Man when you think of ALL the exclusive shit MS could make with that cash....they even could have bought sony

Man when you think of ALL the exclusive shit MS could make with that cash....they even could have bought sony..

26.2 billion is retardation. fucking ms pissing so much money down the toilet. linkedin isn't even worth 2 billion

It's more than sony and Nintendo are worth individually

Hell they can probably buy steam offering gabe that much. Last I recall EA offered 1 billion in 2012

But now they get information from people in professional settings all to themselves

Hahahaha.
Wow.

>buying work facebook
lol

...wait then why haven't they done that yet?

>armchair analyst on Sup Forums somehow knows how much things are worth
lmao

because Microsoft are bros

they gave Apple money so they wouldn't lose competition

>...wait then why haven't they done that yet?
Gaben refuse to sell. Valve is not publicly traded, Gaben owns the company 100%. There are no shareholders other than him. And he said no.

Glad I never made a LinkedIn account.

It's tricky doing that shit when sony and nintendo are jap companies. Besides I don't think you can just simply buy companies that easily without meeting roadblocks. Or you can get situations like ubi where everyone threatens to abandon ship.

Steam is privately owned so it's impossible to buy them out. Besides I don't think they feel it's worth 26 billion.

I know you faggots are aware but Microsoft is significantly more than just the gaming division

Corporate pride, competition drives profits, selling out long term success and profits for money now. Pick one. Most don't sell out to their competitor because the long term, both Sony and Nintendo stand to keep making money/being successful, no real point in throwing in the towel yet.

so is Sony, yet Microsoft is still top dog, i'm glad to be an Xbot

Figures that basement-dwelling unemployed bums or underage would undervalue the worth of a professional network like Linkedin.

It's quickly becoming the HR tool of the modern age and Microsoft did good by not allowing Facebook or Google to buy it first,

>basement-dwelling unemployed bums

Was that necessary?

>I know you faggots are aware but Microsoft is significantly more than just the gaming division

Funny since that's the only thing people pay attention at MS for

They are undervaluing gaming.

Today it is workbook. Tomorrow it is mywork. These things are always bought for more than they are worth since there is over the top expectations for them.

That's the only thing you pay attention to MS for, you mean.

>But Sup Forums and all the gaming forums I go to don't care about other shit MS does either
What a shocker.

What else? Office suites? W10 isn't even wanted by corporations anymore

What the fuck is linkedin?

But why LinkedIn?

Fuck you.

Basically facebook for resumés.

Acquisitions and mergers aren't simple and easy things to execute.

MS is master at acquiring quickly failing but still overvalued companies like Nokia and LinkedIn.

yes
kill yourself NEETshit

hahahahaha, linkedin is literally worthless
nobody is on it

minecraft too

gabe wouldn't sell

he already has enough money

avg age of gamers is 30, and probably use Linked in for their jobs

I have a linkedin account

it doesn't work

nobody contacts me from it

>somebody wants me to be in their linkdin
>never had a job
n-no thanks dude

Recruiters for big companies use it.

Because steam is a literal infinite money hole

microsoft doesn't like building stuff itself

before they made bing, they tried to buy yahoo

I bet yahoo feels stuipid now

1 billion for minecraft

Never even heard of LinkedIn. I know I'm not exactly the most social person but at least I know what Facebook is.

that maybe so, but as a tool to help get you a job, it's worthless

>it's quickly becoming
You mean it became half a goddamn decade ago and since then jack shit's happened. It's stagnant as shit and won't last.

>Windows Server 2012
>Skype
>MSN/Bing
>Windows Phone

Admittedly not all mainstream successes, but they do a shitload more than just games. Hell, I'm sure the money they get from all their server suites alone is more than the entire Xbox division.

it's more of the business facebook, actually really well known with programmers or other IT jobs and also has status messages like "looking for a new job" and so on

So basically when all of their jobs get automated away or outsourced to India linkedin is toast....warm buttery toast.

My disabled, senior citizen aunt has linkedin. I don't know why though. That's who linkedin was made for.

How is that worth 26 billion??

It isn't. Even I have applied for a few IT jobs through that site and all ignored my applications.

Seems like a lot to pay for it.

Are they planning on using it to snipe potential employees and make a super team?

It's common knowledge that most tech companies are overvalued, why do these niggers keep forking out billions of dollar for them?

No one uses any of this you microshill

FUCK I was looking to buy LinkedIn stock a month ago because I suspected a buyout soon, but I forgot about it.

did you miss out on a thousand dollars?

TWENTY SIX BILLION

what the shit

Not true mate, I got an entry level job at Rolls Royce through linked in about 3 years ago. Site saved my life desu.