What does Sup Forums think about Red Alert 2 ?

What does Sup Forums think about Red Alert 2 ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Smx1IK99Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=w7Vu8_EQVXc
youtube.com/watch?v=W4Z2mG9XFpw
youtube.com/watch?v=d-H4hwmM1qk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

love it

Greatest game of all time and I wish I was better at it.

it was so amazing back in the day. just fun, never taking itself seriously at all, but never going full meme like number 3, god that was awful

i loved it but found GDI vs NOD more enjoyable than Murrica vs Soviets

RA3 also had the abilities straight outta CoH, the abilities don't work in game like RA

Maybe not my favorite game, but certainly in the top 5, maybe even top 3.
MO3.0 is objectively better version of the game for multiplayer

TIME IS RUNNING OUT

Did somebody fucking say Red Alert 2

youtube.com/watch?v=3Smx1IK99Oo

>installation process was fucking awesome
>menu screen and navigation was fucking awesome
>loading screens were fucking awesome, even plays a full song if you had a crap computer was chugging while loading

hate when old games rip off newer ones

>CoH
You mean generals?

I don't remember much about Generals, but it sure didn't have 'press button to destroy half of enemy base' abilities that weren't just super weapons. Or did it?

I loved it when RTS games weren't made solely for asperglords, now everything is ultra complicated just to get aspergers ridden retards entertained, micromanaging and customizing and more retarded gargabe.

Just give me a simple and balanced game like AoE 2, R A 2 and many others of the time, the closest thing we have now is a retarded pixel rts game.

Mechanically yes, not sure about the balance: I don't really remember RA3

SHUT UP I CLAIMED HER FIRST GET YOUR CAPITALIST HANDS OFF HER!!!

Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend savage!

>full soundtrack by Frank goddamn Klepacki, you can listen to every single fucking track and they all make you want to crush those American dogs/godless reds
>gameplay may have been simplistic and maybe outdated (only one unit is produced at a time per category, barracks/factory/sea/Allied hangar), but barreling through everything with a giant horde could never get old
>the FMV cutscenes holy shit Romanov you are 11/10
>Yuri's Revenge amps the retardation up by several factors, a lot of missions give you full arsenals to dick around with for maximum shits and giggles

The real question is, was it better than Tiberian Sun?

Soundtrack is pretty good.

HOW 'BOUT SOME ACTION

RA2 was babby's first RTS for me. I got it second hand and didn't have the Russian campaign disc, which really disappointed me.

It did have both unstoppable, but relativity weak ones like the Chinese artillery, and stoppable ones like the MOAB that were capable of wiping out armies.

I miss real time strategies. Most I got right now is homeworld remastered. New patch made formations work which gave me a boner.

Kane should have executed the man responsible for placing his nod patch on his jacket the wrong way.

no, she's mine

Yes it was better than Tiberian Sun.

I would suck a penis for a RA2 remake.

fav rts game
i wish cnc net was more popular

great game but i suck at online multiplayer or people are so good.
i like playing single player skirmish

>tfw EA destroy this franchise

same deal as q3a
people have been playing it for 15 years and became gods among men

hows the single player campaign is it worth it or is it popular for multiplayer?

best song from the soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=w7Vu8_EQVXc

It's still unbelievable there was a time before it went full "funny xD".

I can't even remember the last good C&C...

Single player is fucking amazing. No one bothers with multiplayer anymore.

i only played red alert 3
how did 2 improve the game?

>Kirov Reporting

Why is this allowed?

Nobody here but us trees

Red Alert 2 had:

Better art design
Better faction design
Better Resource management (two sources of currency, gold and gems, both found in fields, unlike the singular nodes of RA3)
Less emphasis on individual unit abilities (so, a greater emphasis on the macro)

Honestly, RA3 was not a bad game. I fully hold that CnC4 is the only CnC game that could be called 'bad'. But it wasn't the successor that people wanted, for a few reasons. People also forget that the silly cheesiness of the early 2000s doesn't hold the same charm when applied to a modern game.

>i only played red alert 3

just get the fuck out of here and get a copy of red alert goddamn 2. and 1 while you're at it

ok i will download it. i really love rts games but haven't really played anything except warcraft 3 and stacraft broodwar i really want to play starcraft broodwar campaign but only have a pirated copy that can play custom games. i can play on private servers like iccup and fish server too though

>EA destroys many games
>EA gives free games such as RA2 and Jade Empire
I hate them but I can't resist the offer

>want to replay RA2 & Yuri's
>installing TFD copy leads to totally fucked interface
>don't know where my base RA2 discs are to try that instead
;_;

the only RTS game I REALLY fell in love with

my dad would play C&C95 and red alert, and I loved watching, but I was too young to play well at all
I was about 11 when RA2 came out, and it was amazing

even the expansion was cool, although the yuri faction was OP as fuck

GENTLEMEN, IT'S A NUCLEAR DEVICE

last 2d rts and therefore last good rts

CoH abilities are way different than RA3 abilities. RA3 abilities were just buttons you used to shit on someone. In CoH only a few abilities were like that, but those were telegraphed with big red smoke making them only useful on fortifications. Also CoH introduced munitions to limit their use. And those were just a few abilities. Most were unique units or a boost ability

That siren song is to make you use origin

The thing is, while CoH abilities could potentially change the tide of the battle and they were indeed limited by the Munitions resource, RA3 had essentially every ability being free that you could do some serious sheningans with, like vaccuuming all enemy units/harvesters in space, destroying half of enemy base with the orbital drop, the time bomb with fuckhuge AoE etc.
Only ability in CoH relatively close is the V1 Rocket

>play RA3 on high graphics
>it's completely impossible to tell what's going on in naval battles because the waves are so detailed and numerous

No. They were equal.

Really RA2 had a silly Cold war 60-80's vibe and was fun, TS had a depressing and hopeless alien atmosphere with somewhat complex gameplay.

They were both entertaining as fuck and few RTS can best them even today.

i had a dream that EA did a remaster and it was good and everyone started liking EA again

KIROV REPORTING

LEAN GREEN AND UNSEEN

>>Only ability in CoH relatively close is the V1 Rocket
which had a loud as fuck screetching sound, was in the bototm of the terror doctrine which you naturally want to get the tiger ace in first, and still didnt have a crazy explosion diameter capable of raping half the map.

Mentioning CoH in this situation is CoH unworthy

>EA finally announced Generals 2
>they canceled it

>HEHEH HEHEHE
>YOUR NOT MY FRIEND
>Time for an inoculation
>*whirling noises*
>Boomer detected!
Yeah it was hard. But Slave miners were hilarious
>WERE FREE WE ARE FREE

yuri's revenge was when it got fucked honestly. going back in time and fighting dinosaurs, or having hollywood action heroes who were like super-tanyas destroying yuri bases. it was really silly long before RA3

TAGGED FOR EXTINCTION

god tier

>EA announced a C&C 'MMO' where you had to buy almost every faction through microtransactions
>pretty sure there would even be units that'd have been DLC

Thank god it never came out, right?

>and still didnt have a crazy explosion diameter capable of raping half the map.
Neither did RA3, Tiberium Wars or Generals

probably. i play 10 years or more but i never had friends to LAN or had online connection.

always played at normal settings. its fun game to fuck enemy base

if they did remaster it would be 3d graphics therefore shit

10 years and you still play on normal?
the stock ai is a complete joke

MWAHAHAHAHAHA

CHA-CHING

SHAKE IT BABY

Always took my time to destroy everything allowed before taking down the ladt enemy factory
If I made a top5 games this would be 2 or even 1
>owned the game in spanish and cant post phrases
Fuck

Loved RA but hated RA2. I don't get how it could be a downgrade in so many ways despite being a newer game.

I used to built fuckton of these instead of subs.

really good, personal favourite is youtube.com/watch?v=W4Z2mG9XFpw though

TibSun is better

The most fun RTS ever made

>RTS games will never be more than APM simulators again

i thoroughly enjoyed the shit out of RA3+Uprising/Shock Therapy
despite owning the full CNC First Decade i can't bring myself to enjoy anything pre-Generals because it's just so awfully dated. not even Deus Ex dated, but Starcraft dated.
what the fuck do i even do with my life rtsfriends

FWIW, CoH2 isn't

>tfw starting that first mission
>tfw WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE REINFORCEMENTS?
youtube.com/watch?v=d-H4hwmM1qk

So, did anyone else try and save the statue of liberty?

>Like shitfest RA3
>Thinks SC and pre generals RTS is shit.
Jesus christ how can you live with such shitty taste. Do you face dive into toilets?

2d rts > 3d rts

I seen what you did there.

MY TRUCK IS LOADED

I can still hear them in my sleep. 6 of them with maxed rank.

best RTS ever

3 had problems but everyone gives it way too much shit

nobody here but us trees

except RA2 was voxel-based, and therefore 3D

i agree though it's the best out there

Like everyone else I loved soviet, but these guys man.

Did they start dropping blue bombs? I haven't played in a long time but I remember 3 star guys having different animations/attack colors.

Great but horribly unbalanced game.

One of the all time greats desu

it's fucking incredible.

i never said pre-generals RTS was shit. i said i can't get into it because i am literally incapable of enjoying the looks.
yes, this tardiness all comes down to 'mah graphecs". while i can absolutely believe that the gameplay is fun, navigating it isn't.
i think it's just old CNC and starcraft, though. advance wars and that kinda shit is still hella fun.

plus, RA3 was fun.

buahahaha

did you try ra2 or only tried ra1, tiberian sun, first c&c? Because RA2 looks way better than those.

Never played it, looks like some obsolete RTS with clunky controls/UI and simple game mechanics.

(you)

They dropped blue bombs alright, blue plasma bombs. My rocketeer spam did nothing.

tibsun and ra 2 are nearly identical on a tech level. They are the 2nd gen games of the series.

let it be bait

Sorry that I don't have the nostalgia googles like everyone else.

every fucking thread

the pain

3 was a solid game, gets way too much hate. having the whole campaign be co-op was a great idea

it is bullshit how uprising didn't have any multiplayer though.

sure, but ra2 still looks the best among them. I played ra2 when it came out and I remember it blowing my mind. Tiberian or the ones before that didn't.
I even think it looks better than aoe2.