Vanilla WoW

>You will never be 10 years younger
>You will never participate in a 3 hour WSG match
>You will never participate in a 24 hour Alterac Valley match
>You will never fight in a Southshore/Tarren Mill raid
>You will never ask around in Iron Forge chat for a DM group
>You will never bond with you online friends during a 5 hour LBRS dungeon run
>Your Guild will never disband because they keep wiping to C'thun
>You will never take part in an outdoor raid against Lord Kazzak, Green Dragons and Azuros
>You will never experience the opening of Ahn Qiraj

How does it feel to know that Vanilla WoW is never coming back Sup Forums?

>24 hour Alterac Valley match
The fuck nigga, where you from. This never happened

I honestly think vanilla wow is one of the best and most important games of all time. It is looking likely that we'll get official legacy servers tho.

>Studios won't just make a decent sandbox game

Not OP but:

Mate, Ive been in AVs that lasted for whole days. Did you really play vanilla?

You need to be at least 18 years old to post here champ.

there's plenty of sandbox games out now, just no sandbox MMOs because the audience is so niche that it's unprofitable in the longrun.

Setting my alarm clock to 4 am so I could farm thorium in peace.

I miss having shit tons of free time.

Yes it did. Some lasted for several days.
I've experienced all those things though.

How would anybody know the niche's popularity? There is a single sandbox MMO, and it fucks off players with 20y of skill queues.

it's not gonna have the playerbase to be worth it. a lot of people are just glad there's something to be righteous about after Nostalrius was shut down. these people are gonna lose their fervour for the thing at around level 10. the servers will be up for 6 months total and dead after 2 screen cap this

>user posts baseless implications
Wew.

>You will never be forced to cooperate with other people in an MMO to get the best loot ever again

vanilla sucked ballls

A sense of grief, and also relief
It sucked up so much time, but was fun

3 hour WSGs/several day long AVs were a massive pain in the ass, not fun
vanilla in general was fun but i wouldn't want to play it again

Had one last 76 hours on my realm

you suck balls

yes on my serv was days sometimes but day was common, it was fun to see this huge war n where it led. was tactical n fun.

I never went to ahn Qiraj but I did all of those other things and it was fucking horrible. Especially the battlegrounds and getting a dungeon group.

>You will never go 'WOAH' when you see a Grand Marshall/High Warlord

>24 hour
average duration on my server was 2 days and that was with horde being the underdogs

>You will never have stress dreams about naked Gnome Rogues stun-locking you, dancing, than killing you in an AV battle

Other than opening Ahn'Qiraj and Tarren Mill/actual world PVP, the rest of that shit got old really fucking quick. You'll also never have to deal with

>not being able to find groups for any of that shit
>40-man raid fight mechanics consisting of interrupt this spell to win or priest remove curse
>40-man raids still being utter garbage and the bottom 30 are carried by the top 10
>consistently wiping because aggro was wonky as shit and dps literally could not handle looking for a 3 on top of the sunder armor tooltip before popping all cds in the first 10 seconds of the fight
>everything that wasnt a warrior a priest or a mage being subpar
>everything being balanced around warrior priest and mage
>druids couldnt hurt anyone but a half-way decent druid was literally unfucking killable in pvp
>druid healing lol
>DKP
>having to grind 9001 hours for BoE world drops because they were BiS over raid epics because blizzard couldnt balance

The current world bosses are pretty much fucking identical, experience wise, to old world bosses, minus having to dredge your realm for hours on end to get a group together.

I do miss Reck-bombing motherfuckers, though.

Unless you actually just like terrible shit (who am I kidding, it's Sup Forums), Vanilla WoW was not a better game than it is now. It may have been a better sandbox social-club for NEET losers, but it wasn't a better game.

There were ones much longer than that. When I was 11 I played 2 hours of an Alterac valley match, handed the controls off to my dad (he played WoW all the way up to Cata, then quit) who then played 3 hours, I took it for 2 more hours, and the match still wasn't done.

>implying blizzard can't afford a loss for good pr

For real? Damn man. AV was pretty chill for me. It was like its own persistent zone where you could come home from school, hop into AV and go fish, talk to people, maybe kill a rogue trying to harass your NPCs etc. Then in a day or so they final push would come often with an elemental lord and you'd either win or go another day and the enemy would push and the match would pretty much be decided. It was cool - though hell if you were 51 and just wanted that damn Ice-barbed Spear. Such a great weapon.

>You will never be 10 years younger

whoa

>not being able to find groups for any of that shit
You instantly open with some retarded ass shit. Make some friends and join a guild, finding groups for anything becomes rarely ever a problem.

Just skimming through the rest of your post
>druid healing lol
Druids were incredibly good raid healers. At least 1-2 was standard in every 40 man.

>Vanilla WoW was not a better game than it is now.
You need to be at least 18 years old to post on Sup Forums.

All the battlegrounds and all I got was the title of 'Scout' though I was usually on the losing side.

>priest remove curse
you're totally fucking clueless

>priest remove curse
I wish I could, mages are shit at it

Play a private server

druids weren't that good to have until they changed it and allowed multiple hots of the same kind on a target, then people liked them otherwise priests were the champs for healing vanilla
I didn't ever raid as horde during vanilla so I dont know about shamans

>druids weren't that good to have until they changed it and allowed multiple hots of the same kind on a target
You don't need HoT stacking for 1-2 Druids to be amazing for raid healing, you just split up group assignments. You don't have a lot of experience with the game, do you?

I have only ever played Vanilla.

Is it true nowadays you LFG across all servers so you just level up by staying in a city and running dungeons? You don't need to physically fight mobs and go to the entrance?

unless you're down ranking all of your hots, you're going oom unless you waste the innervate on yourself instead of the priest doing the actual healing

i started raiding around the time bwl was released, it's been a while but pretty sure I've actually been there and not a private server with all the patches

I don't remember how many druids we ran with, around 1 or 2 probably but the only one was decent and was always outshined by everybody else. once said patch hit that I mentioned earlier (it was during naxx I believe) we stacked druids and priests because hots made everything easier, I remember particularly maexxna

Because there were many sandbox MMOs before and after WoW and they all died.

Now you're left with Oldschool Runescape private servers and EVE online.

Correct.

>unless you're down ranking all of your hots, you're going oom
Every healer downranks everything. Every healer goes oom very quickly. Innervate was used on either or, depending on who was more important for the particular encounter you were on. Druids were standard raid healers.

>you will never have nostalgia for a shitty theme park mmo

feels good

Is there any point to having 2 factions in WoW?

pvp

Only during vanilla world pvp, otherwise it's just for lore.

What are you smoking? Legacy servers have been confirmed.

>there were many sandbox MMOs before
>in 2004
>especially not since 2010
The implications are off the charts, user. Maybe try bringing an actual argument and statistics.

No they haven't. Just some fucks at Nost visited blizzard and implied it may have been more than pr but everybody with a brain knows it was just that, pr

Isn't PVP dead due to LFG battlegrounds? That was the only time horde and alliance get to interact on the same server.

Good
>WoW finally dies
>better MMO releases

MMOs are dead friend, there isn't anything new coming

You forgot Linkens boomerang, tidal charm, engineering reflectors, gnomish death ray, magic dust, rocket boots, mithril insignia, mithril boots, spider belt, goblin rocket helmet and Death Grips. If you don't know what these are you don't know shit about Vanilla and you're the cancer that killed PvP.

There's no WPvP because there's no reason to be in zones.

There's still plenty of action on servers that have decent faction ratios. ED has raids into Stormshield abundantly.

>mfw people can now get "replica" grand marshal gear despite not even being born when vanilla was released

I thought the armor and weapons weren't able to be transmogged

What's an actual crime is bringing back the titles

As a vanilla player; in my opinion the feeliest feel is:

>you will never experience the level 1 - 60 journey on vanilla again (on your first character)

Oh but it can come back. I don't even miss being young. I don't miss not having any problems in my life. I don't miss having no uncertainity in my future.

But I do fucking miss vanilla, I do miss STV where it's kill or be killed, I do miss glorious worldboss fights, I do miss charging through a crowd of enemy players just to reach the raid entrance and I do miss actually making friends in game just because I help them kill that nasty-ass rogue. And I miss all of those things most of all because I experienced them 3 months ago, on Nostalrius. And now they're gone.

But they can return. If Blizzard remakes legacy, all those things will return again. It's not about nostalgia, it's not about us being younger and grass being greener or some other shit. It's about the game, the game that is better than anything we have now.

rrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee

Vanilla WoW was awful in retrospect. It had a bunch of glaring game design issues.

Classes were largely inbalanced. Rogues abilities had minimum scaling with gear since their abilities had high base damage, often leading to naked rogues being able to dominate fully geared people. Paladins were expected tank because healing was a joke compared to priest or shaman and retribution offered pitiful DPS in both single/multitarget and utility compared to mage or warrior. The list goes on and on.

Specs were illusion of choice, there was always a objectively best cookie cutter spec for PVE and PVP that's been theorycrafted and proven to be the most optimal. So you often ran into people abusing the same shitty talents until they get nerfed for that specific piece of content.

Endgame largely consisted of farming the same repeated endgame instances each week for a chance to obtain higher item level gear. After being raidlocked for that week, you spent the rest of your week either AFKing on your mount in a major city hoping for a PVP BG queue, waiting something to happen in trade chat, or you were grinding your ass off killing mobs in Wintergrasp or some high level area farming money and materials to prepare for your "epic" raid next week (especially if you were doing Naxx40). If you were too casual to do that, you most likely made dozens of alts and were leveling those until your raid lockout reset or new content came out 6+ months later.

Vanilla was utter shit from a game design perspective. It was literally a skinnerbox Themepark that raped Warcraft RTS lore and catered to casual players who couldn't handle Everquest or even a MUD.

>Rogues abilities had minimum scaling with gear
5 seconds into your post and you're already making a huge joke out of yourself.
An incredibly well-known rogue PvP video made fun of retards like you literally 10 years ago.

>Classes were largely inbalanced.

shut the fuck up, your shitty game killed the entire genre. I hate wowbabies.

World of Roguecraft was literally an insight into how garbage Vanilla WoW was and how incompetent Blizzard was at class balance.

I did all of that though, and I loved it.

TBC > Vanilla

FUCK YOU

Yes, and most issues adressed were gradually fixed towards late vanilla. Underpowered warlocks? See Drakedog 1vX'ing people. Overpowered warriors or rogues? See Vurtne 1vX'ing them or defeating T2 geared ones naked. WoW as seen in 1.12.1 is literally a perfect game.

Not to mention that roguecraft was obviously directed at people not very accustomized to PvP which is forgiveable given how young the game was back then, since it seriously mentions "the surprise advantage" which will make any serious PvP'er laugh today.

>artificial fun doesn't count
pretty good. I'm glad it's over and people can't enjoy it anymore, only idolize the good and forget the bad.

What genre? MMORPGs were garbage until WoW appeared.

>mfw haven't had access to the internet during childhood
>watched Warcraft yesterday

I feel like I missed out on so many good things in my youth.

well it's not over yet user :^)

Have you ever tried reliving it, or are you afraid that it won't live up to your memories? Vanilla is still great even today, on shitty private servers

AND THANK GOD FOR THAT

You can't make this shit up...

>expansion that introduced welfare pvp gear on par with current raid content
>good

Vanilla is not great today, it's a post Legacy of Steel Everquest model MMO.

underage wod kiddie detected

>Rogues abilities had minimum scaling with gear
Horseshit, outside of garrote(fucking worthless, breaks your CC) it was only a finishing move, eviscerate. Which didn't do a whole lot of damage and was only used in PvP since slice and dice scaled far better.

And pallies didn't fucking tank, they were the best healers by far once they had some +healing and crit because of the ridiculous mana efficiency.

You're not wrong but you clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

rose tinted glasses

Never played Everquest. But I played fucking vanilla on Nostalrius and had much more fun than in Cata or MoP.

>resub to wow
>only 3-4 high pop servers left
>the only horde one is a pvp server
>transfer my main there because its where most of my friends that still play have moved to
>start trying to level
>constantly camped by max levels
>doesn't matter what time of day I play there's constantly a 100 camping lowbies in leveling zones
>game is too dead to get help at non peak hours
I should've just stayed on my shitty dead server I hate world pvp in this game

This. Vanilla WoW was probably one of the more balanced PvP versions. Especially with talent trees being so flexible compared to "choose your perk simulator"

>being ganked by flying overpowered xx_godofdeath_xx
>world pvp
Stop perpetrating this dumb meme. Greykilling is greykilling.

What made Vanilla so good? I just remember the community on multiple realms being toxic as fuck in PVP just like League of Legends and the game tried really hard to cater to casuals on the forums who complain a lot which made the game what it is today.

>"Paladins were expected tank"

If I do go back, I'll do Burning Crusade, so I can be a hunter belf

Vanilla was when it wasn't casual. Everyone who doesn't like vanilla is most likely underage or started at wotlk or later.

this has to be copy-pasta

That epic feeling when you were a newbie and you did deadmines for the first time.

b..but they met with the nost devs, they'll announce vanilla servers at blizzcon right..?

The community was "toxic" because on each realm, there was competition. Between guilds, between premades, between factions. That's what made the world feel alive. The social aspect was what mattered the most - for example, if you ninjaed an item from a guild, your name instantly became known to everyone, and with no server or faction or name change, you were permanently cucked out of joining any other guild, ever. Actions had consequences.

Vanilla was hella casual compared to Ultima or Everquest. Vanilla WoW started the whole Themepark MMO trend with soloable quests and linear questhubs.

>MMO were garbage until WoW appeared
>what is Ragnarok Online, Ultima, CoH?
I.... I don't know what to say, so much ignorance in one post, it physically hurts me.

>linear questhubs
>vanilla
Literally didn't fucking happen outside of the starting zones and some breadcrumb quests as in "npc X in northern kalimdor says that npc Y in STV might need help"

>with no server or faction or name change, you were permanently cucked out of joining any other guild, ever.
or just make another character and powerlevel them up to the level cap in a month, there were bots and addons designed specifically for this.

What's the general consensus on the upcoming Legions so far? Looking underwhelming?

I think part of the magic of Vanilla was the state of our lives at the time.

A lot of us were high school/college aged, with few real world responsibilities and all the time in the world to blow on video games.

The internet also wasn't as organized as it is today, data-mining wasn't really a thing yet and websites were filled with mis-information.

A lot of Vanilla game mechanics just seem frustrating when you go back and try a private server. Even though Blizzard has made many, many errors, there have been significant QoL changes made over the years that you don't realize until you regress.

That's why you can never re-capture that magic. It's a potent mix of naivety, nostalgia, and innocence of a time long past.

Let go user.

Let go.

every zone had a level range and eventually everyone would be railroaded into the same zone to level either because it's the best source of EXP or the quest rewards are relevant for their class.

So you wasted a hundred of hours of your life just to start again from square one while extracting zero benefit from the item you stole.

everyone gets a free legendary
gear means nothing in pvp
illidan becomes the dayman
raids are probably going to be even more of a joke

No, fuck off.

t.