E3 reports: people were excited for the Infinity Warfare trailer until CoD title

>The crowd was absolutely in love with what the game had to offer, as was I. “ouus” and “ahhs” spanned across the whole stadium but when call of duty title appeared..

youtube.com/watch?list=PLol_ykYs3OQ6jX4YikUvk44-TspWRwdtN&v=PmaZw1xMxBQ

Had a similar experience. Thought it looked good but I knew there was something missing. Finally when they started shooting the AR I knew it was Call of Duty. Still, I can't say I wasn't impressed. Game looked good, at least in that sequence.

Shhhh we're still supposed to pretend that they're not doing anything new with the franchise!

2bh I thought at first it was the single player campaign of star citizen until they started shooting, then I knew it was CoD

The thing was I had a bit of hope when I saw what I was looking at that something free form and cool was going on. That this might not be the only way to raid that ship, that maybe I could stay in my fighter and choose to pilot that more and take it down that way. When I saw Call of Duty, I instantly knew everything there was ultra scripted.

They fooled me all the way up until the guy pulls out an AR and starts shooting. Those fuckers have been using the same fucker rifle sound and aim animation since cod 4.

I thought it was a ps vr only game

Why did people hate Infinite Warfare again? Didn't everyone bash the devs for not doing anything new? The trailer really looked great.

I thought it was an awesome new IP, then I was shocked when it turned out to be COD

What I didn't like about Advanced Warfare was that so many "PRESS X" QTE

but it was a fine game

The crowd AKA journo faggots
Who cares

I'm going to be very honest
I hate online gaming

I wish they made a CoD with 15-20 hour single player

This. It'd be disingenuous of me to pretend I'm not interested in it beside it's CoD.

This.
Popular rhetoric is a powerful thing.

F

You have to admit the crowd being exposed for the pretentious douchebags they are was hilarious

To be fair I was the same. Still I may actualyt buy a cod. never thought id say that again

Me too bro.

Just goes to show how many retarded hiveminds there are.

The game looks awesome, if it wasn't CoD people would be losing their shit over it. But it has become a meme to hate on CoD so we have a bunch of retards all trying to fit in and look cool by hating on it.

like MGSV is a bad game meme

I knew when the duck and shoot real combat starts (the flight sequence was completely scripted) and the stupid objective reporting lines start pouring in. then it looked about as shit as any other cod.

Yeah, pretty much. As soon as the protag looked down the sights it was sealed.

As soon as the dyke started talking I knew it was CoD.

Did people seriously not know it was Call of Duty until the title came up? How? Seriously, how? I knew it was Call of Duty eight seconds into the footage and I haven't even played the series beyond a few hours of MW2 multiplayer a few years ago.

>Grapple to kill
>Enemies don't even bother shooting half the time
>Press button/pull switch to kill everyone in this room
>5 fucking minutes to clear a starship

Willing to bet the flying portion is on rails as well considering you're forced to ditch it for some dumb reason.

Only after he got out of the spaceship

Do you feel like you fit in now?

>Press button/pull switch to kill everyone in this room

That's what I don't like about the latest CoD
Very easy single player campaign

it has okay visuals I guess. not really.

but the campaign still looks like the weak, handhold-y bullshit CoD has been since MW2. markers always telling you where to go, exposition forcefed to you through cutscenes you wish you could skip so you can get back to mowing down waves of flavorless enemies. now it's just dipped in sci-fi paint.

>throws grenade
>space thrusters guide it to target
i fuckin jizzed my pants

To be fair, the previous reveal trailer did look absolutely like shit. Shit graphics, same old CoD gameplay. Literally looked like Advanced Warfare.
They should have made this the reveal.

>The game looks awesome
CoD's good at making setpieces that look great, and then you play the actual games and it's the same mind-numbing pop-up cover shooting it's always been.
Only difference is that this time it's in space, but who knows, maybe they'll go the Shattered Horizon route and do something unique with it.

desu senpai I was just gonna let it be but some fucknuggets started trying to parade it off as some Star Citizen killer and I'm like fucking hell mate, Arma Apex is a much better comparison, you're just reaching and it's fucking hilarious.

I actually thought it looked alright

It could be something I'd play after seeing reviews

I'd never say that before

this just shows what mindless retards the gaming public are

>OH ITS COD? WELL THAT MAKES IT SHIT

lol thats not a meme

The real issue is: There is a market for games that take place on space and involves spaceship and dynamic combat on space

But no one seems to realize its potential

>but some fucknuggets started trying to parade it off as some Star Citizen killer
No one said that.

Why do you come out with complete and utter bullshit like this? Star Citizen is a fucking space sim not a FPS.

it's because they realized everything they just saw will actually last for like 3 hours, and it takes a gigantic backseat to the same old multiplayer as always

t. Activision shills

>Everyone who will now be replying to this post trying to damage control
Glad this type of behaviour has actually been outed on such a huge scale, the game genuinely looks like fun and I applaud IW for finally doing something that looks different. If you hate the game at this point you either don't have any interest or stake in FPS titles or you're bandwagonning to fuck.

Epic

Zero G combat. Spaceships. I'm sold.

People did say it, I browse more that Sup Forums lad. Didn't mean to imply people here were already saying it.

It is an FPS tho, which is like half the reason to get into it. Plus the the fact it's not just some streamlined Freelancer/Starpoint Gemini etc. type sim. Still, like I said it's way, way more like Arma than fucking CoD so I'm a little annoyed today.

they are right

As much as every CoD game is similar and repetitive sometimes, many in the audience would buy this game if the name was Spacefighter or something like that

It look great. Now the big question is to know how much of this is scripted.
I hope the space fight phase wasn't a rail shooter.

>Star Citizen is a fucking space sim not a FPS.
It's both actually.

+1

the kids love memes more than rooty tooty point n shootys nowadays. the "cod is bad" meme is more appealing than cod itself.

>People did say it,
No one said that, you pulled it out if your fucking ass because you are a fucking retard.

The games are not even comparable, stop trying to fit in but most importantly stop talking shit.

Looks kinda cool
Might give it a shot

99% of people buy Call of Duty for online play

So don't expect any non-scripted section

I generally only play FPS titles. I've played through all of the CoD campaigns at some point, just for something mindless to do.

It looks like shit. I mean it looks like something vaguely okay before the shooting starts, it seems more like Battlefield's campaigns up until then. But then it turns into casual bullshit.

People can call things bad without trying to "fit in" for doing so. Just like people can call things good without trying to seem cool and openminded for doing so.

>every CoD game is similar and repetitive sometimes

Everyone would know this was CoD even if it didn't have CoD on the title. Stop shilling, CoD no longer has a grapple on the FPS market.

Gimmick space fighting and future setting isn't going to change the CoD formula that is turned out every single year.

God, do we really have to go through this every year?
The Sup Forums contrarians that are upset that people don't like CoD anymore try to act like the game will be good, the game comes out, it's mediocre/shit, the same contrarians pretend that they never said it would be good, rinse/repeat every fucking year.
CoD is mediocre, get over it, people are tired of the same whack-a-mole FPS that's trying to (poorly) copy Halo nowadays.

>No one said that

eh

Sup Forums isn't the entire fucking Internet mate

Fuck off Idi Amin you're dead

I played Advanced not long ago and i didn't know it was CoD until the gunfight after the spaceship shooting

CoD is repetitive but people like it because the multiplayer

They should have just released the game under a new name. But then it won't have a benefit of a billion dollar franchise attached to it

I know it's COD when the prompts in the door showed up. Don't know why.

Honestly I think it looks fine. If most levels have verticality option like that space sequence, great

>No one said that

Not him, but do you even look at things like comments? They're seriously trying to blame Star Citizen for the video having more dislikes than likes this time because it's close to >50% spaceship time.

Because they've been gipped before by the cool COD trailers. They know they got their hopes up for something new and exciting, but instead its going to be COD bullshit.

This looked really good. It's not a rehash like most CoD games. I might buy this.

Don't worry Anno the Dev's have "confirmed" the space sequences won't be on rails. Well at least thats what i heard on an early thread.

>CoD is repetitive but people like it because the multiplayer
Which has been the same formula repeated since 2007. Cool set pieces that are always shown at E3 are not what the the game is going to be.

There is not going to be zero gravity space fighting in the MP. It's going to be the same "equip AR style weapon, throw red dot/grip/skin on it" The same AR that has had the same recoil pattern since CoD4.

There are better options for online
but this series sells millions of copies

It won't change anytime soon. At least there is Overwatch and Battleborn

If it's all scripted then it's totally meaningless.

I don't know how people get wowed by this shit.

>People can call things bad without trying to "fit in"
Yeah, I bet those 2,000,000 people who disliked the Infinite Warfare trailer just decided of their own accord that they also hated it enough to make it become the 3rd most hated youtube video ever.
I'm not saying you can't hate it because you thought it looked bad, but understand that you're in the minority when it comes to reasons for hating this title.

Where? I don't see any of that. All i see is the cheap imitation of that. Even in Dead Space 1 Zero G felt more real than this. And fucking pilot of the space fighter just jumps out of his vehicle and rushes to action on foot? Garbage

Also artificial gravity and vortex grenades. How the fuck do you fit that in the world?

Why people buy it?

I think most people buy because there are almost no good multiplayer games on the market

>calling others contrarian while being contrarian
we need to go deeper

most people are not like us
they don't care if the grenade blows up in space or if you press X to kill everyone

They don't even think about it. They are just monkeys repeating stuff.

That's sad but it's true.

Do you honestly really believe something as low energy and effort like CoD was really going to last forever before people got bored of it?

It's no longer contrarian to dislike CoD user, get with the times.

it's really possible that people don't like CoD's newest all-flash-no-substance campaign

it sounds crazy, but really. it's possible. I promise.

also CoD game sales have been declining with each new title. seems more and more people are getting tired of playing the same game.

Popular rhetoric is fucking this series into the ground. In my opinion the last few CoD games have been totally different from the original series. Advanced warfare probably being one of the most enjoyable entries in the series. You could say it's a "meme" to hate CoD. People only hate on it because everyone else did just look at the like to dislike ratio in the YouTube video. It didn't even get that many dislikes until people starting making videos on the negativity it received. If you look back on the series CoD has always had good polish, 60 fps, and not a single poor launch with server problems like dice had with battlefield twice. Even though BF1 is hailed as a CoD killer.
I'm not a fanboy and I havnt bot a CoD game since mw3 but anyone can see the bullshit this series has gone through.

> Legit think the game looks cool and happy IW is trying something new.
> Normies hate it regardless.

Wait isn't this good? Doesn't this mean the fucking cancer that normies are will move on to shit on something else?

Think about it, at one point it's going to be cool to hate on other big name titles.

Man I love video games. Everyone in this community is just a little bitch.

Why do people buy McDonalds?

It's familiar, its highly visible, and easy.

>trailer starts off
>looks pretty decent
>space dogfight
>looks pretty alright
>thinking this is some awesome singleplayer Ace Combat space game
>starting to get hyped
>they go to board the enemy ship
>they are just floating in zero G next to a ship the size of a city, thinking they alone can take it down
>just floating still next to turrets and enemys
>gun looks like a pea shooter
>what the fuck is this
>instantly lose my hype
>follows them for their entire raid inside
>looks pretty fucking dumb
>the gunplay seems like shit
>please take me back to the ships lets do some dogfights
>CoD pops up
>instantly makes sense

People are worried, and reasonably so, that it's another example of Call of Duty producing something that looks amazing but only allows you to follow a set path while occasionally ducking behind cover and firing one of 500 identical assault rifles. If it comes out and actually delivers what it's offering, maybe word of mouth will turn its reputation around- but we've been taught for years that expecting substance behind CoD's spectacle is a mistake. It'll take more than a trailer, even a very good one, to break that trend.

we went full circle already like 2 years ago. you get with the times.

I prefer cod infinity war over BF1. The space combat looks entertaining, I probably will eventurly pick this one up. Compare that to BF1 which is just bf4 with smg's and ww1 planes

>also CoD game sales have been declining with each new title. seems more and more people are getting tired of playing the same game.

You are underestimating how casual and tasteless people are

you keep saying over and over that this game looks new and only normies dislike it, but you aren't actually replying to anyone

is this a real marketer?

There's no need to be upset. Trailer is objectively good and does have Zero G combat and spaceships.

>In my opinion the last few CoD games have been totally different from the original series.

They added double jump and wall running.

Titanfall made it popular. Sorry you enjoy something made with zero passion and effort. There are much better FPS games to spend your money on now.

We need more military sci-fi games.

oh my, the first time someone has decided to throw the "SHILLLL" excuse at me.

did you even read my post or are you just here to stir shit up? If so have a (you) and keep on shitposting buddy.

>it's a bitch about CoD thread
oh, is it that time of the year already? didn't get tired of these 6 years ago?

yeah I'm a long time follower of star citizen and I was pretty impressed with the cod trailer going back to the first one. Pretty funny that call of duty will do it first though.

Honestly, what the fuck was CoD even about?
Like, seriously think about it. What was the fucking identity and heritage of CoD?
There's a point you'd think you just make a new game when you want to take an extreme deviation from it like that.

We went from World War storytelling, to modern war storytelling in the middle east, to balls to the wall retardation with unexplained Super Science threatening the world but it's okay, scripted cutscenes and plastic toy guns will defeat the impossible odds.

CoD didn't even have fucking multiplayer back at the start iirc.

fair enough although I think there are better options for online gaming but anyway

As much as we hate or like CoD it won't sell more or less because of Sup Forums

>We need more military sci-fi games.
YES

I would think that replying exactly to what you said in your post would go to say I had read your post

They buy it because it's popular and they want to play with a lot of people. Same reason anyone does anything because it's popular, same reason people even mistakenly site sales or player count as a positive for a game at all ever.

>COD didn't have multiplayer

what

>CoD didn't even have fucking multiplayer back at the start iirc.

>Underage spotted

you just a shill without arguments on your side.
just like those gentlemen
complete shills who were payed to make short dumb posts of intrest to create an impression that someone cares. But again - no arguments why this shit is not shit.

CoD was still good 6 years ago

>>We went from World War storytelling, to modern war storytelling in the middle east, to balls to the wall retardation with unexplained Super Science threatening the world but it's okay, scripted cutscenes and plastic toy guns will defeat the impossible odds.

I've been slogging through the Black Ops 3 campaign. It is so fucking cliched and garbage.