People are upset by this

>People are upset by this

FUCKING HOW?!

I actually cried. I legit cried because my favorite fucking franchise, which has been dead ever since RE5, is finally going back to being a horror game. It looks so fucking good, and you fucking retards are upset?

Was Resident Evil 6 your first fucking RE game?

Jesus fucking CHRIST you retards have awful fucking taste.

You're already getting a Resident Evil CoD shooter game in a few weeks. Why the fuck to you want to ruin it for the real fans too? You greedy little shits.

It seriously makes no fucking sense to me

I wanted it to be another RE4

Isn't it a VR game?

>post bait for hours on end
>no one cares
>keep posting because you have nothing else to do

>I actually cried. I legit cried

sage reddit threads
do not reply to reddit posters

I just woke up an hour and a half ago, dude

Good, I just planned out your entire day for you.

When was Resident Evil a horror series even outside of the REmake? Even RE 1 wasn't much of a horror game with sharks, giant snakes, hentai tentacles and reptitians.

RE2 was more action oriented and RE2 was a legitimate action game with all the weapons, dodges, Nemesis fights.

The fuck have you been playing OP?

Gonna be honest, I had more fun with the over the shoulder resident evil games, but the isometric ones look like solid games.

Stop shitposting, after it was revealed that there is an inventory system, shooting, guns, and item management along with puzzles people started to warm up to the idea. We were all just fucking blindsided at first and thought it was literally outlast 2.0.

Yeah, I don't understand the backlash either. Maybe because it's first person?

I'm glad it's no longer RE4's style of BANG, BOOM, BLOSH anymore.

If you actually watch the trailer you kinda see Leon in the reflection in the water.

4 Resident Evil was a one hit wonder. They tried to make sequels and it just didn't work.

Haha wow it took them seven main games to come up with this logo!

Was anyone really doubting Leon, the literal number one main male character of Resident Evil, was in the game?

>the Silent Hills that never came was somehow reincarnated as Resident Evil

Yeah I'm pretty happy too OP

so It's a PT clone or what? Are they gonna do the same to RE2?

>Want the series to go back to its roots of RE classic style
>We understand, we will go back and make RE great again we promise
>Get this shit instead

Yeah, nah fuck you and fuck off Op.

>Resident Evii
Literally not a Resident Evil game

basically

Resident Evii: Resident Evil

It's episodic so it will probably turn out to be more like Alan Wake for the final product

Also it's interesting that they're using the Biohazard name in the west now.

People are upset because

>Ghosts
>No zombies
>No mutants
>No viruses
>No puzzles
>No item management
>No old characters
>Found footage
>Ghost investigation
>Haunted mansion
>Game looks like Silent Hill
>Game looks like P.T 2
>Game looks like Outlast 1.5
>First person instead of third
>Game is used to promote VR

It's Resident Evil in name only.

>PT comes out
>vastly different than usual SH
>everyone is happy

>RESIDENTE VII comes out
>vastly different from usual RE
>everyone is mad

You see senpai, the thing here is the RE fanbase is whiny as fuck and will bitch about literally everything. Shame tho, RE threads used to be so chill, but that was back then when all we had to talk about was Ada's ass.

yes people in the youtube section claiming you're some generic nigga in a spooky house

Is it PS4 exclusive?

>It's Resident Evil in name only.

So were 4, 5, and 6.

They re just RE 4 babbies ignore them everyone here is happy besides underages and redditors i hope the rumour about Outbreak HD became true

>i literally didn't touch the demo

I want zombies that walk aimlessly and grab and bite people, not these hybrids that can talk, punch, and tie people up.

RE 5 is actually a good game. It takes everything that worked in RE 4 and applied a co-op twist to it.

RE 6 isn't that bad either, solid fun game full of content and the stroy and writing are so retarded that it's actually hillarious.

The problem is that Capcom got carried away trying to please everyone, going for the wide audience. If there's any lesson to learn here is that a bigger audience, "more people being able to play it" is a disaster.

The entire franchise is Resident Evil in name only.

SH was a survival horror game about ghosts and demons with little focus on combat.
RE was a survival action game about zombies and mutants with little focus on horror.

no

>1st-person
why? what made them think that this was a good idea.

>implying that immediately assuming its going to be outlast2.0 isn't the shit posting

Threads like this only cropped up cause of shitters like you

That's only for VR non VR will have 3rd person

>applied a co-op twist to it.
It's a great co-op game, but having to deal with the AI partner in singleplayer is a godawful experience.

VR is fucking optional!
when the fuck will people understand this

Also why in the holy fuck people keep shitting on VR? I played plenty of it and it's amazing.

>>Ghosts
>>No zombies
>>Ghost investigation
>>Haunted mansion
>>Game looks like Silent Hill
>>Game looks like P.T 2

I think I'll buy two copies.

You're also uninformed. Puzzles were confirmed.

>>Ghosts
>>No zombies
>>Ghost investigation
>>Haunted mansion
>>Game looks like Silent Hill
>>Game looks like P.T 2

I think I'll buy two copies.

You're also uninformed. Puzzles were confirmed.

the backlash is probably from the fact its 1st person

I say give it a chance, i hope they mention or bring back some old characters, doesn't have to be playable

if its a prequel about the bizarre murders in the mountains then i can be excited. im in no mood for some memer enemy type like in re4. that fag serial killer better be in it for that one scene

Because 1st person is always better than 3rd person

Fuck

Re5 would have been infinitely better as a singleplayer game. Segments like the mining tunnel or the swamp villages would be so much more tense and engaging

I wish this "fanbase" shit would end. It just gives annoying whiny faggots a soapbox to stand on and complain about anything and everything, while they pretend they're entitled to their shit opinions because of muh loyalty to this game series, I'm a pioneer of le fanbase.

Not attacking you, user. Just seeing that word and agreeing with what you said.

I feel the opposite. 1st person combat is almost always worse and that's the most important part of most games to me. There are like 1 good 1st person melee game ever compared to tons of 3rd person ones and even something like lost planet has more interesting gunplay to me than many fps.

I would have rather had another RE 6 then have RE become a spooky walking simulator.

Every Resident Evil game up until this one is garbage. I'm glad you losers aren't getting what you want.

welcome to modern videogames

>DOOM
>QUAKE

the only people upset with this are shitters whose first RE was 4, so fuck them

Tehy probably never tried it.

I tried two different head sets, one at NY Comic Con, and one at the microsoft store at my mall. It was a lot better than I ever expected.

Only problem is, they need a slightly better focus range. I'm blind as fuck, and I can almost see perfectly in VR without my glasses, but the focus range just isnt good enough to allow me to see perfectly.

>You want horror back, goy?
>Okay well that Outlast game sold well so here you go ehehehe!

Fucking Capcom. 1st person VR Resident Evil. What a fucking disgrace.

how about the fact that nothing even happened in the demo.

It doesn't look bad, but making it not only a RE game but one in the main series is quite silly, it's completely different shit

I cried too, but after I watched a streamer play the demo. It fucking hurts. It's like seeing someone you love be raped over and over and over.

Just fucking let this IP die, Capcom. You've hurt it enough already.

Bullshit PT fakeout pissed me off.

Resident evil 4

It's a fucking first person resident evil, how can you NOT think it's going to be Outlast cashgrab VR pewdiepie electric boogaloo?

Granted it does have the RE mechanics but no one knew that at first.

I really like 3rd person, but in more confined spaces and in games with dynamic lighting, I think 1st person really benefits the horror genre.

>RE 7 is released
>It gets mediocre reviews and sells about a million copies in 3 months
>RE 2 remake is released
>Gets almost perfect reviews scores across board and sells a million copies in the first week
>Capcom realise what the RE franchise should be and RE returns to its roots

I'm happy for RE 7 to be a sacrificial lamb.

>new land gets discovered
>agregate with like minded people
>found a state there, build a country together
>enjoy living in the country you all helped to build
>suddenly "refugees" start swarming you
>"ugh, ur so entitled, everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of your country, it means bigger and better country:)"
>crime statistics rise
>GPD tanks
>cities turn into ghettos
>country on the verge of bankrupcy
>original guys complain about "refugees" truning their country to shit
>"they pretend they're entitled to their shit opinions because of muh loyalty to this country, I'm a pioneer of le fanbase."

oh my god you fucking baby

Resident evil fans everyone

try to be a silent hill fan you cunt

For horror games I can agree, the other dude said 1st is always better.

holy shit go play Resident Evil Remake, the isometric ones are literally the only good games in the series

It feels wrong to call it Resident Evil SEVEN. It should have been a spin off instead, like Revelations 1 and 2.,

resident evil 4

I'm just waiting for REmake 2.

You could not be a cynical faggot who jumps to conclusions about everything and pretends like like his word is law?

I played them back in the day. I was young though and hardly remember them. I remember RE2 was super spooky and nemesis scared the shit out of me, pretty sure re0 also scared me shitless walking down that train.

>It's a fucking first person resident evil

That's not even the issue. It's currently unconfirmed, but not unreasonable to believe that they're removing shooting in favor of simple running and hiding mechanics, and if that happens, it will be complete and utter garbage for sure.

Uh, do you know where we are?

You didn't help build shit you fat nerd. You bought a game for 60 dollars. Get over yourself.

I miss the glory days. Rip in peace re.

Because i dont play outlast, dont wath outlast and dont fucking care about outlast, so i dont jump into pure cynic mode unless it proves to me its gonna be shit. What i saw was potential for a REmake level horror game revival for RE and waited for confirmation either way whether combat is in or not. Not shitposting immediately

So you're saying the people complaining about this not being rehash are nazis? I approve.

>I'm just waiting for REmake 2.

This. It seems to our one last hope for the series, and probably the entire survival-horror genre as well.

Is this a timed demo like those random hour long game trials, a temporary demo like Nioh, or can I play it forever? I won't be home to download it until later this week and can't find any information on it.

"We want the pewdiepie audience"

I'm more concerned with the game being PS4 exclusive. That would be like making Call of Duty exclusive to the Xbone.

>but muh legacy

Nintendo no longer gets Final Fantasy, Contra, Castlevania, Gradius, Metal Gear, Ninja Gaiden, Star Soldier, Mega Man, or Ghosts n Goblin games. So much for legacy.

Fair enough. Carry on.

wish i played that online

The confinement of the mansion, the tight alleys in re2, and the train in re0 add so much to the feeling of vulnerability. Once it went over the shoulder it just didn't feel creepy anymore. Re4 hit a sweet spot with the mobs of enemies making you feel overwhelmed and got the adrenaline pumping. But to me, resident evil has always been about not knowing what's around the next corner, not knowing if you're prepared for what lies ahead. And to be honest the over the shoulder mechanics totally broke that immersion.

Did you miss the clip of the main character dual welding magnums against a group of zombies?

So has anyone figured out what to do with the axe or the finger in the demo? Or found an ending besides phone or door?

>mfw all the people bitching about RESIDENT EVII will buy it anyway
>mfw no face

>being PS4 exclusive
its not though.

Looks pretty cool, actually, but it seems the name was slapped on just to sell the game after it was already done and they needed something good.

Yeah fair enough. When they designed the camera angles well it was spooky and made for intense gameplay. Sometimes if they got lazy though there would be some pretty questionable camera shifts IIRC.

>real fans
No faggot you're the one who ruined it. Faggots like you have turned resident evil into a hide and seek game

Might actually be a good thing. Exclusivity to one platform usually allows for more creativity and better games due to the fact devs can focus on one platform and one audience.

But don't kid yourself, Capcom is going after the wild mainstream audience and will once again try to please literally everyone which will result in pleasing nobody.

>Ghosts
I can almost promise you the "ghost" is a test subject. There's a reason Umbrella was watching the house.

>no Zombies
Zombies haven't been in several of the main games.

>no mutants
You really don't know that.

>no viruses
Test subject. There's a reason Umbrella was watching that house.

>no puzzles
Puzzles are in.

>no item management
The inventory is small as hell and there are only 4 slots for your weapons.

>no old characters
That you know of. That woman on the phone sounded like Ada to me. She had that stuck up femme fatale voice going.

>Found footage
>Ghost investigation
Those were just innocent guys who got more than they bargained for.

>Haunted mansion
And I bet there's a lab underneath it.

>Game looks like Silent Hill
>Game looks like P.T 2
>Game looks like Outlast 1.5
>First person instead of third
>Game is used to promote VR
Opinions here.

>which has been dead ever since RE5, is finally going back to being a horror game.
Resident Evil has never actually been an outright horror game. It was an atmospheric shooter at best, even with RE1.

The series peaked at 4. 4 is literally the perfect Resident Evil game. It doesn't need to return to horror because it was never really a "horror" game to begin with, just a game that used horror elements to create a sense of tension while you fought or avoided huge terrifying monsters.

iirc there was a way to play online on pcsx2

We saw different evolutions of the series. First was zombies and then las plagas type stuff in third person. I hated the notion of RE7 last night.

I played the demo this morning. It looks like a different type of horror. Resident Evil could be many staying horror elements. I saw the pic with the umbrella helicopter. It appears to be a Hills Have Eyes approach with a family suffering from Umbrella tests. It has had me quite intrigued

We all need to give it a chance. Sure it is different, but it can still be good. I like how they are taking a risk to prevent stagnation. I hope it has a cool combat system. It could end up being like Condemed which was great

You still can. I think if it was released a year later it would have been huge. They proved that with fixed controls and updated camera angles the problems can be solved while still allowing puzzles with multiplayer. Outbreak is the most underated re and that is only because online gaming was hardly a thing at the time. There were like 8 char types with 50 chars all with diff strengths. How did it go from this to a split screen action game?

>not unreasonable to believe they're removing shooting in favor of simple running and hiding mechanics

There is an axe that you can swing in the demo, there is an option in the menu for aim assist, there is a shotgun in the trailer, the name of the game is RE7, not RE hide and seek, no statement has proclaimed a lack of combat, there is an inventory of limited size and the top row mapped to he d-pad which would be useless for mere puzzles, it loterally couldn't be clearer that combat is in

This desu.

protip: VR is a gimmick that's only available to VERY small percentage of gamers who are rich enough and dumb enough to shell out the same price of a console and buy one of those, which only supports a handful of actually good games and not just tech demos, MP games tied to it are literally DOA

>It appears to be a Hills Have Eyes approach with a family suffering from Umbrella tests.

This. I bet anything Umbrella threw out a virus in a rural area to see the effects. That's why they had a chopper monitoring the area. They were collecting data.