Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

They might as well call it Elder Scrolls: Hyrule. What the fuck is wrong with people and when will this open world meme end?

Minecraft Zelda

It looks fun.

Zelda was always open world

>not open world
>wahh too linear
>open world
>skyrim ripoff

Ok.

Dude, this is proper Zelda only a lot bigger. Did you see all the gadgets you get to move the environment? This *is* fuckin ZELDA!

Zelda has always been an "open world" not a very good one, but one nonetheless.

what do you mean by this?

What the fuck are you talking about

Zelda is the mother of open world games ffs. An overworld in the Elder Scrolls exists because of Zelda.

Why does he look so fucking bronzed, Jesus.

Looks marginally better than Skyward Sword at least. I'm definitely worried about the open world meme but at least there's some verticality, which really helps.

>that short ass intro
>then exploration
Best game of E3.

>open world meme
Here's your reply 4/10

Fuck off with your linear jrpg bullshit.

Yeah. Tell bitch ass op that, that nigga don't know shit

It looks like the game will hold your hand a lot I'm worried it will be one of "those" games where you just use the minimap and follow the objectives, i.e. all open world games in the past few years

Fuck off, both are fine and can coexist.

Why is Chico so cute?

Yeah. I don't understand what "open world" means. How would you make Zelda MORE open world unless you literally make it limitless and you can travel infinitely in one direction with no obstacles. .

>Zelda is the mother of open world games ffs.

Ultima you fucking underage error

>They might as well call it Elder Scrolls: Hyrule

I would honestly take TES over this. This is an Ubisoft tier big empty world with a bunch of useless shit to collect.

This is how it should be done.

It already ended but Nintendo, as always, is stuck in the past

MFW I don't have to play this game

I can just assume its like every other Zelda and no one will ever know

but user zelda was always open world! :^)

I mean Zelda STARTED as open world and you had to fighure out where the dungeons were basically without any help, it's only the recent games that have been more linear, this game's just double-downing back on zelda's roots.

>this is what console kiddies actually believe

yeah, maybe zelda 1

>They might as well call it Elder Scrolls: Hyrule.
Its closer to something like RDR than Elder Scrolls. Notice how there isn't 500 billion icons all over the map and you actually find stuff on your own.

But keep those meme's a comin'!

nintendo is not only 2 generations behind on graphics, theyre also 2 generations behind on the kind of game styles that people are interested in

Where are the towns and dungeons

This looks fantastic and I'm someone that hasn't owned a Nintendo consoles since the SNES. I was already kind of excited for the NX because if the rumors of a hybrid mobile/home console are true then this could be something great, but with this I might just buy it if we also get something like a Metroid or Pokemon console game.

It's not going to stop. I want to discuss the good and the bad of this game so far but nobody with an negative opinions is being reasonable. I know I shouldn't be surprised.

ok let me repeat myself for all you retard in this thread

ocarina has a big hub that connect several places that aren't open world, wind waker has a hub so big they had to put a fast forward button for the rerelease, skyward sword and twilight princess don't even have something like that

this is not the same thing, that's why they are showing you shit like rolling boulders on random enemies and hunting animals, this is aimed at the "see that mountain?" crowd, because they are a bunch of stupid overexcitable fags that always fall for it everytime todd tell them sweet sweet lies, it has already fucked metal gear, it will fuck final fantasy and it will fuck this game too when it get released next year

It's not Elder Scrolls. Everything points to The Phantom Pain-like.

>Tablet with Scanning/Marking/Map/Other features
>Resource gathering for upgrades and dozens of weapon unlocks
>GPS and Sound Radar
>Sneaking, Weather Advantage/Disadvantage
>Enemy Alert Phases and Alarms

The list goes on.

>see that mountain, you can climb it. Literally

Nintendo just BTFO Todd

The map looks too big and lacks depth like a Bethesda open world game. Add in annoying crafting, cooking and collectibles and you have a guaranteed recipe for a shit game.

>overexcitable
You're forgetting the comfy crowd. I love empty flowing fields between stuff to do. It's why I hate Ubisoft collectathon worlds.

Empty Wild, more like.

>People can't tell the difference between hub-based games and open world trash

It looks fucking god tier

End your life

Aonuma did it. He delivered a 10/10

>no music
>fire arrows in some random chest

Bravo Nintendo........ Bravo

this.

zelda u looking like fable 2. crafting? weapon durability? getting a weird "been there done that" feeling with this, and it's because i have literally been playing games with the same mechanics for over a decade and a half.

i get that you can deconstruct games to basically be that, but i don't really understand why anyone felt the need to create a zelda that looked so much like generic western rpgs.

worse is how late into the wii u's lifecycle this is.

i am disappoint

I'm genuinely curious. What makes an Open world game?

man, Sup Forums just likes to shitpost Nintendo for the sake of shitposting no matter how hard they have to reach.

>Find new bow
>Tutorial on shooting arrows
>Even though you already had a bow

It doesn't use a HUB area (like the Hyrule Fields in Ocarina/Twilight) or break up the game into zones (again, Twilight). Like Reggie said at the beginning, it uses 'seamless' transitions between areas.

You're confusing open world and sandbox. The original Zelda is open world.

I like all the comparisons to Fallout and Skyrim, as if their open worlds are what make those games mediocre/bad.

What happened to the months of discussion about how the lack of RPG elements and good writing are the worst parts of them? But nope, those games are bad so open world games are bad. The shitposting is too much.

Ultima was you retarded nintendrone.

wait

so you would say dark souls, bloodborne etc are hub based games

Okay i´ll admit it, i love the new Zelda, but im not gonna buy a Wii U just for one game

Thats not what open world means

>arrows fall and get blown by the wind
That's really neat.

Absolutely.

What kind of game did you want then you fucking faggot stupid nigger fuck?

They break the areas up into zones. Or 'levels' if you want to think of it like that.

Bloodborne is.

Dark souls isn't because you aren't locked out of exploration most of the game and aren't forced to return to firelink ever.

They're all just a bunch of fags who are mad that it's politically incorrect

20 years ago they would call elder scrolls a zelda clone

now they call zelda an elder scrolls clone

what a wonderful time to be alive

>its an RPG, for real now guise!
>game and lore is loaded with weapons and spells
>still can't choose different class besides Warrior
LOL

except DS3 ofc

I actually don't like "hub-based" or sandbox open world. I prefer seamless with interconnection and sequence breaking.

>Zelda was always open world like this

Is this "pretending to be retarded to win arguments" day?

It's simple, you just have to look at the size of the map VS the depth it offers. Think about it. Designing a single room or small outside area to be fun sure is easier than designing two billion of them, isn't it?

If the ratio goes over the point of you having to spend at least half your time playing the game traveling from objective to objective, then it's Open World.

The first Legend of Zelda isn't open world because each small section of the map was basically a small level with enemies coming for your ass and shit. You can't compare it with something like Skyrim, where you have miles upon miles of empty fields. Now that's an Open World game.

Elaborate

>not a very good one

here is a response to add to your collection i hope you feel happy

my only comment is this:
*questioning voice*
"What? metal gannon!?!"

>aren't forced to return to firelink ever

Come on now.

>What happened to the months of discussion about how the lack of RPG elements and good writing are the worst parts of them?
Oblivion and Fallout 3 had "RPG elements" , and were still considered bad games you retard. Bethesda games also never had good writing.

If anything ruined Skyrim and Fallout 4 it's the questing and combat.

Without a doubt. Do you honestly think Dark Souls is open world? Are you insane?

I'm not falling for this shit after the abomination that Xenoblade X was.

That's exactly what open world means.

it looks so good im so happy right now.

ikr

Elder Scrolls was never remotely anything like Zelda. It was its own special brand of cancer from the very start.

The first and second game are literally 95% randomly generated. Level design? Who the fuck needs it?

good lord Audrey's tits

something more unique. that's been zelda's strong suit. the mechanics have never really been top of the line shit, it's always been about basic adventure gameplay with interesting dungeons, puzzles and aesthetic.

i would never call windwaker generic despite it being a fairly simplistic game mechanically, but i'm not going to be shocked and awed by zelda implementing mechanics that have been common in western rpgs for about a decade now. if i wanted that, i would play western rpgs.

>when will this open world meme end?
Zelda games were open world from the get go. What the fuck is this?

>big empty world
>survival
>shit graphics

lol nintendrones will defend this

...phantom pain.

a game that has been in development about just as long as phantom pain, and it's stealing from a game that didn't even come out a year ago... okay

granted they could have taken some things but at most maybe one or two things given how long development takes for a zelda game

>something more unique
skyward sword was plenty unique
it was also shit
fuck you and die

>elder scrolls: hyrule
HAHAHAHAHA they fucking wish. This is like a poor man's Ubisoft open world meme game.
Fuck Nintendo

Would Twighlight Princess qualify as an open world, by that definition. I feel like most of that game was just me commuting from place to place through long fields between each destination.

Nope. Hub based. Each square was a different little area.

Are you faggots gonna say that Metroidvania games are Open World games too? Can you seriously not understand the difference between something like Vampire Masquerade/Zelda and GTA/Skyrim?

>It's Minecraft!
>It's Skyrim!
>It's Dark Souls!
>It's SotC!
>all games inspired by Zelda

nintendo graphics are always shit why reiterate it. it is passable though given it's "artistic" style that looks unique and appealing

also already say it's empty when the selective parts they've been showing have been pretty full of content

Twilight Princess was definitely one of the emptiest Zelda games. I don't think it's big enough to justify calling it an Open World game, and every area was still instanced off, but I remember very distinctly going through those annoyingly long Hyrule Fields on a horse and that was very reminiscent of Elder Scrolls cancer.

White fog literally everywhere. What I hate about modern video games. Why can't they have proper graphics like in the 6th generation?

i never once implied that unique meant good you simpleton. skyward sword was unique and shit, majora's mask was unique and great.

you cannot actually be this retarded.

>delusional bethesdafag
At least Nintendo can stream a live demo of their game without worrying about breaking the physics on literally everything

>nintendo
>unique
>appealing

lol

I like the emptiness, gives the game flavour. A slightly increased run speed would make it better, though.

this, how can people forget that Zelda was there before any of those, and that they would never be what they are if it wasnt for Zelda

People shit on Skyrim and Fallout 4 more though. Nevermind that, it was simply more topical. You didn't do anything but reinforce my point anyways. People are complaining about this game for the one redeeming feature of those shit shows.

Its a meme

>I like the emptiness, gives the game flavour.
You are the reason why good men suffer.

>I LOVE EMPTY SPACE, IT'S SO IMMERSIVE/COMFY
Fuck off, Open World fag.

>Ubisoft open world meme game
The map isn't cluttered with epic collectibles and other points of interest every 10 feet.

>amiibo shit already confirmed
What a joke

Holy fuck you're triggered. Do me a favour, don't buy the game, and work on your ADHD.