I've been playing "Rise of Nations" recently and it's made me remember how much fun I have playing RTS games...

I've been playing "Rise of Nations" recently and it's made me remember how much fun I have playing RTS games. Also unlike the RTS games I'm used to the game advances through all the ages of civilisation and, surprisingly, has decent depth with each age.

Can anyone recommend me any similar games? I've played the Age of Empires, Cossacks (3 when) and Total War series' and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Also general RTS thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvXF3oGy-iE
youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3q1Bfm5Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z8iUte8cIg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have you tried Empire Earth 1&2?

If you enjoyed Age of Empires you should try out Age of Mythology.

Ris of Legends.

I remember a friend of mine talking about that game ages ago when it came out. didn't know there was a second one. Can you recommend it?

Oh that looks cool, thanks

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance is as good as it gets for RTSes. Besides that, idk. Rise of Legends was fun, fuck the haters.

Empire Earth 1 and 2 are the most similar to RoN. The trouble with RoN is that it is essentially perfect so all other RTS become lacklustre in comparison with a few notable exceptions (AoE 2 and AoM).

>didn't know there was a second one.
and a third one. but we dont talk about him...
>Can you recommend it?
Yeah its a pretty fun RTS. it has less focus on epochs than Rise of nations but it spans from primitive man to future robot warfare. it has nice game mechanics. Not sure if its playable on modern systems though.

I've been holding off on this title because I wasn't too sure about the "god" mechanics but I'll pick it up if it goes on sale again.

Great I'll check them out

Rise of Legends, obviously

>Best
>Intro
>Ever
youtube.com/watch?v=rvXF3oGy-iE

youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3q1Bfm5Ug

I admit, that is pretty cool

It's a shame we didn't have more factions. Rise of Legends had potential
>Italian/Germanic city states inspired by the inventions of Leonardo
>Magical race based off of Middle Eastern mythology, genies and elemental galore
>Ancient Aztec aliens
It's unfortunate that there were balance issues tho, especially in a three faction game. But it doesn't matter now

Rip Big Huge.

My god, Age of Mythology, oh the memories.......

- Age of Empires
- Rise of Nations
- Empire Earth
- American Conquest

Remember going through an hour long install process on my shit Pentium 4 staring at the loading bar.

Oh and of course, Command & Conquer: Generals.

AoM is best

Well, there was Finnish faction and Mongol faction in development, but those were cut. Sizable chunk of the content still remains in files.

2005 screenshot of me fucking around in Empire Earth in glorious 800x600. Mannnnn fuck this thread, nostalgic hard. Thanks user and good night!

>American Conquest

Actually started playing that one today, been hooked on aoe2 again for a while and a buddy bought it for me so we can coop it. One match in and it's cool stuff, getting really interested in the genre.

You have to play EE 1 it is best rts.

People still play EE online with third party servers, you can play anytime. Just download and play.

>Ensemble is dead
>westwood is dead
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Loved how you would lose control of some units due to them running in fear due to many units loss around them, it was really unique.

>there was Finnish faction and Mongol faction in development
Holy shit, I can't believe I never heard about this before

>American Conquest
>Mfw a war canoe sinks my frigate by shooting a couple of arrows
On that note, something I miss in American Conquest was the ridiculousness of cannons in Cossacks. "Shotgunning" combined with their huge healthpool was so retarded but so fun.

As if cannons in AC weren't even more powerful. You could win entire battle with single well-placed shot, causing massive morale drop for all enemy units and bam! Few thousands of units running around in panic

Can't get into the pacing and lack of mass. TA is where it's at.

also ost
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z8iUte8cIg

>american conquest

I'll check that out too

It's definitely on the list now

The game looked pretty awesome, but the fact is it was an awful game if you consider the gameplay and balance problems, kind of a big let down for me.

I wish they would try making RoL 2, could be awesome if they fix the issues and add more factions.

>fact is it was an awful game
>balance problems
Please fucking kill yourself

>balance problems

Don't mention balance when it comes to these old games

i still have chronic PTSD from empire earth 1