Bowser is the main villain

>Bowser is the main villain
>Koopalings
>Overworld and "Courses"
>Bland Toad NPCs

Why can't Miyamoto let Super Mario Bros 3 go? It's been 20 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oD2YdfSCw5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=g_hbcsO2LVg
strawpoll.me/10496760
youtube.com/watch?v=lh16YgtySJI
informedpixel.com/is-homogenization-killing-the-mario-franchise/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>miyamoto did this
boy you sure are retarded if you think this

hes autisticly militant against ANY form of creativity in settings or story with Mario. I mean look at the cover. there's another fucking airship for christ's sake. He can't stop living in the 80s.

Miyamoto is not in charge of this game

It's a known fact that his presence and authority have the teams working with his vision in mind, even if he doesn't involve himself personally.

he made one, small suggestion. The fucktard in change took it too heart more than he should have.

>it's another "Mario is whacking shit with his hammer" cover

first of all he said "no more games like TTYD", that's not a suggestion. Then he said, "no deep stories in mario games". There's aren't suggestions. When a creative director makes a "Suggestion" to you whether it be advertising, video games, movies, tv shows, any creative line of work, you take the fucking suggestion or you find a new place to work. This goes double for japanese business culture.

Zelda Breath of the Wild proves that is false. Also, ready some fucking interviews.

I'm still disappointed with the game. It has good points but NONE OF IT IS THE GAMEPLAY.

Watching the stream all I was thinking was, if they changed the plot and had the traditional gameplay, it would be a fantastic game. Hell, even when they showed the Morton fight, I was kind of excited because it's cool to see the Kooplaings be bosses, and the animations and aesthetics all looked really great. So shit I kinda thought it wouldn't be that bad. Mario's jumping on him and hammerin him. There's no gimmicks at least.

>Oh the hammer's on fire
>I was thinking
>Ice Flower
>Kinda unconventional but at least it...
>They're not choosing the ice flower
>Fire Extinguisher
>Oh

And instant Sticker Star 2.0 it became. Such a disap[ointment. I might pick it up in two years if it drops to like 20 bucks, but I sure as hell won't be paying 60 buckaroos for a fucking HD rehash

> "no deep stories in mario games"
Meh, I agree.

He never said "no more games like TTYD" he said "Don't rehash TTYD". Watch the Gamexplain interview, it's all IS.

>Charming, cute dialog and humor
>Toads all have their own personalities that distinguish themselves from each other despite looking the same
>Weird environmental puzzles and unexpected setpiece arrangements like the ground coming alive and chasing Mario
>Characters that have never been in a Paper Mario game before show up, such as the blargg monster that Mario rides on in the lava area.
>Fucking hilarious and amazing battle event animations that it looks like they spent a LOT of budget on just to make it look good (pic related)

I don't even care that much that it's not a proper RPG, the game looks really comfy, I'm excited to play it desu

>don't rehash TTYD
>rehash New Super Mario Bros.
>rehash Sticker Star
>rehash handheld Zeldas
>rehash everything except good games

Yeah at least it looks better than Sticker Star. Still, we need a new TTYD-style Mario RPG.

>still blaming Miyamoto
youtube.com/watch?v=oD2YdfSCw5Y
Here. Have one of the devs confirm they've killed the series because they didn't want two RPGs and that they came up with the combat at a party.

>>Fucking hilarious and amazing battle event animations that it looks like they spent a LOT of budget on just to make it look good (pic related)
cringe
that isn't "fucking hilarious" you weeb redditor

>devs confirm they've killed the series because they didn't want two RPGs
the devs don't decide that, nintendo does.

>goalposts
how retarded are you?

i dont see how him thinking somethings funny is cringe

not everyone has to be unnecessarily contrarian like you

Paper Wario when?

how is that moving the goalposts you retarded shitposter? it's not up to IS to decide how many RPGs nintendo makes. Nintendo made the call to make M&L their go to RPG, then delegated IS to make shitty games.

>him
nice try shitposter

Miyamoto was primarily against their retarded shapely OC's in Super Paper Mario, but he did fuck up about the story.

>Nintendo made the call
Alpha Dream doesn't even listen to Nintendo

WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU. WELL I'M BLAMING YOU.

Someone is spamming likes on the german version of the trailer

YOU are the retarded and uninformed.
It's been specifically stated that Miyamoto doesn't want PM to be an RPG and asked the team to make all Toads look the same.
He also changed SS very late in development, hence the huge empty areas and broken Sticker system.

This.
It's like IS tried their best to make a great game around the retarded Miyamoto shit.
I'm getting this.

Sup Forums! You BELONG IN THIS BOAT!
youtube.com/watch?v=g_hbcsO2LVg

How retarded are you?
The Miyamoto thing was stated on an interview with the developers long ago.
That anecdote explains the cards, nothing else.

Someone, please, post that image of SS's Iwata Asks.

I think Miyamoto is simply oblivious on what fans want from the series due to Super Paper Mario selling good.

>he said "no more games like TTYD"
No.

>specifically stated that Miyamoto doesn't want PM to be an RPG
No. Tanabe is the one who doens't want it.

Did you make this? The editing is absolute shit and the video hardly makes any sense. Why Bobbery and Rawk? What does Huey have to do with TTYD?

If you're going to make stuff like this, think it through a bit first.

this is correct

Tanabe is the one at fault here

>its just a rehash of sticker star

I'm not going to spend my money on it. I didn't finish sticker star because I found it boring and couldn't get into it. What a disappointment.

The shit paint can is named "Huey".

>Le blame Miyamoto for everything meme

He has nothing to do with PM. He doesn't have everything to do with every game idiot. This was Tanabe's doing.

So that's the joke? A character with the same name as another character.

strawpoll.me/10496760
>strawpoll.me/10496760
strawpoll.me/10496760
>strawpoll.me/10496760
strawpoll.me/10496760

important poll

Any source on this debate?
Is it Shiggy or Tanabe?

See

Pretty much.

They uploaded the whole E3 Treehouse demonstration on their Youtube now.
youtube.com/watch?v=lh16YgtySJI

I thought they pussied out because of the time it took.
Welp time to see that bar split

>was kind of excited because it's cool to see the Kooplaings be bosses

Man, they're ALWAYS bosses. That's why I hate them. Why make new boss fights when you can just shove them in?

Well admittedly the paint hammer is a key fucking mechanic in the game.

Would it be viable to say this game is "Terrible ideas ; Good execution"?

Why does IS keep fucking up again and again?

It's like Sticker Star permanently warped their mind or something.

>tfw you would even settle for Super Paper Mario 2 at this point

it hurts, Sup Forums

Because the West likes them. In a fucking review for Mario Kart 8, the Koopalings were a fucking plus.

We'll wait and see

no because the gameplay is the single biggest flaw.
it's more like, terrible ideas, god awful execution, enjoyable aesthetic.

Why can't you let go your shit thread from 2 hours ago?

So the series obviously went to shit, but I wonder if characters would be unique again if it comes back to being an RPG?

This. Someone post that Homogenization article.

But the execution is better than Sticker Star despite the base ideas still being bad.

Something like this >It's like IS tried their best to make a great game around the retarded Miyamoto shit.

>We'll never get anything akin to Chapter 3 of TTYD and SPM or Chapter 4 of PM ever again

I used to love this company so much.

they had fun making it

Super Paper Mario at least had Zess T. and recipes.

This design and function restriction makes no fucking sense on an RPG series.
I think the source of this mess is SPM.

>Because the West likes them. In a fucking review for Mario Kart 8, the Koopalings were a fucking plus.

I'm pretty sure people just liked them cause they were more inspired compared to Jr. at the time.

>If you want an RPG go play the mario and luigi series
Thoughts on this comment made by the develops or this mess?

I'm still mad.

What are you doing? That article is reserved solely for 3D World shitposting threads

informedpixel.com/is-homogenization-killing-the-mario-franchise/

Do you know what you have wrought?

because it just werks
being all nintendo games meant for children below 15 yrs old their market continuously refresh itself, so they can literally release the same fucking game for more than two decades and still be successful because it will be always new for the kids getting them.
and this is the reason why japan keeps itselft aflot even after being creatively bankrupt for more than 20 years... kids are the easiest target to work with.

They literally came up with the idea for Color Splash at a party.

>Paperfags will interpret this comment like they did the Sticker Star Iwata Asks and start shitting on M&Lbros and complaining that M&L doesn't have the "soul" or "charm" or "subtle nuances" that "true" Paper Mario does

No sir I dont like it and I am not prepared for this

>informedpixel.com/is-homogenization-killing-the-mario-franchise/

That's so wrong.
3D World is like that as a sequel to 3D Land, there's nothing more to it.

And were inspired by some kid's love to paint

I can believe that.

It all seems like something half-assed that was thought up whilst drunk.

I understand there being 2 RPG series being weird but they're more different than what meets the eye. Plus since Mario & Luigi are stuck on handhelds nothing of that series will be on as big a scale as TTYD. Also not to shit on M&L since I like it but it's not nearly as fun as Paper Mario to me.

>Fortunately we have a product for people who want a true Mario RPG and its called "Mario & Luigi"

>I can believe that
She actually said it. It was the first question of the interview.

We ain't ever gonna make it

>People are actually defending Miyamoto
>Defending "Does Paper Mario really need a story?" Miyamoto

Call it a suggestion all you want, I honestly do not care anymore.

IT'S A PUN ON MUSHROOMS YOU DIP! MUSHROOMS!!!

I love both series equally and I think there's nothing wrong with two RPG series.
I swear Tanabe is just fucking up this days.

I just don't get why it has to be toads. There are plenty of other characters but why are there so many toads?

>shufflegate
>five guys

Mushrooms?

Well I'm not going to blame you guys. After all, M&L1 and 3 were enjoyable. Ish.

But it is played out, and Paper Mario does a better job of its gags and plots and character interactions.

And 3D Land was like that in the first place
And Sticker Star was like that
And Paper Jam was like that
And all the Mario Party and sports games recently were like that

The article isn't accurate but it's not entirely wrong either.

I think there are too many ways to interpret that interview.
Tanabe said that Miyamoto felt the game was just a GC port, but that also an RPG was fine.

>fun guys
>fungi

No one is defending him but blaming him for a mess he didn't cause is different from defending him. He made a suggestion, Tanabe's retarded team decided the best way to figure out was to ask club fucking Nintendo users on a survey.

Even if Miyamoto said do not make a story he isn't responsible for everything else and then even then he was never in charge and Tanabe could had did his own thing

>Thoughts on this comment made by the develops or this mess?
Just one.

"Go fuck yourself, bud."

Nah, I'm not going to blame M&L for IS being retards.

>shufflegate
People end every controversy with 'gate' as a suffix.

Which is especially dumb since Watergate is an actual place that is not a gate, but what are you going to do.

>watergate reference in Mario

even dumber than a gamergate reference

Either way it's a fucking stupid reference.

But it's NoA, so what can you expect?

Can you even imagine a TTYD-style game with these graphics? Holy shit it would literally be the best thing ever.
Too bad it will never happen.

Anyone that spends any time on those games past the surface will tell you that's wrong.
3D Land implemented a whole new concept and 3D World added several new elements.
This PM issue is something completely different and stems from the game's identity falling into a limbo after the RPG element was removed.

i mean, maybe in 5 years when we can rip the game onto pc and extract the assets, maybe we'll get a fan remake or something.

I see this posted here all the time and everyone thinks it's funny

I kept imagining that during the livestream.