I dont understand

i dont understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Höðr
youtu.be/TXYGd6AlAZk?t=12m39s
youtube.com/watch?v=9jIriYhKsFI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What about it do you not understand?

Don't worry user, its just another case of IP rape.

The victim's already dead, move along.

Don't try to understand me or my son ever again

>IP rape
>god of war
Oh no, what a tragedy. If only they kept the deep gameplay this series was known far.

Last of us was really popular now all Sony games follow its formula no matter the genre

its like.. making some game that is not even the same genre, nor the same setting, not even the same character, or the look, or ANYTHING at all from its source material but giving it not only a title to fit in the series, but also the title without any subtitle, suggesting that it replaces the first one.

imagine a sci-fi first person shooter called "Super Mario Bros." that would be the same thing.

Was it just me or did anyone else hear "valhalla" from the giant as it started it's attack? I thought frost giant until it started using fire based shit and that didn't seem right.

It was a troll and yeah, he did cursed Kratos for coming to Valhalla.

Why does a nordic guy go around without a shirt in a cold as fuck environment?

Why said nordic guy has the same tatoos as Kratos if he's not him (I hope, because it wouldn't make sense at all).

Why said nordic guy has a "Spartan Fury" skill?

Why

Because it is Kratos, an immortal god/demigod or whatever he can be defined as.

>Implying you play God of War for the deep story

Kratos was fossilized into stone in the river of styx due to his rage ala Asura Wrath style.

Over thousands of years after the destruction of the greek world Norse gods started to take the place of their predecessors. From there life began anew.

Kratos then innevitably woke up from his slumber, he for reasons grew a beard and saw a Norse woman prime for banging.

In this offshoot Norse world Kratos is thought to be a doom bringer because somehow Odin knows about the world before him and knows that Kratos had some part in it's destruction. Kratos has a new kid but forgets about his past and treats the world around him as a sick joke due to everything other than his new kids mother wanting to kill him.

The story follows you as old man Kratos fighting to keep your son alive, who will eventually die when you destroy the world again when Loki causes you to remember your past.

Which games do you find deep user?

Story-wise, doesn't make any sense. It cannot be a prequel nor a sequel to 3.

That guy can't be Kratos unless they are contradicting themselves or pulling some "parallel universe" bullshit.

Not to say that having a guy named Kraros in a Nordic Mythology setting is ridiculous

>completely change how the game feels and plays
>its ok cause I didn't like it before
Go far away.

Watch the interview from pope (I think gameslice is the channel name on youtube). They confirmed:

>you play as Kratos (but maybe not for the whole game, they were weird there)
>game is direct sequel to God of War 3, it's happening many years after it
>it is set in norse mythology
>(luckily) it's not an open world game but it has big areas
>they intentionally made the "gameplay" shit

>videogames have to make sense

remember when GTA was a top down view sandbox?

>Why said nordic guy has the same tatoos as Kratos if he's not him
Are you fucking retarded?

Lmao why do you fucktards keep talking about old God of War gameplay complexity when what made it good was because it was just fun, oh yeah
>fun
cant have that

Sarcasm buddy.
Oh no, i liked it. But seriously, you are complaining about revitalizing a stale series, which is in it's 8th or whatever installment and that hasn't changed since the PS2 days. Who cares if they try and fail? At least they tried. GoW clearly needed something because there was nothing there anymore.

Kratos is watching his wife's son while his wife is away, Kratos doesn't really care for the boy but cares what happens to him

Remember when games were about gameplay?

The game probably won't feature Kratos as the lead. They will probably do a time skip, and you play as his son. Basically rebooting the series.

God of (Inner) War

>It cannot be a prequel nor a sequel to 3.
Yes it can. Kratos survived in the ending. How simple it is for him to just leave Greece behind. don't pretend we haven't been asking for Kratos fighting Norse and Egyptian gods since forever.

I wouldn't mind if they changed the gameplay, good! But they made it go in a complete wrong direction, with gameplay copied from other games instead.

Imagine if they announced Last of Us and it would be over the top crazy devil may cry like hacknslash game. It's the same thing.

What does Kratos have against Norse gods?

What did they ever do to him?

>they intentionally made the gameplay shit
wat

God of TLOU

>It's impossible for Kratos to just walk to Norway

Loki turned himself into a girl that looked like Kratos's wife and had Kratos fuck him, and in the middle of Kratos climaxing Loki changed back, and called him gay.

>GoW clearly needed something because there was nothing there anymore.
That's when you're supposed to let that IP die and go make a new one.

Fuck off with your justification for IP rape.

definitely not a TLOU ripoff

I was going to buy the collection of 1 through 3, but now, I don't feel like there's any fucking point.

Sounds about right

So I think that might be Hoor that Kratos is caring for. This has to be post Olympus after killing all their gods. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Höðr

"His wife's son"

Talk about cuck of war. The devs are really overdoing it with the self inserts

To an extent. Even more if they try to make them cinematic shit.

As it is right now they are taking the worse from each medium: shit stories from videogames and no interaction from movies

Didn't know about the interview where they confirm it's Kratos. Doesn't even make sense though.

Are they too scared to use another character? It's not like there are a fuckton other gods, heroes or "myths" they could use as their new God of War.

Whether or not you've read the interview where they confirm it's Kratos, it's blatantly fucking obvious that it's Kratos

C'mon, you know as much as i do about the gameplay. That wasn't even a level. Just give that shit a chance.

You would bash if it was the same and call it a rehash. And now you bash because it's trying something different. How many threads you made in the last decade praising GoW gameplay? Fuck off you fucking poser.

No, what I remember being asked was God of War in another setting, not Kratos around the globe.

There is literally a god of war in each polytheist religion or myth

>shit stories from videogames and no interaction from movies
are you drunk?

You remember wrong then.

>You would bash if it was the same and call it a rehash. And now you bash because it's trying something different.
It could just, y'know, not exist.

It was clear the series was done with Ascension. We went past that point of 'bashing it for sameness'. The point I'm trying to make here is that this game shouldn't exist at all. The IP is done, let it be.

>There is literally a god of war in each polytheist religion or myth
I'm not sure that's actually true.

>At least they tried.

Reskinning TLOU is not "trying".

>A game about bashing Norse Gods skulls in shouldn't exist
>oh no, it can exist, but you can't use an already existing IP about bashing Gods skulls in
Yeah man, totally...

Doesn't even look remotely similar in frame nor facial features.

It's just a bald lumberjack (with a very well trimmed beard for being norse-mythology-era) without shirt and red tattoos.

Compare it with GoW3 or previous ones. Old Kratos had what Americans think they are Greek features, this one is Nordic

I totally agree with you user. This new direction is completely idiotic; they might as well have put Kratos in a "free the whales" T-shirt and hipster glasses while they were at it.

They confirmed on Keighley's show that you play as Kratos the whole game.

It's Kratos. He looks like Kratos and has all of Kratos's scars.

You might be the only guy in the world who ever doubted, for even a second, that it was Kratos.

Why does it look nothing like God of War?

>they planned this all along

you are the reason every franchise turned into shit

I hope they're lying the same way ND did with TLOU.

I'd like if, for whatever reason, Kratos fucks off (whether dies or returns later I don't really care) and we control the son as an adult.

Also, I know, Neofag and "muh insiders" and all that, but Shinobi602 (who has been proved right in many things many times because he knows people working on companies), kinda implied that Kratos wouldn't be the main character.

Can't find the post, though.

>12 seconds out of a 9min demo
Literally cherrypicking here, m8.

Actually yeah. GoW is about a Spartan soldier going to war with the Greek pantheon. That's what its ALWAYS been.

If you want to make a game about killing Norse gods, it should be a new IP. But if you're intent on calling it God of War (for that name recognition), then you should AT LEAST change the protagonist and call it a spinoff.

always found gow gameplay to be meh but at least it was fast and fun
along the way series transition to 30fps :mmmmmh
now this cinematic, behind the shoulder camera shit : garbage trash

This doesn't mean the kid is going to be like 10 years old trough the whole game. I wonder what greek god the kid will become.

>Over thousands of years
A few hundred years, maybe.

We want the Last of us Tomb Raider Souls audience.

I don't care that much desu,personally i might like it more as i don't like hack and slash games.
but i can see fans of the god of war series being really annoyed and rightfully so.

>mfw we play as the gay little kid

why

>look at me!! i press X!!!

Maybe because it doesn't make any fucking sense for him to be Kratos.

It's like Konami makes a Metal Gear Solid based in 1800 and set in Chile and there is a guy with an eyepatch and a mullet but with Latino features. Would you say "it's Big Boss guys!"?

It's the same for me.

- Norse setting
- Norse guy (look at it as you wish, if you take the tattoos that guy doesn't resemble Kratos at all)
- Even the guy is chill and calm as fuck instead of being in fucking rage
- Has a kid out of nowhere

It's Kratos because they said so, but Donte is Dante too

For some reason people don't hate System Shock 2, Populous the Beginning or Resident Evil 4.

Not every sequel has to be a carbon copy, sometimes the shit just gets stale.

>Imagine if they announced Last of Us and it would be over the top crazy devil may cry like hacknslash game
Instead of a movie?
Sounds pretty hype.

>Should
For years we've been talking about Kratos moving to egypt to kill Ra and aliens and whatever. God of War was about exterminating the Pantheon as gruesome as possible. It ain't fucking literature.
"Kratos took a boat and someone stepped on his foot. Now he's angry." That's fine as well, no one gives a shit. If you think GoW is in some panthoen of classics you can't touch, well, that's on you. To me, it's just gratuitous violence and braindead entertainment. We don't need be uptight about all IP's.

Look forward to all those character building scenes where you walk along with your child on a narrow path but with less wacky small talk and no ladders.

Ok, we'll roll with that. Fine, so Kratos is here to kill the Norse gods. Whatever, we'll roll with it.

Why the fuck was the 9min demo 7min of walking with some kid and 2min of '''''''combat'''''''? Why is the gameplay nothing like it was before? Why is it over-the-shoulder?

>To me, it's just gratuitous violence and braindead entertainment.
So you are not at all annoyed by the "modern cutscene" of walking and talking.
I fucking hate this shit.

It works for slower paced games like last of us if people like that but on consequent playthroughs which you do for action games like GoW this is beyond retarded.

>make the game the same
>HURR REHASH
>make the game different
>HURR THEY CHANGED IT

There's no pleasing faggots like you anyway, so change is good.

They are making a reboot of an old franchise that's fashioned for casuals and minors.

There you go OP.

/thread

If you're going to take a pretty good old-school hack and slash and make it into what looks like a really fuckin slow, boring open world action RPG then you could at least change the fuckin name.

It doesn't even look brutal and they made Kratos into a faggot

Let's face it: there wasn't that much actual gameplay. But what was showed off looked perfectly reasonable for a GoW game.

>One of GoW's most distinctive gameplay elements suddenly doesn't exist because it doesn't suit my argument!!!

God of War segueing into Kratos fighting other mythological beings is an idea David Jaffe and others had toyed with since the beginning (or close to it). You may not like the idea, but it's been passed around for a long time.

As someone who didn't like GoW, this actually did look interesting.

Somebody should shop Kratos and his child into this.

>imagine a sci-fi first person shooter called "Super Mario Bros." that would be the same thing.
Sounds like the game version of the movie

They could make a new character, make an interesting new setting, etc. This is just kratos with a beard fucked off to the forest so far. Imagine if that shit was actually in Egypt

Don't get me wrong, i don't think it was a good idea to portray GoW with such a slow paced scene. If the whole game is like that, i'll be with you all bashing it non stop. But, i'm just giving the benefit of the doubt here.
If you read the blogpost from Santa Monica, it fits, it's a Kratos that learned with it's mistakes and is holding that anger all inside, and he knows it can blow up at any moment.
So it might be that we use the Kid and not Kratos, it might be that right in the next scene the kid dies and the rage starts, we just don't know. So i won't judge the whole game because of that. Premature as fuck to think GoW will be some shitty walking simulator. Let's just wait and give it the benefit of the doubt, the series needed a little shake.

>Norse setting
Yes.
>Norse guy
It looks like Kratos. He just has a beard now. It's still him.
>chill and calm as fuck
Time gap. Character development. He's always been portrayed as having a weak spot for his family. Their death is what made him angry to begin with. Why wouldn't he calm down since God of War III delivered closure on his vengeance?
>Has a kid out of nowhere
Time gap.

this does not fucking look like God of war

where is the overhead and fixed camera

where are the flashy combos

where is kratos leaping all over the place with crazy weapons

where are the swarms of enemies

where is the fucking gore and epic set piece

I bought a goddamn ps3 6 years ago for god of war 3 and this tlou clone is what they shit out now?

fucking kill me gaming is literally all movies

Now it's TloU.

>wrek so much asshole that the enemies in the next game resemble you
please tell me this is whats happening.

It's simple, you're a moron.

>But what was showed off looked perfectly reasonable for a GoW game.
Yeah, totally.

youtu.be/TXYGd6AlAZk?t=12m39s

So is his wife's son going to follow him around the entire game why else would they have him level up

It's just a reboot of the franchise for casuals.

Holy Fuck at that webm.

It's completely unrecognizable to how the previous 6 games played. Why

You don't know dick about the story or the setting, though, so these judgments are way too premature to take seriously.

Especially since there are some hints in what they showed that the main character is actually the son rather than Kratos.

Not to mention a serious look at Norse mythology would be just as interesting as Egyptian mythology. Common knowledge of Norse mythology is so surface-level that they could do a lot of cool stuff.

But that is the shit they DECIDED to show.
When it comes to E3 presentations you decide what best represents your game and show shit you think people like.

Its not like someone randomly picked any part out of a full God of War playthrough and it is just so happened to be a really slow paced part.

You are saying "don't judge the whole game based on what they have shown" when that is exactly what the people make the game want you to do.

There is being carefully optimistic and then there is just being stupid.
Come the fuck on!.

In comparison here is what they have shown for GoW 3:
youtube.com/watch?v=9jIriYhKsFI

>grew a beard
>grew a beard
>grew a beard
>grew a beard

Why are people saying this? He always had a beard/goatee

Fucking this. The game was same shit over and over, got bored of it after playing through the first one and half of the second one.

Sony ran out of backstories to make prequels about.

Because it was the tutorial/intro to the game. I'd be surprised if the gameplay never gets any more intense than that in the rest of the game

>Because it was the tutorial/intro to the game.
see

Kratos trains his son, then is killed and you play as the kid through the second half. The kid is the new God of war.