GUILTY GEAR

Enough disappointment, let's have a Guilty Gear thread.
Get in here.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0XHAUY5AppITX2Yo
mega.nz/#!Vdl1WAgJ!SWEPYgXveombIvxvNo8z8Vd7jDbw8eUbLLSgwdFRMf8
mega.nz/#!FNM3ESDZ!B7BJTCo_E64xbKCDfGrguiSi8e0L18LvMB7cQnHy1es
youtube.com/watch?v=ajFNkQP4Uxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Great game. I haven't played it as much online as I should have. Only have about 60 matches played so far.

for anyone not in the discord yet:
discord.gg/0XHAUY5AppITX2Yo

>Enough disappointment
>let's have a Guilty Gear thread
you first op

I'm disappointed Dizzy isn't playable yet

Better late than never.

Here's the full stry mode
mega.nz/#!Vdl1WAgJ!SWEPYgXveombIvxvNo8z8Vd7jDbw8eUbLLSgwdFRMf8
and
mega.nz/#!FNM3ESDZ!B7BJTCo_E64xbKCDfGrguiSi8e0L18LvMB7cQnHy1es

I hope you enjoy the ride, because I sure as fuck did.

Sup Forums discord?

no clue about that one this is just for guilty gear
theres also character discords links in there

>El and Ram embrace and hold hands the entire time they're reunited.
>Dizzy shows up for one scene to fire a gamma ray, doesn't even speak.
>JACK-O vanishes so that Aria can be reborn in a world that hates the living shit out of her for what she did as Justice.
>Ariels is an Juggalo fan
>Bedman was stupid enough to believe as long as he remembered whoever he kills names and faces they can be brought back, dies for it.
>Ky being bro enough to die with his father in law if it came down to it.
>Axl giving up his one true chance to be reunited with his beloved Megumi to help out his Boss and the world.
>Ky chastising Sin for using foul language then using it himself

Still, one thing bugs me? Why would assassins care about redemption and operating in the light? They must of did some really gnarly shit during the crusades of Bedman level bad to want atone.

Thanks. I've already watched it but I have a friend who wanted to watch it as well.

Holy fuck, I picked this up thinking it'd be easy to get into. The timing is so specific on the combos.

git gud

Combos in Guilty Gear are pretty easy compared to those in many other fighting games. You'll get used to the combos eventually. Hitconfirming and executing them online is a lot more difficult though.

Practice your fundamentals and oki more than long combos. Most of the damage you dish out is from the setups you properly do and your opponent eats

Already watched the entirety on Youtube (some brave guy managed to upload it all before the Police took his vids down) but you are still a man of great virtue to have uploaded this.

>father in law

best part desu

Bedman is really pretty stupid. It's hard to believe this guy is "SO INTELLIGENT MY BRAIN MUST BE ASLEEP AN SHIEEET"

Robo-Ky was right to call him an idiot

>Combos in Guilty Gear are pretty easy compared to those in many other fighting games.

Why do people keep saying that. Its less so in GG but anime games combos always have long "steps" for their combos with varying degree of small pauses and extremely fast input between a juggle. I found dealing with the garbage of SF4 links and TTT2 extended combos way easier than doing some of Sol shit.

Also microdashes in combos are pure cancer and I wish they would go away then anime would probably not painful to get into.

Why don't you just make an IRC channel?
Less bandwidth and RAM usage.

Well, each to their own, but I can't for the life of my do proper links in SF. I have a much easier time with Guilty Gear combos. Microdashes can be difficult, but I don't find them that bad. Many characters don't even have to bother with them. No matter if it's links, microdashes, jump installs, superjump instant airdashes or something else, characters usually have something that's at least somewhat tricky and that you have to practice.

If this is your first fighting game or if you're new to them, don't give up. Keep giving it a chance until you learn ALL your stuff, which will take a long while. Believe me, it'll all pay off and you'll have the rush of your life when you can finally partake in the madness yourself understanding every detail.

What the fuck made you think that?

Post your mains

i need may fan art
who got it

My main happens to be that guy May is hitting in that gif

What did the recent patch change?

Thanks dude, but, is there a way to download these videos without paying, or a safe streaming site outside arcsys reach where these can be uploaded?

Mega has been blocking me from downloading videos that large with bandwidth limit.

Must be my isp or because im on mexico.

Make a free mega account with a disposable email service, it allows you to download 50 or 10 GB or sth.

Guess ill try that, thanks.

>That whole speech before he exploded.

I didn't ask for these feels...

May as main and Bridget as a secondary.

First timer here. My copy is going to arrive in about 2 days, who are the rushdown characters and which would you guys recommend? Going purely on aesthetics I'm liking Johnny and Sol, they look badass as fuck.

>who are the rushdown characters

Almost everyone, actually.

>Johnny and Sol

Have fun, they should fit your tastes pretty well judging from what you're looking for. They're also both very strong characters. Johnny is S tier and Sol is agreed to be around A tier.

Don't mind the people that rag on you for picking Sol because he's the main character. Play who you wanna and just have fun.

>I picked this up thinking it'd be easy to get into
Why would you even
-think this is easy to get into
-pick something up because it's easy

Here you go you lazy motherfucker.

>The timing is so specific on the combos.
Really? gg combos have always felt like some of the most forgiving to me

You'll have an easier time with Sol.
But once you get used to Johnny's movement, you're going to fuck everybody.

I felt as if the speech could be... better. My primary complaint is with the voice.

It just does not fit. They needed to use more robo-effect on that voice if they wanted it to be better, but even then I bet Accent Core+ Story mode voice would kick its ass still, it was just too good.

>Don't mind the people that rag on you for picking Sol because he's the main character

Funny thing is I'm a fucking hipster so I always stay away from the main character types but the guy just looks so damn cool.

Honestly the whole aesthetic of this series is top fucking notch. And don't even get me started on the soundtrack. No idea why it took me so long to find this game Really can't wait for mine to arrive.

They prolly want more than 2 people to join.

Allow me to reiterate: This is my first fighting game, and I remember hearing somewhere that this game was pretty easy to get into, so I figured I'd pick it up because I was under the impression that it's a good starting point. I'm snot opposed to training hard and get good, and I'm sure as hell not giving up because it's more difficult than I anticipated.

>tfw finally pulling off your first not shit combo

youtube.com/watch?v=ajFNkQP4Uxc

never give up

I don't understand why people would idle on a browser app. Is it the avatars?
I know a bunch of tech illiterate people who managed to get into an IRC channel so it's not hard at all.

>Ramlethal

With you, you really oughta take that phrase to eleven if that's who you're maining.

Always good to see someone this interested in Guilty Gear for common but well understood reasons. I hope you have fun with the game.

Game is not easy.

I think it was bugfixes, netcode improvements and it added a few extra heads you can unlock for your online avatar by fishing.

I know that now.

So how fucked is the PS3 version this time around?

If you want to be a hipster, I recommend playing Bedman. Join all the 5 other players he has.

Or Zappa once he gets in, like 2 people on earth ever played him (except for the time he was beyond broken), you can be the third.

>I remember hearing somewhere that this game was pretty easy to get into
It's relatively easy because it has a great tutorial (both tutorial and mission modes) that teaches you everythig you need. But it's still a fighting game and FGs are hard.
Also, combos are secondary, don't obsess with it so soon. Being a total newbie you have more important stuff to learn such as spacing and dealing with and applying pressure.

There you go.

Most people already have Discord, or if they don't there is zero learning curve. People are lazy and aren't going to learn to IRC if they have something that works for them already. Convenience is key here not efficiency.

o i love this thank you

ps3 isnt bad i've been playing on it, only noticeable hindrance is the obvious graphical limitations other than that it works fine

I haven't played Guilty Gear since #Reload, which was many years ago. With the disappointment that was SFV I've really started to look the way of Xrd. It's even more Anime than the old games, which is quite the turn-off for me.

If their new version comes to PC I'd consider picking it up: how much will I be set back? I was rather decent in #Reload but the wallsticks, tumble, slashbacks and blitz shields and all that other jazz is pretty overwhelming. Will I be able to enjoy Xrd as I enjoyed #Reload or is it pretty much another game by now?

>Baiken not in the new game
That sucks.

baiken is in the story mode with a character model, she will be back soon. as for the other questions revelator on pc isnt even announced senpai

Honestly if you played enough Reload then you already understand a majority of the mechanics. The new stuff isn't THAT overwhelming, but it is still a lot to learn. If you had the perseverance to learn any version of X2 though then Xrd really shouldn't be that huge of a deal.

>Baiken not in the new game
user..

Damn, color me surprised. Never heard about this until now. The previous is version is on Steam, so the next one should show up too, right?

Who're you having the most fun with in Revelator, of the "new" characters? Been liking Kum and Raven a lot, and while I was looking forward to the former, I didn't expect to end up liking the latter. Weird stretchy-limbed hypermobility and flying is great, and that teleport-dash is fun even just to watch happen.

Blazblue is better

t. Mori

Yeah, SIGN is on Steam.
Baiken only appears in Rev's story though.

it was originally made and posted on reddit but there's so many people on it now that no one even knows anymore.

source: i joined it when there was around 50 people half a year ago

Honestly the first time I've seen it posted so I thought it was newly created.

I want to lewd May

and learn to play her

>Zappa scale

The thumbnail looks like autofellatio.

Shameless plug
#godsgift @Rizon

Johnny seems pretty fucking fun

He's fun and top tier. I like how he doesnt play himself either, so learning him actually takes effort and is satisfying as a result.

Seriously, would it kill them to release the pc version now?

>theres piracy still yeah, but people are learning.
>the nesicaxlive system (the online arcade system arcsys uses) has been cracked, but no one is gonna make leaks like with bbcs.
>it is extra money for arcsys, piracy or not. not everyone can buy a ps4 or a xboner, but still can get access to decent enough pcs to play.
>arcsys can sell dlc, i for one can live paying for the dlc like in a console, i just want to play the game.

Theres no reason for arcsys to still consider pc as an afterthought in this age, period.

Planning to get this tomorrow.

Tell me, who's the easiest and most fun cute girl to play with?

You're a good man.

Uhh GG is only about buff men.

Bridget

And old lady butt

just play the whale queen herself
the cutest

How old?

>IRC channel
Haven't used that in fucking ages.

Is it at least seeing activity?

We're pretty small, but it's a comfy place to idle and have occasional GG talk.

It varies from each person really. A lot of people have a harder time with the tight links of most Capcom games than long combo anime games filled with many different mechanics.

As a Zappa main for 7 years it's hard as fuck to transition to another character, he's too unique. I'm still dashing forward to antiair and getting rekt for it.

Looking forward to try new things in Revelator.

>I'm still dashing forward to antiair
I think Faust can do that too.

I want to play this game with Sup Forums!

What the use of his punch for May? Anti air?

Yes. 6P/Forward+Punch) is universal AA for majority of the cast.

To get people dizzy and IK them

Is Baiken playable yet?

All 6Ps are anti-airs. It also does massive stun.

frametraps, situational AA, looks cool. It's a shame they nerfed the stun on it.
Never was a fan of Faust. I always subbed Anji and Ky/Sol, at least Anji looks like a possible contender for a character spot in future.

Anti-air and stun dispenser.

What are the Raven optimal bnb combos off of throws, command throws and dust?

Been doing j.S, j.P, j.S, j.cancel, j.S, j.D and projectile off of throws. Same thing in dust except I do 2 j.HS before the combo and no projectile, instead do the ball projectile when near the ground. With command grab I do a 5.K-> 5.HS -> jump and same combo as throw.

I'm kinda surprised by Bedman character. He actually turned out to be quite nice. His motives, his powers and even his fucking bed is properly explained. I hated him before but he really grew on me in Revelator. Why did they kill him? ;_;

He looks wacky as fuck but he's a well thought out character both gameplay and lore-wise. His airdash is a bitch to use, if it wasn't for that I'd main him.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Did you not notice the blue ball/aura Bedman ejected from his hands when he was dying while saying I MUST ATONE?

And then the same blue aura was seen after the credits with Robo-Ky's head, after which it miraculously started working?

Bedman fixed and/or possessed Robo-Ky. He'll probably be back, maybe as Robo-Ky or a voice in Robo-Ky's head.

The design and overall aesthetics of Bedman will never appeal to me, Midorikawa Hikaru does a great job voicing him. It's a shame that all you hear in matches is his bed grunting. As you implied, he was also made a lot more interesting in the Revelator story.

Baiken in Xrd when?

should i get into guilty gear?

been playing lots of SF on fight cade

wanted to buy a ps4 for SFV but after all the negative press i'm a little turned off

what fight game is the future?

Next game. Will most likely have to for another two years.

>have to for
Obviously meant "have to wait for"

Thanks user, thanks.