When will Sup Forums understand that the new God Of War will have nothing at all to do with the new one...

When will Sup Forums understand that the new God Of War will have nothing at all to do with the new one? It's time you think of this series like the Zelda series user. You don't play Wind Waker and then Twilight Princess and be like "where is the King of the Red Lions?" This is a new Kratos, new story, and overall new mythology.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/first-look-santa-monica-studios-new-god-of-war-on-ps4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honestly I don't give a fucking shit about the setting or whatever. I absolutely hated the first fucking game and yet, that one still seemed way more than a fucking game than the new one. Seriously, what the fuck even happened? It looks like an entirely different genre.

check this 8 you fat fiucking niggers lmao.

>New Kratos
Nope, they said in the Dewrito Pope's show that it's the same Kratos and the story is set few years after GoW3, but it's treated as a soft reboot due to change of mythology and gameplay mechanics.
They're going for slower, 3rd person over the shoulder camera combat, rather than fixed angles faster combat of the Greek mythos GoW.

It's still the same Kratos though.

Checked

>Reboot with the same fucking title as the original game
Stop doing this.

Its a complete reboot. Different dimension even. There won't be any roman gods.

More fantasy like. Its pretty obvious from the trailer.

Source.

How exactly? It was showing off the engine and the setting not the gameplay which was obviously very static and scripted.
Its already been confirmed by the creators that it is for the hundredth fucking time.

Literally "my wife's son" the game

>has the scar from when Zeus stabbed him
>has "Spartan Rage" in a Norse setting

kys faggot you're wrong.

Yet the meme children of Sup Forums don't think this.

W(upside down V)R

What did they mean by this?

I believe they call it Spartan Rage so that way the people who played the other GOW games know what the mechanic is.

I believe you're an idiot.

Pope Dewrito's Post Sony Conference E3 Show.

Just fucking open his show, scroll to Sony conference, then to when it ends and watch from there.

This game is fucking stupid and the series should've ended with 3. Scratch that, 1. The fact that they seemingly are pulling a not-Kratos with the same VA and making it a cinematic "All the FEEELS" game makes it even worse.

IT'S

THE

SAME

FUCKING

KRATOS

THEY

ALREADY

CONFIRMED

IT

JESUS

FUCK

SEE

Good response. It really added to our conversation.

>Not Kratos
It is Kratos.

Kratos is only there for the tutorial. He passes the baton to the kid who will become the new god of war to avenge Kratos being killed by Odin.

The character of Kratos has no motivation to fight the Norse gods. Zeus being his father and Ares manipulating him into killing his family was motivation. Even if norse gods kill the kid it's not realisticly enough motivation to make him go on a god killing spree.

This is a MGS2 situation.

>Fighting enemies looks like shitty melee combat from The Last of Us
>Rage of the Gods just activates a cutscene
How did they fuck up so bad

Then that's fucking stupid and the games already a 2/10 for the terrible setting.

>It is Kratos
Oh so it's even dumber than I thought?

Fantastic.

>When will Sup Forums understand that the new God Of War will have nothing at all to do with the new one?
What the fuck is?

They said it's Kratos the whole game

link pls

Nice.

The problem is not that they changed direction, but they fucking made it a cinematic garbage!
>over the shoulder camera for an action game
>auto melee, possibly qte as well
>walk and talk crap

Come the fuck on

I've got a question: Is Kratos really a necessary character for this game? Given this is a completely different mythology, why didn't they just start fresh with a Norse god instead?

pretty sure it is kratos. it even says "spartan rage" in the demo.
looks like kratos moved to germania after GOW3 settled down and had a family

might as well just make a new IP then.

Kratos has an interesting story, and I'm pretty excited to see a more character-driven game with him

>I've got a question: Is Kratos really a necessary character for this game? Given this is a completely different mythology, why didn't they just start fresh with a Norse god instead?

No, he's not necessary. And they are fucking retarded for bringing him back.

Reboot? Sure.
New mythology? Great.
Different style? Why not.
Bringing back the same fucking character from the old games? What the fuck are they thinking?

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/first-look-santa-monica-studios-new-god-of-war-on-ps4/

"Spartan Rage" is literally berserk mode to appeal to the norse fad.

i feel like the norse gods probably would have gotten wind of what he did to olympus and barred him from entering their realm but whatever.

>the new one will have nothing to do with the new one

sounds about right

See, that's my thoughts on the whole thing. Kratos accomplished everything he wanted to do. If I was to guess, I would say it's the devs thinking they can't sell a GoW game without him in it.

What the fuck? The setting is amazing.

They already said Kratos is there for entire game and you don't play as anyone else, so try again faggot

definitely the same Kratos. There's the scar on his stomach from when he stabbed himself, as well as when Zeus stabbed him. His forearms are covered by cloth, hiding the scars of where the chains used to be attached.

>QTEfest with shitty combat

>now a QTEfest with cutscenes

They actually made the series worse lmao

>Thief
>Doom
>God of War

STOP THIS IT'S FUCKING RETARDED

>'Spartan Rage' is now a cinematic move where you have no control.

so when does the kid die, probably because of him, to give him a new reason to slaughter everything?

The gameplay was scripted. Entirely scripted. You watched a movie.

This.

It should have been God of War: Valhalla or something. The MC could have been a human son of Vidar or Vali and take the story from there.

>Far-Right parties getting into power in europe
>Trump in America
>Nationalism and Paganism at all time highs
>More and More games with Norse Mythology in them
>Series like Vikings and Game of Thrones appealing to the 'old gods'

YES ! everything is going according to plan! The Old violent gods will come back!

>the devs thinking they can't sell a GoW game without him in it.
Likely the case. They easily could have just made a new IP.

Feels like 'The Order: Kratos Edition'

Killing moves in GoW is cinematic, more at 11

In other news, backstabs in DaS is also cinematic.

>This is a new Kratos
I don't want to see that edgemaster's shitskin persian rape baby faggot face ever again.
Kratos is repulsive and an annoying cunt. His design is shit, his looks remind me of an ISIS sharia law terrorist and he should have never been put into a nordic mythology setting with his goat fucker look.

>roman gods

the rage abilities were never cinematic. they were a timed power up

What about rage, then killing move? Cinematic moves are always specific to the monster because they're all have different shapes. This should be common sense. Except for generic cinematic backstab in DaS.

I dont see the problem. You already know what hes capable of. and its a new start for him. its like your unwilling to understand and have the mind of a 5yo.

dosent matter really. This looks good still. Im sure most people are ready to see how this goes.