Thoughts

thoughts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hC83kY3rywE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck Ubisoft. Haven't bought one of their games since they fucked me on Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Mostly bad games

still the best

Can't forgive them for fucking Desilet the way they did, even if he did end up getting his game back.

Aside from that, I respect their attempts to do new things unlike other big publishers with stuff like Far Cry Primal and actually taking time to reinvent Assassins Creed.

I fear for them in light of Vivendi's hostile takeover become more and more a reality.

Yves Guillemot is adorable.

Of the great evils they are the best.

siege is the only game i've liked from ubi in well over a decade, and even then they've fumbled it so hard i'm surprised there's still a solid playerbase

overall they're shit and i welcome the day they finally croak

Feed them to the wolves.
I hope Vivendi tears them into little pieces for what they did over the last decade.

They've become somehow more evil than activision/EA over the years. That's a great feat.

this

>great evils
?????

looking forward to steep. nothing else from them appeals to me

Rayman Legends was afterwards.

impressive

They make good games that feel rather similar due to similar design

They are improving though. The Rayman reboot was brilliant. Looking forward to the 2017 ass creed and ghost recon

I like Ubisoft

out of the 3 big fucks; EA, Activision, Ubisoft

They still genuinely try some experimental shit (which is what gave us Rayman Origins/Legends, Child of Light, Might and Magic 10, Rainbow 6 Siege, Grow Home, that WW1 adventure game, Far Cry: Blood Dragon). Sometimes their games even get released on Steam without needing UPlay (Rayman Origins had no DRM at all).

I have history with their (or companies they bought but haven't killed) older series, The Settlers, M&Magic, Battle Isle, Anno.

When EA or Activision try working in some "indie/retro" spirit, they give us soulless cash-grabs like Unravelled, or Kings Quest. EA games are "Origin only" now. the "EA humble indie bundle" was a joke.

Bethesda, with the new Doom, Wolfenstein, Prey, and Dishonored are "coming up" (though fuck actual Bethesda games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls)

Daedalic, Amplitude, and Digital Devolver can mostly do no wrong for me.

Focus Home Interactive seem to be trying.

Sega is taking a weird place on PC, with Relic and Creative Assembly.

They fuck up in a huge way every six months or so, but I still enjoy a lot of their games.

how do you feel about assassins creed games?

The UBI in Ubisoft stands for Union des Bretons Indépendants

I'd say the first one was a great idea

but they're really dragging them out. The "twos" were really the peak, but they don't really do anything interesting. Same problem they have with Far Cry, in that the returning mechanics overload the games so you can't easily see the new ideas.

I'm surprised they haven't had a go at a good sci-fi series (rather than this genetic-memory shit in AC), like Mass Effect, or Halo. I know some of the Ghost Recon games have sci-fi elements, but that's more in the same area as Advance Warfare.

My opinion probably doesn't mean shit, since I've only played everything after the ezio trilogy

AC is usually an 8/10 series. It's fun as hell in free roam, though some of the mission structure is repetitive (burn 3 crates, tail this guy)

The modern story is dumb though, and continues to get worse

If you didn't like Unity or haven't played it, Syndicate fixes it's flaws

They used to be good.

Now they just rehash AC or FarCry too much. The only game from them I look forward to is Fractured But Whole, and that's because I am a big South Park fan.

Not even lying, my favourite game by them is this, and that is saying something. Rayman Legends was pretty good though I guess.

Would be okay if they ditched uplay

>out of the 3 big fucks; EA, Activision, Ubisoft

EA is the only one that's abhorantly evil. Activision is just greedy, and Ubisoft is the bumbling idiot who does more harm to himself than anyone else

yea, Activision is just a sort of passive money machine churning out the same shit endlessly

EA consumes souls

Ubisoft is busy snacking on wine and cheese

>a rhythm game when the genre is dying? with pc support?

I like them when they take risks, like Rocksmith and R.u.s.e.

Easily had the best third-party E3 this year. They definitely have run some of their series into the ground, but taking a break from a mainline AC game this year is a good sign. I hope they go back to 2 year dev cycles.

Hate their attitude towards PC though, with thinking "99% of PC gamers are pirates" and the forced Uplay, though at least they cooperate with Steam unlike EA.

They have a pretty good AA record too (Gunslinger, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, Blodo Dragon), which is more than I can say about Activision or EA (EA is literally copying them at this point with their new label, I hope Fe is good. I miss shit that EA published like Shank, Deathspank and Warp), and some of their AAA stuff manages to be unique (Stick of Truth, Rayman Origins/Legends), so clearly some of the studios give a shit.

Though I think they've been really shitty to the BG&E/Rayman dev for so long neither game is gonna get a proper sequel. They also put out plenty of shovelware, and are the publisher jumping onboard with the SJW shit the quickest (blame the frogs) besides Sony, which is lame, but at least there's South Park.

Basically what said.

They're only gonna get worse under Vivendi. The fact that they're against a takeover that'll get them access to more money at the cost of turning into bigger corporate whores is pretty telling. Complete opposite of Blizzard.

>the publisher jumping onboard with the SJW shit the quickest
EA is way ahead of them, at least in terms of "acting" like they give a shit on twitter (especially bioware, etc)

Ubisoft is more reactionary, after the whole "can't animate females" in AC (despite having done female characters in lesser hyped games)

Which game has the best ambiance?

Been raining for two hours and will continue to rain all night.

uk bro?

A lot of potential but they always shoot themselves in the foot. Rainbow Six Siege is good, but the devs could do much more, except Ubi is putting all their money on the fucking Division.

I think Bioware are the only ones that have really gone for it, and I don't think that has as much to do with EA as it does with who's left on the team.

Then again, there's Mirror's Edge 2 and the new BF. Anything I'm missing?

Fifa got "women"

I think the low level shit is just "add women/blacks", while Bioware's full ugly fat and gay is the congealed mass.

I think it's from the same minds that brought us the fake outrage for Dante's Inferno hype.. but latching onto real outrage from tumblr

Cautiously hype about some of the games they are putting out soon.

I liked Watchdogs. fuck the haters. no other game allows me to pick off muslims, atheists, autists and minorities in Chicago. and the mission where I shoot up the crack house and kill every nigger in there was so satisfying. the gunplay was good and the online was fun. If it hadn't been hyped up at e3 so much it wouldn't have been hated as much.

I think Watchdogs was a cool idea, more about hacking as a pre-made tool than some shitty minigame like most games treat it.

the Syndicate FPS had a similar idea, that you could tap environmental stuff and move it about wirelessly.

I think it plunked too heavily into GTA territory, but at least it wasnt a bad Deus Ex rip-off

It's because of the bullshots and the bullshit they pulled with removing graphics options.

They really showed their hate of the PC market with the game (Unity too) and a lot of us here game on PC.

I do agree with you about why the game's good though. It's funny that the game can be a better version of Hatred.

Also

>not posting the funnier video

youtube.com/watch?v=hC83kY3rywE

thinking about it... it could've been like the current Hitman, but with the hacking stuff to block/open paths, or fry electronics, etc... especially that car-crash using the bollards

Trash devs

Their games are shitty collectathons

They try so so hard to pander to their audience via catering to the newest generation with watch dogs 2 or sticking progressive stuff unnecessarily into every game

Devoid of and imagination or innovative daring

Honestly only one step up from EA, they are trash and I hope they go bankrupt soon

>Easily had the best third-party E3 this year.
Ubisoft had the best E3 of anyone this year period, and their E3 wasn't even that good.

I like Aisha Tyler and she's the reason I watched the past Ubisoft conferences.