It's coming

It's coming

what?
a new hat closet where you can try on your hats?

dead game
for real this time, overwatch has finally slain the king

i have no idea why they keep wasting money on this dead game.

Oh boy, can't wait for another shipment of cosmetics to further bloat a collapsed market!

Fuck modern TF2.

It won't ever die since it's free and autists have sunk too much time and money into it.

Tf2 still isn't dead

lol no one cares. TF2 is deader than ever with the best multiplayer shooter to date that just came out.

Nuke everything. Get rid of the hats, get rid of the extra weapons and bullshit, get it back to basics.

For some unknown reason

>I'm triggered by hats

If they are adding waifus, say good by to Overwatch.

>Best multiplayer shooter to date that just came out.

?????

This honestly. Maybe the skins and characters can change but starting over again would be Fucking refreshing. Too many weapons and hats and shit.

>implying hats weren't the beginning of the end of TF2

I bet your in-game loadout looks like this.

It's a good game

>further bloat a collapsed market!
Of all things to complain about you complain about stupid trading bullshit?

its bait.

Holy shit are Sup Forumsirgins this retarded?

Do people even discuss vidya here anymore?

>MannVsMachine was a mistake

Hats didn't make TF2 a bad game

They're finally going to reveal that Pyro is a thic girl.

Because the updates focus on cosmetics 95% of the time instead of good shit due to the money being in the trading, retard.

>It was a good game

fixed

So... what are they changing?

Ignore the Overwatch shills.

Adding the competitive mode.

i dont discuss trash games from 9 years ago

It still is a good game

Half of the characters are now women

There better be some new fucking weapons
New weapons are new gameplay which makes me come back
Or at least some balance changes that make useless weapons useful

Fuck hats n shit

Competitive TF2 is a joke, though.

And competitive overwatch isn't?

I know. People weren't clear on that point to Valve and the people they've been working with over the past six months.

Who said anything about overwatch?

what can the really do with such an old engine? If you've played one source game you've got the feel for the limit already.

What can they honestly do? even source 2 was pretty much the same shit.

Yeah they did. After the trading update, the focus of the game became collecting this stupid fucking cosmetic garbage that attracted little kids and autists. Adding those garishly unappealing Gamebanana skins has just been the latest in a long line of transgressions against the game's art style.

I didn't once mention Overwatch, you autist. Why do you people resort to pointing fingers every time Hat Simulator 2 is criticized? Overwatch comp is also a joke.

All new competitive mode for people who are simply too stubborn to play something else. Also a new weapon that deletes your enemy's item on kill.

>Talking about TF2
>Brings overwatch into it.
Oh boy, no wonder this thread was made!
People like you really outta just kill yourselves!

>my mommy wont give me 40 dollars for overwatch so i need to tell myself its bad

The beginning of the end was either the Gold Rush Update or the Pyro Update, take your pick.

>TF2
>Dying within the next 10 years

nope. Even if people will cease playing the game, people will still want to trade colorful flaming hats with each other until Valve shuts down the servers or a TF3 happens.

>the focus of the game became collecting this stupid fucking cosmetic garbage

No it didn't

more like bloating the game itself then, right? LOL

no one is talking about fucking overwatch

>Competitive will save TF2!
Next you'll say they plan to make territory control a main game mode again

>05273 ▶
>
Overbotch defense force 20tickers/cuckers
we dem boys lets throw it down for the niggers lads!

>making a tf2 thread in o/v/erwatch

I never played TF2.

Is it worth trying out?

Yes

>try to trade a weapon in TF2
>instead of it being a simple transaction between two friends I now have to install applications on my phone and wait 2 weeks or some such bullshit
if they add any new weapons it's going to be a cunt to get them isn't it

reminder that the people who say TF2 is dead are not referring to Overwatch or player count, but the fact that hats and f2p ruined the game for them.

i dont understand your nigger speak. wanna use English little boy?

>I was retarded and mentioned Overwatch for no reason
>better act more retarded to fix this!

rip

How can overwatch even compete

They'll be 2.50 in the store goy-kun

you are 5 years too late m8

nice bait

they are adding a option to remove all cosmetics and weapons skins from the game in the adv menu

It's like watching a person's brain deteriorate over time

>yfw they add their own version of ultimates for the mercs

Thanks, two autists fell for it.

If valve added female waifu-tier alternatives to the existing classes, valve would swiftly execute overwatch's popularity

>Want to play TF2
>It's so bloated that the file size is gigantic and my download speed is super slow
>Decide to play something else
Ded game

>this is the BIG update that was postponed so they could avoid being accused of competing with overwatch
besides matchmaking, what do you think it'll be? it won't JUST be matchmaking, right?

OP here. Christ was making this thread a mistake? I didn't even mention Overwatch not even fucking once. I was just mentioning some big update is coming. This isn't even a discussion. This is just a Overwatch vs TF2 flamewar... Again. You know what though? This is my fault. I should have known better. I only have myself to blaim.

>$40 game slained a F2P game
WoW totally killed Runescape too right?

It's probably Source 2, to offset a bunch of the bloat.

Apparently they want to balance all the weapons to be viable for competitive mode, so everyone will be affected by the update. At least that's what my dad who works for Steam said.

10GB of hats

welcome to post-neo-modern Sup Forums

Should I even re-install? Apparently hats trigger me.

Honestly? Yeah. It has become impossible to discuss TF2 in this board. And not even in the "no one is going to reply to you" way, but in the "no one is going to let you talk about it" way which is much worse.

It's sad, but that's how it is.

first post best post as always

welcome to Sup Forums

I stopped caring a long time ago, it's probably just more hats

To be fair, the tf2 is dead comments existed before Overwatch was even a thing. And with good reason. I stopped playing TF2 more than a year ago after pumping over 2000 hours into it.

>optimization
>competetive shit
>new maps
>new modes
>new weapons
>waifu pandering with gender switching
everyone would literally suck their dicks if they do this

5 years too late.

>only have yourself to blam
That's right faggot, an hero yourself

It's a free game, you can't kill it.

They wont though, because Valve are lazy fucks.

Buy our $4.99 summer contract pass, faggot.

>To be fair, the tf2 is dead comments existed before Overwatch was even a thing.
That's true, but even with the dead comments you could still talk about TF2. Not so much anymore.
>And with good reason.
Nah, go fuck yourself.

>currently 39,000 people playing this 9 year old game right now
Its a good game and will live eternally

>Implying TF2 is still relevant

TF2 died long ago at the hands of Valve

>And with good reason. I stopped playing TF2 more than a year ago after pumping over 2000 hours into it.
And yet there's still 40k-60k people playing it right now

Just because you don't like it anymore doesn't mean it's dead for fuck's sake

>New Update Soon Guys!!!
>image of the third Contracts cash grab update right next to it
>the one that was done instead of a whole Smissmas event

I like the juxtaposition

>14+ gigabytes to install compared to other source games, excluding Portal 2
What's making the game so BIG? Is it hats?

Did that rumored Spy vs Engineer update ever amount to anything?

I can't get excited for any updates anymore now that they've all become
>BUY THIS TICKET so your e-peen will grow
>HATS (that you'll have to buy)
>GAME MODES (that you need to pay money to actually get rewards from)
>LITERALLY NOTHING

Where the fuck are these people?

Live on the west coast of the USA and literally any time I log in there is barely enough people playing to fill two official servers.

>implying competitive matchmaking will do anything

the comp scene for TF2 was small even during it's prime and highlander was more popular. some tf2 lobby tier 6v6 matchmaking with no class limits is dead on arrival. the free to play third worlders will go back to fucking around in valve servers and the traders will continue to ignore every aspect of the game outside of hats

Well now I feel shitty for making Sup Forums even shittier.
Why?
Why does the sheer mention of TF2 cause all of this Overwatch flaming? I am not even hating on Overwatch. I play both of the games but I'm sure that is a huge nono. Come on guys. Don't you already have 5+ Overwatch threads?

It's literally hats, maps and weapons

Poor way of adding patches/updates to the game. It was not designed to last that long. Valve really need to make some changes in the game and it's engine.

>implying there aren't good reasons
Almost every update being about cosmetics and the shitty community brought upon by the F2P update is a good start. They continue to bloat the game with more of them even though you can't even make a lot of money off of them anymore thanks to the market crashing for everything but keys and certain unusuals.

Spiritually dead for a lot of people. Game's been warped into something far from what it used to be and I doubt that player amount has a lot of old players in it

Welcome to Sup Forums