Ex Machina: the game (Detroit)

Anyone else hyped for this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=QD1pbWCJcKQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I58jmN8WmNI
youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The MC reminds me of Agent Cooper, so yes.

$0.01 has been deposited into your account.

>it's all about cinematics, who gives a shit about gameplay

then what's the point of playing video games

>getting hyped for talking simulators

I never played any of these Quantic whatever it's called games and people say David Cages writing is shit so I'm not really hyped.

Looks kind of cool, I would probably play it if it came out for the PC. But it's a David Cage game, so that's unlikely.

While it does look like it'll be a fun game, just remember that David Cage wrote and directed it.
So I have my doubts on if this story game will actually have a good story.

>LA Noire with Androids

I mean the hope he won't fuck up or some other people will slap some sense into his goddamn mind exists, despite being really fucking faint. But yeah, you'd be a dumbass to buy this at launch, wait and see is the right approach.

Oh no I make the bad game

>David Cage
Into the trash it goes

>all those choices
>detail to making andoids talk, look, and behave uncanny valley
>power of ps4 even makes the uncanny valley look not so
I cant let David Cage fool me again so he can take advantage and make a naked shower scene of my naked body, i cant let him fool me, must wait after release

This is just those old newgrounds negotiator games in HD

Indigo Prophecy was fun though.

It's a really pretty visual novel, so no I can't say I'm on the edge of my seat. I'll watch the 4 hour playthrough of it on youtube though.

David Cage's games never disappoint with how amazing they are. They manage to be stupidly obvious and easy to predict, yet packed full of nonsense.

I fully welcome any game by the retarded french Kojima

?

Cage games would be much, much, much better if someone else wrote them.

He actually does a decent job at directing certain scenes. The god damn opening to indigo prophecy is still fucking awesome.

I'm hyped for two best friends to lp it

>I'm gonna give my toaster conscience and human emotions

These android stories are always fucking retarded

The whole trailer was bullshit. It went on and on about CHOICES, but every choice other than one the correct ones ended in failure. Its just brute forcing conversations.

>not even trying to pretend that this won't be uploaded to youtube

>Detroit
I already see enough of that shithole with my job, why would I want to play a game about it?

It will just be Pat overanalysing shit (wow what a subtle nod to I,Robot hehe), Woolie being retarded and Matt saying baby words and still pushing Lucky Ted for 2018 superslam

>but every choice other than one the correct ones ended in failure
user, did you play Heavy Rain?
There are no failures.

The story goes on whether you like it or not.
You could even get yourself killed and the game still moves.

Jesus christ that soundtrack is annoying.

dadadadadad BRMMMMM dadadadadaddada BRRRMMMM BRAAAAAM dasdadadadaad

Who will woolie kill because he doesn't know his left from his right

That's the thing, he's not the sole writer this time.

Pretty hyped, but I don't trust Quantic Dream at all

The bait and switch quality freefall between the Indigo Prophecy demo and the actual game was the hardest I've ever been fucked with a vidya purchase

>Ex Machina
Please america stop using Latin.

The little girl for having long hair

>Acting like a smartass when he doesn't even know of a popular movie from last year

>Its just brute forcing conversations.
brute force is pretty much a staple of adventure games in general.

Detroit is never ever going to become human

Interesting premise but the gameplay is probably going to suck.

They didn't showcase anything but the one scenario, but if there are a ton of different missions, it could be playable.

That's a meme started by the lucasarts games where they throw logic out of the fucking window regarding puzzles just to be random.

I know the movie, that's why. Those words are totally random.
Anyway, just discovered is a brit movie, not american. So, I'd fix myself: please uk stop using Latin.

>Those PS2 graphics

>getting buttmad over a dead language
Vent your autism somewhere else

What Cage is french?
Fuck

dude that movie was crazy yo

>dead language
>still used in mainstream communication in third millenium
kek hebes deletum

My cynical expectation for that game is that's it, that's the whole game right there. Investigate the room, negotiate with the guy, game ends.

My gut says we'll get like 3 scenes like that and they just showed us 1/3rd of the game.

My wish is what was shown was only like 1% and the game has enough content to at least last you 2 or 3 hours when played correctly and at least a dozen when you're just playing through all the variables.

I mean I've played VNs which have had dozens and dozens of branches and it would be cool if it were possible to build a game with that kind of length and that level of story branches in a fully voiced, AAA looking game.

>Ex Machina the game
youtube.com/watch?v=I58jmN8WmNI

no that was one of the worst trailers of e3

looks pretty neat but david cage hasnt been involved in a good game since farenheit
bigger hack than kojima

>david cage

I don't understand how anyone who played Fahrenheit could ever be hyped for anything else """"directed"""" by him.

At least this time around it won't be uncanny valley as FUCK. I'm sure they'll make it look weird later on

Could be fun to watch on stream or something

It's not random, user. Did you actually see the movie?

Is this the greatest David Cage moment?

youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Do you actually know what Machina means? And Ex? And the mix of those words?

It sure as shit looks more bearable than anything else David Cage ever did.
Indigo Prophecy was SHIT, and dont get me started on his PS3 nonsense.
I may actually spend more than rental money on this.

From The Machine, you fucking idiot. The movie deals with the origination of intelligence and where it's sourced.

It also sounds cool.

Do you get your knickers in a bunch about Deus Ex as well? It's the very same naming convention.

This. His games are fucking stupid. This will be yet another 'robots have feelings too' shitfest but in Cage's melodramatic, deus ex machina, plothole overload fashion.

It's like a futuristic Sherlock, for the ps4.

I'd be hyped except for the garbage dialogue.

>you were designed to serve humans, not kill them!

Cara is bae, but I"m hyped despite the game not actually featuring her.

>human
>detroit

Top kek.

It is a game about androids who want to be human, so what's your point?

i dont understand how you could look at the batshit trainwreck that is indigo prophecy and not want more

Its literally that shitty rockstar detective game with a cyberpunk aesthetic

Heavy Rain was fun
BTS was fun

Obviously they're cinematic games, but they're trying to do something interesting with the format. The games are easy but still very interesting. I'm glad they're around, is anyone else?

>QTE: The Game.
Yeah, nah.

As far as QTE games go, I feel like these are the only passable ones

calling the twist right now: It'll be revealed that the protagonist is an android

No. They should not be allowed to use the term "game" any more than a screeching noise can define itself as a melody.

Nah. Not gonna fall for another movie game.
Who "uses the PS4 as an expensive Bluray Drive" guy here?

Sounds perfect.

Nothing wrong with Western style visual novels

I thought we already know that? Unless it was so obvious I just assumed

>mfw I grew up in the same shitty town as him

The only good thing to come out of that shit hole was him.

>despite the game not actually featuring her.
no buy then

His real name is David De Grutola (he hates it though)

At first I had no interest
Then I watched this trailer and it actually fucking piqued my interest.
Bravo - you French fuck

Sorry you had to google translate it.
Machina si a mekhanè, a crane; complementum E/Ex is a movement from a place (closed place).

Deus Ex Machina is a God coming from a place (backstage) to the scene (the stage) with a crane.

> Deus Ex
Wrong as well.
At least the game was so fucking good.

kekekekek

I would like to play this I don't think I can handle the 24fps and controls of a console my ps4 is gathering dust atm.

>Two choices the game

What happened to the robo-girl from the first trailer?

I am.

She was bought and is now used as a gangbang sex-bot

I was expecting garbage, but this might be interesting.
Hope it doesn't end up like heavy rain with cuts to the narrative before release

And then you also have to remember Deus Ex HR had more in depth "negotiation scenes"

You had 4 branching choice and an element of luck regarding the inital reaction the person would have

Here it's gonna be two choice the game, hell , during the demo they showed that there wasn't a single situation where the kidnaper android lives, meaning the repercutions of your choice will probably not always , if ever, affect the rest of the game

>being this mad

>Quantic Dream

Not even a little bit.
I cannot even fathom how anybody possibly could be so I'm just going to call you a shill and exit the thread.

faggot

>not enough kill streaks and boom boom for my shallow brain XDD

>My name is Connor. this is our story

who was he talking to?

After the horrendous 'Beyond 2 souls' I wanted to stay clear of any QD games, and the first trailer for this game seemed like another Beyond blunder waiting to happen, but the newest trailer actually looks like they went back to the Heavy Rain style, with multiple MCs and a gameplay mechanic that isn't just 'aim at the fucking dot', so we'll see how it goes
I don't even have a ps4 anyway...

I'm super hype for it. It was a really well done trailer.

I will never understand faggots like you. These types of games aren't about 'winning', they're about exploring different outcomes. I guess you're the type of ingrate who cries on Sup Forums when a character dies in his favourite TV show.

Only the first half.
The rest was complete crap.

>calling the twist right now: It'll be revealed that the protagonist is an android
nah
the twist is that you play multiple scenarios with multiple protagonists

at the end all you did, all that survived will impact the future of all androids

at lest if they do this way they willa void the problem of exponential possibilities and allow your protagonist to actually die and his death have an impact

Part 4 of the Sadness Saga.

I'm excited to see what a train wreck it is, yeah. David Cage is a hack.

End yourself for implying Cage games are mature and deep.