Miss me yet?

Miss me yet?

Jesus Christ no

why'd I? a new, better RE was just announced.

you're making no sense. go back to the bargain bin you piece of shit.

anyone else just see this as a giraffe forcing a dude to blow him

fuck me forgot to crop

No but the new one isn't exactly what I wanted either.

You must be the first guy to discover this.

I'd rather have WELCUM 2 DA FAMILY, SUN than that shit

Are we seriously going to pretend the shitfest known as RE6 is a good game now

I fucking hate all of you, ice been playing through this trash on off with a friend and the only salvageable part is mercenaries

>There are kids on this board right now who think 6 is truer to the RE franchise than 7.

>wake up
>see news about new RE
>holy fuck, trailer starts
>i-it's scary, is this a return to the old formula?
>it's just Silent Hills
>first person, VR shit, might as well be a western game

I didn't want another RE6, but this is to far Capcum. Might as well just get a new title(like Silent fucking Hills) for the game at this point for how much it has to do with RE.

Yes, an arcade action game with mild resource management is truer to an arcade action game with heavy resource management, than a vr early access first person horror indie game where the protag keeps saying fuck to himself

If you say yes then you some fuck who complains about everything.

>I'd rather have WELCUM 2 DA FAMILY, SUN than that shit
You mean The Family from Resident Evil 6? You haven't forgotten RE VII is an RE6 sequel, have you?

Anyway, OP, shame on you for posting the shitty 7th gen console versions. PC/PS4/XBO are the only versions worth playing. God-tier game. Hopefully RE VII is good.

This is almost as stupid as the memers on Sup Forums defending Star Wars Episode 1. I loved 5 but 6 was a fucking train wreck of epic proportions.

ofc not just trying to repost it for anyone who might not have, baka

>This is almost as stupid as the memers on Sup Forums defending Star Wars Episode 1.
The prequel trilogy are better than the original trilogy, though. Even Episode 1. And Episode 7 ranks lower than even the original trilogy.

Reminder that RE6 has the best TPS cover system of all time.

>RE is now a streamer centered scream bait game

What the hell capcom?

RE's strength was never in the horror, the horror is pretty shit, it was the light puzzle mechanics and the resources management that was the real star of the show. The horror elements that aren't actually scary was just the icing on the cake.

Fairly certain quite a few games have made sliding into cover a thing.

RE6 is the best game in the series. It goes without saying I'm disappointed a bit. There is still hope RE2 Remake will be RE6.5, though.

Once you understood its systems, RE6 controlled like a fucking dream.

I'd much rather have another RE6 with good nonlinear level design than whatever the fuck RE7 is.

Haha, fuck no. Even a modern horror game would be better than pure action RE.

What did this "RE6 is best" meme come from anyways? Is it just a contrarian thing?

I mean, I can accept that it's better than what some people say, but it's still not exactly good.

I agree. The prequels were bold and stylistic.

nope

inb4 platinum dicksuckers calling it awful despite loving Vanquish

is this autism? the rigid part of autism? jesus fucking christ, to make a statement like that with this webm

While I won't go full contrarian and say the prequels were better than the older ones. They were better than the new movie.

The new movie did absolutely nothing to add any worth to the series. It was just A New Hope again. At least the prequels did something, even if it was just fucking things up.

>Fairly certain quite a few games have made sliding into cover a thing.
No. RE6's cover system is unique. You hold RMB to slide. You also hold RMB to take cover. You also hold RMB to stay on the ground when you dive backwards... also by pressing RMB. It's genius.

That's just a console control scheme where everything is done on the same button because controllers are shit.

Mass Effect did the same by having fucking everything on one button.

Not him, but play through it once, then play it co-op with a friend who's played atleast 4 or 5 before. Best splitscreen in the last 5 years. So fucking smooth.
Ignore Leon's campaign as long as you can, it's shit.

That doesn't sound much like "the best to me" if I have to skip part of the game to enjoy it.

>That's just a console control scheme where everything is done on the same button because controllers are shit.
But it also works perfectly on PC. It's simple and elegant.

>Ignore Leon's campaign as long as you can, it's shit.
No, it's not. Leon's campaign is fine. It has the benefit of slower pacing and more wandering around doing nothing. Chris' campaign is balls-to-the-wall action, but it comes at the cost of repetition.

Chris campaign is one of the biggest piles of shit I've played in recent memory. Fuck you.

I don't think it's the best one, think the first is better. The meme was born from people who've never played the first three. Maybe best out of 4-6?

And you don't have to skip Leon, just do it last, since it starts slow. Chris>Jake>Ada>Leon.

>That doesn't sound much like "the best to me" if I have to skip part of the game to enjoy it.
Resident Evil 6 is a game trying to appeal to various factions of the fanbase who all hate each other. So it stands to reason that unless you're very open-minded, at least 25% of Resident Evil 6 is going to ignore you.

For example, Resident Evil 4 is 100% bad because 100% of the game is slowly walking around boring European villages and castles and caves.

>Chris campaign is one of the biggest piles of shit I've played in recent memory. Fuck you.
Chris' campaign is badass, user. Truly fantastic campaign which really explores the game mechanics and has the best storytelling and acting in the entire series.

>I don't think it's the best one, think the first is better. The meme was born from people who've never played the first three.
I've played every RE game.

RE6 > RE2 > Revelations 2 > Everything else.

Game should have just been a giraffe blowjob simulator, would have been better off.

I've loved pretty much every RE game I've played so far though.

2>Remake>4>3>5

>you're an underaged piece of shit.
>you've literally never played a single other shooter
One of these must describe you.

>What did this "RE6 is best" meme come from anyways?
People who genuinely enjoy the game. Same place "RE4 is the best" came from despite RE4 being a shitty QTE-fest.

Did they finally get rid of the QTE's starting with 6?

>criticize walking simulators
>criticize mechanically shallow games
>hate RE6 cuz it's not a mechanically shallow walking simulator
>cry to no end about how series suppose to dumb itself down and return to it's shallow walking simulator roots

Also:

>scream and cry about how big AAA titles are all simplistic, casualized and have zero depth gameplay, small amount of content, 5 hour campaigns and cut content for DLC
>the only big AAA release that had vast amounts of content, gameplay with depth that respects skilled players, no cut content for DLC and a very long campaign is hated with passion by Sup Forums

Re6 with the qte off was fantastic. In really bummed there is no RE7.

Revelations 2 has almost no QTEs. RE6 nerfed instakill QTEs in a patch. (PS4/XBO disabled getting run over by trains by default.) So yea, Capcom has definitely lost interest in PRESS TWO ARBITRARY KEYBOARD BUTTONS TO NOT DIE.

A Giraffe can't stand on 2 legs so this doesn't make sense

>tfw Resident Evil is going the way of Conker
>is used to promote gimmicks

Now you know how us Rarefags feel. Doesn't feel great does it?

I'm not going to defend 6, but is 7 actually a fucking first person youtuber bait "experience" like the trailer made it look?

>just got into the series
>it's now dead

Well fuck.

RE6 is an amazing game because it gave us Ada Wong's campaign for free. The Evil Within, which is SO BLATANTLY INFLUENCED BY RE6 THAT ANY DENIAL MAKES YOU LOOK RETARDED, sold us Kidman's campaign as DLC.

TEW has bus rides, slow walking sections, LET'S GO TO THE CATHEDRAL, evil robot roombas, spinning dial QTEs, melee takedowns, and so on and so forth. Plus "RUN TOWARDS THE CAMERA" sections.

There's some boss dodging but that's about it? I think?

I don't know how much wrong you could be. Are you one of those people that plays these mutant-zombie games dead serious? It's the tightest action ever.

I looked at some streamer playing it and it looked about as boring as you'd expect.

The only Resident Evil about it is the name.

It's a giraffe-man

Remember that the demo won't necessarily reflect the final game, which will likely have SOME ties to RE6's storyline.

By tightest action, do you mean, bombastic forced turret sections and shooting while jumping from buildings while things explode? Or do you mean, early village center from RE4?

RE7? It may look like a good game, but it's not Resident Evil. What's with this first person mute main character?

I don't know, I'm a platinum dicksucker and I enjoyed RE6.

I think quite a lot of cuhrayzee fans liked RE6, too. I was hoping at least Capcom will make a spinoff with RE6 combat.

>By tightest action, do you mean, bombastic forced turret sections and shooting while jumping from buildings while things explode?
Reminder that The Evil Within literally had forced turret sections while jumping from exploding buildings. The Evil Within. The "true" successor to Resident Evil. Muh survival horror.

6 was good. 5 was my favorite because of the best controls and best mercenaries mode.

That's not what I asked. I haven't played TEW and have no desire to. I was asking about RE6.

The demo is entirely 1st person from what I've seen. No guns, but you get an axe to swing at shit and can interact with a buncha shit.
Just a demo though, so no telling how much it'll change by release.

I mean the running and gunning / arenas which was 95% of the campaign.
Not going to defend the turret sections. But doesn't the Chris campaign only have those kind of short car bits? The terrible helicopter one that lasts for 5 minutes where you sip beer with your other hand is in something else.

I thought it was ok but re4 is way better. And I love using that bow in re5

Yet The Evil Within is "omg so atmospheric true horror game this how resident evil 6 was supposed to be" if you listen to the "true Resident Evil fans".

I played first RE on PSX in 1998, played 2 and 3, Dino Crisis 1-2. Parasite Eve 1-2, played Resident Evil 4,5,6.

Yet i strongly believe that there is nothing wrong with 4,5,6 and they are amazing games that stay true to the series just explore different themes. Resident Evil is a homage to Hollywood action and monster movies, it has unforgettable cheesy Capcom style and charm, every RE games has this.

Also i believe that the best Capcom game in PSX era was Dino Crisis 2 if you haven't played it you should.

Pathetic and forced

No

>That fucking yelp from the guy in the audience when the dude walked by the doorway

I fucking hated supernatural bullshit in a Resident Evil, but that was pretty funny.

Nobody liked Evil Within, the common consensus is people flat out hating it

>Nobody liked Evil Within, the common consensus is people flat out hating it
Not so simple. TEW sold a few million copies. It's getting a sequel. It's quite a popular game. And quite a few people love it but LOATHE RE6.

I think while 5 has tighter controls, better sound effects, and fairer Mercenaries mode (I didn't like getting 10 seconds per counters in 6), 6 is simply funner because of the movement options and speed.

I don't even know if we'll get another Mercsenaries mode/game, considering now RE7 is basically PT.

>every new Resident Evil installment I think "I really hope they make it more like the original series"
>every installment gets farther and farther away
>now Resident Evil will be in 1st Person

>fun enemies to fight with unique mutation in response to damage ability that makes every shot count and every fight new and unique yet not RNG based
>tight movement and combat mechanics with depth
>on No Hope ammo is very scarce, especially in Chris campaign, practically forcing you to use hand-to-hand, not a single RE game had this kind of ammo scarcity

I can go on. But you're just a fucking human trash who wont see a good game even if it is in front of his fucking nose.

>>now Resident Evil will be in 1st Person
Resident Evil was supposed to be first person originally. Then it was supposed to be co-op, but the PS1's shitty hardware kept getting in the way.

>TEW sold a few million copies. It's getting a sequel. It's quite a popular game.
Just like RE6

But they made an actually good game instead, how about that?

I hope DMC5 is also a first person horror youtube bait, because it was originally meant to be a Resident Evil game too

>I wish Resident Evil was more horror centered
>Granted, but it's now a Silent Hills ripoff aimed at streamers and VR

Damn you Monkey Paw! Damn you to hell!

RE6 sold significantly more copies than TEW.

>But they made an actually good game instead, how about that?
The moment they got their hands on the N64, they started working on adding an AI controlled partner character.

So RE4?

Resident Evil 1 was originally planned to first person game, hence the door opening sequences. This is going to very roots of the series as far you can go.

Hey, i love RE6 and i know more about RE series than you. But you are the "true fan" who knows better what the series needs, how ironic.

>getting butthurt because of giraffe blowjobs

found the autist

>on No Hope ammo is very scarce, especially in Chris campaign, practically forcing you to use hand-to-hand, not a single RE game had this kind of ammo scarcity
If you're going to start lying or aren't good at the game, don't lash out on me. :^>

RE6 sold 6 million copies just like RE5.

Not complaining about RE6 controls but that's just uneccesary flashy shit.

There were 2 Resident Evil games that had first person combat on PS1/PS2.

>practically forcing you to use hand-to-hand, not a single RE game had this kind of ammo scarcity

So, you haven't played the old Resident Evil games I take it where you're not even supposed to kill Zombies unless it's a real emergency and just run past them instead?

>Resident Evil will soon go from a classic horror franchise to a meme franchise for streamers to make wacky faces to
It wasn't supposed to end like this.

>the cover system changes what shoulder the camera is behind

Yeah dude, the best cover system of all time lmao

6 sold 6.5M, 5 sold 7M.

This is how i miss my RE

fuck your Neo RE bullshit

>Not complaining about RE6 controls but that's just uneccesary flashy shit.
It's not flashy. It's a perfectly functional cover system which allows you to slide into cover. Otherwise you'd be left out in the open. It's crucial because RE6 has enemies with weapons and projectiles.

>left out in the open so all those melee enemies don't hit you with the occasional spitting zombies or dynamite guy who will throw it behind your cover anyways

wow great

RE1-3 literally shower you with bullets. RE4 has enemies drop shit when you kill them. The series has never had serious ammo scarcity. And the big difference with RE6 is the enemies are fast and aggressive, so "running away" isn't as easy as earlier games.

>that flailing jump at the end

>RE1-3 literally shower you with bullets.

You just confirmed you haven't played the older RE games with that one statement.

>>the cover system changes what shoulder the camera is behind
>Yeah dude, the best cover system of all time lmao
Uh... Yes? Your characters switch from left to right handed in order to more effectively shoot around corners. You can manually override it, but it's yet another area where the game shits on other cover systems where the camera gets in the way because your character is right handed.

>It's crucial because RE6 has enemies with weapons and projectiles.

Well. Guess I won't be playing RE6 any time soon.

I though the cover shit was just sort of there, like in RE5. Not a necessity.

RE6 was Capcom's most expensive game ever

But you're still in my collection. Just not being played anymore.