Dad of War

What the hell got Kratos to mellow out, stop killing everything he sees, and stay sane enough to start a family?

I'm happy for the guy, but he seemed like a uncurable ball of rage and death last time we saw him.

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/extra-punctuation/15173-AAA-Video-Game-Dadbods
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's called The Last of Us

He already killed everything and destroyed the world in 3. Then he sat there and watched as a new world evolve around him, chose a bitch and inseminated her.

Didn't the monster in the e3 demo say something about Vahalla? Kratos could be in the warrior afterlife.

Didn't he destroy the world already? Was Scandinavia unaffected?

Well, he at least killed the roman world.

Perhaps he kills a sets of gods, and then the world resets with new ones.

he only destroyed the greek world, seems in GOW universe there are many mythologies living at the same time

He killed everyone, all the gods, all his enemies, blew up the sun, released the ghosts of hell, flooded all the earth banged the goddess of love and beauty.
I think he blew off enough steam and worked out his anger. Anyone would mellow out after that.

so you're saying Kratos is a refugee?

>only exists to kill the gods of Olympus
>only reason to exist is now gone
>has fuck all to do now
>becomes a wayfarer with a few adventures here and there
>stays a lone wolf for years. prefers the solitary life
>grows into old Kratos
>out of nowhere, wife's son shows at his feet
>"now i gotta take care of this little shit"
>"lets go hunting. bring your mother's knife"

I'm guessing this is basically the gist of what makes Kratos after GoW3 mellow down. I'm guessing the mother plays a part of what drives the story forward, maybe take down Odin. I'm betting my life savings Kratos wields Mjolnir at one point.

Migrant.

basically, or he's trying to destroy all mythologies in this world. Greek, norse, egypt, etc

Game is gonna be 'The Order 1886' with gow skin on it.

Wouldn't the ghost of Athena be on his ass for fucking up the world and not giving the power of hope to her?

Actually I got a Witcher vibe from it.

Now I'm picturing Kratos as a Witcher with Geralt as his drinking buddy

How can you be sure the kid is not his?!

it's a meme

Am I seriously the only one who thinks that Kratos looks (minus the tattoos) and acts literally like Brad now?

Vagrant more like

i don't think it's a reboot, it's an origin story. I think the kid IS Kratos and the father is Kratos Sr. or whatever. They are hiding in nordic lands from a greek god and eventually will return to Sparta...unless...

Have you ever killed multiple greek gods, destroyed the world and then killed yourself?
I don't think you could settle down and be all chill about it

Only played GoW 1. Is Kratos depowered in this new game? He looked pretty weak.

escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/extra-punctuation/15173-AAA-Video-Game-Dadbods

Explain the stomach scar

He probably just killed the ghost to shut her up for good.

he has a scar in his belly

It's a reboot you nigger, it's just called God of War.
They went for the TLOU audience.

So in the GoW universe Gods just watch over different sections of Earth?

So multiple religions are right?

nice theory but it doesn't hold up. Kratos is white because of a curse (the ashes of his dead wife and daughrer are adhered to his skin). plus all the scars and shit, it's definitely Kratos.

Can't wait until Kratos meets the Abraham God

And Praise God, for all he is holy and righteous, erases him and his shitty series

>Only played GoW 1
he's depowered in every game. there's always some excuse.

Not going to lie, but he better not be killing all of the Norse Gods through making them all assholes like they did with Athena. Norse Gods are absolute bros and raping their lore to give Kratos something to get angry about would be incredibly shitty.

Kratos will start christianity
screencap this you heard it first on Sup Forums

Go to bed Jaffe

I don't think you guys realize the full thing
Kratos' "wife" is probably some goddess, in the game you will play as the kid, that will grow to be a man with godly and enraged genes that goes berserk when some gods manage to kill kratos
It might even be like Nero and Dante in dmc4

>reboot

T R A S H
R
A
S
H

It makes no sense for Kratos, who is growing up in Scandinavia to join the armies of Sparta.

That is papa Kratos. He did what he set out to do in GoW3 and had to leave Greece since he completely fucked it.

>roman
Greek.

He had a wife and kids once.

He's just falling back into his old habits.

>in the game you will play as the kid
Bully 2, not by R* confirmed

He grew up

>egypt
Yes please.

I don't think so. She will problably show up at the ending cutscene right after the kid is captured by the Odin and will throw a smirk at Kratos.

By what, nailing Jesus to the cross?

The world resetted with a new pantheon.

I'd have banged Pandora, desu.

I would open her Box, if you get what I'm saying.

impregnate maria

I feel like that should've happened instead of this. Doing it after doesn't make much sense.

I'm betting they'll play it safe since they want the TLOU audience and make Loki the main antagonist of the new series. He'll pull off some mind trickery making for an excuse for Odin to give Kratos god powers.

I also believe Loki will mindfuck Kratos and Kratos will kill his son

will there be big tittied valkyries though

this is important

Jesus probably looked at him funny so he went on another rampage

>Killed the greeks
>go back in time and kill the Egyptian gods
Nothing would make sense.
Ya lost me

WHAT'S THE MATTER KID? YOU DON'T LIKE CLOWNS?

The Norse Gods also killed each other for lulz and just came back to life to discuss about it. Kratos doesn't seem in killcrazy mode anymore and the Norse Gods would probably like some combat for fun.

>Norse mythology
a bit played out though isn't it m8

>Jesus Boss fight
>Jesus is like, ripped as fuck.
>Uses his powers to multiply the crosses and launch them at Kratos.
>At the end, Kratos nails Jesus to the cross and kills him by using a Spear who is later taken by a guy called Longinus.

>I'm betting my life savings Kratos wields Mjolnir at one point.

He seems like a Tyrfing kind of guy to me.

Pls no. I like the Norse Gods too much to have to hack through them through some overly contrived quest of vengeance. I can already imagine some overly complicated prophecy that names Kratos as the start of Ragnarok or some bullshit.

it writes itself right?

Norse Gods don't actually exist.

>Roman
Surely you're not this stupid, right?

It's like pottery.

He had a family before God of war 1

>The entire series revolves around kratos taking revenge for his family and then go back to being a normal guy again
>Finally he kills everyone who betrayed him and starts having a normal life

Gee I wonder why

>Kratos goes to China
>has to fight a planet sized turtle

I want this

>
Did he kill all of the Greek Gods that he's after Norse Gods now?

>Normal life
>Implying he's not going against Angels and Christianity in the Medieval world after this.

>inb4 That won't happen because America is a Christian country

A man can dream. China's Mythology is fine too I guess.

Yeah it does. In battle you attack some plant life which leaves a big pile of thorns on the ground. You then can grab attack Jesus triggering a qte to shove his head in the thorns leaving them embedded in his head like a crown.

It wouldn't be GoW without all the rage and vengeance. It's inevitable he's going to be killing all the Norse Gods as the prophesized Ragnarok.

We don't know yet if hes out to kill Gods this time. I get the feeling the Gods won't be the primary targets this time.

>mfw it's going to be a ruse on top of a ruse

Right now it seems like Kratos will be killed and you'll take over as his son if the experience shit is any evidence, however, what if this is a falsehood and winds up with his son dying, re-sparking the god of war's rage and setting him on a quest for Norse blood?
Kratos IS GoW. I can't see him being replaced.

>Do a bunch of hidden side stuff
>Opens a cave
>Secret boss fight
>Jesus is back
>And he is pissed

Almost got me there, user. What's next? You're going to tell me Mozart is still alive?

The game would probably be better if they keep the God of War name but do a fresh reboot with a new religion and all new characters

>Spartan rage meter increases while yelling at the kid

Was waiting for him to slap the kid at some point

>"Hello Kratos. I'm the usually the one that turns the other cheek... not this time."

>Right now it seems like Kratos will be killed and you'll take over as his son if the experience shit is any evidence
That would be the better twist. It's either that or his son dying.

I feel that Kratos might have been shoehorned in though, judging by the weapon. It was meant to be an original IP but then they changed it and combined it with GoW.

>his son gets killed
>gets thrown into nothingness/hell/whatever non warriors go
>he asks the norse god what the fuck this is, why can't a good kid go to heaven?
>well, for us, it's only for warriors, kid's not a warrior
>THAT BULLSHIT MAN
>well, we're the gods and we say so. What are you gonna do, baldfag? You can't fight the gods
>cue to Kratos raising an eyebrow

That would make the most sense, and since this is Norse mythology, you don't even need the needless backstory of rage and revenge. Just have him kill everything because that's what Norse gods do as a hobby.

>/ss/ confirmed
Shouldn't you be happy?

I can believe that, nothing about it feels like GoW. I'd go as far to say this is DmC all over again.

>having Kratos for a dad
>still be such a weak fag at such an age

>gets to Christianity
>just starts pounding a bunch of wussy Greeks and some hippie-looking jew into paste

>the son was Loki the whole time
>he gets "killed" on purpose to make Kratos kill all the gods

screencap this

he's probably kratos's wife's son

>In the third mural, it depicts "Three travelers heading to an unknown destiny". The mural shows three men walking towards a star in the sky, alluding the journey of the Three Wise Men towards the birth of Jesus Christ guided by the Star of Bethlehem. This also signifies that after the end of the Greek Gods, Christianity has surfaced alongside other religions of the world. Others believe Kratos might, in some way, be connected to Christ himself, being the son of a God who saved humanity by giving them hope. Another curious aspect is that in God of War II, a Griffin Rider wields a weapon called the Spear of Destiny, which shares its name with the spear used by a Roman soldier, Longinus, to impale Christ's side after his crucifixion.

zeus is his dad

ITS NOT FUCKIG KRATOS REEEEEE

Will there be a sex button mashing mini game

My theory is that the first half is teaching the kid how to fight, setting up the world, he ends killing a couple of trolls. Kid dies and second half is Kratos going berserk on the gods and going to Valhalla to get the kid back.

>I also believe Loki will mindfuck Kratos and Kratos will kill his son
The story will repeat itself, that could actually work.

I remember rumors from other years and it used to be
>new original norse mythology RPG IP
Next year that rumor became
>God of War Norse edition
And now we got
>God of War RPG norse mythology edition
The only thing about this that is GoW is the fact that we get to play as Kratos.

Oh shit I like this idea.

He got his pussy side from his mother. He wouldn't be a pussy if Kratos fucked that one Spartan soldier from 2 instead.

I don't think its his kid

He kinda mentions his mother and it sounds like his mother taught the kid to hunt. So Kratos is either finding out he fucked some bitch out of thousands and she had a kid, or some shit goes down and the mother dies to Norse gods which start the rampage

that would be offensive in this day and age.

Fuck it, I prefer this to my own theory.

yeah

You'll be Krato's wife with her ex with Kratos button mashing to look away

They didn't even get the same voice actor, its fucking disgusting.