For Honor looks pretty good. I was skeptical at first...

For Honor looks pretty good. I was skeptical at first, but then I saw pic related and it seems the combat is actually quite deep.

The graphics didnt look anything special either, so perhaps no downgrades this time. I wonder if Ubi is finally learning.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the combat is actually quite deep.
Fuck off shill. It's a watered down Mount and Blade Combat for consoles

Probabbly this 5 broo

can someone explain the combat system?
so there are 3 guard stances that only work to specific attacks? do you have attack stances? what if you just circle around the guard stick wildly?

I agree with this but did you see that fucking halfswording?

>guard direction
>guard break
>dodge
>heavy and light attacks

i won't be hyped
i will not fall for it

Mount and Blade looks like shit senpaitachi

>melee on the shoulder buttons
Dropped

mount and blade is the clunkiest shit ever

>Dedicated emote button

>"L1" and "O" does nothing
>emotes

>its ok when Dark souls does it

gtfo

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 on PS4 use the left touch pad, you'd have to go out of your way to press it. Having Triangle do emotes and have Circle and L1 do nothing is fucking stupid.

Unless emotes are an integral part of the gameplay experience. I doubt they are, but it's possible.

Pretty sure you emote to start a 1v1 duel.

...that's too rare for a dedicated button.

I meant like "taunting/emoting baits enemies to let their guard down and attack" or something.

Something where you'd be doing it often enough that it deserved to sit next to dodge and guard break.

that's how the most popular normie-tier """""action""""" series does it

>I wonder if Ubi is finally learning
you forgot to say suckas, shillpai

The single player gameplay seemed almost exactly like Viking:Battle for Asgard + 3 direction attacks.

>Rock Paper Scissor combat
>Trash mobs who don't even fight back and are 1 shot to make the player feel more powerful

It's typical garbage

>that's how the most popular normie-tier "action" series does it

Whenever I see it, it tells me two things
>This is a game designed by people who have a stronger connection with shooters than with games about melee combat
>This is a game where you will need to aim your sword strikes like a gun.

Though nowadays I guess it could also mean "We're just copying Dark Souls"

>praise Souls combat
>shit on more of the same
LOL

>Dark Souls combat
Did you even play Dark Souls?

Did you really reply to this guy ?

>samurai use shields

Why is L1 left unbound? It would make sense for there to be something useful there, like a "medium attack" option, or to do something special like switch from standard sword style to halfswording or mordschlag rather than the latter just being part of the normal combos.

Someone clearly never played Chivalry.
>FOR THE ORDER

Why would he play a shitty game user?

There are 3 directions you can attack and defend. You have a heavy attack (slow) light attack (fast) , throw, dodge, some other shit. There's a small window you can react to an attack and it takes a very small time to change where you're guarding but if you just circle your block you will get hit 90% of the time (I tried in the alpha) .

Watered down 4 directional combat with chambers and feints?
I can tell you it isn't easily comparable to mount and blade nor chivalry. It's more like a musou for creeps and then played combat can get very deep very quick depending on if your opponent is skilled or not.

>Was just about to post this
JUST

>02.14.2017
WHY!? The only original Ubisoft game I was looking forward to and they release it the same day as Persona.
Fuck.

Mash R2 and R1 to win. Wow.

I unironically liked the bearded guy with the cane, he was a really nice narrator despite his fedoraism.

But it does have better gameplay :^) unlike this AAA trash

1v1 dueling isn't exactly the norm nor is it rare. The outnumbered scenarios are weighted in favor of numbers but you're not dead outright.

So this game is unplayable with keyboard and mouse?

It's so cluncky, it makes it good and fun.

Just get Bannerlord fami. It looks more promising.

What are counters, parries, feats, etc.
I understand you don't want it to be fun.

For Honor looks real fucking fun. We'll see how it plays out. Hopefully no esports bullshit.

On the subject of M&B though, my last game ended because everyone in the tournament ran out of spears and the ones on the ground despawned making the whole thing unwinnable. QUALITY.

Right analog is key, basically you have three directions to attack and you're supposed to hit the part where the guard isn't up. The opponent has to react in time to point at the right direction to parry the enemy attacks.

This allows you to feint the enemy and trick them into attacking one open side when you can easily parry then and knock them down. People who played the game said if you're good enough you can take on two opponents at once and parry the shit out of them and win. If you're tactical you can stall time for your teammates to come help. The three factions are all different in ways where the Viking is power orientated and the Samurai is speed orientated.

>Not punching people
Are you a faggot?

It's not fun.

Don't get triggered over triggers.

>no l1 or circle
>feats
>emote on one of the face buttons
>only 2 attack variations
It's shit m8.

What isn't fun about it?

i thought it was dynasty warriors, viking style

that shit looked fucking TERRIBLE

The controls and combat

I punched for like a hour and didn't kill anyone

Poor L1 and O

Those are nothing like what they showed in the trailer, those look like giant ass pavises. Nips rarely if ever used one-handed shields, most of their warfare centered around horse archery

And can someone explain why vikings are in this game? They're literally glorified bandits that primarily fought monks and poorly defended villages

Odd, can you elaborate ?

Contrast to the other factions.
It's also a fantasy game, they're the chosen not the japanese.

>Why do cannon fodder ashigaru mobs have shields
Because it's either less work for the devs if they share animations with all the rest or because they are placeholders.

>And can someone explain why vikings are in this game?
For the same reasons that people like to put ninjas, pirates and zombies together on a ship.

The combat feels like bamham
Boring

I haven't played that. What should it feel like?

Just watch the video, mr shill :=)

That's not a factual statement

3/10 you managed to get replies

In a world where Chivalry, M&B and soon Mordhau and M&B2 exist, why would you want to play a shallow, braindead medieval combat game like For Honor?

The mordhau shill finally arrives.
How's that kickstarter?

The only deep thing about mount and blade's combat was the distance from your enemy and the speed at which your moving affects your damage or hitting an enemy for any significant amount of damage. Other than that, nothing deep about it that say, chivalry hasnt done similarly

I get motion sick playing chiv. Mordhau looks exactly like chiv. I tried multiplayer in m&b and I get 3 servers with 5 people on them with less than 150 ping but I'm looking forward to its single player.

This could be the last Ubisoft game I give a second look.

I think it has E sports written all over it, ohana.

The 2v1 thing can go many ways. When I played we would buddy up and have one engage and one be the "parrot".
If the first guy got his ass kicked the parrot would come tag in while the other retreated to a control zone to heal.
Your attacks can stagger your friendly units so in certain situations it's best to engage 1v1.

Wait, you CAN attack in different directions as well, right? Otherwise aren't the guard controls completely pointless?

Yeah man. There's directional attacks and blocks. There's also guard breaks, a push pull mechanic and throws.
I think all the flak this game is getting can be filed under "It uses directions like mount and blade but you don't use a mouse to control it" "it uses directions like chivalry but you don't guide your swings" "it's not realistic" "it's ubisoft"

Even if it's watered down, isn't it a good thing that more games are using this combat rather than the shitty on-screen button prompts that the Arkham games have caused?

>no dancing button
Dropped

Watered down version of what? I've never played arkham, super hero stuff kills my interest in anything for some reason.

Question though.
How much can you customize your unit?
Currently, as I have seen, there are three factions right?
Is the unit of each faction always use the fucking same weapon/equipment/skills?
It would get boring pretty fast honestly

Mount and Blade. The Arkham games have really shitty combat, you don't even move your character, you just press the button/key that appears on-screen and watch him do thing. Since it's so easy a monkey could manage it and it's 'cinematic', it's been finding its way into most recent action games. No something is going down the M&B route and people complain.

There are like classes, if that makes sense? Idk if they'll have a customizable loadout or not but in the alpha they did not. There will be more classes than the 2 the Alpha had, they played very different from each other. You also could not switch during the game so I can see people "maining" something if that stays the case.
You could unlock and change some aesthetics (helmet, pauldrons and shit)

It's more like a fighting game than mountain blade mechanics, there just happens to be a directional thing. But yeah I'm excited a new game is bringing something more interesting than that to the table.

Gonna get this. Was gonna get bannerlord but this game made m&b combat feel like retarded cousin.

I was interested until I saw it came out on Valentine's day. I already have to try and hide from the gf for Persona 5.

Cuck

@341257394
user, you won't get any (you)'s if youre in FAVOR of it, they think youre a shill, sucka.

Combat reminded me a LOT of Ryse: Son of Rome

Female knigths!

Fucking ubinigger pushing its agenda again.

I only saw one female knight.

How does anyone like chivalry?

R1R1R1R1R1R1R1R1R1R1R1

That's like running when you're on fire. I saw so many people go flurry when they got outnumbered and were instantly punished for wildly swinging.

They are having a giveaway for a ps4 and the game, you just have to watch videos and shit. Should I bother giving them more views?

is this game actually coming out soon, i remember when it was announced i ddn't hate ubisoft

>They're literally glorified bandits that primarily fought monks and poorly defended villages
>Being this unedicated
The created some of the best and fastes ships of their time to carry cargo and many men to foreign lands.
The vikings not only took on raids to most of the eastern world (most of arabia, asia, afrika and russia) but after they where done rading them they established trade routes to all of them.

They also regularly travled to England and fucked them in the ass.
Killed their king and fucked his wife and instaded a nores rule in England
Most of the british royalty is actually the descendants of Vikings

The only reason why the scotland is a thing is because england was so busy fending off Vikings 24/7 that nobody noticed that they made their own state.

Let's also not for get that Harald bluetooth made christianity a thing throughout most of western europe, because the bristish were practically part of their kingdom

mordhau looks better

Its fairly simple

You run around in circles until someone 1v1s you, then your mate runs up behind them and kills them because you cant fight two players at once.

You see, Ubisoft are so smart they designed a combat system where it is LITERALLY impossible to fight more than 1 foe at once, which would be fine for a game that was 1v1. But no, Ubisoft in their infinite wisdom made it 4v4, and then decided to throw in a bunch of AIs who can also stab you in the back.

This is really a fucking amazing achievement, because the non lock on combat for parrying system has existed for years now, and Ubisoft decided using a system that works wouldn't be good.

I thought this looked pretty shit honestly when they showed it off. Looked just like Ryse, maybe it's far more fun when you're actually playing, but as it is it just looked a bit clunky

They also created the best steel in human history before the industrial age

Quite the accomplishment, some guys did tests using their methods and found it was good enough steel to be used in modern day construction. Obviously not in amounts enough to actually build something, but still.

Early period samurai used shields retard

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

If anything it's the japs that deserve a good kicking.
They did literally nothing but war among themself until the 1800 hundreds when an Amarican came and told them to open their fucking boarders
And they did, because they where scared of all of the 4 (FOUR) ships he had with him

Mount and blade isn't even deep you fucking idiot.
>hur dur 4 directions wow it's so deep guys nothing could ever compare
Not to mention it doesn't translate well online at all and it becomes a busted laggy mess. Hopefully bannerlord will be better with that.

Why would I play a game which forces you to lock onto your target over a game which doesnt?

Where to start.
1.you can fight multiple people at once. You can freely switch targets, dodge an attack from one guy while smashing into another to roll over his back and stab his friend. If that's not to your liking please inform me of this good system that let's you hit 2 people at once with a weapon designed to hit one person at once.
2.dominion is 4v4, there are other game modes. Those minions are worth points which you need to break the other team. They're your down time consumer. You need to clear them to gain control of capture points to net your team points and a place to heal.