STALKER

just installing this, what should i expect?

cheeki breeki

holy shit 10/10

A good fucking time

Just press the play button bro

Anomalies

worst gunplay ever

alright, im fucking sold

Disappointment
RNG bullets
Bullet sponge enemies
Total immersion

Driving itself is modded in

Dogs
Anomalies
Spook

>get to CNPP
>timer appears out of nowhere
>fighting both spetnaz and monolith as a fucking emission is about to occur

wut mod?

OGSE standalone.

KEK

What mods do I need to have a good time and should I bother playing the game un-modded before hand?

alright, played for about half an hour, no mods, only vanilla game.
can't hit shit despite my aim, atmosphere seems pretty cool. how to fix the combat?

Better gun, I guess? You'll get used to it.

Also
>Mandatory mod image

Play on master.
Learn what bullet drop is and where the head is.

Enjoy, fellow Stalker.

YOU SEE IVAN

will try going without mods, i'd like to see how vanilla game plays out

bad graphics and a terrible frame rate and dying a lot because you went into a cave where the guy keeps going "turn back now, turn back now" but you keep going deeper and deeper until you regret it.

>terrible frame rate
What fucking toaster did you used to play it?

Stick with vanilla, the guns are just shit to start with, just try and use cover to get in close to enemies then open up on them. If you raid the military base in the south you'll get reasonable gear early on

Earth below us
Drifting, falling
Floating weightless
Calling, calling hooooooooooooome

what's in the starter packs??? i just wanna play soc with arsenal, bug fixes, and cosmetic stuff like better clouds, lights, skies, etc.

>bullet sponge enemies
fool

vanilla stalker is awful unless its CoP OP, also only play on master difficulty (even if its your first time playing)

get Autumn Aurora mod for SoC
and MISERY for CoP for the true stalker experience

another decent mod for SoC altho most disagree is complete 2009 for the graphical improvements and bug fixes altho it does make the game abit easier but still fun

vanilla graphics aged like milk but modded it looks amazing

>tfw you love everything about STALKER but don't like spooky games

the vanilla graphics dont look that bad outside of monsters and shit

Liek it says, the ones mentioned before + some extra's. Never tried them myself yet, so I can't say.

He's gonna get a heart-attack from the silver web! (If anyone gets this, let me know)

You have to aim at their heads not their fucking bulletproof suit you double cheki breki.

Pain and joy.
Also, play vanilla first.

WOOF WOOF WOOF

WOOF WOOF

>yfw screen gets the blue tint

>he doesn't play on Master

get out

why is this game so fucking good?
i keep coming back to it every fucking year

how did the slavs pull off such an amazing game CS never happened

DUTY bros ww@?
hippies kys

clear sky is actually good though, poser.

>swamp was good

>that mirrored airshit
>dustcover mounted chinese airsoft red dot

Goddamn it I want to laugh at this

complete2009 is good fuck the autists at /vg/

FUCKING DID IT
some cover, got the shotgun, not so bad now.

do you have any starter tips?

Remember to install STALKER Complete

Wait nvm, a newer one was posted above

follow your instincts

duty4lyf
patched CoP would be one of the best games in the last 10 years if it wasnt for those first few garbage missions by the guy in the ship.

Praise the monolith

Get snag's case, get mechanic to open
it

oh shit user i always gave it to him, damn my playthrough is gonna be totally different now.

Do not use pistols ever. They are complete shit. Get any rifle or shotgun as soon as possible and the game will become a joke.

yeah i only ever use pistol late ingame when i ahve the money to fully upgrade it, attach a silencer and just go around sniping people for fun.

just got my 1st shotgun, i just get in their face and go full ivan

And save Morgan's PDA to give to either Freedom or Duty in Yanov Station. Owl is never your friend. I give it to Freedom for that sweet stash.

>105.7 the skad
>not the zone

That image was almost perfect

>there will never be a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R game ever

i really hope people will make great things with the Call of Chernobyl platform but i feel like the games modding scene is rapidly dying

I just started and all I have is the sawn off double barrel. It feels like the range is shit, when will I get a better shotgun?
Is there a full length double barrel?

>viper sucks

Maybe in vanilla.

>RNG Bullets
>Bullet Sponge Enemies
That's why you play on the highest difficulty in any STALKER game user so neither of those are a problem.

Make sure you check out the main /vg/ pic on STALKER. It tells you everything you need to know before starting the game.

CoC(k) may turn out pretty good with its mod support and expanded zone.

Call of Pripyat is incredibly overrated. The only redeeming quality it had were the great side quests. Nimble was a mistake.

>you can easily get all of the best equipment in the game within an thirty minutes on a first playthrough
>after getting that equipment you've pretty much beaten the game because nothing will challenge you now
>upgrades were made harder to get in an attempt to compensate for the previous issue, but it doesn't even matter as the guns are just too powerful
>the main questline turns into a linear piece of shit with overdone in-game cinematics as soon as you enter Pripyat
>the anomaly detector system is tedious and needs to go away forever. SoC's system was already perfect

CoP has better designed areas imo

For shotguns, ammo is arguably more important than the shotgun itself. You can start sniping enemies with it the moment you get your hands on some slugs. Buckshot will never be very good beyond medium range.

Yes yes. Well done automobile, well done automobile.

HOWEVER

CoP was the most polished and stable vanilla game, thats why its so highly praised

>xray engine has stopped working