NEW OBSIDIAN GAME

WHY IS NOBODY FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS

I thought it said tranny lol

>TRANNY
When will this tranny meme fucking end? Jesus christ

it looked bad senpai, forget about Obisidan, all the good guys went

that said Chris Avellone is working on Prey sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm excited for it. It seems to be flying way under the radar though

>no Avellone
>Sawyer balancing will make the game a snorefest and make my initial build useless
>the only interesting things will be in the expansions

No thanks

Enjoyed PoE, very likely that I'll also enjoy this.

>no Avellone
so it's just going to be an extremely buggy game

Because obsidian is shit now
The should've just died gracefully like troika

I'm so fucking tired of isometric medival fantasy games.
Fuck Underrail was such a breath of fresh air.

They could have made a 3D VtM RPG like Bloodlines but nope, back the the overdone shit.

>under the radar
Will it allow me to bitch about my sophisticated taste in videogames on Sup Forums?

Because it looks generic as fuck

>Underrail
It's really good, isn't it? Sitting in my backlog for a while.

>overdone shit
how many baldurs gate style games have come out in the last 10 years exactly?

>TRANNY

hehe

We didn't learn much about it yet. I'm guaranteed to check it out either way.

I just want a new Arcanum game desu

For one the gameplay and graphics look straight out of PoE i.e. shit.

The premise is also meh. Might be good, might be the same old three choices with a little extra edge. To me Obsidian is just not that amazing anymore. They haven't made a good game since NV.

Can't wait. POE was awesome.

I realised that the only thing that made me like Obsidian games so much was Chris Avellone. Now with him gone there's nothing much to care there.

Any Oblivion game without Sawyer lead so far has been mediocre or trash, I don't expect this to be an exception even if the perspective is good

because obsidian hasn't made a good game in ten years

and neither has chris "kickstarter" avellone

>Avellone is the only writer at Obsidian and he can do no wrong
I love that man but he has his share of fuck ups. And he barely had any involvement with Pillars and it was a good game.

Also Sawyer isn't involved with it.
This is a small project they are making for Paradox. Hence why they are basically reusing Pillars for it.
The world looks cool as shit and apparently choices mater a lot, as the world changes based on what you chose at character creation (village with a few quests is either present and fucked or a huge crater).

It might be cool, but not that hyped for it.

Because I don't freak out over video games, I get mildly excited.

Don't forget the massive amount of cut content, game breaking bugs and obligatory wall of fanboys who will try to crucify you if you attempt to criticize it.

What makes you freak out?

Nothing

I'm too lazy to list them all, but too many compared to other settings.

Because it's a new game, by new obsidian.
Modern Obsidian are trash.

The game was announced quite a long time ago, we just got a new trailer.
It looks good, Pillars artstyle with better animations. Cool concept for a game.
A shame they haven't had the release date set in stone yet, I feel like this is about to be quietly delayed to 2017

Because that is a generally a stupid reaction to anything.

And donĀ“t forget all the haters who with little to no actual arguments but loads of hyperbole.

Sawyer is a faggot, NV would be nothing without MCA

>Underrail
Fuck off furfag

>haters
>no actual arguments
>hyperbole
None of it was hyperbole and you've outed yourself as a fanboy. It's a fact that Obsidian games are buggy and have a lot of cut content.

I really recommend playing it. It falls apart a little towards the end but it's still superb game.
0/10

>all the good guys went
>Tim Cain
>Leonard Boyarsky

Sawyer isn't involved with it, he's to busy with Pilllars 2.

PoE graphics are like one thing that is objectively great about it.

Yeah, without those 2-3 characters he wrote NV would be nothing... oh wait.

Nobody is freaking out because most of their games have been mediocre?

Sawyer was actually way more involved in writing NV than Avellone, my man.

>obligatory wall of fanboys who will try to crucify you if you attempt to criticize it
Whoa. Calm down there with those warm opinions, friend. I enjoyed PoE as a vidya and when I heard about the extra cut companions that Avellone wrote I don't know what other cut content there is/was besides the not-very-fleshed-out Stronghold I was not a supporter of that decision. Many other people in threads seem to share the same opinion.

he's right though v seems to shit on anyone who doesnt love obsidian games

POE was mediocre

I see a large amount of people who shit on anyone who likes the company too. It goes both ways there.

because pillars was dogshit

He barely wrote anything for it though

2 people in the thread?

PoE wasn't that great, Chris Avellone is gone, the premise of this new game is gimmicky (maybe its just being marketed this way to attract investors, dunno)

In general, as that user was implying. Overall.

>Tranny

I like that you don't deny the first two facts at least unlike the other one.

Well I directly referenced one but I don't know what game-breaking bugs he/you was/are talking about.

Not just talking about the one game.

Obsidian sucks
Thats why

Oh.

I honestly don't follow the company so it would be silly for me to mention anything about something I know little about. Shocking concept on Sup Forums nowadays, I know.

>evil won

Hasn't Obsidian traditionally been very against the good/evil split? What changed?

Looks great, an original and fresh way tackle the RPG setting.

Honestly the idea of being a political figure who has to sort shit out for an evil tyrant is defiantly refreshing compared to >HERO AND FRI-ENDS BEAT THE VILLIAN VIDYA GAEM 1224555.55

I want to see how they handle that in game though. Is it new vegas, or witcher like etc.

I think they're just trying to set the tone of the setting.

Well, I don't know much about that, but the game has a fresh setting.

Big bad/Tyrant has won. You are part of his regime and have to deal with the fallout and consequences of a conquest. You have to sort out and deal with all the ramifications and juggling.

You have to go out to towns and negotiate with them, or suppress dissent.

Like, how does one maintain a tyranny at the level of a minor offical . I think that's what this game is getting at.

It's a fresh way of doing an rpg.

Boring pretentious isometric "RPG" number 2896, exhilarating. I had hoped they would've stopped making these after 2000

Because Pillars was pretty boring. It also felt unfinished, like every goddamn Obsidian game.

What's your favorite game?

Sir, your (you)'s have arrived.

it's not new? they announced it at the obsidian and paradox presentation months ago? trailers and all.

>WHY IS NOBODY FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS
Because this game was announced some time ago. But Sup Forums wouldn't know because they are stupid

Hey (You), bugger off.

user, I loved New Vegas and Bloodlines, but you can't deny that they don't feel complete.

>no Sawyer
Good.

Wonder if they will give me ability to purge the rebel scum and protect the Empire.