Who else /feeling nostalgic/ about gaming?

Who else /feeling nostalgic/ about gaming?

Just went through memories of old games I used to play and feeling sad that gaming will never restore itself to its former glory.

>those ps1 graphics
>Silent Hill
>Resident Evil
>Tekken
>(Old) Warcraft
>Deus Ex
>System Shock

Post em mates let's get a good feels thread going.

Starting with: youtube.com/watch?v=wn3X6J8A6eo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BrL7wo5-nJo#t=1m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=iukxQa4O_KM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S-Seriously no one wanting to share good vibes of videogames they feel nostalgic about?

I am

Played through Deus Ex 1 for the first time last year. Really enjoyed the length and freedom of the game more than most modern games.

>tfw pirated subnautica, papers please, enter the gungeon, super hexagon, rabi rabi, luftrausers, stardew valley, rogue legacy, nuclear throne and had fun with none of them
>tfw pirated serious sam 3 bfe and enjoyed the second half of it

>tfw watching little cousin play BLOPS2 singleplayer
>that shit isnt even a game, its just following directions

>that list

are you me

upon reading your entire post, i'm convinced you're me

marshall is the best law

I always play old games and i'm very rarely nostalgic about them,maybe its because i try new games very often.

Great game. Haven't played in well over a decade

You're pic of Kazuya definitely made me feel nostalgic.

As a kid I was only allowed to play video games during summer and winter break so I have a lot of memories of relaxing and playing Pokemon after taking a dip in the pool after a hot day.

Or just playing Tekken 3 against my brother in training mode for hours. Me being the edgy Jin and him being Hwoarang. Since there were no health bars in that mode we would just wail on each other ad nauseam. Some of the comfiest memories for me.

another one.

great soundtrack too, i have a bunch of the songs in my tag 2 music customization

YOU BUY SATURN NOW!

>Pretty much every idea created before or during Playstation 1 and 2 era is now being milked to hell and recycled multiple times over the generations
>There are hardly new games with exciting ideas that haven't been done before
>Game atmosphere and soundtrack are the last things devs give a shit about
Feels bad man

I just started playing Fallout 1 again since in forever, and I was shocked at how much fun I was having again. It's nice when a game doesn't treat you like a mouth breathing imbecile.

you have absolutely no idea what OP is talking about whatsoever do you?

what game

I saw this at a thrift store the other day and almost got chocked up. Like a whole other life passed by.

ah the days of overpowered anime shotguns

I miss saturday mornings at my dads
>Wake up to the greasiest breakfast
>Watch 4kids cartoons until noon
>Play whatever PS1/PS2 game I rented that weekend
Stuff like kingdom hearts, viewtiful joe, or that one megaman RPG stand out in my mind. Feels like a completely different lifetime at this point.

>tfw the new volume of GamePro magazine came in

The first Twilight Syndrome game

>Tekken

Ah yeah, love me some old Tekken

None of you were born before 93' right?

If by nostalgia, that's "having lots of fun", yes!

Playing some TA.

Played the intro of Gothic 3 -- 2 won't start --, and it seems super nice.

>Wake up during summer vacation
>Get on the couch in the dining room with blinds almost all the way down to cover the room from the burning sun
>Play some PS2 while my sister or my brother would browse their computers
I miss those times

arcades are gone from this city, but the passion still burns in our hearts

>mfw going to Japan next year (for non weeb related reasons)
>still going to go ham in every arcade I see

Ugh... those games are so racist and xenophobic, I don't even. I'm so glad your time is coming to an end, bigoted white manchildren.

>GTA IV cops and crooks - GTA IV online in general
>halo 3 before party chat

online was great last gen, what the hell happened, now companies just want to create a boring experience that sucks cash out of you.
GTA V was a mistake

youtu.be/BrL7wo5-nJo#t=1m20s

what are we waxing nostalgic about again? Shitty Playstation games that barely functioned? Hell, remember Virtua Fighter? What a lost gem that piece of shit was eh?

Kill you self faggot

Ironic you say that because it actually has the most choice of a CoD since the original trilogy

I was born 1 year before that

really dude? really?

Reported, your bigotry will not go unpunished anymore. Our voices will be heard, we will not stay silent any longer.

I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Darks Souls 3 is fantastic.

For the story, sure. But the standard gameplay progression is the same "walk to that marker infront of you" bullshit. The player is given no room to do much else.

I do like the RTS missions though, those are great.

I remember using a 2 page spread guide for san andreas from gamesmaster magazine to get all the collectables, slowly crossing off all of the ones I picked up

I printed a map from the internet (in b&w because my parents wouldn't buy colored) and did the same thing.

I didn't even have internet, for years the only gaming news I'd hear about was from monthly magazines, gamesmaster used to have a cheat book but a lot of the codes were bootleg and wouldn't work

>tfw...

>implying even less than a third of Sup Forums now could identify most of these.

youtube.com/watch?v=iukxQa4O_KM

could someone please recommend hidden gems of bygone eras? I need something to play since every single game I'm anticipating is getting delayed into eternity.

> GTA V was a mistake
You meant GTA IV

I got you senpai

you have a style or genre in mind?