>Most ambitious Marvel game ever made
>It's been in development for "quite some time"
>It's not connected at all with the upcoming movie
>Open world
>It'll focus on both Peter Parker and Spider-Man
>PS4 exclusive and published by SIE
>They aren't ready to talk about any release timeframe

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/insomniacs-new-ps4-exclusive-spider-man-game-revealed-first-trailer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did they say anything about the swinging?

So far all speculation points to the swinging in the trailer seemingly identical to the ASM/ASM2 swinging.

I'm hyped

>>Most ambitious Marvel game ever made
did they explain this? What is it about it that makes it so ambitious?

Who's ready for quicktime event hell?

Unlikely. Insomniac is all about traversal systems in games like Ratchet and Clank and Sunset Overdrive, it would be very unlike them not to find their own better way to do it.

There's always executive meddlng.

Because there hadn't been any marvel games in a long time that's been trying to rival the other comic book games, save for what they did with Shattered Dimensions' Noir setting.

>that awkward pause
Basically confirmed

Sunset Overdrive had the most fun traversal in any open world game I've played in a LONG time

So I have faith in the swinging being good

He looks pretty heavy in this.

I dearly wish that to be true. Surely insomniac understands that swinging matters, and shitty swinging makes for shitty Spider-Man

Are you happy that it's Insomniac doing it rather than Sucker Punch like originally rumoured, Sup Forums?

I would've been happy with either

Both have done right by me

Maybe Sucker Punch makes more sense with the superhero angle but after Sunset Overdrive, I'm pleased with how Insomniac does open world and traversal

Executive meddling would be on shit like characters, VAs, cross promotions.

Not a fucking swing mechanic.

Now couple that expertise with movement into a guy who's known for moving fluidly, and you have a recipe for greatness.

WHY YURI LOWENTHALL THOUGH

AHHHHHHHHHHH
WHERE'S TOBY MCGUIRE AND WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIKE HIM AS SPIDERMAN

pls put Jessica Drew in the game.

thx

Tobey moved on.

Actors=/=Voice Actors. Though Yuri is shite I agree. Should have gotten Josh Keaton to be honest

Wheres the spiderman golden face?

Are you the same guy bitching for Tobey?

Shattered Dimensions had 4 SM VA's, and any one of them would be better. But especially Josh Keaton.

Which universe? Clone or Hawkeye's fuckbuddy?

Remember how he was in the first movie game? He was all kinds of backsass.

If I had my way, I'd hire a different via for Peter, and one for Spidey. Spidey himself has admitted he speaks different in costume, and Captain Stacy in. The earlier runs was in disbelief that it was him because he didn't sound like himself.

It's a small detail, but I think it'd make for a world of difference.

Spider-Girls that should be in this game is descending order

1. Mayday
2. Spider-Gwen
3. Drew
4. Silk

Both are fine, but I do like Sucker Punch better and they really nailed superhero traversal systems in the inFamous games already so they would have made more sense. Insomniac are a good dev though and I think it's in safe hands. I just hope this means inFamous 4 is on the way, those are some of my absolute favorite games and now we don't know what SP is doing.

you make it

>TOBY MCGUIRE
Disgusting, he's already shown himself incompetent as a VA. Not like Yuri much better, but I'd pick him rather than Toby.

Yes, that means Sucker Punch is working in another game

More games the better

Seems like they've got their own parkour mechanic going on too.

>But we also want to introduce new elements that players have never experienced with Spider-Man, ranging from traversing with parkour and utilizing the environment, to new combat and blockbuster set-pieces.

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/insomniacs-new-ps4-exclusive-spider-man-game-revealed-first-trailer/

Sucker Punch aren't working on a new inFamous or Sly, but a completely new IP apparently.

Clone, which means Ultimate I guess? I kinda forget.

I really like her.

Literally the only two amazing (pun unintended) spider-man games (spider-man 2 and ultimate) were done by Treyarch. Treyarch is also responsible for 3/5 of the great spider-man games (spider-man 1, web of shadows, and the 7th gen spider-man 3 games). The other 2, the PS1 spider-man and Shattered Dimensions 1, were made by other studios.

All the other games were shit. I have no hopes for this game, because every time I've ever had hopes for a spider-man game I've been let down.

If one doesnt show up by tomorrow, I will friend

Can I expect ratchet style strafing and shooting in this spiderman video game?

>spider gwen
Oh god you're one of THOSE

You mean the same clone who bent herself over backwards to praise miles to be the new spiderman?

Ehh, slightly better Jess anyway

You fags love QTE's when they're in Platinum games, yet shit on them everywhere else.

Contrarian cucks.

>It's a "Tobeyfag thinks Spider-Man can never be played by literally anyone else" episode

When are people gonna learn differentiate the facts that the first two Raimi movies are good and that Tobey is a shit Peter Parker and Spidey?

Fuck, the angle of the web and how it moves has me believe that's almost definitely moon swinging.

Over/under on a graphical downgrade? I don't trust E3 trailers.

Why would someone who can stick to walls need parkour?

>WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIKE HIM AS SPIDERMAN
he's not funny
he fails to convey that deeply repressed nerd rage
he fails to engender sympathy when he's supposed to

>being this much of a menace

JJJ was right

I'd agree a different voice is a good idea, but you don't need two VAs. Just one good one. See Kevin Conroy as Batman.

Gwen did nothing wrong

I almost misread that as Spider-Waifu, and was about to tell you why you're so wrong for not putting Chat in there.

this isn't a ubisoft game

quicktime a shit; it's only acceptable if it's Heavy Rain tier and less than 15% of the game

I really hope it's not an AssCreed kinda thing where you hold a button down and just run in a certain direction and the game just does all the work for you

To navigate over a large distance of speed while avoiding obstacles. Crawling would be too slow and sometimes he can't swing due to obstacles or saving web fluid
Plus it looks cool

Sometimes Plati manage to do things without QTE, like catching missiles in your mouth

>its basically impossible to catch Spider-Man off guard because of his reflexes
>people would still complain about QTEs even if theyre unintrusive like God of War's

Hey man, that was pretty much all Marvel, don't blame her.

How big is Insomniac anyway?

They just finished Ratchet and Clank, they've got a 2D ocean based game coming, a Oculus game, and now Spider Man.
I hope they arnt stretched too thin.

Spider-Gwen is cute! CUTE!

AC's parkour has been dumbed down so hard.

I'll have more faith in this webslinger than the recent grapplehooks.

This is a sonygger thing to say, but I'm damn glad this is getting the exclusive treatment. A QUALITY current gen spider man sounds damn great, prioritizing the PS4's tech its definitely going to be polished and fun

Sure, that's a QTE. How would you have done it differently?

You really think ubisoft are the only ones who do that?

I guess I just think of that stuff as regular spider-man movement instead of "parkour."

Platinum games and their drone apologist fanboys are pure cancer. Not one single good game from them, and Scalebound looks to be continuing that tradition of amateurish garbage.

They're really going to keep pushing those dumb eye... things... aren't they.

Don't be fags, sometimes full blown QTE's can be amazing even if there's technically 0 gameplay.

is she alive currently?
i'm super unclear on who survived from the ultimate universe.

>toby
Fuck off, Toby sounds too much like a loser to voice spider-man
>b-b-b-but Peter is a loser!
This meme needs to fucking end. Peter is a nerd / geek, but he was only ever a loser for a short amount of time in high school. After that he was always just a cool but nerdy scientist guy that told stupid jokes all the time. Meanwhile Spider-man is that cool kid persona that picks on the baddies, which Toby is horrible at voicing.
Keaton did a great job.

come at me bro

>tfw both my waifu and husbando are now exclusive memes

>cheat on Peter with his mortal enemy
>literally nothing wrong amirite u guyz?

i want Jessica jones in the game

>WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIKE HIM AS SPIDERMAN
Literally no layers as an actor. Doesn't convey the notion of Peters inner frustrations at all. Say what you will about the Webb movies but even they had the competence to make sure Garfield understood that.

Why is that? It looks like it's connected to something high up to the left of Spidey. If you look closely you can see that there's some slack in the web at the top of the swing, but it straightens out towards the bottom of the arc.

No one cares about that Gwen, loser

The game looks like it's TASM3 the game, and since it's been in development for "a long time" it probably is.

It's a Sony game.
Sony downgrades their shit almost as much as Ubisoft does.

>wants to include coalburner

Disgusting.

Someone needs to draw this rendition of Spidey swinging from the moon while the moon is a giant goldface.

they weren't mortal enemies back then, and that was a different Gwen Stacy

Fuck, okay. I'll give you that one. Who do you suggest to fill the role?

no but thay are good

>Jessica Jones' latest claim to fame is getting dicked by SWEET CHRISTMAS in the Netflix series

>SIE
WHEN THIZ SHIT STARTED

Looks like GwenPoole's found her Cable.

You're right. It is regular spidey movement it just so happens he moves around regularly like a parkour dude would by flipping and jumping and leaping over stuff

No, it's an Insomniac game

Ratchet and Clank PS4 looked just as amazing as the previews

Back to Sup Forums with you

>Sony downgrades their shit almost as much as Ubisoft does.

Nope.

inb4 MUH UNCHARTED 2!!!1!?1?!one!?!?!1

my only real complain about Garfield was his fucking hair.

It's not parkour, it's just Spidey being Spidey, his whole schtick is being super fast, super agile and bouncing all over the place. Just see whenever Spidey pulls his superball routine and starts bouncing and darting all over the place, pummeling an enemy from all directions

They're pretty big nowadays, their successes with the Ratchet and Clank series and Resistance trilogy gave them a lot of growth back during the PS3 days.

So what's it called, Insomniac Spider-Man? Wouldn't be a bad name desu

>This meme needs to fucking end
Holy fucking Lord, thank you user.

So fucking sick of the "Peters a nerd!!!!" Memes that Raimifags spout. You don't e even have to read any Spider-Man comics to understand that Peter getting powers is basically a metaphor for puberty, but nobody seems to get this.

I love Platinum and I absolutely hate the QTEs in Bayonetta and MGR. They are very obvious flaws in otherwise very good games.

>in the Netflix series

You should probably educate yourself before shitposting, Sup Forums

Play it very slow motion and look at the last few frames.
The angle suggests that the final attachment of the web is not on the building itself but a bit of a distance past it.

To be fair she is canon married to Luke.

>It's been in development for "quite some time"
>still went with that shitty ass fucking costume

What about his COPY THAT neck?

No, QTE is never acceptable. It just shows the incompetence of devs because they can't deliver proper gameplay so they just add button prompts to cutscenes. I seriously hope they're not going for cinematic experience meme.

>Back to Sup Forums with you

From now on, every time you see Jessica Jones, you'll think about how she's degrading herself by fucking a monkey. Don't shoot the messenger, bro.