Tekken is returning to its glory days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g4h8o4pWECI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tits stretching the cloth fabric
I enjoy this greatly

Any Lili footage?

>Tekken is returning to its glory days.
That's funny considering it's a series that got better with each installment, you retard.

Only exception was 4

Tekken lost its appeal for many during last gen when designs became more and more outlandish, graphics looking worse than competition while roster and combo bloat became a bigger and bigger obstacle to people wanting to learn the game. T7 trims some of the fat that clogged the series last gen.

TTT2 is legitimately the best game in the series so far, and whining about it having too many characters isn't going to change that.

>Tekken lost its appeal for many during last gen
You pulled this out of your ass

>graphics looking worse than competition
What competition? Tekken consistently looks better than other 3D fighters, and none of them are remotely as popular.

Still hasn't trimmed enough fat. It's just Tekken 6, with 2/3rds of the roster, no bound, and super moves.

I'm waiting for a Tekken 3 style re-envisioning of the mechanics. Maybe Tekken 8?

This

Tekken 6 was bad

didn't know it was coming to pc

>Tekken is returning to its glory days.
They're bringing back the orange T-Rex?!

>tekken 3
>it's a nostalgiafags who don't even play fighting games episode

Didn't some director of Tekken of something told the PC community to stick with Payday and kill our selves when people asked if the latest Tekken was coming for PC?

>You pulled this out of your ass
Look at the sales. Last gen Tekken games sold less than earlier Tekken games. TTT2 especially did very modest numbers.

>What competition?
DoA5 looked better. Virtua Fighter 5 looked better. And DoA is a million-seller series so it's not that niche. Not to mention the migration to 2D that took place last gen when SF4 hit. Tekken was losing steam, which is why T7 has a different design approach.

>PC

oh thank christ

tell me it doesn't require windows 10

Microshit is not in any way related to their development so probably not.

What about Denuvo the Pirate Killer? Might seriously consider buying a PS4 if it's there.

It's on steam user

You mean they are going back to the glory days of it being about parry, dodge, counter,and block and not about memorize 20 hit juggle 2 win?

Source?

The games only really lost focus around T6. T5:DR was the tits and now 7 looks better than any Tekken ever.

>currently has 29 fighters
Step it Namco. T6 had 40 characters in it's roster.

TTT already had Kazuya transforming into a devil or an angel.
Last gen my fucking ass.

>Look at the sales. Last gen Tekken games sold less than earlier Tekken games
That's because 2D fighters have gone back to being more popular than 3D, not Tekken changing too much. Tekken has been as 'bloated' and hard on newcomers since 5, which is the 2nd best selling game in the fucking series.

>DoA5 looked better. Virtua Fighter 5 looked better
This is bait, right? TTT2 is one of the best looking last gen games, especially compared to VF and DOA stock model shit.

>Not to mention the migration to 2D that took place last gen when SF4 hit
Yeah.. for series that started out 2D, Tekken was never 2D. No one expected or wanted a 2d tekken, why did you even include that statement?

>which is why T7 has a different design approach
lol no it doesn't, it's been out in arcade in japan for a while. It's still good, modern Tekken.

NICE TO SEE YOU

The point is to have less senpai. Pretty sure T6 had clones so it's nothing to brag about. In terms of variety, T7 will have more characters.

I'd rather have a few memorable characters than bloated roster with clones and shat out designs. T7 looks better on that front. They seem to handle each character with greater care.

is eddy in?
is miguel in?

>In terms of variety, T7 will have more characters.

TTT2 had clones. Nobody's defending SFV tiny ass roster.

What's wrong with the SFV roster? They're gradually adding fighters so you have time to learn specific match-ups before roster bloat hits.

No and and sadly no. There is still hope.
What did i say that was wrong? You want Anna/Nina, King/A.King?

>footage
>feetage

will it have crossplay and ranked modes?

Alright who is this semon demon?

I've never played a single Tekken. But I like the graphacs in this one. I might look into it.

Post more clones. I want you to back up what you said, lad.

>You want Anna/Nina, King/A.King?

Yah, bruh. Every of these characters started as a palette swap, but you can't say they play the same in TTT.

>been playing the game for months in the arcades and spending a lot of money on it
>finally gonna be out for PC
I'm so happy

I hope Tekken does well but it seems like 3d fighters are dead for the most part. Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter, and even Soul Calibur don't really move the needle sales wise anymore, and I doubt Tekken is going to be much different. The game looks cool but it's probably going to be dead outside of its obligatory niche very quickly, which is a shame.

>Anna/Nina, King/A.King
Nah I don't feel the similarity when I'm using them. Especially when A.King has smaller move list. Kuma and Panda are legit clones and capos.

>TTT2 is one of the best looking last gen games
I'd be impressed if you could find an uglier one.

Yeah, Harada initially really wanted to but hinted that he couldn't.

Anna/Nina do not play the same. I would have given you Eddy/Christie or Panda/Kuma.

How is the game compared to other Tekken games?

Post obscure Tekken characters everyone forgot about.

>this is the only thing you'll respond to, with a cherrypicked screenshot at that

Just admit you made a retarded statement in the OP already.

They still mostly do, King even has moves from A.King now. Whenever i bring this up there is always people saying "But it's not exactly the same!" When the point i am making is that they are too similair.

Having same fighting styles is too much when instead Tekken team could add more unique styles.

Beak/Hwoarang
Eddy/Christie
Kuma/Panda
And i already mentioned the other pair. That is 5 more characters that could be replaced by entirely new styles instead of a variation of one.

Eh, I love TTT2, but it doesnt look particularly good.

I could add to this with TTT2 but i stuck with T6.

>screenshots of the game doesn't count
Alright user. Your TTT2 is a beautiful game.

>Baek/Hwoarang
>clones
You're reaching so fucking hard

I hate to say it, but Tekken has been in the shit for years. Dead or Alive is better ffs. Tekken has been going backwards and back to its place with since they cannot understand how juggling and physics should work for their game.

They tried implementing weapons one time, but it just turned out to be a gimmick.

Fighting game grills have the best pits desu.

The hottest character a long with Asuka and Jun.

Shot haired girls best girls.

>we will never get back the GOAT announcer from Tekken 3

I agree Anna and Nina play similar if that's what you mean but not clones.

Also I don't wanna see Baek, Christie and Bears in the new game. In fact no animals.

Bob/Slim Bob
Lili/Sebastian
Law/F. Law
Roger/Alex

Jesus Christ i already pointed out that there are variations of a single fighting style and that a variation is better of replaced by an entirely new style. Get this through your head before responding.

Here let me give you an example: Nina Williams, now which of these two characters that i'm about to mention are more unique, Miguel or Anna?

>it's too complex
>t-the combos are too big
>there's too many characters

good criticism

Then don't use the world clone, because you clearly have no idea what it fucking means.

FUCKING FINALLY

It is one when that's what most people who would buy a game would point out. I'm so happy that you're an elite Tekken player that has no problem with too many characters but the majority who buy these are not the same.

You're being a cunt on purpose. You know what he meant and why he argued for less "half-clone" characters.

I want to destroy noobs with Lee fucking Chaolan

That's how you describe a pair of characters that play similar. My point stands.

Don't shoot the messenger. It's a common complaint raised towards recent Tekken installments and one even recognized by Namco.

>half-clone

I would compare it to T5. Plays at a similar speed and feel to it aside from the addition of Rage Arts and Power Crush. The lack of Bound does make it feel less 6.

The loading times however seriously fucking feel like 6.

Load times with FR? I assumed that's getting fixed.

As of now there's no Lee.

youtube.com/watch?v=g4h8o4pWECI

Arcades are still T7 pre-FR. Those have awful loading times.

Step brother of Kazuya, yeah he's gonna make it.

FUCK YOU
U O
C Y
K K
Y C
O U
UOY KCUF

He's not there, sadly. Pick Shaheen instead.

I hope so, I used to main Lee myself. Katarina's just not good enough of a replacement even though she's a fairly easy fast character to use.

I want Lee Chaolan there. He's the best comedic relief besides Mishima shenanigans. Best part of Tekken Blood Vengeance. T7 tone seems to be more grittier/darker in theme.

it would be awesome if it has some crossplay, it was the few good things about SFV netplay.

There's nothing wrong in DOA models though. Stages also look good. Graphics or animations are not inferior.
Until ten years has passed I still have hope there's going to be new VF.

Lee a shit.

I kinda feel like T7 has been out, but not out, for an eternity now.

...and a release date NEXT YEAR? This is a god damn game that will have been at 2 EVOs now.

Why isn't this just out now? Shit, I mad.

>PC
Cool.

It will have been at the arcades for exactly two years until it comes out on consoles. It's a fairly shitty model for console players but apparently Bamco is making lots of dough on the arcades.

I want a god damn Tekken or Soul Calibur (yeah, remember that game?) on my PS4 g'damnit.

MEMEMEME

I WANT

ME WANT NOW

>me on the middle, far right

today I will remind them Lucky Chloe was a mistake even to the Japs.

Bitch has dropped into last place for character usage which is amazing seeing how stupid Gigas is and how bad Jack is in T7.

>Mfw my mains are in every tekken related thing

Some of you guys are really special snowflakes

Well fucking hell. Now I know that the two chars I use (Gigas and Jack) are only beating that "am i kawaii uguuuuuuuuu~!" abomination?

This thread is pissing me off way more than it should.

I'm playing her specifically to make people like you angry.

>low tier character is used the least
What a shock.

>I'm only losing to piss you off

thanks for the free win, shitter

I don't think you realize there are plenty of kids who don't give a fuck about tiers who play Tekken.

Regulars at the arcade? Not really.

>tekken on PC
FUCKIN FINALLY!!!!!!!

why would you want to pirate a fighting game?
for the story?

fuck off SF shitter

SFV steam reviews reflect the sad state of fighting games, where more people seem to be invested in a 5 hour single-player experience than the actual competitive aspect of the game.

I actually love the Tekken story stuff, comedic endings a best

I didn't mean SFV.

I was saying that if you buy a fighting game just for the story mode it's a wasted money.