Death Stranding

>The invisible fetus symbolize how Kojima's "baby", the MGSV becoming his phantom pain

>The ashore whales is his former studio (Moby Dick)

>Reedus is Kojima's self-insert; samey face but being an white American. (It's no secret that Kojima is a massive westaboo and wake up every morning wishing he was white)

>5 floating man symbolize his biggest achievement yet (the mainline MGS series); looking down at him as if they're saying, "Come on boy, let see how you can top us"

Literally the Da Vinci of our time. We are truly blessed to call him one of us (the gamer), his talent would have been a waste in other medium.

I'm curious to hear what are your taking of the trailer, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0hpqSSCjzuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's another video game that i might play but if it's not first person or have pvp than no it can fuck off

McKillyoureshelf

10/10

looks like shit why do people like Kojicuck again?

>"Come on boy, let see how you can top us"

"Hello I am a 3d artist from Kojima Productions and instead of being working on real 3d models for the game I waste my time with this POS of a trailer, thanks sony for your money"

I'LL KEEP COMING

Dog=Kojima
Cookie=MGS
Woman=Konami

don't be jealous of my shelf. I might build you one, if you play your cards right

not bad

So the five floating guys are MGS1 through PW and the baby is V, torn from his freaky man-womb unfinished and flung out into this cruel world to fend for itself? That makes me wonder, MGS2 is very obviously unfinished as well, does Kojima view it similarly at all to V or is it different because 2 still got its main themes across clearly (and flawlessly IMO) and was not in its state due to studio meddling?

Norman Reedus has pretty chinky eyes btw so I'd buy him as a Kojima self-insert.

I loved the "Lovecraftian" theme to the trailer.

looking forward to playing this on PC

I'm pretty hopeful for it, I just hope it isn't some boring survival horror.

Kojima should have just become in charge of putting together trailers, its all he is good at.

Good for you.
You might have to wait a while, though.

I think it's just a really bold thematic teaser that's more about setting mood than setting plot-points.

If I had to guess something about a soldier or scientist character who works on some military base, and then he's involved with an experiment to create life but it fails and he feels guilt about monsters he indirectly creates, and the game is him fighting them in a dead-space style combat system in a relatively open base area a la a larger, more complex Shadow Moses type facility. The game won't have many characters and focus a lot on survival horror, but since Shinkawa is still involved I'll be expecting some more action heavy combat-styled bosses.

As to the whale beaching thing maybe that's saying the setting will be some desolate island once used for whaling, maybe near the poles.

I liked the trailer because it was really creepy and bizarre and surprised me and a lot of my friends. It's interesting, but I bet the next trailer will be more straightforward.

You NEVER see blockbuster hollywood shit pull this creator meta garbage in such a direct and obvious way. Yet here Kojima is, doing it in a soon to be movie-game.

>Lovecraftian

Just proving how much of a visionary he is.

Kek

>mfw that autism

i would chuckle IF there wasnt the bitter truth how autistic Kojimbo fans are

Seeing naked Norman Reedus pulling presumably his own child up to his chest and crying was some heavy shit, their was no context whatsoever but it really pulled at my heart strings.

Symbolism my ass.

Reminds me of oil spill. I am simple man.

>tripfag talking about autism
oh the irony

Have all PCuks, Nintoddlers and XBrots killed themselves already?

That's so fucking stupid and I can't believe you made a thread on it.

Also im glad he got Norman Reedus still, he's one of my favorite tv actors.

I reversed the sound effect at the end, it definitely sounds like there's someone speaking sounds hidden in the audio.

vocaroo.com/i/s0hpqSSCjzuE

All I can say is Kojima is out of his mind but now I want to see his game

But here's Spiderman! Fucking lol at Sony

so in other words, that triler was just some fucking random trash that doesnt mean anything at all and has nothing to do with the game other that the actor whos playing the main character.

Im sooooooooooooooooooo interested in this movie .

The cover is basically confirmation that this story, while being able to stand on its own, will also be a metaphor for what had entailed in MGSV. Norman Reedus being Big Boss, of course.

>r=2GM/c2 aka Schwarzschild radius (sometimes historically referred to as the gravitational radius) is the radius of a sphere such that, if all the mass of an object were to be compressed within that sphere, the escape velocity from the surface of the sphere would equal the speed of light.
>Kojima moved faster than the light in his intro escaping the collapsing Konami

Here's an amazing theory.
It's got fuck all to do with kojima and konami and it's got something to do with oil spills and the human race as a whole.

>Art can't have more than 1 interpretation

lel so Kojima is just salty?

I doubt Konami gives a fuck at all since they swim in money anyway.

Might as well skip on this game

shit I didn't mean it like that
I'm cool with people making their own interpretations, I love art that provokes interpretation but I just think the abundance of "oh it's about kojima and the MGS series" I just think that's silly.

Or maybe, just maybe, Kojima is a massive talentless hack.

This game is what he meant by "oreo game"

Close.

>baby is PT, as it was still in its infant stages when it was kill
>crabs and fish are the fans he let down with what happened to mgsv
>the oil shit is his tarnished reputation and shamefur dispray he vows to make right

You right about the whales and floating men though.

Um waiting early for this masterpiece

all the fucking fish, whale and even the crabs have cords (just look at the ground near start of the trailer)
I'm sure those aren't oil
Only theory I find somewhat acceptable that this is some kind of earth restart or terra forming and the man simply Adam

I don't know whether to be hopeful or annoyed that conceptual art themes are becoming trendy in vidya.

Were DS and RE7 the highest points of E3 2016? Funny both happened at the same conference.

at least they try, and they should try something new more,
that happy few sth sth game also should be encourage,
compare to stupid shit like lel cool hacker may may from ubisoft or "it's another military
shooter"

Now what's the actual game will be about

>there has been an alien invasion
>the floating people were in fact aliens and each one will be a boss at some point
>Norman Reedus is the hero that will save the world

I just like to imagine hideo sitting on a chair reading through this theories people came up with and laughing his ass off for the bullshit you found in a single simple trailer he made

He likes to play with people, he appeared earlier in the Pope stream, he said he wouldn't be showing anything, and he was wearing a shirt with the initials DS.

Huh, an earth restart, and an Adam without an Eve. So there might actually be some male pregnancy shit right here, which would explain the scars.

>muh symbolism
Kojima is nearly as pretentious as Jonathan "I spent 7 years on a puzzle game" Blow

alien invasion put cords in all life form then kill them all off later by black liquid?

I can't see how this would fit with the "it's a game for people who like AAA shooters like Uncharted and The Division" statement from Kojima, unless he was lying his face off.

post yfw sonyggers waited 6 months for a trailer about male pregnancy

>"Come on boy, let see how you can top us"

Won't be too difficult to top the fourth and fifth floating men then.

Kek
Gold one user

>So there might actually be some male pregnancy shit right here, which would explain the scars.
>Kojima takes the "Chico is Quiet" shit seriously and makes a game where you play as a post-op transsexual

Probably lying.

CHAPTER 3 CONFIRMED

That's why I'm hyping it up in my head, I think. This is just weird enough to be interesting.

kojima ripping of dark souls. thats low

Kojima is the example of games not being art. I would expect this from a rabid feminist 'art show' then a game director.

>G-guys the fetus attached to me actually represents

No fuck off.

Could be transsexual, or could be some weird Xenomorph-style pregnancy shit.

MGS2 is not unfinished. I know you're refering to that design doc that got out a few years ago, but literally every design doc describes a better, larger, more complex game that what ends up coming out.

It's just the reality of game development.

yeah yeah the scar is a fucking cross
baby may be eva
5 man floating basically arch angels
this is earth after the final judgement, killing all life with black liquid (may be oil since they are really harmful, imagine a tsunami made of oil)
all the "dog tags" are humanity knowledge....
ah fuck it my head hurts
this, I was thinking well it should be a all round action game then but kojima hasn't forgot his mindfuckering

kek

>muh unfinished david bowie tribute: the game

Anyone keen to explain this shit?

Hmm..I like your interpretation user, and they're pretty much the thing that I missed.

Maybe we can combine them for the next thread OP.

2 spooky

I'm really hoping the desolate feelings of the trailer persist. Looking forawrd to it being about some kind of personal revenge or redemption, and not about saving anything or anyone. The idea of a character fighting for basically nothing (aside from deep personal goals) gets me rock fucking hard.

That is because Hollywood shit is a mass market product. You also don't expect a chef to work at a mcdonalds.

You fucking philistine.

yeqh its worked into the text art too, must be an inportant thing in theme or gameplay.

That baby is evil?

What if it's just Silent hills with a new title? Maybe Reedus was supposed to be a male incubator for the SH god

Someone mentions that land is essentially death and the ocean is life

Why does the handcuffs glow? Remember this is Kojima, we can't let anything pass by, every little detail means something.

>MFW I hear HIDEO KOJIMA

There are some heavy themes about birth in the trailer, so everything seems to have synthetic umbilical cords. We can kind of assume the game will have something to do with "Synthetic Birth" or something along those lines.

there are also cords on the crabs (small lines on the ground at the start of the trailer
at first naked man and baby seems to be connect by the cords, but it turns out he has a cross scar on his belly instead,
many think it is abortion symbolism,
I could represent that this naked man some how "out of the system", the cords removed from him and leave a scar, thus for why he's the only man standing and alive

>video games aren't mass market products
Then why is sony funding it? Out of love for art?

I think this was there to make it clear to the viewer and tone of the trailer that this is in fact science fiction and not pure fantasy.

naah, too much science fixtion.

The "dog tags" around the neck are more analagous to the MGS series. 6 of them, he's historically used them, and they look like are heavy enough to act as weights.

I thought it was going to be something scifi alien shit like HL2

humh, it must be scanning for a hand, aka his partner, but failed
it stop glowing later in the trailer

Videogames ARE a mass product bullshit thing too. But complaining that Kojima released a "muh art" trailer and complaining about being a product for mass audience is completely retarded.

Keep an eye on Kojima's twitter in the next couple of weeks, if he mentions Matrix then we'll know what the game is about.

>a male incubator for the SH god
Has that been done before? I'm not very familiar with Silent Hill stuff, I thought it has to be some girl with specific characteristics and stuff

>The invisible fetus symbolize how Kojima's "baby", the MGSV becoming his phantom pain

>You play the game as an alcoholic fuck who spends all his cash on a horse-face hooker and this kills the baby

I don't believe the RUSE bullshit but for fun, and this is always fun; let me speculate if it is a ruse and this is MGS the same way TPP was hidden and said not to be MGS

Norman Reedus is Ocelot. This is a psychological thriller that alternates between inside his head and the real world post MGS3 and pre MGSV: GZ. The 5 floating men are Ludens, humans once alive that transcended humanity. It takes a rip out of the actual book of ludens, time wanderers (a Russian 1984 book). We come to learn that the 6 aborted children from the octuplets within the les Enfant Terribles project are those 5 floating guys. The baby is the remaining 6th clone that hasn't transcended humanity yet and Ocelot is trying to connect with him symbolized as umbilical cord which looks like an acoustic cables. As Ocelot defeats his inner demons and each of the ludens, connecting with them. He eventually becomes the antithesis of Big Boss rather than big boss, as was his dream

Who was the antithesis of what Big Boss stood for? Skull Face

I'm not complaining about trying something risky ("risky") and artistic. I'm complaining about the ego centric, narcissistic, muh projects im a creator, meta bullshit that some people believe the trailer to be about.

it has some science formula written on it, about black holes, gravity and shit
must represent mankind knowledge or sth sth about god "word"/ god "power"

It could still be, Kojimbo said that this is going to be an action game, the trailer is most likely something made for E3 and its only purpose is to tease the story. Which is what Kojimbo traditionally does with his trailers.

>McKill you are shelf
>McKill your e-shelf

He has always done that in his games though, that's why people are doing it. Let people have their fun.

Are you fucking retarded? This is Kojima, of course the man is an egomaniac that could pull that of. Then again I think that the meaning of the trailer is just to tease the story of the game and nothing more.

Man, what the fuck are you smoking

So do you guys the baby is still there but just invisible again ? we clearly saw it/heard it ... what is he holding ?
retards