Does anyone else think that this game is going to be a fucking flop?

Does anyone else think that this game is going to be a fucking flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DjTG5LpaG3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just like UC4, right?

Shit, I hated the previous GoW games, they play horribly with mechanics that should have never gotten past 6th gen and even I'm interested in this.

lel no specially now that it has The Last of Us feel to it

No way its gonna flop.

Naughty Dog formula + God of War brand = profit

>flop

In what sense? Critically? Financially? Sup Forums circlejerkally?

they are pushing this franchise way too hard

>the last of gods.
ehh

>flop
more like front flip on to the list of the best games ever made

If it doesn't have the Blades of Chaos and a more zoomed out view and combo's for regular gameplay I fucking hope it does.

God of War is literally in my top 5 games of all time, as casual as it is, I just really have a soft spot for that game.

This just looked disappointing the more I think about it. Combat looked so generic and tired. Also I am pretty sure it's open world. I saw alternate paths and stuff a few times in the trailer. They should have just made a new IP for this shit.

Not in any sense. It'll make a shitload of money and be universally praised. 93 metacritic incoming.

Hell no, it looks fantastic and it's been a long time since God of War 3. It feels fresh and welcome again. Going to be a smash. Hell, everything Sony showed is going to sell huge.

As there will be much hype about it and the final product will suck (gameplay wise)

>hipster Kratos

The boy isn't a cute loli so it's obviously shit, otherwise it would be GOTY

That is the logic people use.

Why is every Sony game a TPS Uncharted clone now? More like God of the Last of Us.

Casuals loved Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us.

They'll love this, too.

>R3 + R2 to use spartan rage!

fucking kill me.

>God of War
>a flop
Even ascension managed to not flop and that is considered the worst one. I doubt this one will either.

Just like all Ubisoft makes are open world bullshotted collectathons, all sony makes are linear cinematic feelathons now.

>Let's add a kid!
When has that ever worked

Santa Monica confirmed it's not open world, but it has large levels

Should be someone other than Kratos

>God of War is literally in my top 5 games of all time, as casual as it is, I just really have a soft spot for that game.
Fucking why, GoW games are shit. It feels like babby's first currzay.

Combat looked really bad, and that's weird for an action / hack and Slash kind of game like gow

I think it looks pretty cool so far.

why?

Looks like how they treated the Tomb Raider reboot.
Hope the kid doesn't stay long otherwise it'll just be like they mashed Tomb Raider Reboot and The Last of Us together.

>they are pushing this franchise way too hard
Games in the main series

1. God of War - 2005
2. God of War 2 - 2007
3. God of War 3 - 2010
4. God of War - 2016

>The originals were fast paced character action games at 60FPS
>New one is "Don't talk to me or my wife's son walking simulator 1886" at 30FPS

>L3+R3 to activate spartan rage!
The command and pop up message (since this is an introductory level) are the same shit since GoW1, what are you on about?

Thank fuck, I hate open world shit at this point.

I tried DMC1, DMC4 and Bayonetta and didn't like them. Why can't you fucking faggots realize people who like GoW don't play it for the same reasons DMC fags play DMC.

GoW 1 has excellent level design, good pacing, puzzles, atmosphere, spectacle and scope, fun gameplay, a good story, great graphics and art, plus I really really like Greek Myth and the Temple of Pandora is just fucking amazing to explore, really made the game for me. Dinosaurs and Greek myth are my soft spots where I will give games leeway and extra points for.

Should've been an original IP. Turning GoW into The Last of Us makes no sense. I just can't wait for the awful "muh child" characterization of Kratos and the terrible writing that all the reviews will be jerking off over.

>six years since 3 came out
Fuck. It doesn't feel like it's been that long.

Literally how do you people get The Last of Us out of this?

Is it the kid?

>God of war: Chains of olympus - 2008
>God of war: Ascencion - 2013

lol its fucking matisyahu

it's a good logic desu, if it was a loli japan would love it, the game would do much better both in the west and east.

uh no it will be the most successful god of war yet

it actually looks good for once

GoW is for people who think spamming square is fun. DMC is for people that aren't brain dead retarded

>PSP spin-off
>unrelated gladiatorial multiplayer game that was dolled-up to be a God of War game

kill yourself

Super cinematic, focus on exploration, and the kid. Only difference is the gameplay and setting desu

Ascension was multiplayer?

asking that question on Sup Forums is like asking Tumblr if they think the patriarchy is still oppressing women.

Would be better if it was just a new IP

8=xboner here im kinda jelly desu ==D

To be honest. I think it'll be hated on til the day it releases, and somehow it'll get 10/10s across the board by both reviewers and users who play the damn thing

Look at ascension. Many people disliked it, the series couldnt go anywhere anymore, so its been revamped

You could say the same about mashing triangle on DMC. Both games on the higher difficulties are challenging.

Higher level GoW 3 play looks something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=DjTG5LpaG3o

you are the cancer that ruined sony's first party ip's

You guys are idiots. It's obvious that the kid is going to die and that will be the set-up for angry Kratos to go murder a bunch of gods.

>It feels like babby's first currzay.

Exactly, but Santa Monica decided to turn it into The Last of Us.

Just let that sink in. A beginner's hack-in-slash action game has become the next cinematic experience. These third-person, narrative-driven games are becoming the FPS of this generation.

The multiplayer was actually the best part. The single player story felt tacked on and underdeveloped.

Personally I feel that Ascension was poorly received because it was a big step backwards from 3 in a lot of ways. In 3 you had 5 weapons, in Ascension you had 1. And you could only access half of your combo list if you got hit during a fight. I think it was supposed to make the game harder by encouraging people to play better but it just ended up being frustrating and limiting.

>not getting this just to be a dad

It's not like you'll have kids with these fat bitches anyway.

It should. I'm not even a GoW fan and it looks disgusting to me. Can't imagine how people who actually give a fuck feel.

Why Sup Forums hate so much GOW?
The plot is good, the gameplay is fine.
>smash square all day
Yep, and I still enjoy playing it, still good.

>These third-person, narrative-driven games are becoming the FPS of this generation.

I just realized you're right and this is terrifying

>Kratos with a beard
>Ryu with a beard
>Marcus Fenix with a beard
>kids with beards
>women with beards
>alligators with beards
>wristwatches with beards
>beards with beards
Can't wait until this trend dies.

Cant say.

Wow the old square argument, sure showed me.

Protip homo, this argument never worked because who like GoW don't play it for the in depth combat system or for Cuhrazy or whatever.

DMC and GoW are literally going for 2 completely different fanbases.

It's the difference between Thief and Dishonored. They aren't going for the same thing even though both of hem are first person stealth games. One is pure stealth, the other is a sneaky super power assassin type game where you can kill everyone if you want. Thief fans aren't retarded enough to think that Dishonored is just a shit stealth game though, they recognise it's a different genre just with some similar elements. I don't even consider GoW to be hack n slash. It's a hybrid, it's got some basic hack n slash combat but it's also a sort of adventure platformer thing with puzzles and actual decent level design and exploration.

How come so many users on Sup Forums have to call every single one of sony's games The last of us clones? Cant really tell the difference between the games or are they just dense shitposters?

>I enjoy it so it's good

because they are trying to relate to PS4 owners

they're threatened because it's a more successful franchise than their "character action" games. notice how they even made up a new name for the genre.

NU MALE BEARD

Finally they are attempting to give him character it's only been like 5 games guys

I think they're talking about the super-cinematic thing that everyone's doing now.

Because a lot of them are starting to look like TLoU clones with slightly different bells and whistles.

>a god of war game made by the uncharted team
>flopping

I love it when Sup Forums says shit like this

Can someone explain this to me? For me it looked like you'll play as the boy which probably means that kratos will die and the game will actually be set a couple years after that gameplay trailer thingie.

>could've gotten a cute loli
>got a shitty boy instead
Inevitable flop.

Not with the TLOU influence. All you need is a good story and marketing for a goty.

You must be fucking blind to not realize they are following the exact same formula

Naughty Dog didn't make this

>Hipster
>is literally a dad
>the EXACT opposite
Learn what words mean before using them you autist.

This. I buy as many "Be a dad" sims as possible, because I know I'm dying alone.

Or kratos dies and you play as the kid from here on out

This, it hurt too when I realized it near the end when the camera got close. That beard is way to well maintained, they didn't design it right.

It should be rugged and dishevelled and naturally grown, not this trimmed meticulously shaped thing that nu-male hipster faggots do.

naughty dog didn't but the uncharted creative director and main writers is

That's exactly why TLoU sold so much, lonely niggers like you. I wish I was the targeted market for once

i hate western daugtherfu/son pandering. it is the fucking worst, and i hate it more because of the first nier game. either way, i've had every sony console and i was always uninterested in GoW anyway

I have an honest question, is Sony pushing for this style? Most ps4 games seem to have a cinematic style to it like the last of us, uncharted, the new zombie game, the new god of war game, the new hippie girl shooting robot aliens game. It seems like this will be the new formula, right? Can we expect other platforms to push for this formula, is anybody getting tired of it yet or will we be getting this formula for the forsee able future?

the kid has scars and shit already, he's not the type of child character you kill off

he could be the last boss though

It sold so much because it's a great video game

Err
No, I dont think so. I think it's just when they see some small scene that has emotion behind it, they need to spout the name calling

See uncharted, its "HAHAHA LITERALLY ALL SET PIECES"
"The last of us IS SO LINEAR AND SHIT"
"> HORIZON IS ANOTHER OPEN WORLD MEME"

Honestly I come here for the few good threads that pop up occasionally

still not a Naughty Dog game idiot

what the fuck

>I dont enjoy so its bad

>becoming FPS of this gen

Uncharted 4, TLOU, God of War 4 and what else so far? Tomb Raider? What other games do you consider to be third person narrative driven. Genuinely asking.

I'd say the true new FPS is fucking open world crap.

The multiplayer was so fucking dope.
It was like Smash Brothers with special gory kills, and it had big levels with hazards you could exploit against other players.
I sank so many hours into that.

>God of War game
>God of War dies

Unless the gameplay is good then the game is bad. In your post you said "gameplay is bad". So the game is bad.

>i've had every sony console

for what purpose you pleb?

That shitty time game that had a tv show in it, The Order. I'm probably missing one.

But I'm a lonely polak.

Everything you said is completely wrong and your post formatting and style is shit, I'd tell you to lurk for a year before posting but you'll fit right in with all the other underage newfags so fuck it. You kids get off my lawn.

he died in almost every game

KRATOS ALWAYS HAD A BEARD YOU DIP

i don't remember saying it was, just that the uncharted team is working on it

which they are

the new zombie shit that sony wasted time on

some day you'll be able to grow a beard user just have faith