Why do people give Nintendo games a free pass that they don't give to other developers?

Why do people give Nintendo games a free pass that they don't give to other developers?

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233515
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What new IP's?

autism post

>Zelda wasn't open world until this game
Hmmm

Why do Sup Forums posters give other developers a free pass that they don't give to Nintendo?

Okay? It's not doing anything new. Just new for the franchise. There are a million other games that play like this, but they don't have the Zelda name so people don't care.

zelda was open world since the first game you dipshit

>being this retarded

Because people play Zelda games for the adventure and dungeons. This demo just showed off a small portion of the hub, which traditionally is a secondary aspect of Zelda games.

>New IPs
>In 2016
Fucking lol

>Game's not out yet
>Pretend like its been reviewed

>Zelda game

THIS ISN'T ENOUGH LIKE OOT SO I HATE IT.

>New IP

OH MAN THIS IS THE ZELDA GAME I'VE ALWAYS WANTED WHY DOESN'T ZELDA DO THIS?

>sonycuckolds this mad that Nintendo only had to announce ONE game to generate more hype than their sissy cuckboys at Sony did

kek

KEK

Other way around, friend. Nintendo are the only ones receiving actual criticism while everyone buys garbage like Uncharted and Overwatch

holy shit not even wrong

haha that's a nice frog meme image my reddit friend!

BECAUSE NINTENDO IS BETTER THAN OTHER DEVELOPERS YOU FUCKING TURBONIGGER

>havent bought a PS4 yet and dont give two shits about Xbone
>PC literally has no games once again
>was dumb enough to buy a WiiU
>even when I like that new Zelda I'm still disappointed that it was literally the only new game for WiiU worth the time

Nintendo-only babies are fucking retarded.

Thousand times this.

I don't think if Okami would've been as loved if it was Zelda: Paintbrush of Gods Inspired by Japanese Mythology.

BECAUSE ITS ZELDA YOU RETARD. ITS OBVIOUSLY GREAT. STUPID KID

Are you mad that no one cares about Sony's plagiarized version on the console where """""""""""""greatness""""""""""""""""" (tm) Awaits?

Don't leave me hanging user. Who's this qt?

Who said anything about Sony?

Do you have Sony on the brain all the time?

>meanwhile at Sony

>I-I'm not a sonyfag!

pathetic

>Implying I don't think Horizon, which is basically just this with more robots, worse presentation, and a more realistic artstyle, looks fucking cool.

End yourself, OP.
I don't even like Open World games, but Horizon and Zeldie look fun.

>sony
???

Im just glad Link is white

Sony. You know, the company you worship like a pathetic cock-cage wearing sissy cuckold.

>Nintendorks doing kiddie stuff

More at 11, Bob

>Who said anything about Sony?

Look at the fucking picture, you idiot. That's exactly what Sony did. They copied Zelda just like when they tried to copy Mario Kart and Smash.

Death Stranding was the most hyped reveal.

Which is why you also have a PC that conveniently makes both the other consoles near-pointless. Wii U still has the advantages that used to be associated with consoles, no massive day-one patches, put the game in and play, no subscription fees, little DLC beyond a handful of games and it has good exclusives you can't get on PC (yet)

This forum is NintendoGAF everyone outside Reddit Beta thinks it looks like shit.

See:

You realize you kojimababbies are a very small minority, right?

Why don't sonycucks just go to /r/ps4?

everyone there will agree with you

Metal Gear going open world was s u c h a g o o d i d e a right? How could that ever fail, it's going to be amazing, the game world is huge, imagine how much cool stuff you'll be able to do

There's a cool idea behind Horizon but the gameplay looked so painfully scripted and easy. Typical western-style hand-holding and "streamlining" so everyone can play and get that feeling of instant gratification.

>being hyped up for a game made by the killzone devs

smhsenpai

>she

Because the people actually getting excited for ANOTHER literal rehash of OoT which they've been doing for 20 years are the same people who have been buying Amiibos and playing Smash Brothers competitively.

Absolute fucking retards.

This is more of a LoZ remake than an OOT remake

>rehash of oot
are we looking at the same game

Because its Nintendo, and people have brand loyalty to it simply because its been around for so long.

Which also leads to people being blinded by nostalgia as well in all honesty.

So Bill and Aonuma just said that this is a specific version for E3 with towns and NPCs removed to not spoil people. I'm glad because the world really looks empty even though the game seems fun

>open world stealth game
>open world action-adventure game
same thing

>How could that ever fail, it's going to be amazing, the game world is huge, imagine how much cool stuff you'll be able to do
But it had a lot of things you were able to do, and they were fun

If it was a rehash of OoT Zelda fans would love it.

>others
>CGI cinematic trailers

>Nintendo
>6 hours of ganeplay

fuck

>ANOTHER literal rehash of OoT

Hohohoooooolyyyyyyyy fuck. And you think you can judge the intelligence of others. Go be a tardmaster somewhere else, like r/playstation.

Same reason Steam and since last gen Sony get free passes on things.
They've been around long enough for people to get legitimate nostalgia for them.

It's not like the name has ever been associated with quality or anything

I just want to see what the dungeons look like. Seeing all the different mechanics interact out in the wild is great, but I want to see what they look like in the concentrated and tightly designed puzzle and combat tests.

>it's a shitposter tries to look smart without looking at the game episode

Breath of the Wild looks like it might actually have some cool physics mechanics that make good use of the open world.

Wildlands and Horizon look like every fucking open world Ubisoft game made in the last 10 years.

>every fucking open world Ubisoft game made in the last 10 years.

which ones?

lana_rain_best_cam_no_lag_hd_

>b-b-but its not this time
Yeah, just like Skyward Sword
or Twilight Princess
or Wind Waker
or Majoras Mask, a game literally made off the scraps of OoT

Im sure the game wont follow the same "Go to a dungeon, get the item, use the item on the boss, get a heart container, go to the next dungeon" formula five or six times until you fight two forms of ganon.

Dont forget the literally useless exploration to get arrow or wallet upgrades you'll never need, or heart pieces that you actually wont need unless you're brain dead and actually die in these piss easy games designed for children.

Sup Forums is shitting itself over a trailer that only featured dead animals and naked Norman Reedus and you're asking why this place only gives Nintendo a free pass?

If it was literally anyone else behind it it would have been called pretentious hipster garbage.

Thanks OP, this is my problem with the Zelda franchise, an ocarina of time as well.
If you took the same game, but remove Zelda from the title, and not be released by Nintendo, but literally any other company, nobody gave any shit about it.

It's not a trap. Lana Rain.

>others
>new shit

>Nintendo
>game in development since Wiiu's launch

>People give less shits about games that aren't part of an existing franchise or made with established industry leaders leading the way

Holy shit Sup Forums, what a revelation this is.

Days Gone

"The Wizrobe: Breath of the Wild Hunt"

>Nintendocuck
>using ad populum arguments

This is sure to end well.

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233515

Based Anouma

Zelda was announced 2 years ago though.

Nintendo still hasn't announced new games this E3.

>I KNO EBRYTING ABOUT GAEM EVEN THO I AINT SCENE NO FOOTIJ OF GAEM IM SO SMRT 4 PLAYIN DA CONSOUL WE'RE GR8NIS^tm AW8S N NOT PLAYAN NERD10DORK GAEMS

Okay, dudebro ledditor shill.

Thanks

>others
>announced new titles

>Nintendo
>gameplay of a game they announced 2 years ago , took them this long to finally show it

I'm not asure you get what E3 is about.

Not him but the Far Cry games, more so Primal because no guns.

That being said I think Horizon looks cool and I didn't see anything about WiLD this year (I've been at work all day). Caught some Zelda stuff on my lunch break and I'm excited for the game.

Contain your autistic spergouts, user.

Sony
>David Cage game - New IP
>Spiderman by Insomniac - New IP
>Horizon - Open world game - New IP
>Resident Evil 7
>Last Guardian - New IP
>Nier 2
>Wild - New IP
>Persona 5
>Death Stranding - New IP
>Biker Zombie game - New IP
>God of War 4

Nintendo
>Pokemon #10421040
>Zelda #1230412024
>Amiiboos

Lana Rain. camgirl.

>gameplay of a game they announced 2 years ago , took them this long to finally show it

You mean like TLG?

If that's what you consider to be open world than Assault On The Control Room from Halo: Combat Evolved is open world, too, I guess.

>All open world games are either equally bad or shit, there are no differences
And once again, OP was a fag.

NEOFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>implying Mario Party Star Rush isn't new

>Just new for the franchise.
spotted the underage

No it wasn't. You had to get items to grant you access to new areas, like the raft and ladder.

Can I be excited for both? Waiting for the stupid PS4k or whatever to drop so I can get a cheap PS4 second hand like the poorfag I am.

To be completely fair, I don't think this build is accurately representative of the whole game. No towns, and all that.

>actually including david cage
you guys are desperate

>Anyone who doesn't like Nintendo is Sony
You do know there's this thing called "Microsoft", right? And then you wonder why no one takes your platform seriously, throwing black and white fallacies all over the place.

Nice argument, faoggotron

>comics from the fucking 60s counts as a new IP
>pokemon doesn't

Kys

because nintendo isn't afraid to try new things when they're shit gets old

>microsoft
>relevant
everything they announced is on PC, there is literally no reason to own an xbone anymore.

You've never played metal gear or zelda on nes, have you?

Nintendo usually has a level of quality that the competition can only dream about. To the point where they've literally complained in the past that Nintendo's games are too good and therefore too hard to compete against.

>Nice argument
>after I KNO EBRYTING ABOUT GAEM EVEN THO I AINT SCENE NO FOOTIJ OF GAEM IM SO SMRT 4 PLAYIN DA CONSOUL WE'RE GR8NIS^tm AW8S N NOT PLAYAN NERD10DORK GAEMS

You first, autismo ;^)

Meanwhile, people constantly harp on 343 for changing too much. Catch 22.

They don't get a free pass, Nintendo/v/ (which includes PCucks who don't even like Nintendo. They just all band together against PS4 because "muh exclusives") were blown the fuck out again by the PS4s conference that showed nothing but games.

First the response was:

>God of War announced and they are taking a totally different spin on it to avoid it being a typical rehash
>"i-it looks shit heh"
>Then the David Cage Heavy Rain tier game
>"w-well it's a movie"
>Last Guardian (with a release date)
>"l-lol, silky smooth"
>Then the Horizon open world game
>"m-muh SJW female protag"
>Then RE7
>"f-fucking PT clone!"
>Then Crash 1, 2 and 3 remastered
>"t-they will fuck it up"
>Then the new Kojima game
>"i-it will come to PC. A deleted Q&A from 2015 s-s-said so. S-s-so what if SCEA funded it!"
>Then the new Spiderman is confirmed exclusive to PS4
>"f-f-fucking SOnyggers"

Throw in the FFXV, FF7 remake, Persona 5, Nier 2, Wild, Shenmue 3 and this was the biggest amount of salt, denial and delusion i've seen on Sup Forums since Project Beast.

They are unrionically claiming that Xbox had a better conference despite showing nothing but some indies, meme Twitch gamer pirate game and customizeable controllers ontop of a new overpriced and underpowered console upgrade.

Shit, they are even implying Nintendo won by showing nothing more than a bland and empty open world Zelda game and Pokemon. Zelda literally looks like MGSV in that it's all flash ("muh cool tech") and zero substance. The open world looked pitifully empty with no worthwhile shit to do or explore but rather "woah.. I can climb this tree!". But Sup Forums will defend it up until it releases (and then it will be branded as mediocre like most recent Zelda games) because the Wii U has literally NOTHING else.

I've been literally sitting back and laughing at the denial going on and I don't even care much for my PS4 right now. It's still a shitty Bloodborne box as far as i'm concerned but there's no denying it. Sup Forums got BTFO

But for what reason are they leading the industry? They haven't been doing that since at least 20 years, so I don't understand why people still give a shit about them and give them free pass to present shit, and the morons eat it right up.

you are spot on OP. if this was any other company, the game would be a laughing stock.

>Windows isn't owned by MS
Still not taking you seriously, especially because you didn't read my reply in full.