youtu.be/4kbYvdgNFVs?t=381
youtu.be/d3_RQU2OJEM?t=465
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the game is shit now due to the graphics, but they'll make it better

Literally no one knows.

Skylander Crash version.

Mass suicide will occur if they change Crash's game model

Please delete your computer.

Activision and Sony are taking a big stinky shit on Crash just how MS and Rare took a big stinky shit on Conker

That you're going to buy an almost 20 year old game again for modern full price that you can easily pirate because you're a fucking shill and/or a retard.

I believe it'll be native 1080p res, and 60fps, probably better textures as well as some. I find it hard to believe they would completely remake three entire games.

But who knows, it may happen. I just wish they showed Crash Remaster at the end of the conference, instead of The Last of Dead Rising.

Have we ever had a PS1 "remaster" before?

Damn right i'm going to buy it.
Cry more.

Resident Evil 1?

>it wasn't ape escape
I never really associated crash as the PS mascot, I always thought it was the apes

That's based on the gamecube remake.

Not after the PS motion thing. Sonys current mascot is a film reel.

I will buy the entire remastered trilogy if STORMY ASCENT, pre-console quality OST and the cut Crash Bandicoot 3 music are put in.

>Buy it
>Shows that I'am still interested in a new crash and wish for a proper sequel
>Dont buy it
>Shows that I dont give a shit about crash and dont want a sequel.

its nothing new honestly series are being held hostage in this day and age.

>crash gets into shit landers AND gets a remaster
>spyro is dead forever

You're a silly willy user

What if it looks as good as the new Ratchet and Clank?

Spyro might get the same treatment in 2018.

I'd imagine if this does well they would probably try with Spyro yeah

twin snakes

They're remaking Crash? Tell me more, I was out all day and missed all the E3 hubbub.

That's literally all we know
They're remaking/remastering the original trilogy, and putting Crash in Skylanders.

>They're remaking/remastering the original trilogy
Hey, that sounds kind of cool, but why? They're still perfectly playable, and you know damn well they'll totally ignore the stretch-and-squish frame by frame animations of the originals for modernized, boring models.

>and putting Crash in Skylanders.
FUCK

Check em

God is dead.

I don't see any reason why people should get salty about Crash coming back in Skylanders. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but don't look down on those who do. Skylanders isn't marketed to people who started gaming 20 years ago; its demographic lies largely if not entirely in today's grade-school-age children, and plays off their likes and wants. Crash coming back is likely just something to appeal to the history between him and Spyro.

implying they wont censor breasts bandicoot

I wouldn't even really mind if the model they used was the original model, i'd probably buy a skylander figure just for collection if they did. But it looks fucking awful.

tawna boobicoot better still fucking be there, she made me a furry

Wow, it took what, 12 years for Activision to nail Crash design (not counting the original PS1 Crash design in WoC, Nitro Kart and GBA games).

Spyro is already in shit landers though.

Then don't. It's just that simple. Complaining about his model isn't going to change anything.
Same goes for Spyro and the Skylanders series as a whole. Activision found a groove that works to provide entertainment and rake in money, and they're gonna stick with it. As for the possibility of Spyro remakes, that's still up in the air. But nothing was announced this year other than what was at E3, and we're gonna have to work with it.

I'm glad its getting a remaster, never played the series before except for in some clothing store for a few minutes when I was a bit younger.

Remastered from the ground up means you faggots get to eat crow. You want an excuse to throw your money at a new Crash game? Here, have the same old shit and a dollar store amiibo. These companies aren't as dumb as the retards who want this shit.

>Still perfectly playable
Not a lot of people that still have a PS1 lying around, and even less people who even now how to emulate a PS1. Also it would look prettier.

I'm pretty fucking happy about this remake, I haven't played these games in years and I've been on a nostalgia trip lately and this will send me right back at my roots. I bet my dad will get excited too when he sees this, he used to play with me all the time.

Id like to remind Sup Forums that if they made a new game it would probably not be anything at all like the old games and you would have complained anyways.

>tfw Cortex's legs are so tiny they literally animated him in the old games in a way they were either cut off or stationary because you literally can't see them with the PS1 resolution

Perhaps taking the best levels of each game, and putting them together into one game.

They might even redesign the levels slightly to be compatible with the Crash 3 powerups and Time Trial mode.

Maybe they'll make the underwater levels more enjoyable too.

>Also it would look prettier.
Questionable. It'll look prettier if they manage to keep the original art style that was designed around the limitations of the time; it'll look "pretty" if thye just put unfitting HD textures everywhere.

But that's not true at all

youtube.com/watch?v=VTk210m2E4o

Right at the end of Sony's presentation, in the little montage where Gran Turismo showed up for like 3 seconds, there was a remade Crash for like less than a second.

I think they're going to remake the graphics and probably keep the gameplay (with tweaks perhaps). If this is the case this is going to be godly.

>Crash 1 and 2 levels with time trial
I have always dreamt of that

Is there a youtube link of that montage? Haven't seen it yet.

Upscaled with minor """balance""" and visual tweaks.

I'm going to guess that it'll be made easier in some way. Like each life-token being worth 3 lives, or starting you off with a single mask every time you die or something like that.

I honestly don't think gamers of today's caliber are capable of beating Crash Bandicoot 1. And CB1 wasn't THAT unforgiving to begin with.

Question is, what studio is doing this and how far are they going to go? Is it going to be a basic model swap, or is it a new engine and models all together?

Naughty Dog? I doubt it.
Activision? I hope not. They fucked it up royally.
In-house Sony studio? Probably.
Outsourced? More then likely.

On one hand, I am semi hyped because Crash 2 and 3 are some of my favorite PSX games. On the other hand, Activision still has their goddamn hands on the license and will not let it go.

>Crash 3 being played in a higher res
Either way they made Cortex's legs much bigger in that game, also the more detailed model was modeled much bigger than other models, you can see it in the intro when he's kneeling, he looks like he's 14 feet tall

Will they finally say what the fuck does aku aku shout?

IT KEEPS HAPPENING, DOG!

youtube.com/watch?v=o3fe7jHzX9s

Are we gonna start posting coco now?

>or starting you off with a single mask every time you die or something like that.

but that was already in the original trilogy

crashbandicoot.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamic_Difficulty_Adjustment

You realize that's literally Sony's mindset, right? Otherwise why not just get the psn version?

hopefully they will fix crash bandicoot's gameplay

no

not yet

Ace Combat 2 got remade as Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy

oogida boogida

and when he gets hit
oh my goodness

Yeah, and at least Crash actually looks like Crash in Skylanders

Did they give like an approximate release window on an interview or something after the conference? I saw all of Doritos Pope interviews and no representative from this Activision/Sony alliance showed up

Pls no, I keep missing the other threads and just want to talk about Crash.

Tawna is better anyway.

>no Crash Team Racing remaster

Of the entire design, the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that Crash have four fingers instead of five.

I was thinking a ratchet and clank remake due to them saying "from the group up" but honestly something doesn't feel right there...

A remake from the ground up game normally involves 1 game... the fact that all 3 games are being remade at the same time throws that out of the window...

I dont see Sony redoing all 3 crash games all at the same time so they're all the same engine same mechanics, same collectables (i meen holy shit time trials for crash 1 and 2?)

But no.. this is being sold off as a package so the implication here that they want the 3 games to be different and stand true to their original games

The best bet we get is a resident evil REmake that has everything in the exact same style but dialed up to 100x in terms of graphics.

Ive not played the REmake games and never finished an old resident evil game so i cant call whether the REmakes use the same engine just updated graphics.

Either way crash isnt gonna have the same engine naughtydog/sony or who ever is doing these remakes cant just that code so the game needs to be remade

Which segsways into uncharted 4.....
They really could just take all the classic naughty dog assets and remake them into the crash games and not changing a thing. maybe they'll pull a halo and have players look from before and after?

Either way theres still questions looming over
Does sony have the rights to crash again?
Who is developing this game?
Is this a collection or will each game be re released seperately for MAXIUMUN BUX?

Yeah, I remember that if you fucked up X times they gave you a sympathy-mask, but I mean a revision of this that just started you with a mask every time.

No matter how many times you failed, you always started with one mask.

I don't think that's unreasonable to assume.

All the characters have always had four fingers.

>What could that possibly mean?
Dumbed-down for a modern audience, focus on visuals and missing/condensed content like R&C.

Fucking love Ed, Edd and Eddy's sound effects.

In a site previously linked here, it shows Vicarious Visions is involved.

Nothing about Naughty Dog.

I actually played through the first 3 crash bandicoot games last year, they hold up surprisingly well except that when you try to play a 4:3 640x480 PS1 games on a large 1080p TV it looks like a blurry mess.

Anyway the gameplay is still fun, the atmosphere I will contend is some of the best in the genre and the music will make you shoot nostalgia goo everywhere.

>Looks more like a dog/mutt than a bandicoot

I can't help but feeling unsettled by this.

You know that time in Uncharted 4 where you play the game? Yeah, that's what we're getting, but the full game. Probably, maybe it'll be way more.

i heard about it, but i never played uncharted 4

I hope they don't make it easier, it was a challenge for me to do as a child I want to relive that, or at the very least get a laugh out of how shit I was at games.

Does the version in Uncharted 4 have wibbly-wobbly polygons?

Nuts and bolts was a good game though

That first boulders level was fucking bullshit when I was 6

...Crash has never looked like a bandicoot.

>tfw no Naughty Dog made Crash game where one of the death animations is Cortex blasting you and you turn into a photo-realistic bandicoot.

If we're being charitable, I'm going to guess it'll have a "traditional" mode.

I am willing to bet they'll try to re-work the save system though.

Depending on how much work that will be.

Scale the bandicoot up to human size, make it walk on two legs and put shorts and shoes on it, then paint it orange, it totally will then!

Crash is not a hard game.

I was a PC gamer for most of my childhood, only playing RTS and Adventure games. Crash was one of the first 3D platforms I ever played when I rented it, and I did just fine.

Do you remember the awkward, out of place animations they gave Crash 1 in Uncharted 4?
Have fun

Wasn't skylanders originally "based around" Spyro?

more please

I don't, because I didn't play it. Explain, please.

>this fucking studio

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_Visions

Shut the fuck up, I was a pc gamer for most of my childhood. PC games were fucking shit when crash 1 came out.

wild arms 1

Imagine getting Platinum on Slippery Climb or Sunset Vista.

Kek, he never did look like much, but at least in earlier in-game models, he looked slightly bandicoot-ish and thin. It just kind of feels like that's gone in this Skylanders rendition.

Although I can't help notice it is incredibly faithful to Charles Zembilla's actual designs of him if you look more closely.

WHen I realized that guy who uses his actual name on everything was Nitro it blew my mind.

Shame he draws so much Coco and no Tawna.

All the people who played Crash in the day have played the shit out of original games, and would want a sequel. But the difficulty level of the original series(or the gameplay) isn't manageable for the current generation of players. And having "4" at the end of title would be alienating to new audience.
So they're doing the sensible thing from marketing standpoint and redoing the series, so new players can jump in too. Crash was hard back in the day, so I imagine difficulty will be lowered in some way. Maybe more health, or checkpoints.
Same, wasn't Ape Escape sold as the THE game for Dualshock? I remember seeing big articles for it back in the day, and the game was fun as fuck.

bless you user

Here's the Crash 1 game played in Uncharted 4 at 6:21 if it didn't timemark right
youtu.be/4kbYvdgNFVs?t=381

Here's the original game on a similar level at 7:45 as comparison
youtu.be/d3_RQU2OJEM?t=465

It felt like they redid the animations but it just comes off as being sterile, Crash himself is missing a lot of the bounce in his step for example.

I'm thinking they'll keep things mostly the same. I think by "remaster from the ground up" means they're going to basically recreate the game with HD models in a new engine.

Oh wow, you're right. That's super weird looking, it's like he's not actually running, just sliding around while a canned animation plays.

is the user who mentioned writing a coco/tawna fic here

bump

Don't