REnaissance thread

Who here is hyped for the fucking REnaissance of Resident Evil?

Even if you don't like the new direction, you can't deny the tears of salty Nu-RE fans are delicious.

I think we can safely split RE into 3 different eras now with this.

Classic RE is RE1-3, REmake, Outbreak etc.

Nu-RE is RE4-6 plus all the spin offs of that era like ORC and such.

And now the REnaissance. This is the new beginning of RE boys, we have REmake 2 on the way and that Outbreak HD port to satisfy the classic fans, and the next main numbered title is returning to it's horror roots. Is this the beginning of the second golden age of Resident Evil?

>NuRE fans left out in the cold as the REnaissance happens and Classic fans get 2 new games as well

Other urls found in this thread:

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/The_Family
youtube.com/watch?v=SjZUbCpIi_U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll definitely play RE7 when it's out, but I'm more looking forward to REmake 2.

Nu-RE can get fucked, but I'll be extremely disappointed to see Capcom fuck up REmake 2.

>Outbreak HD port
When did they announce that?

It's been rumoured for months now, I am really hoping to get a confirmation once the show floor opens up. It's not something they'd announce at a big show.

I want to buy it just to show Capcom people are sick of NuRE. I want REmake 2 more as well, and hopefully a REmake 3 as well.

I think if RE7 sells well, REmake 2 will definitely be more in like with the classics over NuRE garbage.

>Rumour
Fuck, well here is hoping they do it as it was a fucking awesome game and if done right Capcom could milk the fuck out of it with DLC which Capcom loves to do.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind that, if DLC is what it takes to bring Outbreak back, I'd be willing to let it slide.

Plus considering Outbreak was meant to be an episodic game with 4 chapters means it's pretty much perfect for the DLC platform anyways. Outbreak was ahead of it's time in so many ways.

>tears of salty Nu-RE fans are delicious

4 was great
5 was okay
6 was crap

I welcome a veering away from the action formula.

Yeah same I couldn't give a shit if Capcom milks it but I really want to play some Outbreak again since I live in fuck knuckle ville and never got to play online and later on had to use the emulator to even play online.

I'm interested. Possible Alex and Spencer connections, a new take on the entire series. I just hope it's not too much of a watered down walking simulator, make it challenging and scary. Make it tense.

People are saying the protag is Leon again?

>you can't deny the tears of salty Nu-RE fans are delicious.

It's the best thing that has come out of this E3. Though, I wouldn't exactly say that they've been "left out in the cold", considering there's a ton of TPS "kill every zombie that moves" games coming down the pipe.

I'm a classic RE autist, but I was quite surprised at 6's movement system, as well as nu-RE's mercs modes.

It'd be nice if they kept what they did for another new IP, or maybe a resurrection of Dino Crisis.

I'll wait until more footage

The last RE I played (6) was reallybad

4 was okay, 5 was shit, 6 was irredeemable.

>Spencer connections

I hope not. I looks like it's doing away with the old cast and focusing on all new people. Might even be a rebooted universe, or just nothing in common with the old storyline, which would be a breath of fresh air honestly. All the drawing out of the Umbrella knock offs in the NuRE games was cringeworthy and almost retroactively ruined the classics. Especially the characters.

I never got to play it online either. I remember trying to play it online but that was in the days you needed a Japanese PS2, I hear it' simpler now though.

>returning to it's roots
>it's nothing like the original RE games

Bravo Capcom.

So it's literally called Resident Evil Biohazard?
What's the japanese title?

You're a fucking retard if you think RE4 is any different from 2 or 3.
Both 2 and 3 are action games with almost no elements of ammo conservation.

RE4 is just an action game with a better camera perspective and better shooting.

Biohazard: Resident Evil

Well that's true but I was talking strictly RE.

It's focused on horror again, but a different kind in a different way. This is much better than what Nu-RE did.

Mfw this trolling

>B-but Muh NuRE

Kek, it's shit user.

Even if RE2 and 3 let up on the ammo count, they were still a slower paced more methodical game, which a larger emphasis on puzzles than anything NuRE ever attempted.

If you think ammo conservation was the only element of classic RE you are retarded. Even in RE1 and REmake you could easily have 20+ spare bullets by the end. Never been a major factor, just a part of the whole.

I admit that's my first thought seeing that figure as well. But all the press releases say this is supposed to be happening in "Modern Day". Spencer died, in-universe, in 2006 which right now is 10 years ago.

If he's really dead then it's a flashback, showing that he and Umbrella are somehow involved. If he's alive then he probably survived in much the way Wesker did with the Tyrant. With Alex surviving from Revelations, I don't think this game is going to cast away all of the former characters. People will probably make appearances.

>people think classic RE was an action game with puzzles and bad 3rd person camera
>its actually more like a point n click adventure game with action and direct control

>looks like it's doing away with the old cast and focusing on all new people
I will drop $800 into the first panhandler's lap I come across after the game launches if Capcom doesn't tease the inclusion of their face characters.

so its first person or third person?
wile the "gameplay" trailer showed first person, the cassette tape showed third person

are they trying to pull off kojima with misleading trailer?

>the cassette tape showed third person
The Tape showed you playing the show's camera man.

post your reaction when resident evil 7 was announced !

so?
im still confused
they say its vr game, so i would think its first person, but dunno

But revelations was slowly bringing RE back.

I see no indication at all it'll be third person.

The rumors about outbreak sound like bullshit. Hope its true.

I don't think the cassette tape part was gameplay though, more like a cutscene. And wasn't it a GoPro cam?

Pretty sure it's first person.

Well all we know so far is some guy called Andrei.

Since they seem to be wanting to do something new, I don't know how they are gonna tie all their old characters into a new plot and setting. Couldn't Chris just wallpunch his way out of the house, I doubt Leon would be threatened by that one figure either. Classic RE had either untrained rookies or people out of their limits in an unknown situation. NuRE fucked up by making you play hardened veterens. How is Chris or Leon possibly going to be scared at this point?

A new protagonist who is just a regular guy makes sense. I think at most maybe a cameo of the old characters but not much.

>Resident EVII - biohazard

>Bioha7ard - resident evil

nice

They are making a RE game for the Pewdiepie audience and that RE2 remake will be an RE4 mod at best.

What a bunch of faggots

Is there any way of avoiding being punched by zombie dad?

SPOOKY MANNEQUINS

HAHA I CANT WAIT FOR PEWDIEPIE TO DO A RRACTION VIDEO HAHA

RE3 and CV had nothing to do with horror though. Are they nu-RE too?

RE were my first Playstation games and I'm fucking dissapointed.
I expected RE2 with RE6 engine but more deadly and more puzzles.
It made sense.
First person exploration game is not RE, no matter how well the horror is done.
It's just not a fucking Resident Evil game. RE6 is a bad game but still more RE than this.
I'm mad

Nu-RE fan tears are so delicious. You guys are so unbelievably salty today.

>RE3
>nothing to do with horror

Hahhahahaa, fucken kek. Oh man it just feels so good to see you faggots thrown under the bus by Capcom, finally after all these years.

But Nemesis jumped at you and spooked.
Would work a bit better if i didn't have a bullet making machine and 10 gigatons of gunpowder

But REmake was my favourite game.
Regardless, here's your (You)

>I see no indication at all it'll be third person.
JUST

>Play CVX for the first time
>Realize that the knife can easily kill every zombie in the game
>You can even kill hunters with it

And that was when CV stopped being scary.

Well everything's up for grabs when Capcom decides to make a retcon. But Spencer was onscreen introduced being on oxygen in 1998 and if viruses reconstructed him after the beating Wesker gave; he probably wouldn't need a wheelchair. So I'd say that may be a flashback into the 1980s, which might give the chance to have Marcus too if they actually cared about developing a research facility connection to this place.

Still I wouldn't lean too hard making expectations for a Resident Evil game based on teasers and plot threads. If the last 10 years taught us anything about Capcom they really couldn't give a shit.

Apparently RE3 was originally supposed to be a side-game, which explains why there was a huge emphasis on action and gun crafting.

CV is the only bad Classic RE game though.

Claire's knife was folded a thousand times by oure nippon steel.

>and the next main numbered title is returning to it's horror roots

RE never had horror roots, it was never scary, it was about inventory management, that's why it's called survival horror.

>people actually think this shit is "returning to their horror roots"

You are all retarded

How is this shit youtuber bait, first person, jump scary game anything like returning to the roots?

that's a funny way to spell RE0

I am. I haven't felt any amount of hype or excitement for a RE game since 5, and that turned out to be a huge disappointment.

But I'm also worried this is a trick. Like this is just a video you can watch in the game, and next trailer will be Leon and Chris screaming out of a helicopter and Alice winking

TIP KEK

I sure hope it's not a spin off. I still want the old faces of RE.

>Haunted house walking simulator
>Returning to RE roots

Have we reached a point where the new generation seriously thinks an Outlast and Pewdiepie style game is survival horror?

I think I just lost all faith in the RE fanbase.

GO TELL AUNT RHODY

>RE never had horror roots, it was never scary, it was about inventory management
Managing all those shotgun shells is the hardest of work, especially with Chris, since everything in the mansion seems to crap them.

>bait people to think it's a PT/Silent Hill to capitulize it's succes
>stamp a Resident Evil name on it and make it spooky for the let's player

>But REmake was my favourite game.
like now?
i mean dont get me wrong, i loved the game
but replaying the recent upscales made me realized how dated and irrelevant those games are
no joke, i would rate the remake hd port as 3/10, just an awful experience in bad and incompetent game design that is bizarrely designed around ether knowing the game already or looking up walkthroughs
and ironically what i hate about those games the most is not the gamepaly itself, but those fucking door animations, in a fast run 1/3 of game time is staring at opening doors, and at moments wen running from room to room in the mansion 3/4 of your play will consist of it

but anyway, after the recent evil within blunder its hard to expect them try another re 4-6 type of game, so even those seem to have ran face first into a wall

So has anyone played it yet? What did you guys find in the demo?

I replayed it and immediately opened the fireplace passage upon starting, instead of a key, there was fuse which allowed me to activate the stairs. Up there was a phone with a cryptic message and a weird photo with a note about helicopters. Then the dad donkey punched me and it ended again.

I liked it, but considering that the actual game is in third-person, this seems like some weird sort of PT rip-off.

What's up with jap companies putting out """demos""" that are nothing like what the final game is like? Ground Zeros, PT, Platinum Demo, Beginning Hour. Why did this trend start?

they already made a game for you, it's called Watch Dogs 2.

Anyone play the demo? How do you get the axe?

Luluco is so fucking cute

I thought it was the hardest and most spooky at first because of the crimson heads.
Then i learned how to point blank shoot their heads off.

>designed around ether knowing the game already or looking up walkthroughs

Wow, NuRE faggots everyone.

Just fucking kill yourself casual.

Fear can come from different things.

Managing your inventory because you don't want your avatar to be bitten to the shoulder by some cannibal corpse or some rotten dobermann in a way adds tension.
>that is bizarrely designed around ether knowing the game already or looking up walkthroughs

Or maybe venturing into the dark and figuring out what to do without wasting ammo, breaking door knobs and saving up ammos all while making it back and forth through the mansion without getting eaten alive?

No wait, vee told me a child could play old RE games, so that's unpossible.

CV is better than 3, no question

Honestly I think an FPS Resident Evil could totally work. As long as they get shit like level design, item management and exploration right.

I'm more worried about the style really. They seem really dead set on making RE not cheesy. When cheese is like half the charm of RE.

I really hope they pull a fucking Metroid Prime with this shit and just blows everyone away. I really want them to.

>without wasting ammo, breaking door knobs and saving up time

>I sure hope it's not a spin off

Are you literally retarded? Can't you see the 7 in the name?

this is pretty sweet actually

RE3 is the best of the classics aside from REmake.

CV is clunky garbage with shit textures and zero atmosphere. It's responsible for killing classic RE with it's bad decision to focus on story which was a gay melodrama mixed with the fucking matrix.

Was I the only one who immediately thought of Condemned when I first saw the trailer?

Am I the only one who thinks that if RE7 is somehow better or at least as good as Condemned, it will be a pretty good game?

That looks like Leon

>Was I the only one who

>Am I the only one

>RE3
>Billion lbs of gunpowder and essentially unlimited ammo
>Not atmosphere or tension since there are enemies in every other screen
>Demonic kool-aid man

I will never understand how people can defend RE3.

I was thinking about something at the end of the demo

When the dude punches you, he says "Welcome to the family"

Do you think he was referring to residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/The_Family

>RE3 is the best of the classics aside from REmake

kek I'm not even going to bother explaining to you how you're wrong

Oh yeah, THE NUMBER says it all. Judging by the fucking trailer it looks like fucking silent hill and there are no recognizable faces. Put some vaseline on your gaping hole.

I don't mind them experimenting with the series and trying new things - from narrative to presentation - but it's still, you know, it's still got to be a game for me to have any interest in it.

Yeah that's right, PT sucked. So call me when there's gameplay.

That would make me happy. The cast is the only good thing about RE.

Yeah. The Family is going to be tied in, along with Umbrella and Alex. They'll probably have someone like Leon or Chris come in eventually, or at least be mentioned. They didn't discard the old cast and plot, even if you're playing someone new.

they showed us a portion of the game to show it's gone back to horror as opposed to pure action

that's not to say there will be no shooting, and also it being in 1st person was because it was announced in the playstation VR section, but they said that it wasn't JUST a VR game

odds are it'll play more like haunting ground, but you have the option to do the entire game in VR mode
just because they didn't show shooting, it doesn't mean it's not there

>Oh yeah, THE NUMBER says it all

It does... Dude do you even know what "spin off" means? If the title is numbered it means it's part of the mainline titles, even if it doesn't follow the original chronology it's not a spin off title in any way, shape or form.

>RE is soley about ammo management alone

How do people keep thinking this? It's like when gaming journalists try to seem hip and old school and talk about "muh loot, huh aren't I cool and olkskool guys".

Nemesis introduced a lot of tension to the game the first time around, regular zombies did become fodder but you were always stressed out about Nemesis in that first playthough.

Also kill yourself for not liking that god tier dead city atmosphere in RE3. Second only to REmake and still the best dead city I've seen in any game ever since.

>Or maybe venturing into the dark and figuring out what to do without wasting ammo, breaking door knobs and saving up ammos all while making it back and forth through the mansion without getting eaten alive?
fuck off
you can get stuck at countless points in the remake, running around and exploring will trigger zombies to spawn too early into the game, close off some paths and make it impossible for you to complete it, and picking up items in wrong order will fill up your inventory
exploring is exactly what you cant do in that game on anything other than lowest difficulty settings
remake was clearly designed for people who played re 1 before

unless you being ironic, since its hard to tell

In my opinion it was RE3, someone playing RE3 that one day stood up and told the other devs

>You know, this is literally why we have to move on to a full blown tps

RE3 was factually RE4 before RE4, kinda like making a modern game with limited technology from the past. I wouldn't be shocked if one day, when the series is dead and forgotten, a dev has the freedom to admit Nemesis was added later on to counterbalance what they later realized was a beyond broken mess.

youtube.com/watch?v=SjZUbCpIi_U

Can we all agree that this is the first time a chldren's song was used right in a trailer?

Not only the music, but also the lyrics fit perfectly.

Doesn't count when it's not children singing it.

>RE has gone back to it's roots
>by not having guns, zombies, cheesy story

They should make a Street Fighter that goes back to it's Sci-Fi RPG roots.

>judging a demo

>>RE is soley about ammo management alone
But I never said that.

>Nemesis introduced a lot of tension to the game the first time around,
He was tedious because he was around all the fucking time. He makes t-00 look like good game design.

>regular zombies did become fodder
Exactly. What tension or atmosphere is there when you mow down generic enemies by the hundreds by the end of the game?

>RE3 doing atmosphere better than RE and CV
Kill yourself.

Holy shit you are really bad at video games. I'm not even making fun of you, just genuinly surprised by how bad you are.

>close off some paths and make it impossible for you to complete it,

Literally never happens.

From what I have been hearing from people playing the demo, there is space for ammo.

I like it, the series was in desperate need of another reboot

The >muh guns, muh zombies fags need to chill and wait for TGS when we know more about the story and what'll be happening in the game.

Did you even watch the trailer? Tell me that it doesn't look like a fucking spin off. Just stop trying to be a smart ass.

I'm convinced Nemesis was the big precursor to all those bosses you fight in RE6. You know, the same ones with multiple phases that literally eat bullets like gigantic sponges and take forver to kill.

Because I felt the same way when fighting Nemesis as I did fighting that T-Rex boss in RE6.

I remember RE 3 getting a lot of shit for having a sidestep button.