I know you fags know about norse mythology. Tell me about it

I know you fags know about norse mythology. Tell me about it.

Who are the toy characters the kid plays with at the beginning?
Why does the forrest suddenly change from winter to fall in that one part?
Is the kid Thor? There was lightning when he shot the arrow.
Anything interesting on the deer or troll? I mean the deer had some glowing antlers and shit.
Are there lots of dragons in it?

Loki is going to fuck Kratos's wife's son and then Kratos gets angry and kills all Norse gods while raping their women.

>another bald GOW

Why

its the same guy you dipshit

Im still confusd whether this is the same kratos or an alternate universe norse kratos.

The reason for this is that he still has "Activate Spartan mode". Why didnt they just rename it? call it "thor mode" or some shit... i duno

It is the same Kratos. Notice the scar on his abs.

It's obviously Kratos.

He left Sparta after he killed everybody, remember?

Same Kratos

>dies at the end of GoW3
>warrior spirit somehow goes to Valhalla
>Loki is going to lead him out of Valhalla and give him a reason to kill the gods

I'm not even that big of a God of War fan but I grinned like an idiot when Kratos stepped out of the shadow

I think Kratos angered his way into Valhalla on accident

According to the devs the franchise is an explanation as to why these ancient religions don't exist anymore. So Kratos went and kill most of the Greek gods, now he's gonna do the same with the Norse ones.

God of War 30, Kratos goes on a rampage against modern Christianity.

I think it's pretty obvious that he survived GoW, left Olympus, went north and as Norse civilisation came to be he naturally slotted into their pantheon. He probably goes by another name, though, like Hod.

Can't wait until Kratos gets to egyptian mythology.

Thats some silly shit. All mythologies religions and gods apparently exist in the same world.

I thought this was going to be a complete reboot. the only feature carried over being Kratos's design

There is going to be an Egyptian game after this.

What did that troll with the tusks say? All I caught was that he said something about Valhalla.

something something VALHALLAAAA

RIDING TO VALHALLA

>yfw he finally battles the sun

I actually like the idea, like God of War is a fuck myth up series. So there's a GoW series where Kratos kills Greek gods, then the series where Kratos kills Norse gods, etc

>God of War: My Wife's Son edition

That might work, actually. Think there'll be horse riding in this one?

Kratos also had lightning effects, and his axe returned to him when he wanted it to, both of which also allude to Thor. Norse mythology has a lot of mythic weapons and items though so they could be their own thing. The white stag is a sort of generic trope of an uncatchable hunt and has some significance to Celtic/Arthurian myth, but as far as I know not Norse. Trolls are probably just that, and the big guy was probably a Jotun (giant). There are some dragons but they're usually named characters in myth: Níðhöggr sits at the base of the world tree gnawing at the roots and eating damned souls, Fafnir was an exceptionally greedy Dwarf who became a dragon to protect his treasures and cursed ring, and Jörmungandr is a giant world-encircling sea serpent.

Yeah I like the fact that the series has swapped mythologies. But its not 2 different series like you said if its the same kratos. It just a sequal to god of war 3.

Its one series, but he swapped worlds somehow for some reason.

Shouldn't they have done that first, considering that by the time Norse mythology shows up, the Ancient Egyptians were long gone.

They overlapped with ancient Greece but were long gone by 800 AD when the Norse turned up.

What are some Norse Gods you could see putting up a fight against someone like Kratos?

Something along the lines of "YOU DARE COME TO VALHALLA" word mustve got out about Kratos killing everything a long time ago.

>All mythologies religions and gods apparently exist in the same world.

You know that this was the accepted norm back in the ancient days?

Kratos will go back in time, he will be too old by the time he finishes the nordic gods.

Screencap this.

RIDE ETERNAL IN VALHALLA, SHINY AND CHROME

Seriously. Even Roman and Greek existed side by side, despite the Roman gods being knockoffs.

once you start killing Gods or in Kratos case, multiple gods and their parents within like a 2 day period you're gonna earn a reputation

Just put it this way, Kratos is a nuke camped out in Odins front yard

>Jotun (giant)

I always hated this translation. It implies that Jotuns have to be large.

Even worse is the Ice Giants translation that morons use now that Marvel popularized it.

All major egyptian gods are chill.
I don't want to play a game about killing them.

tell me about giants in norse myth user, please, are they not big?

Kratos will find a reason to kill them.

Maybe this game is not about killing gods, in the same way in the first game you didn't kill the whole pantheon and you actually became part of that pantheon.

>Kratos will never 1v1 Samson
Why live

Then i wont play it.
I bet he's gonna rape isis just to cuck osiris too.

Is it the very same Kratos or is it another universe?

I am interested in those qte Ganbang scenes

read the thread there's only 42 replies jesus

The mythology is never really specific about the race, they just appear to be another tribe of divine beings.

Thor and Loki encounter one that's so large that they mistake his glove for a large house.

Other Jotun are human-sized, many are even married to Æsir, so they're hot, to boot.

>sex scenes of Kratos and Valkyries

time to pre-order

Or in this case Odin asks Kratos to carry out crazy missions while training the boy (possibly Loki). For some reason I couldnt help but think of this movie while watching the gameplay.

really interesting, thanks!

that would be a 10min hack n slash

My theory is that the world basically started over after the end of GOWIII, and in this new world we vikings now and shit. And the only survivor was kratos desu

Set is quite an asshole.

Then of course is the whole shit with him and his nephew Horus fucking
>RA gets tired of the fighting
>king of egypt is decided by who has whos sperm inside them
>Horus kept Set from coming inside him
>Horus skeeted all over lettuce, Sets favorite food so he'd eat it

Odin, the Allfather, king of Asgard and the Æsir gods. He is as much a god of war, fury, and death as he is of wisdom, magic, and poetry. He rides his eight-legged horse Slepnir, of which there is no equal, and brandishes the spear Gungnir, which can never miss.

Loki, the trickster. Actually a born Jotun, he became a blood-brother of Odin and now counts himself among the Æsir. Responsible for the death of Frigg's son Baldr, father to many oddball children, and fated to bring Ragnarok.

Tyr, a god of war and glory who lost his hand helping to bind the wolf Fenrir. While considered a son or adoptive son of Odin, he may have once been the head of the Norse pantheon.

Thor needs no introduction, I'm sure.

Heimdallr, of nine mothers, who sits at the Bifrost and watches for Ragnarok's approach.

Baldr, the shining, the prized son of Odin and Frigg. Upon fearing that he will die, his mother makes everyone and everything in the universe promise not to harm him, including Loki. But it would be no use. The mistletoe, too young to make such promises, did not. And with that, Loki tricked the blind Höðr into fatally shooting Baldr with a mistletoe-laden arrow.

Njörðr, the lonely god of the sea and of summers, one of the Vanir gods.

Freyr, the son of Njörðr, is the god of kingship and fertility. He rules over the elves and rides atop a golden boar crafted by dwarfs.

Freyja, daughter of Njörðr, who is queen of the Valkyries, and a goddess of love, sex, gold, war, and death.

There are plenty more, I could go on all day.

I made compromise because people don't give as much of a shit, but I agree with you.

They are only as big as the Æsir and Vanir gods, typically, although there are exceptions where Jotnar grow to impossible sizes. This same thing occurs in Greek mythology with the Titans - they're no bigger than the Olympians but have the misconception of being large because people read that Cronus could eat his kids whole.

what
Didn't horus kill him?

Mayan/Aztec mythology Kratos

Kratos last boss will be a QTE battle with Quetzalcoatl

Is the kid literally Kratos''s wife's son?

I mean, why else would he say something like "Your mother taught you how to hunt, didn't she?"

My guess is that Kratos son is the new protagonist. All the leveling up during the demo was for him and not Kratos. So I could see Kratos being killed off and his son in the future taking out all the Norse gods for killing his dad.

he didnt die in GoW3....did you wait till the very end after the credits???

Fuck imagined if they pull a MGS2. People would not be happy but then again how many games are we going to get of a 50yr old Kratos literally raping gods in multiple civilizations.

Jesus is a demi god that can turn the water in wine, and resurrected at will

The holy spirit reside in every human being, Kratos must kill all humans to defeat it

God/Jehovah is omnipotent, Kratos cannot kill him

the only solution is that Kratos make an alliance with Satan and make the second Angel War between hell and heaven

More, user!

Its either that or they're gonna reveal it as the Gods of the other pantheons are descended from Titans and carved up their own territories.

Still quite a bit of potential surviving Greek gods (Artemis, Aphrodite, etc)

Just my guess, but I can see it happening. The series is going in a different direction and different setting. I could see Kratos being replaced as the protagonist.

good job with killing chinese gods since western cuck can't into any eastern mythology
may be except for Jap

That's a fucking awesome movie.

that's how detached fathers talk
and kratos is a very detached person

He was shilling the best game of this year

waifus and cocktails

What's neat is that Thor's Hammer was a secret weapon in Ascension's multiplayer. I guess they've been planning this for a while.

Perhaps, but why would he ask the question? Surely if he was around during the kid's early years, he would either have taught him to hunt himself or would know that the mother had taught him to hunt.

You could say if you've been gone for years, and this is your first real moment with your son.

Or if it isn't your fucking kid and you're just seeing how the little fuck could shoot so good.

Maybe his mother is Skadi, goddess of hunting.

that's how cucks talk IRL

Could Kratos defeat Odin in a fair fight?

I know that Gungnir "never misses" but how strong is it, exactly?

Weird. Norse mythology had people worshiping it as late as the 19th century, even drawing curse runes underneath buildings to afflict people with bad luck.

Kratos just seems like a detached father, he's a fucking god of war for fucks sakes. Just ignore the cuckold fetishists posting on this thread.

Ever played Dante's Inferno? Kratos would have to go through the entirety of that game just to kill Satan. Then we move on to Jesus and then you finally get to God himself. I wouldn't be surprised though if Jesus's disciples stood in your way as mini bosses though or even the virgin Mary herself. There's tons of shit they could put in. Not to mention an entire Journey through Hell and then through Heaven.

>Game is set in sweden
>Kratos is a cuck

When the memes go too far

Has there been any more footage since the conference?
The game looked pretty but the gameplay was weak shit

He probably fucked some random bitch on one of his travels and then found out that she shit out Kratos Jr

>Jesus's disciples

Nah son, set Kratos up against the Angels.

Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael, Sandalphon and Metaton, Apollyon, Azazel, and those are just some of the well-known ones.

Throw in some other badasses like Dumah and the four angels who dance around God's throne, and you would have yourself some truly epic fights.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not talking about the "winged sexy guy" angel meme that's been going around for a couple centuries, I mean the original depiction of angels, divine monstrosities like pic related

Is it ever stated if the kid is Kratos' son or not?

Kratos calls him son, the kid calls him father (or dad, I think).

Could be adopted, could be not, we don't know yet.

That's not what's going to happen. The whole game is going to be Kratos babysitting a kid, a la The Last of Us, and the kid is going to be support in combat and the driving force of the plot.

>arrive at the gates of heaven
>a loud slam behind you
>ripped ass Peter carrying a massive fucking boulder
>"BEFORE THE COCK CROWS, I SHALL CRUSH YOU THREE TIMES"

I'd rather see kratos fight in the ragnarok than kill every god.

He calls him "BOI" not son.

Kratos might have killed his mother

heh

I thought he said "my son" at one point.

>get Peter to low health
>he lifts in a dramatic fashion his boulder preparing to smash you with it
>"ON THIS ROCK, I WILL BUILD YOUR GRAVE"

I love the idea, but I don't think Western society, even at this point, is ready for a AAA video game in which you brutally murder Jesus, the Virgin Mary, and Jehova himself. It's not as bad as bringing out the same game with Mohammed and Allah, but people would still get their panties in a twist.

Morals does not matter in getting into Valhalla.

damn now I want to watch some norse hentai again

Where does it say it's set in Sweden and not Scandinavia in general?

user it's pretty obvious kratos is gonna die

I want to see chink butthurt when K'man killing their gods
imagine Kratos vs monkey king

They really fucked the game in the ass with the gameplay change though

There's snow, so it's not Denmark, and there's forest, so it's not Norway.

So is kratos immortal? What power does he posses now except for being really angry

Monkey King would win, he's easily the most OP fighter in any mythology ever, period.

only "Nirvana tier" creator or similar gods can beat him with cute poems about how above conflict they are.

but if you are like Kratos and you are just going to bring the brawl, you CANNOT win against Monkey King, he defeated Heaven because they slighted him.

A game depicting the murder of Mohammad and Allah would bring a greater shitstorm, a game depicting the murder of the Catholic God and the saints would be met with some uproar and protests, but nothing too extreme, on the other hand, Muslims everywhere would be flipping their shit because it is absolutely haram to depict Mohammad and even more so Allah himself. Look at what happened in Benghazi when some westerners made that movie making fun of Mohammad.

YOU BECOME ODIN.

YOUR SON IS THOR.

ITS THE BEARD. THE BEARRRRRRD.