>start it off
OY M8 gonna giv these beast a tossin, ey
>switch to JP VA
>get thrown into battle
>awkward circle strafing
>lock on to an enemy and takes forever to swing my sword
>AI partners already kill these creatures
>literally what the fuck is the point in playing this

When does this shit get fun? Is Xenogears literally the only good game these people have made in their lives? The funny part is that unfinished fucking game was more fun than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_LR1NtZOISg
youtu.be/GoRFOtdaHOA
youtube.com/watch?v=uSDQ5y114Vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>get jrpg
>play one battle
>immediately complain on Sup Forums about how thoroughly shit the game is

>switch to JP VA

>JRPG
PFffftt. I wish it was a turn based game so the combat wouldn't be shit. This game is playing itself.

Shitty bait thread?

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE!

>He switched to chink subs
What a faggot

>This game is playing itself.

You won't be saying that once you hit Xord and Leone Telethia

>it takes 10 hours to get good

>I have ADHD

If it takes you 10 hours to reach Xord, that's on (You), broham.

AGAINST THE ODDS

WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT!

Main story can range 50 to 80 alone and 100+ hours if you do all those sidequests.

And you get a lot more of arts on the way, if you think that you just need auto attack you going get fucked fast.

Also Spike aura is going eat you alive.

>When does this shit get fun?

Never. You will probably drop it in 20 hours or so when you get bored of the sidequests that you will be doing all of the fucking time. And once you are done with one town's sidequests, you get to progress the story for a hour or two until you hit the next town with million sidequests to be done.

It's one of the most dull JRPGs I've played, and is a quite good proof that JRPGs are not that good anymore. You ask anyone the best JRPGs of the last couple of years and most will say this and Nier. Both are fucking awful games when you really think about it. JRPG fags are delusional.

BLOSSOM DANCE!

>listening to the nintengaf shills
It's a boring offline mmo with an extremely generic story.

I think you should stick to phone games. Your attention span is too short for RPGs.

I'm playing through the game right now and just beat the octopus like mechon before another one popped up and kidnapped the girl or guy I don't even remember

I guess I haven't played anything so far right?

Not him, but why should I continue playing agame if they can't even make it interesting in the first ten hours? That's not an investment I want to make when all I'm going off of is internet people saying "omg it's the best thing ever!".

Man, at least Nier let me press buttons and fight. This game is auto attacking. There is no sense of control or fun. It feels like I'm just moving the character but the game does the rest of the fun shit.

yawn

>Complain about game playing itself and prefer turnbased
>Most turn based JRPGs have an auto mode

New York city of London. The original email it back in time to do the work that way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best of all time to do the work that way we do you want to talk 5 I have to do with the best way for me is that it is the best of luck

What? You have fucking attacks that you choose. What is with this meme that it's all auto attack? Is this just low quality b8 or are you people this fucking retarded?

Exactly. Now you're feeling just how boring your MMO crap is.
>implying TB JRPG don't have more skill and strategy than this shitfest

It gets interesting right at hour 10.

youtube.com/watch?v=_LR1NtZOISg

What do you know about strategy in this game if you didn't even get far enough?

i've only played XCX, but goddam the combat system seems so clunky. I don't play that many rpgs so i'm used to either pokemon-esque turn based or real time shit like in an action rpg. this real-time but not shit feels so weird

>switch to JP VA

Why are you asking serious questions of someone trotting out years-old shitposts?

You literally don't have to do a single sidequest you autistic fuck.

Have fun grinding then

>grinding in Xenoblade ever

>mfw instead of music like this for XCX youtu.be/GoRFOtdaHOA we get dumb anime shit from Sawano aimed at anime fans with underdeveloped music tastes

JUST

Not him, but technically not true. I breezed through the game so I'm more than capable of telling you that every boss from Valak Mountains onwards will be either way too high level or so high level that you won't be able to hit it.
Granted, I fucking suck and found out after I finished the game that you can craft gems that give you 100% hit chance. But really, I had to dedicate a couple of hours to grinding monkeys in Gaur Plains before fighting the boss in the Arena of Prison Island 2.

>grinding

Nigga you are supposed to get the side quests on town and do whatever the fuck you need to do.

You have to, otherwise enjoy pressing B right next to your dead teammates all important battles

>Spike aura

>switch to JP VA

oh m8, i'll sock you in the gobber right i will

youtube.com/watch?v=uSDQ5y114Vk

And NG+ doesn't reset your level. So he beat the main game before lv 55

>my characters die during battle so that means I'm underleveled

It's more like if you do sidequests you'll be overpowered and the game won't be fun.

CAN'T HAVE A RAINBOW WITHOUT REYN

The only way you could possibly have an issue is if you actively avoid combat whenever possible, and you shouldn't even be playing games if you do that. Doing even a moderate amount of quests at the intended levels puts you well above the target level for the plot.

How about level up you damn arts and put gems?

Using a Gecko code to reduce my XP gain to 1/3rd was the best choice I've ever made. Do all the sidequests you want, and always stay just a little bit underlevel.

>mfw beating lv. 35 reckless godwin at lv. 30

it's definitely slow in the beginning. I thought it picked up after the intro sequences and the first big death, a couple hours in

>i have to gimp the game to make it fun

So i've been meaning to play this for awhile now. Is there any serious changes/downsides to the 3ds version that I should be aware of? I'd like to have a physical copy, but if the wii version is noticeably better in someway ill probably just emulate it.

XB and XBX feature cool-down based arts combat with auto-attack to help fill up your arts faster.

XBX is much better in combat IMO because you have to consider your soul voices and skills to bring along with your arts based on the class your playing.

In XB, your main source of damage is chain attack and seeing the future gets you out of most binds pretty easily (these don't exist in XBX), so XB is much easier overall.

If you've ever played an MMORPG like WoW, you'd understand combat is more similar to that except positioning is much more important and you also have the break+topple+daze mechanic to give you the best amount of damage.

To OP, try WoW or MMOs like WoW, this game is like WoW even down to talent trees and whatnot.

Why does everyone look so fucking retarded in this game?

All graphics. It's kind of a shame to play a game where entering the first big area is breathtaking on a 3DS screen at 240p

>shite vocals vs based english vocals in Black Tar

Do you even need some protection?

Because Monolith Soft is fucking awful when it comes to character models.

Just graphics.

But, you get a model viewer and jukebox. Your pick.

It manages to looks worse.
You get some unlockable stuff on the main menu with play coins.

Graphics and not being able to switch between English and Japanese audio IIRC.

Yeah if you didn't love it in the first 3 hours you probably won't like the rest of the game. If you force yourself it just won't be enjoyable.That being said, it is definitely one of my favorite games of all time desu.

>one fight
>OMG THIS GAME IS SO BORING HOLY SHIT

>switches to JP VA

What'd you think of X? XC is pretty cool but XCX is my GOTY 2015. I'd even say it's in the top ten of the best RPGs Nintendo has ever put out.

>hate the combat, eventually get used to it
>amazing soundtrack
>overworld certainly gives you a sense of adventure in terms of scale, but it's mostly flat and kind of dull
>character faces look off
>initially laugh at the OI SHULK 'OW YA DOIN' THERE, LOIK, M8 but start to warm up to it
It's got its flaws, but I enjoyed it. One of the few games where I genuinely liked the entire cast. They'd be fun to hang around.

I never got this argument. I mean at the end of the day you're still having fun right?

>this is a wii game.jpg
I can't get over how Shulk looks. It's like he came from a 64DD game. I don't usually care about graphics but god damn it's so hard not to notice.

Not him.
X was GOTY for sure, and I played that game 10 hours minimum every day for the entire month, right on time for the New Year.
The main reason why I would prefer the original is simply due to how underwhealming the story and events were. I'm far from a storyfag, but the game simply lacked oomph.
Also fuck, 85 hours of PURE GRINDING to kill Telethia. FUCK. I felt like I was going to lose my fucking mind. I had a god damn list at my side with "Kill a minimum of 120 of X enemy for Y item" FUCKING FUCK
Anyways, great game. Story or lack thereof makes the lasting appeal suffer

>artificial fun is now fun

I was about to argue with you about every character being likable but then I realized I completely agree.

Oi m8s.

So I'm playing XBX right now and wondering who comes next after Gwin and Irina as recruitable party members?

Also playing as Partisan Eagle with the Adam Howden voice.

What makes fun artificial? How can you artificially have fun?

you get new characters through sidequests, and not the main story

Fun is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why the game is good, don't use it.

Not relevant to the argument at all, but skinner box MMO's are god-tier at getting people to play long after they've stopped enjoying the game itself. "It'll start being fun if I work for it, honest!"

That said, nothing wrong with modding a game to make it more fun for you.

Why they didn't make more vehicle like cars or bike , I have to wait for 6 chapter until I have to get a motherfucking skell

Don't respond to anime girl faces, user.

great game. best played on dolphin

Small mercy that meme rockets and drop sensor gear made the grinding less tedious.

Because once you get the Skell the world becomes a peanut. And the flying skell makes it a dust particle

I'm not arguing as to whether or not a game is good, I'm just asking what the problem is with modding a game to make it fun.
I didn't like this game that much either, I did complete it though. Not going to be getting the sequel

I don't hate any of the characters but I found Dunban to be a bit unpleasant, which is funny because a lot of people like him

How do you deal with spike aura?

The Skell is cool for combat but it makes exploring become boring. If anything I wish the skell came later.

OP here. If the combat was like Monster Hunter then it would be enjoyable. Auto attacking is shit and I am off to play a better game.

With anti-spike things

>using Shulk on a caffeine overdose
Studious and Joker are your acceptable young options.
I think the earliest recruits are Lao (automatic), Phog and some of the former dlc (all optional). Take Foggy Dilemma off the board and look around for affinity missions. The dlc characters don't show up on the main map like the others, so keep an eye out or read their quest descriptions.

>teehee I'll falseflag so the monster hunter fans get shit on! an epic plan!

gems

Purge, Spike Defence gems, or topple. Some enemies have a permanent spike aura that you can't remove, and that's where the real headaches come in.

I had the impression I was playing a mgs game ,because how much I sneaked on the enemies back to avoid the fight that were so dull

Metal face is Mumkhar
Fiora is Face nemesis and holds the soul of Mechonis
Shulk is already dead and a zombie possessed by Zanza, soul of Bionis
Zanza is the bad guy wanting to restart the universe again
Dickson betrays you
Mechonis is destroyed

Did I miss anything?

the skell ruined the game for me. it made everything way too easy and the world gets 10x smaller

I hate how aura seal lasts for such a short time. It honestly feels kind of useless.

Also L (joins after Lao).

Wow not even OP but asking for more active fight is falseflagging now ?

Some of the most breathtaking areas look rather mediocre on the 3ds version. Also some fps drops later in the game.

I still beat it on the 3ds version and loved it, but only choose that if you can't play on wii/wii u/pc

>Switch to JP VA
That's not the proper way to play Xenoblade Chronicles.
British voice acting or nothing, you fucking mong.

>implying I care

I already deleted that shit off my HDD. now my Wii can collect more dust until the end of time.

>Wow not even OP
that fact that you have to deny it confirms you're samefagging

Then don't use it.