Resident Evil is now a YouTube click bait walking sim

>Resident Evil is now a YouTube click bait walking sim

Who else is stoked that Resident Evil has returned to its roots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7P2EvydBDFE
youtube.com/watch?v=0DqErEXg1GQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks SONY PLAYSTATION VR

The game had to be shoehorned into that shit.

>no characters anywhere to be seen
Ruined. RE is a character-driven franchise

Press F to pay respects

F

I am just waiting for Pewdiedie gameplay

it will be glorious, a lot of jimmies will be rustle

vr revelations 3
weew

I really wanted to play PT, but not like this.

I literally do not give a shit about this game.
I hope the re2 remake turns out fine and that they make a revelations 3, but mainline is kill for me

REEEE WHERE IS MUH ACTION GAME, PUZZLES AND ACTUAL THINKING ISN'T FUN :c

>RE7 is going back to its first person roots

I've been waiting for this since NEVER FUCK YOU CAPCOM

literally nobody is saying this.
Most people are disappointed that, after promising a return to form, re7 turned out to be closer to PT and silent hill in general in terms or atmosphere, gameplay and possibly story (I'm pretty sure one of the papers in the trailer mentioned ghosts).
It has less to do with OG resident evil than 4 and 5 did, but autists like you will love it anyway because you never played the originals amd all you know about them is that they are "scary" (protip: they never were, only little children found them scary, the b-movie horror shlocky aesthetic was part of the appeal)

Thats just the demo r-right guys? The actual game will have real gameplay, right?

>wah wah wah resident evil isn't a action game anymore wah

shill.txt

This. Underaged are the demographic that grew up playing the Resident evil remake and live under the false assumption that Resident Evil was anything other than campy B-horror goodness. For fucks sake the first game opens with a live action roll call

>can't find a single playthrough without obnoxious commentary

gonna be an FPS fampai

demo had aim assist options, inventory quickslots

Those games were great.
Honestly I also liked 4-6. I don't hate change, we got five classic games, three new games and more than a few spin-offs. It's not change that pisses me off, but how everyone acts as if this is finally the return of the real resident evil when it's actually a PT rip-off, which was a huge departure in itself from a series that had nothing to with RE in the first place (silent hill). It couldn't be any further away from re as it is.

>RE6fags actually exist

>lets just steal the other dead franchise a make a game out of it

I can't believe this is real life

I'm looking forward to it.

You guys are forgetting we are still getting the Resident Evil 2 Remake so I'm guessing the plans are like this

RE7 = for new horror fans
REmake2 = for old horror fans
Umbrella Corps = action/multiplayer-fans
RE7 is still set in the world of Resident Evil so it is going to be fun to see what it is actually about (it's not ghosts)

only dumb immature new horror fans think that. Everyone that has been around knows this is a new thing for Resident Evil

Hell, even Capcoms official site for the game says so, that it is a new evolution.

So it's a dark souls clone now, great.

GirlGamerGab isn't obnoxious, so go see her.

>Those Umbrella gasmask dudes towards the end

WE'RE HERE
WE'RE QUEER
GET USED TO IT!

>new fans

theres never such a thing

this is a fairy tale that old developers wont let go of

Are you mentally handicapped? If so, I'm sorry.

Oh, okay, so that's why Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 sold more than REmake.

Also, when I write new horror fans, I'm obviously talking about the fans of new horror franchises, like Outlast and Amnesia

no its because they were still RE universe games until 6

This VR dad might just make me quit gaming. I'm so fucking disappointed about RE7... It's looks like a shitty budget indie game

I'm sure we will still have revelations
Also any Evil Within fans notice it seems more like an EW house?
youtube.com/watch?v=7P2EvydBDFE

then
youtube.com/watch?v=0DqErEXg1GQ

I wonder if there's a market for a full priced game going for that though, weren't outlast, amnesia and what not all budget releases?

Fuck off the best resident evil games werent action games, but they had more substance than this shit

Umbrella corps offers bonothing to me as a coop campaign fan

PLACE YOUR BETS

How hard will they push the LP marketing?

Early copies to Youtubers first?
Commercials featuring LP'ers?
Getting some kind of special contact with PEEEEEWDIIEPIE?

and here I had once thought the franchise was wrecked when they introduced a zombifying parasite...

>Silent Hill was greenlit to cop some of that RE fame and success, marketing makes this painfully apparent
>devs ended up doing their own thing
>fifty years later RE is now copping that SH steez
YES

True but it's all we got now.

>people will argue RE4 was just as different
>people will argue a third person shooting game was just as different from a fixed angle third person action game as a first person walking simulator is from a third person shooter
>people will argue that RE4 ruined the franchise even though virtually every fixed angle game series stopped using fixed angles or prerendered backgrounds in that generation
>people will argue RE4 made the series action eventhough it always differentiated itself from other horror games by being more action packed and more of a thriller
>people will pretend RE3 didn't have a lot of action and ammo, or that Code Veronica didn't have those shitty action movie cutscenes

Fuck this game. It doesn't even look like a Japanese game. The writing, design, and aesthetics are nothing like Resident Evil. It's just Silent Hills shit, which wasn't even like Silent Hill. It's a Westaboo's wetdream after watching a bunch of shitty movies.

>the b-movie horror shlocky aesthetic was part of the appeal
Nice revisionist history faggot. The horrible voice acting and story were there to be ignored. There was nothing schlocky or campy about the scares in the first few RE games, they were made to be genuinely scary.

>hating on the cheesy cutscenes
fuck you they were great

>RE1-6 are third person and all look and sound like Japanese made games
>RE7 is first person and indistinguishable from American indie games sans the graphical strength of the game

Why? How is this a return to roots? What roots? RE1 was scary for its time perhaps, but the games were always thrillers. There were plenty of horror games out on the market at the time, but few had the action the RE games did. That was always what distinguished them. That and a sense of character. There is good reason why your characters talk so much in RE and why you control them in third person. It has never been about some immersive movie bullshit.

Game looks bad. Why don't you control Jake in the middle east with gameplay that's actually fun and not boring survival horror shit. There are tons of games like that already, why would Resident Evil go from iconic, full of advancement, to stale 1 of dozens of survival horror games which had random people that aren't even in the past RE games. You probably control a chick too, thanks a lot to those who complained about 6, I get a shitty 7 cause of you in which I'm not getting. This isn't even RE anymore.