Friday the 13th

Is literally ANYONE interested in this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6e-64mj2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How the fuck would a Friday the 13th game even work?

from what i've seen it looks [pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6e-64mj2Q

That looks fucking awful

It looks like garbage based on the little footage they've shown. It doesn't feel like there's a game there, just an alpha simulation. This game is supposed to be coming out this year?

I'll stick with Dead by Daylight until they DLC it to death.

I am, literally only game I cared about shown at E3 and only game coming out I am looking forward to. Looks pretty awesome so far, but it's probably over a year before release.

will be playing Dead By Daylight until it releases and then see how it is.

need to see how 13th works in terms of mechanics/balance further along in development before i make a judgement.

>it looks great so far
i don't see

Jason literally
>teleports in front you
into a survivors face and it seems like if he catches you next to any sort of object or terrain then you basically die instantly (then what, spectate/leave game?)

i mean the game could end up incredible and i hope it does but that gameplay preview was just like ehh.

I'd probably be more excited about it if DbD didn't exist/was shit.

I might care more about DbD if it wasn't so one dimensional, if the maps weren't so small, and if it wasn't horribly optimized and buggy. Maybe the release fixes all of that. I also hate how the killer has to go through some stupid ritual and can't just kill people in unique ways where they stand.

I'm hoping the Jason teleport thing is just that way for the preview, and that there will be some slight restrictions on it in actual release. However it's deffinently necessary, since Jason walks like a fucking snail in the game.

>I also hate how the killer has to go through some stupid ritual and can't just kill people in unique ways where they stand.

While a lot of people are interested in this because of the cool factor (which the 13th devs are happily capitalizing on) you can tell in DbD they built the system to make the mechanics/balance work instead of trying to force ideas such as environmental kills into the game which would fuck everything up (unless they tied environmental kills so that you can only perform them when you have a Memento Mori active, which would actually be extremely cool).

DbD is actually (at least from the four maps/1killer in the beta) very well balanced considering how bad asymmetrical multiplayer is generally fucked up.

I think you just hate videogames. The sacrifice system is brilliant.

>boss can open the door
>actually it fucking destroys the door instead

Dbd already has issues in that its very design does not work with the idea of playing with friends.

I've been watching slasher films for 22 years and I've been wanting these kind of games for over 12 years. The killer having to lug everyone to hooks was not how I envisioned a slasher sim, considering unique kills is one of the hallmarks of the slasher genre.

The devs have stated they plan to implement a combat system to let the counselors fight back and even kill Jason.
There are also different classes of counselors so one's probably going to be good at fighting Jason.
Most likely the edgy one

It's not a simulator. It's a game, and that's good.

The sacrifice system adds more depth and layers to the game. Being able to just slash them to death or get cinematic kills is just boring.

Being unable to do that and only being able to kill people via a lengthy process that is the same every single time is ungodly boring.

Find a way to make it unique.

My inner child who wants to just fuck shit up as Jason agrees with you

But the adult who wants an actual good game with balanced mechanics and solid competitiveness agrees with you.

You're not supposed to camp them unless you think it's going to bait more people to hook.

What's the name of the killer in Dead by Daylight?
Does he stand any chance against Jason in a fight?

why did he kill that girl

Is this the multiplayer one? I thought it was out.

She probably had sex

No one said anything about camping

There are ways to do this shit without being either "generic hookman" or "kill person instantly". You could make all kinds of different kills on different parts of the map just like in Friday, but add a process or mini-game type thing between the killer/victim.

I think there are like 3 killers in that game

There are three killers at launch.

The Trapper is basically Jason and uses bear traps and a machete.

The Hillbilly uses a hammer or something, with a chainsaw as his special attack instead of traps.

The Wraith can go mostly invisible to sneak up, and then uncloak and attack.

There's a reason they put the sacrifice system in there. It adds depth to the game that will never be there if you can instant kill at will. You're supposed to be able to rescue your allies and fail while doing so. You're supposed to agonize over whether to camp or whether to just plant a trap and be on your way.

This game was literally only announced after the Last Year kickstarter was funded, and Paramount actually slapped a C&D on them for a while just so they could get this piece of shit off the ground.

I hope it crashes and burns.

>There's a reason they put the sacrifice system in there. It adds depth to the game that will never be there if you can instant kill at will. You're supposed to be able to rescue your allies and fail while doing so. You're supposed to agonize over whether to camp or whether to just plant a trap and be on your way.
Try reading the post next time.

Paramount sold the Friday rights like 25 years ago

So remake Jason, Leatherface, and Kevin Bacon?

I expected nothing and was still let down

Damn, did the other thread die real quick or what?

Just like this game

Then whoever owns it now.

While I agree that they could have more variety in terms of the killing equipment that are basically just hook reskins (for example, lock them into a slowly constricting iron maiden, strap them to a bench where a buzzsaw is moving up, hang them on a fraying rope over crocodiles, have them being slowly torn in two different directions) all of which could function identically to the hook in terms of
>put them on [equipment]
>die when they bleed out/fail escape attempts/no one frees them

it simply seems beyond their resources for them to make it happen in (partially) randomly generated maps and with a game that's selling at

It looks tedious and seems like it plays very slow. I get that's kind of the point with Jason, but just controlling him seems like it would be frustrating, and the teleportation gimmick looks like it'd be incredibly broken. Unless it offers mounting objectives and does what Dead by Daylight didn't do in that department, it's going to be a pass.

>TFW no Rick cameo with 2x4 in any of these games

the teleporting looks fucking awful.

So

Which movie was the best?

>press to kill
Kek

would be cool t b h
>Jason walks into the woods
>gets transported by the entity
>snaps survivor heads into generators instead of helping them
>finally comes face to face with The Trapper