We want Resident Evil to be more like the classic games!

>We want Resident Evil to be more like the classic games!

>We want it to stay modern and be action packed

>LET'S RELEASE A FOUND FOOTAGE GHOST GAME

Who were they expecting to please with this?

Capcom cashing in on PT loving morons. It's brilliant.

>Who were they expecting to please with this?
Peoples who want an horror game.

Judging by the demo, they are going for RE4 style mad villager type enemies and threw some paranormal ghost shit in there, which I think is actually a good move since they totally fucked up the zombie stuff with RE6.

Obviously not people who wanted a Resident Evil game

Lazy cash in. Capcom being cheap?? Who knew.

That kind of crap thinking is why the industry stagnate

Selling a franchise, making it what its not, all to ride the coat tails of ANOTHER GAME prevents stagnation?

Resident Evil fans are the whiniest bitches I have ever known

>RE 5/6 are too action packed wahhhh we want survival horror where's the scares?

>Wahhhh Resident Evil VII looks stupid who are they trying to please with this

Game devs cannot win

Fuck I hate Sup Forums

Kids who like to watch youtubers playing horror hide and seek games. Too bad they watch letsplays and dont actually buy games.

I hope this shit tanks hard and we can finally go back to classic Resident Evil

Turning all 'horror games' (RE games were never that scary in the first place anyway) into first person hide from the monster games with jump scares is stagnation.

You're not the one to decide what's RE

>not liking spooky walking sims
Y mate?
Soma and Outlast were pretty good.

This game is nothing like what any past resident evil has been, it's not hard to look at something like resident evil 2 or REmake and fucking make something based off that, you're just gay and stupid to boot.

I think everyone agrees Ghosts and found footage is not RE. Only a blind person cant tell this is ripping off PT

>RE4-6 kiddies still crying than RE7 is going back to being a horror game

>RE games were never that scary in the first place anyway
That's your opinion you little bitch. They definitely tried and will keep trying to make RE scary.
>attack and gun controls
>Hide from monsters when you can
Yes this is RE.

They werent RE though

>Ghosts
>Found footage
>First person
>No returning characters
>Complete detached from the story
>Gameplay is not at all similar
"Yes this is RE"

Nothing wrong with ghosts after all the shit the franchise pulled of at this point.
What the fuck is your problem with found footage? Now the puzzles have to be the same? Fuck off

Just because your excited to watch pewdiepie and markiplier play the game and laugh at their facecam doesn't mean you have to get angry at me user.

Fuck off, REmake was survival horror done right.

It was a survival horror and also a resident evil.

This shit is neither. Literally an Outlast reskin.

>Nothing wrong with ghosts after all the shit the franchise pulled of at this point.
You mean how none of it was fucking supernatural?

>What the fuck is your problem with found footage?
Lazy and unappealing to look at. Paranormal Activity ruin horror for years

>Now the puzzles have to be the same?
How does that link to found footage you retard

Soma and Outlast are shit. Ayylmao is the only somehow decent horror hiding simulator and its probably due the fact that Giger/Ridley world is just fucking great. Not because of the genre.

If it tanks, I doubt the majority and Capcom would even care anymore. The franchise will just be laid to rest like their other IPs.

>Ghosts
You be scientifically explained by the virus. It's not as far fetched as zombies having intelligences and use guns, or everything in RE4
>Found footage
Autistic fuck
>First person
Code Veronica
>No returning characters
Alex, Spencer and Simons aren't? Idiot
>Complete detached from the story
Set after RE6
>Gameplay is not at all similar
Basically tank controls in first person, inventory, similar aiming. Also saying this after RE4/5/6 is hilarious

Stop being delusional and thinking you get to define what RE strickly is in your head canon. It's pathetic.

>RE7 is a 1st-person horror walking sim
Thanks Capcom

/x/

There are returning characters, though.

And documents are less lazy?
You're just a whinny little bitch who can accept interesting change. Keep asking for the same rehashed shit forever idiot.

Are the ghost really supernatural?
Forgot RE3.5 already? Mikami himself wanted this

The ghosts were most likely a hallucination brought on by the virus Leon was infected with.

>Ghost virus
Evil RE hasnt been that retarded dude. Souls flying around is a step beyond zombies, besides I think your referring to the Las Plagas parasytes, zombies dont use weapons.

>Code Veronica
Has an optional FPS aiming scheme no one uses.

>Set after RE6
Oh thats connected all right. Set after. Wow.

Why can't we just get something like RE 3.5 baka

GO TELL AUNT RHODY

How is the demo? Why won't anybody actually talk about the fucking demo. Its out. Im just at school right now.

EVERYBODY
EVERYBODY

>And documents are less lazy?
And well written stories are less lazy than boring FP jump scares?? yes

CHANGE ?? IN MY RE ???

RE NEVER CHANGED ITS NOT GOING TO START NOW

Mikami is a hack and The Evil Within (the returns to the roots of survival horror according to him kek) is proof of his hackyness.

>Forgot RE3.5 already? Mikami himself wanted this
Oh yeah. Thats why he cancelled it for "Not being Resident Evil"

So anyone who actually played the demo want to chime in or is everyone just going to shit post?

Do people think RE7 is actually going to be first person?

Its obviously just like that in the demo to get youtubers doing it and promote the game

>Stuck in a house with seemingly normal human people who want to kill you.

it's like capcom outsourced the game to people who had never heard of the series and thought it was literally about an evil resident.

It's really good and scary, but you can taste the p.t. influence

Its PT.

Ah yes, and as well all know, the fans have been just ecstatic about how it first changed to action. No ones asked for it to go back to being classic. Nope.

the cameraman gets aattacked by a zombie

there's a zombie getting up in the trailer

cameraman's friend gets infected

what the fuck do you want more

Its another youtuber LPer bait game. Five nights at Resident Evil

>me having played just about every RE
Resident Evil is a horror franchise?

also there's a photograph with an umbrella chopper on it

Its PT 2.0 or actually 1.0 since PT was cancelled. Literally youtuber bait.

A lazy Outlast reskin with even shittier graphics, terrible animations, shit characters, terrible faces, terrible textures and polygons.

It seems to be more horror focused, if by horror you mean walking simulators.

Resident Evil, not another Survivor style spin-off.

You mean in atmosphere, or gameplay? Because I didn't enjoy starring at random things to trigger events.

>Ask for non-shitpost replies
>Get a shit post.

You can't just control yourself for one second, can you?

Played it twice and I didn't care for it. I did like the grotesque kitchen, but that's about it.

looks like everyones gonna shitpost. You guys are stupid we barely know anything about this game that was JUST revealed yesterday.
Drawing ignorant conclusions left & right...

you have an inventroy and a clear goal

So this game was in development as another title and they slapped the resident evil name way into development right?

They are going for the P.T crown, have you been living under a rock?

It's their first e3 after finding Sup Forums, they'll learn.

I don't see the issue. In fact I find it extremely serendipitous that a canceled Silent Hill game is what inspired this change in Resident Evil.

I like the tone they went for in the demo. The puzzles were nice conceptually but need an actual payoff in the real game. Lastly, I still want resource management and the ability to choose fight or flight.

>Literally an Outlast reskin
>has only seen a 3 min trailer

This game was objectively made to cater to the PT audience and to shill VR. People wanted an actual good RESIDENT EVIL game, not a spooky walking simulator with the name slapped on it...

Are you retarded? The demo is 30 minutes long

The playstation VR took its first victim. How many other games will change and be shoehorned into that VR shit?

let's be honest here, capcom like to try new things with resident evil to see what sticks, it's how we ended up with devil may cry and also resident evil 4.

The main game is full of action. they showed a quick clip of the main character firing dual welding magnum revolvers against a group of zombies in first person.

I don't think the demo is going to be that indicative of the actual game though. The only threat in the demo is a scripted death scene. Once we see gameplay that shows the player character interacting with enemies while they are in control then I think we can make a better judgment call. As it stand we don't know if the main game will have guns or other ways to defend yourself. The demo lets you get an axe but there isn't much use for it when there are no enemies.

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the case with all new survival horror games...they are going to try and resurrect the genre and then kill it even harder.

I'm willing to guarantee VR will be at the center of the new system shock remake

System Shock is already a first person series so it's a natural fit.

The new age of horror fans. Doesn't matter if you think if its shit or not the truth your getting old

look, nothing is wrong with ghosts and shit. i think we would have all liked to play resident evil 3.5 but they are obviously just trying to get the kids who watch youtubers and twitch people play flavor of the month spooky game.

Are they using the Biohazard name in the west now?

You do know that, like PT, the TEASER doesn't actually portray how the game will play out, right?

It even says "BEGINNING HOUR", implying that the demo takes place a little prior to an outbreak of sorts

Im 23. Sorry I dont like the revival of the Blair Shit Project. It ruined horror then, its ruining horror now

This
teaser is just to set the tone and drum up interest, which it does well

That snot was comedy gold though

and yet it matches the trailer.

The name Resident Evil is taken from the mansion of the first game. An evil residence. So these people would actually know more about the series than you do.

What does the fucking dummy finger do?

Stop posting shitheead.

Sorry i thought it was Biohazard, a series about biological hazards and weapons that want to kill the player.

Biohazard. As in biologically created hazards.

That's not why it's called that my man.

What the fuck does "found footage" mean with respect to a video game?

It's literally a PT clone. That's all it is. Capcom has been wanting to turn RE into a Silent Hill clone since RE4. Go look at the canned version of RE4. It was just a Silent Hill clone. Now they're trying again, but now they're cashing in on the PT hype.

It means we want to profit with kids and youtubers, but kids watch the youtubers play, they dont buy games.

>Making a horror game for the shitty VR gimmick Sony is launching
>Unghh, this looks like shit...we better call it resident evil so we can scam some fucktards

I have zero expectations for this but horror to me is having the ability to fight back but not wanting to at the same time, fight or flight reflex.

This is just walking simulation and being slightly afraid. Maybe when more is shown off then I'll change my opinion.

guess I'm the only person in this world which

>liked RE1
>found RE2 boring as fuck and played it with muted sounds and Cubanate's Skeletals on the background
>kinda liked RE3 but after fetching everything dumped it
>finally stopped to give a fuck about RE ignoring Zero,Veronica and the shit that followed

>Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Yes it is.

the demo hints at combat since you can get a weapon though there's nothing to fight, and the menu has an option for aim assist.

Biohazard: a biological or chemical substance or situation that is dangerous to human beings and the environment.

And when Capcom wasn't allowed to use the name Biohazard in the west because of a heavy metal band from Brooklyn, they named the localized series after a house.

It was the localisation team. They called it that as a joke.

I wonder how modern kiddies Will react to vhs tapes?

People wanted an RE game?

L O L

VHS tapes that somehow come from a fucking Gopro since he isnt holding a camera

You need to remeber capcom is a company that is always hilariously out of touch with what fans want. For RE they just looked at "current" trends. So they went from
"We want the military shooter audience"
To
"We want the pewdiepie audience"

>vhs tapes?
What IS this?

>HAY GUIZE, IT'S YA BOI FAGANON420 HERE
>TODAY WE GONNA BE PLAYING SOME RESIDENT EVIL 7.
>NEVER PLAYED THE OTHER ONES BEFORE BUT MY SUBS LITERALLY WON'T STOP RECOMMENDING IT TO ME AND SAYING IT'S REALLY SCARY, SO LET'S PEEP THIS OUT

That's who. It's all a fucking cynical ploy.