Duncan jones gets interviewed about warcraft by an interviewer who wants to get a rise out of him

>duncan jones gets interviewed about warcraft by an interviewer who wants to get a rise out of him
>he doesn't get it
>interviewer walks out of his own interview

how can one man be so based?

vid.me/6R4V

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-0f9fpwGsyg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films
rottentomatoes.com/m/pirates_of_the_caribbean_on_stranger_tides/
rottentomatoes.com/m/john_carter/
rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_3/
rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's David Bowie's son, of course he's based

don't forget

>he deleted the video from youtube, then deleted his twitter

Duncan or the interviewer?

>Duncan Jones did Moon and Source Code

Holy fuck I love this guy already.

the interviewer

What a faggot. And he's supposed to be "professional".

>it's going to break the videogame movie curse
>it's going to be 90% on RT! dawn of vidyakino!
>f-fuck the c-critics, w-what do they know about m-movies, watch it and d-decide for yourself whether it's good or b-bad!
>what? of course I'm not watching the new ghostbusters movie, it looks like shit from the trailers!
>it's a solid fun comfy 4/10 fantasy flick just turn your brain off dude!

just another day in the life of a blizzdrone

why did the interviewer leave? wtf was that about?

>Attacking things that aren't there
Calm down dude.

>Movie based off Warcraft
>Not World of Warcraft

"The Orcs aren't the bad guys! That's NOT what Warcraft is about!"

What in the everliving fuck? Saying that literally after saying you've played the RTS games just blow my mind. The first two games make it very clear the Orcs are the bad guys...

It was just a stupid retcon in WC3 to change that.

dont want to watch it

give me the green text version

did you watch the rest of it? he was annoyed he couldn't get jones to get mad

Is there subtitles or a transcript? I can't really make out what the old man says with his accent.

Duncan calmly explains why he thinks the critics are wrong, and the interviewer get fanny flustered and leaves.

>did you do too much in the film and fuck up?
>I didn't understand where places were, but I have no background knowledge of these things that have nearly no importance: Did you fuck up?
>Look at all this fucking writing. You didn't mention all this shit. Did you not do enough in the film and fuck up?
>Do you think you should have written or directed this fuck up?
>The original script was better, you fucked it. Make the orcs bad guys and humans good guys.
>I'm out of 'ere alright chum? Fuck up!
>fuck he's not taking the bait
>fuck this I'm out

Holy shit i love duncan more and more every time i see him talk about his work

>interviewer asks questions about why the film failed
>man says it succeeded
>interviewer compares it to LotR and how the world has a sense of place and location, as a fan of the books and film adaptation
>man counters saying it's the same thing with Warcraft fans
>interviewer cobbles his notes together and tries to criticize the fitting of books worth of lore into a film
>man counters saying that the film is a thin slice of Warcraft history and intentionally so
>interviewer says ok and gets up and that they're done
>man says "Ooo...k" and shakes hand

It was pretty cringy on the interviewers' part. If anything this interview got me interested to see what all the hit/miss points are about.

The movie was pretty bad. I'd give it a 4/10

I havent played WC2 or 1 in ages, but werent both of the factions dicks?

>Duncan's confused face when the fucker gets up to leave
>this whole thing
I love It

He seemed pretty chill about the whole thing. Good way to compose yourself. Something to learn from, I guess.

Haha, what the fuck. This guy is pretty based.

>Only 'Not bad' Orcs are Frostwolves
>Gets massacred by other Orcs
>Gul'dan is one of the best villains in a long time because of how often he shows he doesn't give a fuck about people
>Blackhand is the best representation of Warchief because he's honorable AND brutal

Why do people keep saying it portrays Orcs as good guys? If anything, it paints them as sort'of honorable barbarians. Hell one of the first scenes is Gul'dan sucking out hundreds of souls from draenei prisoners to fuel the portal.

Pretty much, but saying the first horde aren't bad guys is simply wrong, they were (albeit corrupted) warmongering, bloodthirsty fucks. They didn't go through the portal to find a new place to live, there's plenty of space on Azeroth for everyone, they went to wipe out its inhabitants and take it for their own.

how hard did u hit ur keyboard while writing this madboy?

>this guy
I bet he had that innoncent, polite smile of a man who can't read the mood for shit

Fair enough. I mean, it would make for a boring game if you would just get trough the portal and become friends, and the rest of the game would just be setting up farms and houses for orcs.

>I didn't see the movie and did not play the games

nice one, user

What a fucking autist.

>gaming/movie "journalists"

He literally just kept going "Reee this bit was shit how do you defend it"?

Oh, he knows exactly what happened, he probably just wants to poke the fucker a bit more.

impressive how he kept his cool while the guy was trying desperately to undermine his work

To be fair, he had no good arguments while trying to undermine the movie. I heard better arguments from spastics on internet forums.

But hey, i can't judge the movie yet as I'm gonna see it next week. At least i know what warcraft is about.

this movie was utter shit. It's nice to see the director chill about it but the interviewer clearly walked away because you can't reason with a deluded idiot that thinks this movie went great

It fucking bombed. Nobody's saying you should not like it. You can like it, it's ok. But it was shit nontheless.

Stop being branwashed drones

t. adam rasser

youtube.com/watch?v=-0f9fpwGsyg

>he actually deleted his twitter

what the fuck?

he seemed to be reaching into the same "it's fantasy but it's not lord of the rings so it's p. garbage" argument that most critics have been barking

What's the interviewer's name?

>it bombed
>literally the best opening movie of all times in asia
>still big in the us

The only ones who don't like the warcraft movie are actually critics. Even the audience likes it.

Adam Rosser

>you can't reason with
Why the hell would an interviewer be reasoning with the interviewee? It's not some kind of debate, you're there to talk to the guy for the sake of information discovery and promotion.

>it bombed

american alert

>stop liking what i don't like

I honestly don't see what warranted a walk-out... Why was the interviewer so huffy?

> you can't reason with a deluded idiot that thinks this movie went great

like the fucking director? are you retarded? it's not the interviewer's job to take down the movie

>it fucking bombed
>$150mil budget
>$300m gross
>still rising
>bombed

>Even the Audience likes it

The "audience" likes everything. You would be hard pressed to find a mainstream big budget movie that scores less than 70% from the audience.

The movie was shit.

It had a massive drop already.
Only made 10 million on Saturday.
It's BvS all over again.

>unironically stating opinion as fact

Have you autism?

How embarrassing.

>the audience
You mean the 10 fat nerds and millions of chink farmers?

>Doesn't understand that stating your opinion doesn't mean you think it's fact

Why are you such a crybaby? I'm not going to soften my beliefs just because your mission is life is to be offended.

The Total Recall reboot? Not even the double dick diamonds power of Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel could save that mess.

No, he suffers from Anonymous syndrome.

For real though, just how hard are you hitting the keys when you type?

and yet it was still better than Warcraft

what is this thing and why do I want to fuck it?

Not really, there are plenty movies who get shit on by the audience.

Fuck even compare it to the batman movie everyone shits on who has 66% on RT. Meanwhile warcraft has 83%.

Inb4 >muh people voting.

I have no idea what people expect from a warcraft movie? A fucking worldview changing story, a heart shattering drama who will change your life? Its a fantasy movie, and you should watch it with that mindset.

How triggered are you?

>t. Man who hasn't seen Warcraft

>A movie that has been out longer has a lower rating

Wow, never would have guessed that one. Warcraft hasn't even been out for a week yet. It stands to reason that people who are hype for it and see it first are going to rate it higher.

Warcraft wasn't a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd watch it again before Total Recall any day of the week.

Because the neckbeards who were going to watch this grbage were going to like it anyway.
Pic related, imdb 2 weeks before the movie came out.

>what is this thing
Avatar of the admin/owner of Sup Forums.

Except you're stating that people who like it only like it because they are stupid. Trying to disregard their opinions.

Then you reinforced that you genuinly think your opinion is fact by saying "The movie IS shit"

Literal autist that can't accept opinions.

t. irrelevant blizzdrone

Oh I watched it. I wish I could get my time back. That ending where Travis "Head Nod" Fimmel CG slides through a fel infused Blackhand and one shots him. Vomit-inducing.

Meanwhile he has a stickied tweet on his account begging people to watch the movie.
Very glad it has had such a massive drop, shitty videogame flicks deserve exactly this.

>were going to like it anyway

Uh not really? The wow fanboys are the worst most critical bunch that would shit on any adaptation. And i heard the most bickering about little changes and discrepancies with lore from wow nerds.

But fair enough, i have no idea why voting on things before they are out is even a thing.

Going to see it on Wednesday. What can I expect?

>why did the interviewer leave?
The Sup Forumsedditor got rustled that parroting the what normie critics had said about the movie didn't upset duncan, so he stormed out.

>The "audience" likes everything.

The fact is that the Warcraft audience got exactly what they wanted. Warcaft story was cheesy fantasy B movie tier in the first place, comparing the original material of warcraft to fucking LotR is completely retarded. For what it was it was it was decent stuff.

You're the one who is getting triggered by opinions. You keep typing paragraphs like I give a fuck. The movie was bad, and anyone who likes it has shit taste.

Uhh no, Blizzdrones are the biggest cum-globers of the gaming community.
This failure of a movie was going to be praised by those virgins no matter what.

Something tells me the proper Blackhand Lothar fight was part of the 40 minutes or so cut for run time, which is weird. Maybe the fight they filmed was too long, but it was pretty dissapointing.

>WoWtards
>lore

An empty theatre, bad acting, 90's TV show production value, horrible CGI outside orc faces and a convoluted plot.

Basically a direct-to-DVD movie that it's somehow on theatres.

>The people who eat turds got what they wanted, so you're not allowed to dislike turds

if that were true then stuff like legacy of the void and warlords of draenor would be free of scrutiny

I'm a huge fan of Duncan Jones and loved both Moon and Source Code. I also used to be a huge Warcraft fan and played WoW for years and I didn't give a shit about this movie until I watched this interview.

This makes me want to support Duncan Jones cause he's just such a chill dude.

But YOU are the one getting mad at opinions.

I don't care you don't like the movie. But I'm just pointing out you literally think your opinion is fact. Which is a sign of autism or apergers.

>but it was pretty dissapointing

Almost everything about the movie was disappointing. The only good thing about the movie was the magic. Everything else, even the rest of the action, was godawful.

>Uh not really? The wow fanboys are the worst most critical bunch that would shit on any adaptation. And i heard the most bickering about little changes and discrepancies with lore from wow nerds.

WoW fans and Warcraft fans are different.

WoW fans love that its Warcraft
Warcraft fans are disappointed by how unfaithful the adaption is
Generally.
Normies like the interviewer get confused.

Is this subtle bait?

Pic related, average Blizzdrone.

They could have fucking done an Arthas story of WC3, not fucking WC2 that A-no one fucking remembers besides bunch of oldfags, B- has less fleshed out story so they will go wild on it and make it into an uncoordinated clusterfuck that makes no sense for normies and also pisses off fans.

I'm not angry at all though. You just can't handle strong opinions. I merely stated my opinion, then you called me autistic in a triggered fit of rage. I still have no idea why you even replied to me, and I'm about 70% sure you're a paid shill. If not, then you're most likely currently subscribed to WoW, which means you should kill yourself at your earliest convenience.

Go ahead, the desperate guy is begging for people to watch, it's sad but hilarious.

>you are triggered by opinions
>The movie was bad, and anyone who likes it has shit taste

>You would be hard pressed to find a mainstream big budget movie that scores less than 70% from the audience.

I used this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films

rottentomatoes.com/m/pirates_of_the_caribbean_on_stranger_tides/
54%

rottentomatoes.com/m/john_carter/
60%

rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_3/
51%

rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/
66%

Only checked the top 10. That's 4 out of 10. Sure is hard.

There is a thin line between those two, and at times the camps are also mixed. I'm a warcraft fan. Never been much into wow.

And i know that they wont be able to make a movie without at least fucking up lore a bit for both sides. All the shitty writing and the retcons, its probably impossible to be true to both wow and warcaft at this moment.

How is anything that person said in any way dronelike? You really need to go back to school man.

only insane people are a "fan" of the thin as fuck storyline of the first game

Check back in a month, you know when the movie has been out for longer than 4 days.

>I WANT THE MOVIE TO MAKE MONEY EVEN IF IT'S BAD
Pure droning, and the average western audience of this disgrace.

I mean

The movie looks shit. And he's not exactly being based here, it's pretty much the most standard, cordial "defense" (if you can call it that) of his project.

But holy shit is tgat interviewer a total cunt. Pressing questions are fair game and both sides handled them well but what was with that shitty dismissive goodbye. Even if his movie sucks you don't have to treat him like his time is worthless.

>begging

>Warcraft has already doubled its budget
>hasn't even been released on video where it will make even more
>merchandizing

Man you're an absolute retard if you think Duncan Jones gives two fucks whether or not people still see this. It's already guaranteed for two sequels purely based upon its initial financial success.

>the movie was bad but I want good movies of the later stories
>WOW WHAT A BLIZZDRONE AM I RIGHT