OI OI WE GOT A DOWNER OVER HERE LADS

OI OI WE GOT A DOWNER OVER HERE LADS

what the fuck is this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_K5ol8_Bi-o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Happy_Few_(video_game)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could this be Brave New World the video game? If so I'm down for it.

An ignorant game that tries to look like so edgy.

OI WOT THE FUCK M8, YOU BETTA TAKE YE PILLS BEFORE U KNOCK YER BLOCK OFF LAD.

Fuck off

>he didn't pay his TV license

IS THAT YE LAST CROWN...?

HEH HEH HEH....

INTA' THA SEWAH' IT GOES! LOOKS LYKE YER GONNA BE WERKIN IN ME LINEN SHOPE FER 15 YEAHS TA PAY THAT OWF.

did he trigger you?

Another half-baked dystopia concept with no subtilty or a particularly interesting commentary.
I'm not even talking about gameplay...

Seems like a fun idea. Why do people hate fun new ideas?

Looks like Bioshock Infinite, are we getting a sequel? Because we need more SFM WEBMs of Elizabeth.

>he expressed an opinion online
>he didn't pray to Allah today
>he didn't let the towelheads fuck his daughter

Calm down guys, its just a shitty procedurally generated rouge-like

youtube.com/watch?v=_K5ol8_Bi-o

It's a weird mishmash of dystopian literature. Joy is obviously a reference to Soma and the protagonist's job censoring newspapers is straight out of 1984.

Looks really good but try and get the autists obsessed with posturing as knowing better than anyone else that make up 85% of the population here to admit that.

Looks really great honestly. Good blend of horror and morbid humour.

>get the autists obsessed with posturing as knowing better than anyone else that make up 85% of the population here
What a fucking chore of a sentence.

>make shitty bioshock ripoff
>NEW IDEA XD

>bioshock ripoff

wut

bioshock is completely different though

>>make shitty bioshock ripoff
>DYSTOPIAN SOCIETIES WERE INVENTED BY BIOSHOCK GUISE XD

aside from the aesthetic, it doesn't seem to have much in common

soma like the drug? because it seems more to be an anti-depressant than that. unless im missing a reference youre making

Looks pretty cool, I have no idea why so many people are shitting on it.

>A huxlian/orwellian dystopia is the same as a randian dystopia
You can't make this shit up
Your ilk is holding games back

yes the drug in brave new world.
it's the same thing as joy.

>edgy is bad meme

>joy

I remember watching an early access on this and it was interesting but the gameplay didn't have much to offer. I'm hoping it's gotten better.

>I'm down
GET 'IM LADS

youve been trying to be a special snowflake with your shitty indie game for over 24 hours give it a fucking rest mate.

Yet another example of why these people are writing for video games and not tv or films.
It's going to be a hodgepodge of half baked ideas all stolen from books they read in high school English

>for over 24 hours
It's been a lot longer than that.

I see, was just confused since there's an actual drug called soma that is a muscle relaxant. Would be neat if they named it that because of that.
Is it a good read? been a while since I've had a good book

>WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CUNT

>24 hours
35 years

One of those rare moments when a book is both essential and a good light read, read it.

Read Brave New World and 1984 one after the other, they're both very different dystopias and are both very interesting.

Also Soma is a drug in Brave New World that everybody takes to stay happy.

It's litereally 1984 the game

Its like im back in English 101

You say it as if it was a bad thing

It's not a new idea. It's just a different setting.

you guys know it's been out in EA for quite a while right? You can find it on KAT

But does it have Eurythmics?

DUDE THE PINATA'S A REAL ANIMAL LMAO

NEW HALLOWEEN COSTUMES CONFIRMED

>"Oi! I heard you made an Islamophobic tweet!"

>THE PINATA WAS A REAL CRITTER
who could have seen that coming

That's it. I'm calling the police.

Thanks for that.

This might get my vote for best of E3. It looked like Brave New World meets Bioshock. At first I thought it might have been a new Bioshock.

Another pseudo-intellectual and cynical comment by someone trying to make themselves feel smarter than something for self-validation.

>subtilty

kek

I didn't. When they revealed the entire thing about the effect of Joy being an entire gameplay element with hallucinations to boot I was pleasantly surprised.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Happy_Few_(video_game)

The gameplay seems a bit lacking from what I've seen so far and the plot a tad cheesy, but I like the setting, and that you can push people over.

Is this the first game ever featuring a protagonist with down syndrome?

Its not

Its a shitty pathologic ripoff that has absolutely nothing new

Nothing new gameplay wise, graphics are yet another fucking shitty watercolor high contrast pseudo artistic BioShock infinite tier ripoff, setting looks like another generic shitty "muh individualism snowflake" garbage narrative for redditors to compare to 1984 and brave new world (in an attempt to look cultured) because they and the developers have never read anything else

Fuck this shitty game it is the vampire weekend of games in how it is both inoffensive and pseudo intellectual / genericness thinly veiled by stuff people call "artsy" for.. some reason.

I would play a vidya adaptation of Crispin Glover's "What Is It?" especially if they could get Fairuza Balk back.

so, like everyone else who says this shit you've never read it then. I bet you think Fahrenheit 451 is about censorship too.

Terrible tryhard pseudo-intellectual validation seeking post.
If you want to feel smart pursue higher studies instead of being an elitist prick on Sup Forums of all places.
Most of the people you're being condescending with are not even 20.

Because they don't know any better man. There are people on Sup Forums who legitimately seem to think bioshock invented the dystopia. The vast majority of people don't read at all, let alone reading anything that could be considered a classic. The devs are making a game that will have appeal and garner sales, they're not trying to paint the Sistine chapel.

>randomly generated survival game
extreme red flag right there. the setting is nice at least, but it really seems like it's a lot more similar Sir, You Are Being Hunted than Pathologic.

>Your ilk
>Holding games back
>Implying this game is anything special
>Implying games have any sense of "progress" to begin with

So this IS the type of media that attracts people who for some reason believe their generic easily marketable taste is above others for some reason

Why is it always, every time gonna be one that features generic watercolor graphics and pseudo intellectual "muh individualism" that just copies 1984?

I actually didn't.

a feminist future

Ok stop arguing for a sec.

The devs say they want this game to be "endlessly replayable," hence the decision to go with a procedurally generated environment.

But to me, it looks like the only options are "full on combat stealing food to live" or "stealth stealing food to live".

I can't bring myself to watch that obnoxious cunt Jacksepticeye, but has anyone seen any other gameplay videos with anything other than those two ways of playing? Because otherwise I doubt strongly that this game will have a lot of replay value.

I like the setting of the game, but I'm doubting it will keep me playing without something more to offer. Can't you get a job and play through that way, or something?

You didn't hear the squishy, fleshy sound when they were hitting the pinata?

>it's a "dystopian civilisation that hinges on a mind altering drug" episode

>Ur a psseudxD

Nothing I said in any form implied I was an intellectual

Before throwing buzzwords around learn their meaning kek

IT'S A METAPHOR, STOP BEING HITLER

Namedropping relentlessly does you tryhard child.

I argued with an user yesterday about being an actual setting instead of just an aesthetic. Apparently Watch Dogs isn't Cyberpunk despite being about rebellious hackers fighting da corporations in a technology dominated world because there's no 80's sci-fi fashion.

This simply doesn't attract plebs, simple as that

>Calling me a child

Wow, you sure are mature, you've established you're older than me and that I'm a child

Not name-dropping anything KEK. Everyone is comparing it nonstop to those two titles. Just look itt

Nah you just don't get it.

Oh my god fuck my phone, randomly deleting words and making me look stupid.
Cyberpunk is a kind of setting, it's not just an aesthetic.

>Doesn't attract plebs
>Its entire potential audience is comparing it to nothing but BioShock, dishonored, and 1984
>Is shilled by Microsoft

L O L

Oh boy, another ironic dystopian game.

I'm sure it will be unique and not a chore to play at all.

>making me look stupid
If you'd start proofreading you wouldn't get embarrassed.

So you just run around and people punch you?

I might argue with you on that one too, though I see where you're coming from. I don't know that much about Watch Dogs, but a key component of Cyberpunk as I understand it is the whole misery of the underclass thing. In Deus Ex for example we see all the homeless etc in Hell's Kitchen being contrasted with people wealthy enough to buy cybernetic bodies, same thing in Ghost in the Shell. I don't get that impression from Watch Dogs, or at least not to that extent, but maybe I'm wrong, as I said I don't really follow the series.

This game will attract nothing but Wes Anderson fans, ie people that think they're artistic but really aren't

The "cyber" in watch dogs is barely present and mostly concentrated on people of influence(antagonist,protagonist, etc.) while the "punk" part is nonexistent.

In a real cyberpunk series the "cyber" is part of everyone's lives, not just the special snowflake hacker MC. You don't hack a street robot and everyone runs for their lives, the robot gets hacked immediately by 5 other people in the vicinity while fighting simultaneously offline and online, with both code and bullets(or plasma/laser/electric shocks, whatever suits you)

The game actually really reminded me of the movie Equilibrium with christian bale.
I liked the movie, and as a story-oriented game it could be quite interesting.

It's an indepth look at the modern gaming society, where "downers" like Sup Forums who see the garbage lineups and panderings as what they really are, and they are ostracized and beaten with clubs by the world who say everyone should be happy and safe and never badmouth any game for its diversity.

>the police are mad because you aren't taking your happy pills
At least wait to finish your community college philosophy degree before trying to wake up the masses.

You're the first faggot that came here namedropping Pathologic though

Reminder that the target audience of this game is LITERALLY hacks like Jim sterling.

How new are you? You're defending this garbage so you must be a redditor. Pathologic is very popular on v

Sure thing.

from what i've gathered so far you have to manage three things

first two are hunger and thirst, water is easyish to find,

third one is suspicion, if you do weird things or break into homes, or if you're caught not being high on joy, people will hunt you down and punch you, like the guy in the video. Running raises suspicion, trying to talk to people at length raises suspicion.

seems kind of shallow right now since the only way to get food/water is by breaking and entering, and managing your suspicion seems pretty easy. I do like how you can push people though.

Nobody had mentioned it before ITT before you, that was the point I was replying to, learn to follow a reply chain before you call anyone new you inbred fuck

Stop playing so many then, The only ones I've Played are Bioshock1/2, Beneath a steel sky, Blade Runner, and I have no mouth and I must Scream

oh and you can lower suspicion by being high on joy (which makes everything look nice), but if you take too much joy you basically lose the game because you forget everything

from what i've seen, looks like a 3/5.

Why don't game designers make dystopian games based on REALLY dystopian books like the John Brunner America trilogy?

The Sheep Look Up would be an interesting game in itself. Trying to survive riots, Fascist US government, Terrorism and air pollution killing tons of people. Shit would be cool

but the game is anti-sjw, so how can it pander to him?

We ClockworkLibrium: 1984 Lottery Edition now.

woah this guy can click on responses!nn he must not be new

You're acting like anybody would be impressed by someone mentioning pathologic. So in probability you are a new redditor so I'm inclined to dismiss you now kek

Today is the day I live.

>muh 1984
>1960s + drugs + alt post ww2 history
Fuck off. If anything this gives me Clockwork Orange vibes.

It's a Clockwork Orange and High-Rise mixed with Bioshock, while being nowhere near as hardcore.

Its part of the new trend of pretending to be anti PC but really it strongly enforces it as it can only say offensive things "ironically"

Sterling is aassive shill of the game and supported its patreon