Where were you when Pokemon was casualized into oblivion

Where were you when Pokemon was casualized into oblivion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9Ojd6FzTaEM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>/vp/

>bracelet peripheral confirmed

At home in 1998,
It's always been casual user.

I was like 10 and Gold and silver came out.

Bubble, ember, etc. Were literally just a waste of time.

Holy fuck, grade school was the tightest shit.

Isn't it great to not have to use your brain at all?

isn't that why people play it?

>normal
>effective

wat

I think I was on the first grade in school when it first came out, why?

I long for the days in which I wasn't blindingly self conscious of myself and my actions.

This is actually normal in most RPGs, I'm surprised it took Pokemon 20 years to implement such a basic feature.

Op is bitching that the 3 measures of how hard you hit, are now given to you before you even attack.

No more having to learn, guess or try to understand things.

You can have it again, its called confidence you pathetic shit.

What RPGs? In most games where you have a frost bolt, and a fire elemental you just have to figure it out for yourself by casting it.

no matter how much confidence you have it will not bring back the feeling of blissful ignorance.

Parrots can memorize things, it's not exactly proof of great skill or intellect.

SMT games come to mind.

Weve had the type info. Honestly it's easy as fuck to memorize anyways the strategy in Pokemon is more about making a good team. But yeah, could have done without the change.

it'll have a toggle

most RPGs don't have like 15 elements and Gym Shoe type attacks be super effective against Needled Tree Type pokemons

When was Pokemon ever not casual?

Yes, as in "not super effective nor not very effective".

>guessing
wait, do people actually do this?

When you played with the cards, by the official rules.

>A game designed to sell small toys to children
>Not casualised

Pick one.

When I was a child Pokemon was a hardcore game for hardcore gamers such as myself just me and my bro Charizard with a level 2 Pidgey for Fly grinding the Elite 4

You know Pokemon is a kid's game, right?

It's okay when Nintendo does it!

>No more having to learn, guess or try to understand things.
People haven't learned the type chart by trial and error in 15 years, grandpa. It's not meant to be a secret.
Do you also complain when a Street Fighter game contains a reference for combo inputs?

>that battle royale

So it ends to moment someone dies? What's stopping me from bringing in an Electrode for an instant self destruct win?

I meant the Pokemon video games.

Golly, it's almost like Pokemon is a game marketed towards kids!

I thought it was once someone lost all three Pokemon.

Note: The game only gives this to you after you've fought a pokemon before (thus putting it in your pokedex).

Not that ANY discussion about this feature is relevant to the Sup Forums audience because they've either memorized various type weaknesses or just fucking google it anyway if they're unsure. Are you going to pretend you experimented with Fairy type and didn't just pull up a wiki page?

So in 1995?

You can have up to 3 pokemon.

>streamlining features that were already there
>making the negative status effects actually visible
>bad things

Yes, it was so fun remembering how many times a pidgey threw sand attack at me.

In SMT the data for new enemies is unknown and effectiveness is recorded once you figure it out. This seems like you don't have to do any work at all.

IT DOESNT GIVE INFO UNTIL YOU'VE FOUGHT THE POKEMON BEFORE

*Where were you when Pokémon got rid of a bunch of unnecessary artificial difficulty?

Ignorance is over rated, its about being strong enough to face and handle your issues and move forward. Once you've done this anyone who hasn't you'll understand to be childish and smaller minded. You're stuck in the limbo between ignorance and strength.

>it's a Sup Forums pretends to know shit about Pokémon episode
Are you retarded? It ends when someone loses all three Pokémon. Besides, Explosion is fucking garbage now and Electrode couldn't kill jackshit with it even before it was garbage.

When Zero Isle North.

>Rival picks the starter WEAKER to your starter type

>No more having to learn, guess or try to understand things.
they said it only tells you after you've already seem them once

Was it marketed towards adults before?

>Pound effective
>POUND

how is that more casual than play with the bulbapedia page like you do?

So 3 Electrodes?

You're thinking too hard about it. SD would count as a kill for myself right? So if I just blow up 3 of them wouldn't that be an instant win?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I HATE OPTIONAL THINGS. HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT!

The only time that you had to guess/learn was 20 years ago user everyone knows types now it's not a fucking secret.

I'm only talking about the main line Pokemon games.

>b-b-buh it's a kids' gayme and had always been
It just proves that modern kids are far more casual than we were back then.

It obviously wouldn't, retard. What a ridiculous fucking assumption to make.

Boy it sure is a good thing I'm playing a better series then

The first to die is last place.

>SD would count as a kill for myself right?
No? Why on earth would that happen? When does killing yourself in a video game ever count as a kill? What the fuck

I always forget if fairy hits dark or ghost super effective.

This only shows up for pokemon you have in the dex. Though we'll see how multiplayer will handle it, since every kid won't have the 'tism to fill out the dex.

You can normally bring in 3. Whoever gets the most KOs + most mons left wins. Basically means speed will rule it and everyone will try to snipe off low health players.

kek

Pic clearly unrelated.

>Pokemon
>casualized
when was pokémon not casual?

Is this seriously a comparing Pokemin fans have? It's fucking Pokemon, only autistic want the game to be "challenging." Besides it make no difference you already know the weaknesses so this is just a small note

>it's casual now

Did you go back and replay RBY when it was rereleased on VC? I did, you fucking break that game in half on your knee with minimal effort.

You are a stupid fuck. Gen 1 was barebones as fuck. You can't even compare the two.

How does this even matter? Surely you already know your Water attack will hurt the opponent's Fire-type Pokémon more than your Pokémon's Ice Beam would?

Fucking great, every pokemon type should be obvious just by looking at them but then we get shit like Solrock, all the new fairy, and shit like that. Fuck it this is good.

How is that anything bad? It's a helpful feature in a game with 20 types that some times interact weirdly

Fire Emblem?

>since every kid won't have the 'tism to fill out the dex.

Autism has nothing to do with it, it's literally impossible to complete the dex by just playing the game.

This.

You keep spoon feeding them like this and they'll grow up expecting all games to be this mindless.

Some people are still trying to wrap there head around fairies

Calm down sperg

>autist faggots complaining over nothing

Battle royal ya faggets

youtu.be/9Ojd6FzTaEM

Pokemon has always been casual
If you were looking for a challenge then maybe you should play an RPG not catered to children

I was goona post something long and elaborate but fuck it.
tl;dr: Streamlining. It kills vidya.

And just like SJWs who feel empowered in college, that illusion is shattered when they come in contact with reality.

Pokemon is nearly as casual as it gets dipshit, who fucking cares.

First grade. When pokemon red and blue came out.

You can fully complete the National dex with only ORAS and XY though. Event Pokemon don't count towards completing it.

But in your heart you know, you didn't really catch them all.

Thoughts?

Yooooo

Its literally impossible to catch them all.
Literally.

>OH MAH GUD ONE GAME SERIES DOES THIS THING THAT TOTALLY ABSOLUTELY MEANS ALL GAMES WILL DO THIS THING AND ALL THE DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN BACK IN MY DAY UPHILL BOTH WAYS IN SNOW CARRYING A HORSE NO SHOES HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER ARE SUCH TOTAL SCRUBS NOT AMAZING HARDCORE ELITE TOURNEYFAG LIKE ME VIDEO GAMES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS GET OUT OF MY HOBBY!!!

Haven't played since GSC
Did they make it so that it actually tells you what a move does before you delete something else for it yet?

if you don't know what types are effective against what by now, then you're just an idiot

Yes.

But what people are bitching about here is that it seems to be saying that it tells you what has STAB damage

Looking forward to seeing Grubbin turn into a Kamen Rider when he evolves.
>By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!

And Yungoos' ability sounds cool.
>Some Yungoos have an Ability that no other Pokémon discovered has previously had. This Ability is known as Stakeout. With the Stakeout Ability, this Pokémon’s moves can deal twice the normal damage to any Pokémon that switch in or enter the field mid-battle.

What about newer players, why should they be stripped of all the selffinding stuff and learning the basics themselves and you know other fun stuff like that?

Casualizing an already casual series for children is fucking retarded

>deal with the population of a certain other pokemon

what did they mean by this?

fuck them

>for children

Not for you, thirty-year-old retard who already knows this shit by heart and memory so why the fuck does it bother you AT ALL?

>what the sage learns is to unlearn
>>>/git gud/

Killing them while they fuck.

HEIL