Purposely gimping your PC and denying yourself games because of a false sense of security

>purposely gimping your PC and denying yourself games because of a false sense of security

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/pc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because you don't want anything to do with xbox.

I'll get it when Win 7 REALLY becomes obsolete, I guess.

everything will be avaiable to play on 7.
its going to be most likely changing some line in code.

The upgrade is only free for another month.

I'll get it when W7 stops recieving support.

I'm not going to upgrade on a pirated version and get myself tagged for microsoft to do anything to my pc
no way

Sureeeee it is..

with how hard they were pushing it, there's something important their gaining from it.

Theyl'l offer it as long as your willing to accept it because somehow your getting ripped off.

>denying yourself games because of a false sense of security
What

Good, maybe the annoying ass notification will finally stop

>dualboot GNU's Not Unix + Linux and Windows
>don't let Windows have an internet connection
>copy my downloaded games to the Windows drive when I want to play vidya
wew lad
Nothing of value is lost, OP.
Fuck your shilling, Microsoft.

I'll just pirate it then

If you pirate 10 you dont get access to the winstore to get your games

what video game is this?

oh no

I'm sure the Chinese will find a way to let me pirate Win10 games on Win7

source?

>Pirates OS
>Thinks he wouldn't pirate his games as well

But you do stupid fuck, also you can pirate the games, duh

Eh, I have W7 as my daily driver, and W10 on a separate HDD just for any games that come to it.

I'll upgrade when someone manages to pirate Windows Store games

enjoy never playing any multiplayer anything then

They can't really do anything but sue for copyright infringement and disable Windows 10 at a later date.

It's illegal for them to do any damage to your personal data or hardware or deny you access to it via something like encryption, e.g. ransomware, if that's what you are worried about. That would just be inviting a class action lawsuit they are guaranteed to lose and fines and compulsion to disengage such activity by the government too.

it means im not gonna get notified anymore? nice

But user, Windows 10 IS gimping your PC

>What is hamachi, what is steamfix games
Holy shit what a underage faggot
I have over 200 hours of online SFIV playtime on a pirated copy

What games are exclusive to Windows store? I need to know so I can sour grapes or not.

Who the fuck cares?

I had a pirated Win 8 and got a free upgrade to a legit 10, I'll take it. I could still easily be using Win 7 but it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

What piece of shit program were you trying to run? Something not built properly? The only time I have seen that is when the files I installed were just fucking broken.

PCfriends, are you psyched for Crackdown 3?

I know you're not, but you should be. The first one was an open-world that was just fun. Adding tons of destruction and shit to it is a great idea.

I was absolutely not going to upgrade to Windows 10, but now I'm sort of considering it. This is one of those B-tier series that is actually great (like Red Faction Guerrilla).

Remember all those exciting Xbox One exclusives you always wanted to play?

Those.

microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/pc

>nothing of value

Fuck off shill

Let's be honest here, from next 100 games they release as win10 exclusive, maybe 5 will be of any worth.

>Trying to run a 16-bit 1993 Castle of the winds game on windows 10
Try to run it on x86 Windows 10, it works, it doesn't work on x64 version.

This literally looks worst then the amazon app store holy shit

So, what stops people from playing W10 games on W7?

Yeah right

DX12, duh

i already got it the first day they let you download it. it's a pretty good operating system once you turn off all the frills.

i have no idea why people on Sup Forums have to be autistic about everything unless they have pedophile pics on their computer.

So now your attacking games he likes to play. Quickly running out of shit to harp about shill?

Just like you could play Halo 2 that was DX10 exclusive on XP right?... Oh wait
He is retarded, solution is here

1/2

The data we collect depends on the services and features you use, and includes the following.

Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.

Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.

Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your age, gender, country and preferred language.

Interests and favorites. We collect data about your interests and favorites, such as the teams you follow in a sports app, the stocks you track in a finance app, or the favorite cities you add to a weather app. In addition to those you explicitly provide, your interests and favorites may also be inferred or derived from other data we collect.

Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.

Usage data. We collect data about how you and your device interact with our services. This includes data, such as the features you use, the items you purchase, the web pages you visit, and the search terms you enter. This also includes data about your device and the network you use to connect to our services, including IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings. It includes information about the operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. And it includes data about the performance of the services and any problems you experience with them.

Contacts and relationships. We collect data about your contacts and relationships if you use a Microsoft service to manage contacts, or to communicate or interact with other people or organizations.

Less crashes, more backwards compatibility.

But I'm going to get a win 10 backup install, just in case.

Only exclusive I'm interested in so far is Scalebound, which I can perfectly live without. There's a metric fuckton of other great videogames coming out over the next year.

$0.05 have been deposited to your account

and KMS activation will be free forever..

2/2

Location data. We collect data about your location, which can be either precise or imprecise. Precise location data can be Global Position System (GPS) data, as well as data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots, we collect when you enable location-based services or features. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postal code level.

Content. We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the services you use. For example, if you receive an email using Outlook.com, we need to collect the content of that email in order to deliver it to your inbox, display it to you, enable you to reply to it, and store it for you until you choose to delete it. Examples of this data include: the content of your documents, photos, music or video you upload to a Microsoft service such as OneDrive, as well as the content of your communications sent or received using Microsoft services such Outlook.com or Skype, including the:

subject line and body of an email,
text or other content of an instant message,
audio and video recording of a video message, and
audio recording and transcript of a voice message you receive or a text message you dictate.

We also collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded. If you enter our retail stores, your image may be captured by our security cameras.

>Cherrypicking
That data is collected if you use Microsoft SERVICES, aka, if you use a microsoft Account.
Try again.

Tips fedora.

>What is a local account
You cannot be THIS retarded, right?
That apply only to microsoft services, like, the microsoft account, bing, hotmail, outlook, etc etc

Same shit that stopped Windows Vista/7 games from running on XP and the same shit that stopped XP games from running under 98/95/ME, dependencies.

I don't think any of the attempts to port platform specific libraries to previous versions of Windows were ever that successful. Especially DirectX.

>picture
You can't deny there isn't some level of incest going on in that family.

All the games for windows 10 only look like shit. If anything of worth comes out I'll set up a dualboot. Until then I'm staying on 7 because it works.

>we have decided to extend the free upgrade period, so make sure you take advantage of it :^)
Calling this now.

>Microsoft collecting data sent through their services
What is wrong with this?

also if you're running win8 you're already being "spied" on, so just upgrade

Yes, we all know that Microsoft was legally required to expand their EULA to cover all the shit that was already being done.

>subject line and body of an email
No shit, if you use Microsoft's email client it saves the content of your email.

This shit right here has made me completely opposed to switching to Windows 10 in the near future, I have never seen a company so fucking desperate to get their new OS to be the hit new thing like M$ has with Win10.
Also there's literally nothing worth playing on it yet.

>Windows Store only available on legit Windows 10 copies

SOURCE
REQUIRED

>Supporting an OS that will clearly be jewed up and turned into an anti-user App-Store platform once the "free upgrade ;)" honeymoon period is over like some sort of gullible fucking sheep.

Why?

Who wouldn't want to fuck the Don?

> daughter can't love her father past the age of 8

Fuck off libcuck

Good luck. Denuvo appears to be taking over

The spying is also on 7. So yeah, no reason to not use an objectively better OS.

>Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access
You cannot, literally, LITERALLY, cannot defend this.

Hi Trevor, how's the show going?

You sure showed him, man.

Please be bait.

>it's free
>just do it
>god what's wrong with you
>please
>just fucking do it you luddite
>I dont want to be alone
>what do you mean I cant think of a single good reason you should upgrade, just fucking do it jesus

Misery loves company

Just uninstall KB3035583 goddamn, no one can be that retarded to just google that and remove the notification in 5 minutes.
>Microsoft Store games
>Denuvo
This is a windows 10 thread you know user.
Read the thread retard

Go on, defend it.

>not blocking MS ip's in your router

You deserve to be spied on.

>because of a false sense of security

It's not because of security, it's because of privacy. Just like I wouldn't instal cameras all around my house (bathroom bedroom included) and give access to them to random company, just like I won't instal Win10.

If they'll drop telemetry and ads, I'll use it.
If not, I'll just use Win7 ot Win8 without telemetry updates till I can, then switch to linux.

Don't you need a microshit account if you want to use win10 store? All the *also available on pc* games aint just gonna pop up in steam, you know.

No if you pirate the games, duh, why are you so dense user?

You're complaining that Microsoft stores the password to your Microsoft account on its servers. I'm curious as to how you think passwords work.

>it's because of privacy
you got something to hide user?

Wasn't there some shit about W10 recognizing pirated stuff on your PC and deleting it without permission?

what are you talking about. you could play halo 2 on xp.

OK, fair enough.

Yes. So does everyone else on the planet. What I do on my PC is nobody else's business.

>Windows 10

You would need brain damage to use that shit, why would anyone on Sup Forums- oh...

>uninstall updates

Its like you think we're stupid Microsoft. We know all the quirks that used to work on previous versions are obsolete now.

>ads
I'm on 10 right now, please tell me where I can find these ads because I'm curious.

>telemetry
All software now collects telemetry data. Have fun with the future.

They can do it, its on the Eula, but so far, they haven't done shit.
They just uninstall incompatible software that use bad kernel drivers, but I have been using everyting pirated no problem, even quantum break.

If they didn't force it down my throat I'd consider it

I only feel bad about not being able to play Sea of Thieves. But it might be shit so we'll see.

Can Windows 10 actually:

>detect pirated games
>delete programs without my consent
>sense when I'm emulating and fuck shit up
>call the cops if I watch Yuru Yuri?

no

Wait wait wait, if you have a pirate W10 you can't access window store?
Games are literally the only reason I'd ever upgrade to W10, if I can't play them I'm sticking with my pirate W7.

>winstore
Nigga if I can install Steam I have more than enough

>shaming tactics on Sup Forums

Here Microcuck, do us all a favor.

Only retards that leave automatic updated active get that, aka, retards who really need it.
>No
>Yes (They delete software that use bad kernel drivers like speccy some time ago)
>No
>No

You can access the store with a pirated copy.

>Theyl'l offer it as long as your willing to accept it
New to Microsoft products, huh?

You can't, where the fuck do you get that you won't be able to access it?
Have you read the entire thread? You can even pirate windows store games.

Any security expert will tell you it's a really, really bad idea to actually record passwords themselves. What you want to store is the result of encrypting the password using an encryption method which is designed to not be reversible.

Protip: If any any service or website you sign up to can actually tell you what your password is instead of only allowing you to reset it it means they store your password and are therefore incompetent when it comes to security.