I love Crash but I don´t know what is worse

I love Crash but I don´t know what is worse.

The fact that people should be hyped for the same games that I bought at 1999 20 years later for no reason.

or the fact that the new videogames, franchises and developers are so shit that we only can clinge on old as fuck IPs

Street Fighter V, Metal Gear Solid V, Sonic 25th anniversary, Doom second remaster, KOF fucking 14, Final whocares Fantasy, Deus Ex 4/5th game, The Sims: Transelectric Bogaloo, Battlefield: Old CoD version, Dungeon "Rape my skull with your mobile shit" Keeper, fucking Mario 64 now for real because there are so many fucking games with that italian bastard holy shit... And people STILL EXPECTS HALF LIFE 3.

They are selling us the same shit from 30 years ago and it still works, when the good thing about those franchises was how they broke the mold and did something totally new.

This hobby got old. I don´t think I want to play videogames anymore, fuck this. Is literally always the same.

You can get in here and cry with me or at least recommend me some mindblowing game that feels fresh.

And of course Fallout 4 Todd Howard go choke on a shit you jew

Good thread. Sorry no one is responding.

Thank you kind user have this funny picture.

I have never seen a crowd turn so fast as that crash reveal with the skylanders shit
It stole Kojimbos thunder definitely

>1999 was 20 years ago

>The Sims: Transelectric Bogaloo
lost

They're remasters "from the ground up", presumably meaning full remakes.

>the people screaming for a new crash game are the same people who've played the originals many times over
>sony announces hd collection of the same games we've been emulating with hd filters for the past 15 years
>this is supposed to please the fans

Who was the fucking asshead who thought of this?

Why the fuck does Crash need a remaster anyway? It looks great for a 1996 PS1 game, and the wacky 90s style and aesthetics would honestly look a lot worse in HD.

And we don't even get a new game either, just Skylanders shit. Woop de frigging do.

Anyway to answer your question your question it's because new ideas are hard to come up with these days, and new ideas that are actually good are even harder to come up with. So very rarely will you find something that's wholly original AND doesn't blow ass. Also people are generally unwilling to leave their comfort zone and try new things.

>The fact that people should be hyped for the same games that I bought at 1999 20 years later
but its 2016 user

There's no proof of that yet.

Which means PS1 ports with a pretty light filter.

It's probably just going to look how it does in Uncharted 4

Crash 2 is my favorite game of all time, so I don't care if it's just a money grab. I'm still hyped as fuck

Because that's really what the fans want, just the same game over and over again with shiny graphics and a fresh coat of paint. Look at the FFVII remake, even before it was announced as being episodic people were screaming bloody murder over changes to the combat, because it's more action-oriented instead of being the simple ATB "stand in a line, pick action, wait your turn etc." formula.

>inb4 Cocofag enters thread and converts everyone into furries

I think we've just come full circle, meaning we had these groundbreaking titles, and then we became accustomed to new trends that moved away from tradition, and now we want the old because it feels refreshing compared to the new.

You're definitely right that people confuse specific games and franchises with the innovations they provided at the time. Although people aren't as dumb as they seem, considering the Crash remasters aren't exactly receiving universal praise.

It was clearly Activision telling them they can have a new Crash but they have to give Skylanders prime real estate in the conference and whatever plans they have for Crash can't eclipse it. Why does everyone have such a limited view of what's going on?

which one

Sup Forums has become so cynical and jaded that we automatically assume the worst.

New ideas that work are ALWAYS hard to find, and put them in the worskshop is a really hard bet.

But is what people should do, not only that, is the kind of thing that people should appreciate, now we have a really wide stream of indie games and trends and mechanics and people just buy the same AAA shit without rethinking what they really want.

And even nowadays there are original ideas putting a lot of work.

People can say what they want about Minecraft but that game is fucking original and it was ruined to the ground because of repetitive exposure. Is like the Doom of our days.

Dark Souls did well some great concepts that where partially done already, but with good execution. Now everybody is trying to do 1:1 of their game.

We have even fucking VR. But even the indie developers are too lazy to make something new.
And people too stupid to pay attention.

I hope it... Crashes.

Those are conjetures right now. Show me gameplay of the new game or I will still be let down, is simple as that.

>They are selling us the same shit from 30 years ago and it still works, when the good thing about those franchises was how they broke the mold and did something totally new

Weird, I played games for fun. I don't remember ever thinking "man this game is fun. It must be because it is a brand new concept". I also don't ever remember going "man I've played a similar game a few times but I'm still having fun. I should stop having fun now since this isn't something totally new".

Good thing you are here to tell us the intelligent way to have fun.

How about you go ahead and realize that you have lost interest in video games, and the reason you think you might still want to enjoy them is purely because of nostalgia. There is nothing wrong with moving on to a new hobby that you find more interesting.

Even if that were true, if Activision's the one calling the shots then we'll just get a sequel to Mind Over Mutant, rather than a return to classic form.

>it's a games were better when I was a kid episode

I wonder what they will do with Crash Bandicoot 1. It was incredibly fun back then but the gameplay doesn't hold up today. And if they're not making a new game, it probably means that it's just going to be a port.
In other words: It's going to suck.

You can like a game for whatever you want to like it I´m not going to be a dictator about that.
If you want to play different games witht he same gameplay I´m not going to tell you why you shouldn´t enjoy it. Hell, I still play Street Fighter 3S, and I´m a sucker for fighting games that may look the same to a lot of people.

But the industry is ripping off us and giving literally nothing new when they say is new, and people are eating that shit up, we have no standards right now.

I´m not tired of videogames, I just play old games and some hidden gems (And I don´t really have a lot of time to play), but the spoiler part is something really well said.

Better or worse we had a really wide variety of games, AAA or not. Some of them weren´t as successful as others but at least they were appreciated.

What are you doing here ? Sup Forums don't stop shitting on games for being the same "rehash", or being "ruined" when they aren't "rehash". Basically Sup Forums hate video games and it's always amazing to see all this shitposting.

You've never compared the game you're playing to others, and made judgements based on that? You've never stopped playing a game because it was boring and you felt like you had played it before, or found a game fun because it had something original?

The worst part is, the OP never mentioned fun at all. You added that in to make the point personal when OP was speaking objectively about industry trends. Nice attempt fella, but I'm not buying it.