Howard said. “It's something we love. But it is—I have to be careful what I say—it's a very long way off...

>Howard said. “It's something we love. But it is—I have to be careful what I say—it's a very long way off. I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, 'That sounds like you don't even have the technology—how long is that going to take?' And so it's something that's going to take a lot of time, what we have in mind for that game

What fucking gimmick are they working on? It's going to be a fucking VR-exclusive game isn't it?

pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-is-in-development-todd-howard-confirms/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_remake
youtube.com/watch?v=2K8Q4fdpy7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It'll contain Tamriel as a whole with the same level of detail as Morrowind.

Glad Bethesda realized they needed to wait a long time to accomplish something so great.

More like
>Skyshit is still selling. Make an HD version and let's focus on feeding fallout hype to casuals instead
>We can just throw in a gimmick later so people don't notice we rush the game

Doesn't matter.

Magicka, Health, and Stamina are what sold in the last series, not classes, not what made the game an actual good game, not skills to level up, little stat differences and perk points that did little to nothing to change combat.

It sold once, so they're going to try to sell it this time again, remember. Fire Frost and Lightening will be the only magic.

Game is going to fail.

i honestly think Bethesda should release another DLC for Skyrim. they have sold a shitton of copies and would make a shitton of money even if they outsourced it to some side dev for expediency

In all seriousness they probably want to bring in more guap from Skyrims rerelease to further development for TES 6.
Rereleasing skyrim would also help hold normies over for a bit.

>It'll contain Tamriel as a whole with the same level of detail as Morrowind.
no it wont

No. Normal people have been dying to play Skyrim on the PS4 and Xbone. They are going to pay for it again just to do that. If they'll do that, then they'll surely eat up whatever game Bethesda games and calls Elder Scrolls 6.

>What fucking gimmick are they working on? It's going to be a fucking VR-exclusive game isn't it?

There is no gimmick. This guy always makes it sound like their games are pushing hardware when the truth is their programmers are subpar and their optimizers are non-existent.

Compare the reviews of Fallout 4 on Steam with the ones from FO3 or New Vegas.

People are starting to realize how Bethesda is casualizing the series more than it already is.

If TES 6 ends up being somehow more simple than Skyrim as far as world, quests or gameplay goes, the community will riot.

It's already happening with EA (See Battlefront).

Video game renaissance soon.

>What fucking gimmick are they working on
climbing ladders

THE FUTURE

NOT POSSIBLE IN GAMEBRYO

>YFW Bethesda is working around the clock to hack Gamebryo just to add really, really buggy unoptimized ladder climbing that breaks the game if it isn't running at exactly 30fps

Anyone wanna enlighten me on why the fuck Bethesda is "remastering" a five year old game when previous master pieces like Oblivion and morrowind which aged much better and weren't even considered? Do normalfag casuals think they're too hard? Or is Bethesda too lazy to update some textures snd restructure the already made game into a new engine.

Trying to force a connection to Fallout.

Apparently every single developer out there is too lazy when it comes to most HD remakes because 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of them are complete ass and basically just an old game adjusted to run on a new system with maybe the main character models slightly higher resolution.

However as for the reason they're doing Skyrim HD, that's because normal people are absolutely crazy about that game. It's about money.

It's been five years since Skyrim came out, I'm surprised as fuck 6 still hasn't been announced
The only possible scenario that makes sense to me is that they are using an actual new engine but that's probably not the case

Skyrim was the msot popular of the series, also it is by far the easiest to remaster.

After Skyrim and F3/F4 I can't give a single fuck about whatever slop Todd is pushing out of his manlet asshole.

it will take less effort for Skyrim. that and the fact Skyrim was popular are the only reasons. You have to understand that most normie casuals still remember Skyrim and they will buy it again. Most of these people never touched the earlier games.

I hope to god they don't have a voiced protagonist and the Fo4 style chat wheel.

No fucking way

Next you'll be saying they'll add impossible shit like spears, decent combat, and non-linear dungeons

They've got teams in constant brainstorm sessions trying to figure out how to streamline the game even more. By the time it releases you will play the game entirely with 1 context sensitive button.

>Skyrim was the easiest to remaster
Bullshit. It aint rocket science to add new hd textures and re-art the already made game. If halo 1 and 2 anniversary and Black Mesa exist then there is no fucking excuse to not remaster morrowind or Oblivion. I find it funny that fans are remastering morrowind themselves since Napoleon faced todd has his head too far up his lying ass.

Does anyone who played before Skyrim even care about the series anymore.

it's completely different gameplay wise at this point and the setting is almost different aside from races and some lore tidbits

>It's been five years since Skyrim came out,

didnt even realize how much time ive spent playing that game oh well its well known Bethesda has a 7 year development cycle.

Nobody has heard of Oblivion, maybe some people remember playing it on their cousins 360 when they were a child.
Skyrim is the probably most popular non-phone game for casuals ever.

Probably just focused too much on Fallout 4. As if anyone fucking cares about that game besides normals who dropped it after 2 months

It's the most popular but not the easiest to remaster, that would be Oblivion as all they need to do with that is fix the potato faces and level scaling

thing is though, they are just slapping an ENB on that shit and calling it a day

Divinity II had ladders though.

>It's been five years since Skyrim came out, I'm surprised as fuck 6 still hasn't been announced
Because they don't see the point of announcing it. They know they are making it, you know they are making it, but until they have something to show there is nothing to announce. And since Fallout 4 is still getting DLC, they don't have the manpower to make TES6 yet. They only truly started on Fallout 4 once Skyrim DLC development ended.

Why not make the combat like dark souls?

What are you fucking stupid? Even the best community mods for Oblivion don't make it look that great, especially characters. The 'remastered skyrim' though can be achieved with mid-tier mods that already exist on the PC. Its the simplest shit. I bet they didn't even touch character models one bit, much less animations. That's another thing, oblivion animations are even worse than Skyrim ones by a noticeable margin. You people are so fucking stupid if you think remastering an older game that would require some work to look decent is easier than slapping what are essentially MODS onto Skyrim and merging them into skyrim.bsa/skyrim.esm.

Are you telling me if I press a button something awesome will happen?

>That sounds like you don't even have the technology—how long is that going to take?'

MOVING TREE CITIES CONFIRMED

ELDER SCROLLS VI VALENWOOD CONFIRMED

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

>They only truly started on Fallout 4 once Skyrim DLC development ended.

Man I find that hard to believe. Fallout 4 feels like a game made by 8 underpaid interns working in a windowless basement.

1) todd's bethesda isn't the studio doing the remaster. it's todd's bethesda's newly formed child studio in montreal. they're in chart of bethesda's little sideprojects like this. todd's bethesda already confirmed they're working on TES 6, they don't have time for remaking an older game

2) do you know what "remaster" means? oblivion and especially morrowind would need to be remade from the ground up. which means a hundred million dollars and 3-4 years of developerment time. with skyrim, they could just port it over to an updated version of the engine and added some new textures and lighting.

3) this was done primarily to expand their console modding platform. they just spent a lot of time and money on bethesda.net and bringing mods to console. businesses don't generally abandon expensive projects they just finished. they want to expand their library of games with console mods, so what better title than skyrim? skyrim has the largest and most active mod community. if you're trying to grow a modding platform, you're going to pick the largest and most active mod community.

Reminder that shitty bault workshop dlc and Nuka world is going to be the last fallout 4 DLC's which is a god damn insult for the people who bought the season pass and Bethesda wont even utilize their own god damn in-game material.
Wouldn't remastering Oblivion at the very least set a spark for these normies? Oblivion was pretty damn comfy and phonominal and it's main story wasn't complete ass.

I could write an entire Elder Scrolls game in a week, including all 200 sidequests. I don't know why it takes Bethesda so long to make a new game.

dark souls has literally the worst combat of any video game ever created

prove me wrong: protip you can't

fortunately all dark souls combat probelms were solve in bloodbornatm availble only on your local playstation 4tm old hunters dlc not included all waifus sold seperately

I am on the inside.

The technology we're looking at is indeed VR, but full track VR that lets you somehow walk and run in your environment. The only thing we know of are circular treadmil type things. Also we want full feedback gloves that let you feel realistic textures, so if you grabbed your sword blade it would feel hard like steel, and bread would feel like bread. We want you to be able to climb ladders and cliffs as well, doing the motions and everything.

Finally we want a sophisticated voice system that lets you actually talk to the NPCs. No more dialogue choices. You talk, they respond. AI and voice recognition is not quite there yet on this scale.

The problem isn't just technology, it's price. Making this game right now would cost the gamer upwards of $1000 to get everything they need. So we need things to get cheaper, and the feedback technology to get up to par.

Unfortunately you're looking at 2020 or later.

Stop saying this. Goddammit you motherfuckers need to stop saying this for EVERY FUCKING GAME. I'm sure the people at From Soft put A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT into making everything perfectly balanced about souls combat, from enemy placement to animations to exact weapon hitboxes to weapon length to damage balance, to knockback/poise interaction, to HP/area balance, to armor interaction, to weapon attack type, and more.

You absolute fucking chimpanzee-level retards think "slap dark souls combat into x game" is remotely feasible with anything but an ENORMOUS amount of development work.

Stop spewing this ignorant shit in every thread.

>bethesda fans in charge of knowing what a remaster is

None of what you said matters since a remaster is doing the game from the ground up

unless you consider TLOUR a remaster in which you should never speak your opinion on this topic ever again because you are wrong

>Next you'll be saying they'll add impossible shit like spears

>they fucking made spears in the game jam they did
>they were fully fucking functional
>even had models for each type of weapon tier
>there was a fucking video showing it off and they didnt have any issues
>DIDNT FUCKING PORT IT ACROSS
FUCK

>first we hear of tes6 is todd's lies

Maybe this will be the first elder scrolls game that doesn't have shit combat

fuck off faggot

at least recommend a game that has good combat like mount and blade

It would take effort, why bother when they can make millions with a glorified mod.

user, you're wrong.

re-release = same game unchanged

remaster = same game but with visual fidelity updates

remake = total reworking of everything from the ground up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_remake

I sort of believed you up til the voice thing. Only one non-text-based game in the past decade has tried to do this with TEXT of all things, let alone voice.

>Wouldn't remastering Oblivion at the very least set a spark for these normies? Oblivion was pretty damn comfy and phenomenal and it's main story wasn't complete ass.

Most normies will bail at class the selection screen. having classes is just to much for them. You have to understand the normies Bethesda is pandering to are mouth breathing snot nosed retards.

all that proves is that divinity programmers can do their job

>Retard in charge of being a retard
Thanks for making a fool of yourself. Now I don't have to do that for you.

>What fucking gimmick are they working on?

Dungeons that aren't just a straight line perhaps?

Now hold on. All they have to do is add the basics. Fast stamina regen, parrying and lots of weapons that have unique styles. Slap that on top of Skyrim and you're good.

>The Last of Us Remastered isn't a remaster

You're confusing "remaster" with "remake".

full voice simulation software? It's getting closer to becoming a reality, some of the newer versions are nearly indistinguishable from an actual human talking.

Knowing bethseda it'll be shitty but also lay the groundwork for non hacks to use the same techniques to better effect.

He is trolling, faggot. It's quite obvious, no one is that dumb.

Game will be ruined by VR.

It will be optionnal, but so much dev time will be put into VR that will be nothing more than gimmick and they'll have to skip even more of the good stuff any elder scroll game should have.

screencap this

It still pusses me off that they do complete random shit for DLC and they don't htilize ANYTHING from the base game
>No further institute shenanigans
>No Brotherhood backstory questline to find out what "remember the Citadel means"
>No Memory lounge stuff to have Operation Anchorage 2
>Not utilizing the fact Kellogg is still alive in Nicks head
>Not going further into detail on what the fucking Super Mutants are doing
Fucking pathetic Fallout 3 dlc was more organized than this shit.

>consoles think they're getting this

It's actually not that far off of all the things we want in the game. Voice recog is nearly there. It's probably a system where it will be either all in, able to work with all accents, or we won't have it at all and will just use dialogue choices. We don't want to hit the middle ground where talking is optional as it would feel like people with heavy accents would be missing out on a large part of game immersion.

>Fast stamina regen
>Parrying
>This is literally the Ultimate Combat mod for Skyrim and it feels pretty much like vanilla combat
>Unique styles for weapons
So what? Chop slash thrust like Morrowind? This is closer to a cheap imitation of mount & blade combat than dark souls combat, and bethesda would fail at that too.

Dark souls combat is utter shit

Quick, someone write the overall plot of the next Elder Scrolls game.

Bethesda game NPCs have what, 2~3 lines of dialogue, if that? How would they possibly make an NPC that can dynamically talk about anything game-related you ask if as it stands the most attention to detail they can give an NPC is 2~3 lines of dialogue?

Get good.

Something something redguard in hammerfell and something something Re-hashed already done Daedric god fuckery.

Basically this. It'll be like fast travel in Skyrim

>B-But you have carriages!!!! You don't HAVE TO fast travel...

You cannot be this dumb.

They don't need to get voice actors to do every single line if they can just imput it into a text to speech generator.

plus todd says this game will be different

Because there is more to making a video game than writing the story and quest text, Mr. Idea Man

they actually suck at development

>Set in hammerfell and valenwood.
>The thamlmor have started the next war and you you need to pick a side
>Who you choose determines which race gets genocided.

What's wrong with what he said?
>Company puts 3 lines of effort into each NPC
>Expecting them to properly implement a system where NPCs ARE CODED WITH KNOWLEDGE the be able to generate individual and unique responses. Unless you want every single NPC to be a robot, you still have to fine tune every single one of them in that case. You cannot be this dumb. Or maybe you can.

i play on pc too but you pc memers are being really obtuse about this whole thing. the skyrim remaster is mainly for console players.

do you guys not know how shit the console version of skyrim was?

let's compare ps3 to ps4

ps3
>very short draw distances
>lowest texture and graphics settings possible, lower than the lowest setting on pc
>ran at like 600p resolution
>could barely maintain 25 fps
>2 minute load times to enter a house
>ps3 version had a weird save game bug that the other platforms didn't have
>no mods

ps4 version
>full draw distance
>graphic settings higher than the original vanilla max settings, game has some 4k textures
>full 1080p
>60fps
>hopefully not a 2 minute wait to enter a house
>mods

like 20 million skyrim players played on console. for console players, the remaster is a remarkable step up.

They made each Skyrim DLC in less than 3 months.

The point was that bethesda has never put very much effort into NPCs. You are implying they are going to go to every one of them and make them unique, which the last 3 games shows is NOT going to happen. Also to be able to respond dynamically to anything you ask, that's going to take a lot of work, which bethesda will NOT do.

>Valenwood
Reminder that peasant boxes would explode trying to generate a couple trees not to mention that giant moving capital tree city. It's either Hammerfell or Elsweyr. And I'm rhinking Hammerfell so Bethesda can cash in on that sweet multicultural shekel train.

>Fire Frost and Lightening will be the only magic.

What they did with it in Skyrim was so god damn boring too.

Because it's a lot quicker and easier to make side courses than the entree.

I trust in todd

youtube.com/watch?v=2K8Q4fdpy7A

Can't wait for the shitstorm when console players start getting the console equivalents of CTDs, and start getting 2 minute load times because they thought their PS4 could handle 100 mods with assloads of global scripts.

i don't think that will happen 2bh. most of the mods that get approved will be simple conversion mods, like the most famous normie mod of all the thomas the tank engine mod. or maybe things like falskaar. i doubt there will be script heavy things.

Except console mods still won't be getting script extenders so there won't even be any of that shit.

consoles can run battlefront which is gorgeous. Implement a similar system to Oblivion where it stops and loads the area every 5 feet and voila, pretty trees

That has no relevance to game development at all.

Tell me lies. Tell me sweet little lies.

>consoles won't have the updated horse asshole texture mods
PC master race wins yet again

Can the normies atleast get them to port Fallout: New Vegas? I'd buy that in a heartbeat

You neglect the lore fact that Valenwood tree's are fucking massive. So massive you can fit apartment buildings in their trunks. No way consoles can continue slowly generating all all that.

fallout 3 was one of the first major long DLC campaigns I can remember. 5 big episodes strewn out over what, a year? Sure the plot of point lookout was bonkers and it all went crazy by the time mothership came out but it was really impressive. The final game was a lot different to vanilla.

I was really surprised at how little they put out for Skyrim. 2 things and a house mod? that's it?

Having seen a lot of female horses pooping in my life, this mod is 100% accurate and I fully endorse it.

Im about to be shitposted into oblivion, but I have to say that i'm going to give ol' Toddy the benefit of the doubt on this one...

They have been coasting a bit since Oblivion became such a success. Fallout 3 was dumbed down, Skyrim was dumbed down and Fallout 4 was REALLY dumbed down. People are finally catching on to it.

Just look at user reviews and the fact that The Witcher 3 absolutely dominated Fallout 4 for GOTY's last year. Not only that but in Bethesda's own open-world RPG genre that they are known for.

I think maybe... just maybe Todd and the gang realised this, and maybe... just maybe they are actually looking to bring things up to that old Morrowind level we all miss, and really blow us all away.

One can dream.
But in all honesty they'll probably just fuck it up even more.

bethesda studios didn't make that game. you'd have to ask obsidian, the developer, or ask zenimax, the publisher.

Well, I shouldn't be surprised that this is a thing.

What the fuck are you talking about? That was a transcription error. Valenwood has forests, sure, and they're pretty thick, but they're more like the Oblivion forests but the trees are like 30% bigger because it's Valenwood.

That game isn't fun without console commands. I just want to have everything from the start. Every perk. Every skill and special maxed out. Every unique and cool item. It makes the game way more fun because you can play how you want.

>a transcription error

just CHIM my shit up