Has anyone tried the demo for Resident Evil 7 yet? I'm pretty stoked on the direction they are going...

Has anyone tried the demo for Resident Evil 7 yet? I'm pretty stoked on the direction they are going. Since Konami cancelled Silent Hills its nice to see Capcom do their own thing with their idea. Its the first time I've played a RE game and actually felt tension and fear since RE 3 and this time it felt better honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qdgg5MlmQ90&feature=youtu.be

I've gotten a few different endings. Like the one with the phone call about choices and the photo of the helicopter. Was that the Umbrella logo on the chopper? It seems like a throw back to an old game idk why.

AND DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THAT DUMMY FINGER IS FOR?!??!! JESUS CHRIST!

PT had a lot of crazy shit that took people a little while to figure out. I have hope this game does too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/drDeaMPUocs
youtube.com/watch?v=6WH0qoxbw1A
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I played it three times, but got tired of trying new shit.
Same as PT, gonna have to wait for somebody with more patience/smarts than me to solve it and then try the same they've done.

What is axe for ?

Nobody knows yet, though you can destory the boxes and the mannequin on the third floor.

I tried it on everything, including boarded up doors and the carcasses near the door.

I tried to play it, too spooky for me. It was the same with PT, I can't play that shit
I guess my journey ended with 6, oh well

Really nigga?

I played it. While I did like the grotesque stuff in the kitchen, I just didn't care too much for it.

There's a demo?

did anyone notice the guy in the photo in the first room is the same guy who punches you?

And whats up with that lady saying you have a choice??

There's something about first person that makes it horrible for me. I just started the first tape and stopped playing

yesir for ps+

Where is it in the store? I cant find it

I don't really like horror games since I get nauseous as fuck for the dark colors/ambiance and spooked.
But hey, if this means that people get good games and that devs are going to move away a little from blatant cash grabs like RE6, I'm all for it. Plus it looks pretty damn good graphically and it would help to revive the franchise

Good for Capcom to be polishing up their games and smart move to take what PT did since they went full retard.

i think its well done, do you usually not like first person games?

You gotta go to free and then its in demos. you may be able to search for it

agreed hopefully they don;t fuck it up too

Oh it might be well done, I didnt mean the game was bad. I play fps games with no problems but when it comes to horror first person camera I cant play it. If any of the RE games had first person mode I'd be afraid of playing it, even though I've finished them many times

alright, got it, thanks bro.

oh i see hahaha! yeah its pretty intense

I guess the Residents were really evil this time

>got scarredy scared pooo skellys everywhere

Go end yourself

LOL omg haha
is biohazard in japan pleb

It's a joke you autistic cock goblin

im cultured not autistic. lolol

How the hell do you use the finger doll ,I know it's a key and I went to kitchen there's a drawer that needs a key but I can't open it,did you guy know about the quick ending?
youtu.be/drDeaMPUocs

So is this zombies or ghosts like in RE4 prototype?

Is there combat in this game? I hate Amnesia-type games where you can't even fight back.

Please, do yourself a favor and cut your wrists open.

Umbrella is still a thing.
Also the ending showed off a zombie or some kind of infected.

neither. seems like a live person to me....at least one of them is...and no combat in the demo but there probably will be in the game.

What the fuck is PT?

there is a photo of a helicopter with the umbrella logo on it. on the back it says "Are they watching us from that helicopter" or something.

i think it stood for playable teaser. it was the silent hill demos. RE is basically ripping it off but its okay cause silent hills was cancelled so they are basically answering our crys.

What is 100% correct.
You been living under a rock or some shit? It was huge news everywhere last year.

Silent Hills demo (P.T stood for playable teaser). Anyway you can't play it anymore since Sony removed it from the store, you can watch a LP of the game in YouTube though. Pretty spooky.

IMO im surprised this demo isnt bigger news. Everyone wanted something like silent hills now we are getting it. Just missing Hideo but hes got his own stuff going on that looks quite interesting

And especially Allison Road was cancelled.

Thanks for the info.

I don't have a PS4 yet, i was going to buy one in march, but since i heard they were going to make a high end ps4 i'm waiting on that.

I did see the silent hill teaser, it was great, i didn't know that PT stood for it, the Silent Hill demo looked better than this one.

Why was that cancelled?

Konami will never do anything with Silent Hill again will they?

Ah i remember hearing about that. It was only a matter of time...
I would agree PT looked better but not by a whole lot for me. But it is capcom so maybe i shouldn't get my hopes up..

Money. It's always money mate.
Remember that 80s space game? Lunar software or something?

Yeah... no news about that one either.

and sadly all the crowed funding goes to the tards and scammers.

There's an aim assist option in the menu, so it's safe to assume there are guns, you cna also get an axe in the demo, but there are no opportunities to fight an enemy with it.

Hillbilly man is the main enemy but there is a zombie and a ghost, but you can't interact with either.

where is zombi and ghost?

I think the zombie is the thing you see at the end when the camera fucks up.
As for the ghost I haven't seen it yet.

how many jumpscare are in the demo?

I think the zombie is just the hillbilly guy, but ghost is a girl you can see for like 2-3 frames and then she disappears. She shows up at different places. The staircase, as you descend down the ladder in the video world she appears, the room with the dolls hanging in it, and I think she appears also in the kitchen in the rafters? Its very easy to miss her when she shows up.

youtube.com/watch?v=6WH0qoxbw1A

You mean Routine? Yeah, last news were in December.

play it to find out trust me

does hillbilly mean bash you when it reads "dash you" is that engrish?!

A handful. That's mostly what's spooky about it. It doesn't capture the overall terrifying sense of dread that PT had.

Do we need two threads on this ?

I thought resident evil was about mutants and zombies and not ghosts and the hills have eyes?

To unlock the kitchen drawer. Duting the tape, find a lockpick near the microwave and use it on the drawer. You get an axe

This thread is older and people are finding out new shit to talk about related to it.

Do we need so many overwatch threads? Do we need so many nintendo threads?

Fuck off

I mean the very first fucking game had sharks and spiders as enemies.
This shit still has zombies and umbrella in it so expect some kind of weird grotesque transforming hillbillies.

>paying for ps+
Not supporting double internet payments per month cancer.

I'm glad that they seem to be doing something new, and trying to fill the void pt left in our hearts.

Doesn't hold a candle to pt but it's still good.

I don't see a lockpick

On the floor, between furniture. On the videotape section.

gtfo gtfo

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON

By "videotape section" do you mean the room with the VCR?

I've got the back door key and the dummy finger. What do?

NO DADDY NO

>RE is now silent hill
what happened?

Capcom does what Konami don't

I GUESS THE HAZARDS WHERE BIO THIS TIME

No, by literally playing the section once you find the VHS. How far into did you get? Use the tape on the VCR. Play that sequence.

Oh, I didn't know you could get items during that sequence

yeah you can find the lock pick and then yo uuse it during the sequence to unlock the drawer

This nigga trying everything the chat can think of

tuitch /furrywulfz

Awesome. Thank you

You can also leave some drawers open for you to use outside the VHS bit

>there are ghosts in the game

I fucking quit. Resident Evil is fucking dead.

Is there even combat in this? Or is it literally just another PT/Outlast clone?

It has Aim Assist in the options. Take that how you will.

You can equip an Axe and the game promps a dialogue to "Attack" with a certain button when you acquire it.

I noticed that but I figured it was just a tool for solving puzzles or something.

Is that how you get the fuse?

Fuse is in the present, just go straight for the crawlspace.

To get the fuse you have to open the secret door first, before you play the tape. When you do this, that room only has the fuse on a box/table. After the VHS video the key to the first quick ending appears.

??????????

It looks terrible, and boring.

Who are these characters?

Where is Chris, etc?

Can we get a story? Oh, ok, some random song with slow movement in a house. Shit I'm stoked.

Where the fuck are we?

Why should I care about any of this?

Ghosts, really? RE4 beta anyone? Mikami even said then that ghosts weren't Resident Evil, NOW they're going that route?

Oh boy, stuff knocked over, spooky ghosts for a few frames. Basic horror 101 crap.

Why not zombies banging on the windows and doors, and a sense of fear for you to find a weapon and escape, or figure what the hell is going on?

Nope, open pot lids and get spooked.

Fuck Capcom, this is terrible.

>posts a game that was never released

All of the enemy design in that shit was horrible because they just pumped test enemies out without any actual regard to the game's themes. It was literally just to test the game.

Thats why that game never came out. They decided ghosts was retarded

the lockpick is on the ground, tucked away in a crevice between the fridge and microwave

Thanks.

So I haven't got to play the Demo but watched it a little.

Is 'Clancy' the cameraman the same guy that you are when you wake up at the beginning?

Or two different people?

Autism

Autism =/= having standards

I bet you thought RE6 was GOTY and best in series, huh?

It looks bad and you're mad

We don't know, probably a different guy imo, if i recall correctly, the clothes are different but Clancy seems to get captured, no way he'd get to get some clean ones and come back here to be a part of the family.

Do you ever prep?

are there any resident evil characters in the demo? any mention of them at least?

It'll be great if it has combat, if it's an another Amnesia clone, RE is dead to me.

Nothing. You play as the Ghost Adventures team and get punched by psycho Christopher Lloyd in the end.

The last good RE was 3, but I am not gonna have a hissy fit over a fucking videogame you turbonerd.

I was really excited for RE7. Im a little woried now. The entire demo is 1st person too right?

Yeah. No combat, slow movement, click stuff to find. It's literally Ghost Adventures except Nick and Aaron are killed, and you as Zak get punched.

Looks fucking amazing, lemme tell you.