NINE MORE HOURS

>NINE MORE HOURS

Until Suicide watch?

I'm trying to be pessimistic about it.

If it's shit, I expected it; if it's good, then it's a pleasant surprise.

What could have been

I love that cherry picked screenshot of an unfinished area off the beaten path

That's a cute girl.

Here we see the power of the Wii U

I have a very strong intuition that this game is going to be amazing. A true gem.

But they'll end up revealing everything about it, Sakurai-style. Because it's their only ammo. By the time we get to play it, the magic will be diminished.

for sheer desiappointment?

Anyone think the reason they're replacing the Wii U and not the 3DS is not because the NX is a hybrid system but because they have fully realized handhelds are dead and there will be no new Nintendo handheld after 3DS--and this is why they are partnering with mobile devs to create mobile Nintendo games?

Keep defending. You'll find you waited in vain tommrow.

Im sorry

Here's hoping it's good, and that they don't waste too much time talking about amiibo integration.

If this flops, Aonuma gets the boot, right?

why would it "flop"?

Ehhh the way devs are entrenched at Nintendo I wouldn't think so. Remember that one news snippet of a Nintendo exec (perhaps Iwata) saying that you can't make fun games if your boss is always breathing down your neck threatening to fire you and making your life stressful.

>you can't make fun games

So what's Aonuma's excuse?

ITSHAPPENING

He won't, but he might get assigned to another series like Sakamoto did.

This game has been pushed back only for the NX, and then they're not even showing that off

I don't trust Nintendo a bit anymore, and I expect absolutely nothing at this point

I'm waiting for the trailer. It might be a treehouse stream but it better start with the fucking trailer.

Anyone who thought they could finish it in only 2 years is retarded, and that includes Nintendo.
SS took 5 years and TP took 4. This was also their first time doing HD development and a true open world.

What are they doing in a green room?

I need something like the initial TP trailer again. That would most likely rekindle any amount of hype I have lost.

>blue link

what did they mean by this?

Your game is coming out in the ass end of September. You're lucky it's even getting released after all these years by the way.

This

It'll somehow be the "origin" of the green tunic. Like, Link will accidentally drop his clothes in a vat of green paint and some god will say "You know, I think that suits you..."

Honestly I wouldn't put it past Aonuma, he's become way too interested in the Zelda series' own self-consistency and lore.

I'm done with Nintendo, they haven't made a good game since Twilight Princess. I hope they crash and burn this E3

>If it's shit, I expected it; if it's good, then it's a pleasant surprise.
You say that, but in your heart, you're hoping it's good. Even if you said you were ready, you will still be disappointed if it's shit.

Preparing to harvest everyone's tears.

Oh god Miyamoto's busting out the master sword again isn't he

We already had the origin.
It's the Knight Academy uniform, Link's year was green.

If it takes place before Skyward Sword it makes sense why he wouldn't be wearing it.

Doesnt matter. If it was promised in 2015, you'd think theyd have SOMETHING to show us? No they left us in the dark without any screenshots are a FUCKING TITLE!

You'd rather them crash and burn rather than start improving again? Why?

We already had the origin. It's the outfit of the kokiri.

Oh yeah, I forgot that reality is just as bad as my nightmares. Thanks for reminding me.

Nope, see

Zelda delays are just like Final Fantasy delays, it just keeps getting pushed back

Skyward Sword retconned that, and also retconned Minish Cap's origin of the hat.
They stated Skyward Sword is supposed to be the actual origin of the clothes.

Honestly, the minute they started obsessing about WHY Link wears green clothes is when the series just started going to hell.

If we're really getting a pre-prequel, I want to know the deal with all that oriental stuff in the surface lands.

10,000 hours in mspaint

I agree with you, for some reason they thought they needed to make a game "explaining" everything even when it's things that never needed explaining.

There doesn't appear to be an origin, just a series of weird coincidences with no start (So they can milk for 1000 prequels).

I bet this new game will reveal Hylia wasn't the first Zelda either an d that was a coincidence too.

Dead

There has to be a trailer. Treehouse streaming is half assed enough.

I think now that the damage is done, they should keep going down this road until it becomes funny.

Like, do we know why Link has blonde hair? Let's have a prequel where Link starts off with black hair but has to change his hair colour due to some kind of shenanigans.

>Minish Cap is the origin of the iconic pointed green cap
>Skyward Sword takes place before Minish Cap
>SS Link has a green cap

3 shitty consoles in a row, 2 with gimmick meme controllers. Bad games, no multiplats, censorship and they treat the community like children. The company should have grown with their fanbase but instead, they're still stuck in 1999. They should just die gracefully and partner with Sony as a full-time software and handheld manufacturer.

It feels so empty without Iwata

I really, really, really want this to be good.

It seems that the game is centered around the lens of truth and that can be a really cool concept that they can use to make super clever puzzles.

I'm probably just setting myself up for disappointment though.

He there in spirit

I'll give you gimmicks and memes, but bad games? there's never been a Nintendo console with bad nintendo games. Good has always been the majority from Nintendo.

Hell, even the fucking virtual boy had a good wario land.

If you look really hard at this image, you can see his suffering from the stroke he had.

>Minish Cap is the origin of the iconic pointed green cap
Source: My ass

I can't wait for the re-release where they edit in Hayden Christensen's face instead.

So are they showing ANYTHING else, or just Zelda? I don't think I'll watch it if that's the case.

They're easy, they're linear, the stories are dull, took them this long for HD games and
still they look like they belong on an Ipad.

Skyward Sword is canonically the "first" game in the timeline, which means the Knight Uniform is the first time the hero wears green and the green clothes become legendary.

Of course, they could always make a new game set before Skyward Sword nullifying that, which I think they might be doing with Zelda U. But they might also adhere to Skyward Sword being the origin of the clothes, which is why Link only wears blue.

Link is hatless in that game, but is already wearing the tunic.
It isn't until he finds Ezlo that he starts wearing a hat, and Ezlo resembles the iconic hat from later games.
It was obviously supposed to be the origin, since the hat didn't come with the tunic like it does in all the other games.

Its the Metal Gear syndrome. The series has run for so long that the focus on answering dumb questions instead of keep building the world. Do we really needed to know about the Master Sword? Do we really needed a fucking curse to retcon all the old games into a forced cohesive narrative? I hope the new game is not another fucking prequel.

do people still mistake tech demos for Finished product?

seriously?

All I see in your post are buzzwords and generalizations that you could apply to literally any game company.

But who am I kidding, I'm on Sup Forums. This is the land of bait.

they're showing other games they've already announced too.

remember where you are

>Its the Metal Gear syndrome.
I've always thought that there is a weird correlation between MGS and Zelda.

I've also always thought that Majora's Mask and MGS2 are somehow the same trick.

That is tech demo user-kun

>I've also always thought that Majora's Mask and MGS2 are somehow the same trick.
in what way...

It's the truth, look at what everyone else made.
PS4
>Uncharted 4
PC
>Overwatch
Xbox
>Gears of War 4
And Nintendo is going to make a subpar "open world" game that won't even compare to the Fallout games.

Keeping everything to do with game systems basically the same, and including all the same elements, but giving everything a different tone.

And ending with a final "fuck you for thinking you understood what was going on". They both seem like games that are slightly annoyed to be seen as sequels.

>PC is a manufacturer
>Overwatch isn't on consoles
>Uncharted 4 and not Bloodborne
>choosing fucking gears for xbox

jesus christ user I know you're baiting but show a little fucking restraint.

Does it matter? We'll never get what we want.

sakurai pls go

Can't wait for the reactions when female Link is NOT in the game.

>Keeping everything to do with game systems basically the same,
I don't recall OoT having transforming masks or a three-day time limit.

MGS2 makes a meta commentary about just wanting to play the same game again one personally I don't think works that well. I think it's a pretty big stretch to claim they're similar in that vein.

There'll be so many tears to drink, so many passive aggressive articles

same. There's gonna be so much bitching by THOSE publications. I fucking love it when they fuss about something so astronomically unimportant.

this is what I wanted. ._.

Tech demos are made to bait retards like you into setting your expectations as high as possible.

>MGS2 makes a meta commentary about just wanting to play the same game again one personally I don't think works that well. I think it's a pretty big stretch to claim they're similar in that vein.

Well I think that's just because MGS was dialogue-heavy, but MM has some dialogue that seems to try to deconstruct something.

But I think the devs were in a similar boat, probably getting riled up by pressure and deciding to do the opposite of what is expected.

>followers of Allah in the world of the three Godesses

I think you missed the point of his post

Both were unexpected sequels maybe? Both build up the core gameplay and took it on a different direction. Not that user, but MGS at least ended. Zelda will not be able to continue building the current "timeline". Shit will have to start a new arc where the NES games ended, or be rebooted in the future.

If Zelda U has a connection to the original games, i'm sold.

>mgs2
>unexpected

you're joking.

fan art should be illegal

Reggie is a big guy

It will carry bad press and shitposting. I don't want genderbent garbage, but i'm not looking forward to the autism either 2bh.

As in "everyone was expecting Solid Snake" unexpected. I don't agree with the other user, but i can see why he is making a connection.

I smirked.

I wasn't expecting snake. only an idiot would fall for the kojima ruse cruise.

Let's be real though. Even if Zelda U was the greatest game of all time, people will still spam "Nintendo is finished, Sony always wins baby" and the like in the threads simply by virtue of there ONLY being fucking Zelda.
And that is not to mention that this might turn out to be just a slightly more polished version of Skyward Sword or TP HD with an empty as fuck overworld and a stupid gimmick holding the game back.

Until the NX reveal, this board is gonna be shitflinging central only.

>Zelda
>Flopping

It may not sell 1mill in the first week, but it'll sell for years. Like Pokemon or 2D Mario.

You're on fucking Sup Forums. If you're looking for actual discussion or positivity you're not gonna get it.

They're called Gerudo, user.

>ywn be that friendly with your coworkers

That was the start of the ruse cruise and i was a child. Sorry.

We need to see the press. Sup Forums is just bait and banter now. You can bet journos will compare it to other games like Witcher (which is fair, really), and complain about Nintendo not showing the NX version.

See you in 6 hours

>MGS2 makes a meta commentary about just wanting to play the same game again

Ah, the Zelda equivalent would be Wind Waker

>Plot is just OoT's rehashed on the water
>The villain wants to bring back the old kingdom people loved from the last game
>The king of all things Zelda appears from no where and says "Fuck that, Toon Link is BETTER"

Gerudos are followers of Hylian dick.

Lovely.

Can't wait for the disappointment.