre-ultimate

as such no one really cares as much since it seems like its just a graphics update and everyone already modded the fuck out of the graphics at some point.

You going to pre-order your Limited Julianos Edition Sup Forums?

I know it's already cool for neo/V/ to rage about this but as a modder I'm actually really excited to see the bar raised for what I can potentially do with 64 bit, DX11 and not have the stupid 4GB memory limit looming overhead like daddy's belt.

This should also mean that physics aren't tied to frame rate and VR will run way smoother.

tl,dr: raised the ceiling for modding

EB Games is still around?

I really don't think I can extract any more fun out of Skyrim at this point.

That's why it's free for PC. Bethesda want the PC players to start modding again so that there is something to make console players buy the game a second time.

>not shrine of zenithar

1. We talked about it last night
2. The trailer looked like bad mods
3. There are ENBs that look better

When we find out what the technical improvements are in writing and for sure there will probably be some excitement by enthusiasts and modders but the average player doesn't care.

Because 8k textures + ENB/Lighting overhauls looks several hundred times better than this "remaster" and I've been using that for years. The graphics never were the problem honestly, the game is perfectly playable and looks modern enough with the high-res textures Bethesda shipped, the problem is the gameplay is absolute shit and no amount of modding can ever fix that.

>a fucking shrine
couldnt they just give out an amulet of mara or some shit
im sure everyone remembers the terrible marriage mechanics

>Bethesda want the PC players to start modding again
They never stopped
>console players
Modders need to actively port their mods to console and a lot are forcing F4SE to stop console players uploading the mods and claiming it as their own content. SKSE is already used for a lot of Skyrim mods and they won't be able to port them to consoles because of that.

It came out 5 years ago, user.

Did I miss the part where they ported skyrim to dx11?

Its fucking 40-60 dollars

I will lop off my dick and send it to todd personally as a fuck you

That said, it's a shame TESVI was not announced

Cause that can be done on PC with a few mods

>you can make the game 64bit with mods
Yeah sure you can, MUH GRAPHICS outs you as a console faggot

>game has always looked okay and looks great with mods
>but the gameplay is as shallow as it has ever been
>and there's pretty much no fixing it
>at the end of the day a dragon is just gonna bea BIG HEALTH BAR and the RPG aspects that made up for it were cut for wider audience appeal

>but 64x will help!

>moving the goalposts
I see we're done here.

Because we are not underage.

>implying

because its literally skyrim upgraded to the fallout 4 engine. which looks like shit because its still gamebryo.

Because you could better graphics for free with mods if you have a pc

Normies are. Go to any comment section

Freaking out about what?
Something that's been available for 5-6 years?

Because we all either own it on PC or got bored of it.
I feel bad for console friends since they have to pay full price for something PC players had. It's essentially the same thing you get when you bought Skyrim on PC years ago.

That's actually a pretty cool shrine, but I have Skyrim on PC, so that wouldn't be worth it for me. I wonder why they chose Julianos, though, since he's mostly associated with magic and Nords tend to dislike mages. I would have thought they'd go with a Talos shrine instead, or maybe Akatosh.

Here in Australia it is.

I have to admit I'm kind of interested in the potential as well. It might generate renewed interest in Skyrim modding. Of course, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. It might mean we get more quests, or it might mean the community falls apart because it has to deal with the same bullshit that's currently happening with FO4.

What's happening with FO4?

I left in disgust after realizing how bad ithe game was post launch

That's a pretty snazzy shrine, though. It's pretty big, too - slightly more than one foot.

fuck off

I will never understand Bethesdrones

They play literal shit games. Download 1000s of mods to polish their turd of a game. Expect to have fun in this boring turd. They swim in the turd pool of bugs, shit graphics, shit everything.

Better games exist on the market, but they blatantly ignore them and continue playing these Shitthesda Games, while the company continues abusing these retards by making more shit dlcs, more shit dlcs by stealing content from modders, shit remasters charging full price like it is a new AAA game release

They didnt even bother hiding how terrible and lazy the quest designs are. And that's quite a feat consider how unforgivably bad Skyrim's quests were

People are taking other people's mods that can't work on consoles and putting them on bethesda.net anyway. Then when the mods inevitably fuck up, the console players blame the mod creators instead of the people who "ported" them. A lot of console players seem ignorant of how modding works and seem to think that all it takes to make a mod work on PS4 or XB1 is checking a box when you upload the mod.

youtube.com/watch?v=2M7gby5yqTQ
I have literally never played a good Bethesda game

Bethesda games are basically a genre unto themselves. There are really no other games in that particular style with the same modding capability. So while the games themselves might be average, they're the only place you can go for a particular kind of experience.

That video shows a typical bethesdrone trying to find 'fun' in their shit games.

I was not ready

(You)
That's horrible. I actually feel sorry for consolefags getting tricked. They're dumb if they see the uploader and creators name are different and think "This is legit" but that's still really shit. I knew mods for consoles was gonna fuck up.
Well I knew that. That's why I stopped playing. The game was bad.

Why is nobody freaking out that it's a remaster of a game that doesn't need remastered instead of oblivion or morrowind?

why would i freak out about that? that'd be nice. why would nice things happen?

at this point it'd be an entirely new game and not a remaster, even if it'd be glorious to do

Because it's a remaster.

Oblivion and Morrowind would take a full remake.

They all use the same engine, they could remaster Oblivion as easily as they did with Skyrim. This remaster just proves they don't care about other TES titles anymore and next installment will be Skyrim 2.

>Full power of PC mods to consoles

>yay a new version of skyrim that'll likely be incompatible with existing mods is coming out

Because I've been playing remastered skyrim with mods for 5 years you walnut

>That's horrible. I actually feel sorry for consolefags getting tricked. They're dumb if they see the uploader and creators name are different and think "This is legit" but that's still really shit. I knew mods for consoles was gonna fuck up.
It's bad for the mod creators, too. Some of them have gotten so tired of taking shit for things that aren't their fault that they've started removing their mods from the Nexus. I think that's misguided, but it's what's happening, and I don't want to see that spread to Skyrim.

because skyrim fucking sucks

of course they will all be incompatible....

This isn't a new skin. They are using a new engine. The #1 thing glowing in the fucking sky about Skyrim is the limitation of the engine. They also emphasized mods in the actual trailer, so they are going to make it as helpful as possible at getting mods up and stable.

user that card only works when you're not talking about real work. You can't play a bait card as a justification for porting a 2002 game to a 2016 engine.

Because I own the PC version

It'll literally be free for everyone within a week anyway. And it'll be just as shit as it was the first time around

>free for everyone?

How and why would they do that? They're just gonna release it on disc to PS4 and Xbone with 40$ and it will sell like it did in 2011. There's no way they'd give it free to consoles.

Godrays and shit require DX11

PC owners that have all the DLC or the legendary edition get it for free. No word about consoles.

>preorder now to get a shrine
wat

I hate Skyrim gameplay. I fucking hate it.

You do know it'll most likely run much worse than the original on PC?

why

They kind of have since fallout 4 came out. All iv seen are waifu companion mods on the nexus for about 7 months now with about 5 mods standing out inbetween.

No one ever believed there was any chance they'd remaster the older games. It would take far more effort to remaster Morrowind or Oblivion. They might not even have done it with Skyrim if they hadn't already done half the work for it as preparation for FO4.

>THEY ARE RELEASING 5 YEAR OLD GAME WITH NEW SHADERS AND GRASS

If you are freaking out about that, I feel sorry for you.

Why would we freak out Todd?

>hurr durr I like to buy my games multiple times because I'm a stupid shill

Who said anything about buying?

Just because it will look "prettier" and have mod support for consoles doesn't fix some of the base gameplay issues. Others can point to some issues, but as someone who likes to roll magic I was disappointed how disproportional under/overpowered spell casting was. With destruction and alteration being incredibly weak. Destruction also being incredibly reliant on it's 100% stun talent to be survivable.

Meanwhile Illusion and Conjuration were ridiculously good. What with invisibility, mass pacify, and summons ignoring the difficulty setting.

All wraped up in a ugly little bow that made it so that leveling up these skills lowered the cost of spells, but not raise their potency. Clothing that lowered the cost of spells, but not increase their potency.

Oh and then the promise that with duel wield spells we could take any two spells and mash em together into a new more powerful spell. Which was thrown out and left with "merge two of the same spell".

Oh and spell crafting was removed completely. Yet they added regular item crafting so now you can craft daggers that deal 5 billion damage.

There was clear warrior/archer favoritism in Skyrim

>single player games need to be balanced

>2011 was 15 years ago

Skyrim is shit and if you even remotely liked it you're an underage faggot.

All that can be fixed with mods. There is spellcrafting mods, perk altering mods an hundreds of new spells.

>Buying a mod.

>waaa I'm entitled to get everything free I won't pay for peoples work

>Bethesda
>work

The most work they've done is heavily modify Oblivion ever since it came out for each and every single game.

Oblivion was better than Skyrim. Morrowind was a fucking novel-book. Literally everything about Oblivion was better than Skyrim. The setting, the characters, the quests, Even the combat was more fun, especially with the mods that were available.

>Fucking Roman Legion out of nowhere
>Why do the Argonians and Redguards sound like regular white people?
>Why do the fucking Nords have like 5 different voice actors and all the other races basically have one that sounds like shit and doesn't match it at all?
>Kill animations? give me a fucking break
>Removal of attributes and spellcrafting as a result

Everyone bags on Oblivion all the fucking time because they have like 1 voice actor per race per gender, despite the fact that they were talented, but it was a step up from what like the few Morrowind had? That shit was all text based too so none dialogue was voiced. All of the quests in Oblivion were more interesting than the shit in Skyrim. It was like the melting pot of Tamriel. It was mainly about imperials (i.e emperor) but it was basically about everyone. Everyone had an equal part. Skyrim is all fucking Nords and Morrowind is all fucking Dunmer. That's boring as shit.

They should've remastered Oblivion. The copypasta landscape could've used some touching up but overall the setting was way more interesting. Adding in the ability to swing at an enemy and hit them if you really did was such an enormous improvement over that infantile coordination shit you started with in Morrowind too. No matter how many times I go back to that game it's always ugly and dull as fuck.

Skyrim didn't even come out very long ago. I can't imagine why they'd decide to fuck with it, and why at all it would be something worthy of announcing, since you can do all that shit with mods already anyway.

>Oblivion was better than Skyrim

Get out, now. Oblivion is still a shitfest which even mods couldn't fix. Skyrim may have problems, but it's still miles ahead of Oblivion which is just copypasted dungeons and planes of hell. Besides the game and characters are so hideous the game is almost unplayable.

>Skyrim may have problems, but it's still miles ahead of Oblivion
>copypasted dungeons
>Besides the game and characters are so hideous the game is almost unplayable.

Skyrim and Oblivion have both always been shit.

>but it was a step up from what like the few Morrowind had?
>That shit was all text based too so none dialogue was voiced

Just look at this, neo/v/ at it's worst.

Skyrim's problems are unfixable with mods because they were removed from the game to dumb it down for all the retards and CoDfags who relate more to perks than attributes. It's shit because the game is shit at its core. The landscape and tileset may be lazy but the game is still fucking better than Skyrim.

>Oblivion
>dialogue

youtube.com/watch?v=NxD9wcU_nXY