It sucks. It truly sucks

It sucks. It truly sucks.

At first I thought "hey, this may be just another hate wave, these professional reviews don't mean a thing". But no. The game is horrible in many, many ways.

>Level design
>Enemy (their patterns, not the art)
>Object placement in general, ladders, platforms, pits, checkpoints
>Weapons are literally useless, even on bosses
>English dub is one of the worst I've seen in a couple years
>Inconsistent performance (lots of random frame drops)
>Forgettable music
>Presentation. It looks like some fan game made at home with a team of two people
>Clunky menus on PC, lots of useless functions and some don't even work properly (like setting lower resolutions)
>Bugs. But that was expected

In the end, this guy spent $4m on fucking nothing. Delayed because he had to set up online? Fuck you.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The hate for MN9 is dumb. Evil, even. To be honest, people are being mean, tearing into it for no reason. Everyone needs to chill out.

Remember it didn't have a huge budget, that kind of money doesn't go far. How many kickstarter games even come out, and furthermore, how many are good? Next to none, I'll bet. Nobody cares about a few framerate issues. One or two delays? So what? Terrible art style? Totally subjective. Horrid voice acting? Nah.

I'm pretty damn satisfied with this game, nobody can tell me it's bad.

It's bad.

There, I told you.

>MN9 took almost 3 years to be made
>pic related was done in 3 months

The art isn't bad, but you must be deaf to not notice how bad the english dub is. Maybe you're just baiting. Who knows.

And yes, there are many other kickstarter good games, specially one very famous blue knight with a digging tool... and guess what? It didn't even need $4m.

>Remember it didn't have a huge budget
3 million dollars in kickstarter money. This does not include money from other sources, like publishers or comcept investors.

>that kind of money doesn't go far.
It can. I'll demonstrate in a moment.

>How many kickstarter games even come out
So long as you practice basic kickstarter sense, you shouldn't be burned too much by video games.

>and furthermore, how many are good?
Most of them, actually.

>Nobody cares about a few framerate issues.
I do. Anyone who cares about gameplay does. I'm not one of those MUST RUN AT 60 nerds, but framerates should be stable.

> One or two delays? So what?
Delays would be acceptable if the game was good. It's not.

>Terrible art style? Totally subjective.
Art is, generally speaking, subjective. However, there are certain things that are not. Mighty Number Nine looks bad.

>nobody can tell me it's bad.
I can. It's bad. You are working to justify your shitty purposes.

Now let's talk about my favorite kickstarter backed project. Armello.

Armello runs smoothy, it has fun gameplay, and makes for a great night with friends. Sure, it's kind of slow because it's a digital boardgame, but it doesn't have any huge technical problems.

Armello was made with a TENTH of MN9's budget, if that. A TENTH.

You can't say MN9 is bad, I don't see you making a better game :^)

Jokes on you dude
then again you might just call my game shit

im not even that guy but i agree eniterly with him, game is terrible no matter how you look at it

I was being facetious

Needs an "Over 20 lbs of Ass & Ass" sticker.

I'm not a game developer, I pay for games for entertainment, our fucking money pay their bills and they should deliver quality material in return. Specially when we blindly invest $4m on a product he promised to be good.

So what, am I supposed to be forbidden to call your job shit just because I can't do better? What if you depend on my money to pay your fucking bills too?

You're an idiot.

I played two stages so far, Dynatron's and Cryo's. Dynatron's stage and boss fight was kinda easy but Cryo gave me a good workout. Both stages are kinda short and the one weapon I tried, Dynatron's, seemed like a useless piece of shit. The main thing I take issue with is the awful, awful optimization. Also, not being able to change graphics options during a stage is pretty bad. Still, the hour I've played so far was at least ten times more enjoyable and challenging than the three hours I spent on Shantae and the Pirate's Curse which a lot of people seem to fawn over for no good reason.

The stretch goals fucked them over hard, they bite way more than they could chew, the dumbest thing was promise to release it on every fucking platform, no dev can do that much work and deliver a decent product
Exclusives are the most polished games for a reason

+$4.2 MILLIONS

>post yfw you didn't back it

Your pic is missing this one OP.

Shantae is polished, have a better level design and specially a clever dungeon design. It may not be as fast as MN9 but the upgrade system, the adventure, story, music, performance, graphics, literally everything, beats MN9 easily.

Your tastes may just be different.

That samefag tho

>We want to make a sequel to 2016's GOTY.

>didn't have a huge budget

nigger what

OP here. No, not samefagging.

>Die at Trinity
>Have to do the stage again
>Those things you have to shoot to turn into platforms or destroy to make a path instantly reform after exploding and I can't make anymore progress

Wow ty for ur opinion now I don't need to go to gamefaqs :DDDDDDD

Do you have any other reviews made of bullet-pointed memes for me?

quality bait

I'm scared to imagine what the game would have looked like if it just barely met its kickstarter goal.

>didn't have a huge budget
3.8 million dollars is more than enough you stupid fucking nigger

Reminder that if you backed this, you and Dina have your names on the same product.

Way better probably, because then it wouldnt have had to do the retardedly ambitious stretch goal, just look at the first demo they put out in 7 days, it looked way better than the final product, but then they had to adjust the development process to make it easier to develop for 10 fucking different platforms

>tfw I backed HGH instead

Hmmm, I wonder where this came from...

>for no reason

Comcept is a shitty company, I doubt they could end up delivering a decent material. They should have tied with a bigger company.

Maybe better? I haven't looked but it sounds like the stretch goals expanded the platforms beyond what they could manage, if they just hit there minimum goal maybe the game would have been more focused.

yeah thats what i said, exclusives are the most polished games for a reason

Yeah and both suck.

I tagged wrong post, my bad :-p

I'm not going to pretend $4mil is a massive budget for all video games, but it was plenty for a game of this scale.

A better game that took less money, is more memorable, has more replay value, and overall a better presentation, sure, there might be slowdown issues at times, but the game itself is pretty good.

>LE MIGHTY NO 9 IS BAD MAYMAY
Just stop, Sup Forums. You're trying so hard to force another TORtanic when MN9 is a fucking awesome game. I backed the kickstarter and I have no regrets.

How much did you pay? Be honest now.

Would this have done better if Capcom wouldn't stop bullying them?

4 mil is a fucking ton for this kind of game. I doubt not a single Mega Man game had that kind of budget and even its worst entries are better than MN9.

Sauce please? Reverse image search shows nothing.

I need source on this.

Dina's name is in the credits with a shitty rap song playing over.

Holy fuck.

Hello orangutano

hello orangutano

Lose some fucking weight, Lanky

>that kind of money doesn't go far.
It does with competent devs.
kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight

it's definitely no x4...it's barely an x7

Why is this game so buggy? It crashed four times on my computer, and for whatever reason, the game doesn't fucking save. Every time I loaded the game up it was reset to factory conditions. Who programmed this nonsense? And what fools failed to bug test critical crashes and inability to save? On the fourth crash I just gave up and uninstalled the game.

Also is it just me or do spikes kill you even during invincibility frames from taking damage? Maybe my timing was just poor and the invincibility wore off moments prior to touching the spikes but I felt like every time I'd get hit back into a spike pit I died instantly.

The game doesn't have the magic in Megaman because the characters and designs are so soulless and the English voice acting is so atrocious, only matched by its awful script. Luckily I speak Japanese and the game does allow you to change to Japanese text and voice. While the Japanese is not exceptional, in fact, it's about as standard a performance as you can get from any Japanese media, it doesn't have such forcibly shoe-horned in "jokes" that make me feel embarrassed just for having witnessed it.

I didn't back this shit, even as a huge Megaman fan, and I'm glad I didn't. For years I considered Inafune the father of Megaman, but now I know him to be just another businessman looking to eke out just a few more bucks.

They had talented people working in, people who certainly aged programming and designing platformers like Mega Man since the dawn of videogames

Inafune left and built his own company, Comcept.

>Capcom used to make the good Mega Man games we remember
>Comcept is not Capcom
>Comcept certainly has no experient people to work on such titles

No wonder why it went so wrong.

This is exactly what happens when you pay for a job up front. They already had everyone's money. So why would they care about the final result.

I totally agree. I tried so hard to find the magic from Mega Man in this game (which I ironically found in Gunvolt and Shovel Knight) but it was nowhere to be found.

It's just a shitty platformer, with bad music (only the main theme shines), shitty voice acting and frustrating boss fights that aren't 1/10 as rewarding as old Mega Man games used to be.

I guess we're done with this guy and his attempt to revive some of the nostalgia MM entries had.

The spikes are just like Mega Man 1, they kill regardless you're on iframes or not. Lame programming.

>It's a feature!

That game was awful

Better than 8
JUMP JUMP

No it wasn't

faggot

It is a feature.
Doesn't mean it's a good one.

bait
a
i
t

ITT: People surprised that Inafune made a shit game.

Don't forget, kids: Inafune was only a concept artist. He had nothing to do with the games beyond that. Expecting Mighty No. 9 to meet or beat even the worst Megaman is like hiring a an artistically inept clown to make a stroke-for-stroke replica of the Mona Lisa. Or hiring Michael J. Fox to create a perfect copy of the Venus de Milo. That shit just isn't going to happen.

I played all classic megaman games in a row and 7 was pretty delightful, megaman 4 is more forgetable in my opinion.

people who compare about sprite size "fucking up the gameplay" are inflicted with mongotism.

can someone give me a download for the game

>Weapons are literally useless, even on bosses

I'll accept your criticism of the game because I believe it has its fair share of flaws. But this is bullshit. The problem with this game is that the weapons are broken. They trivialize the combo system. Ice power? Get 100% on basically everything. Exploding projectile? Get super high 2.0x combos all the time and kill enemies super fast. Use weakness on boss? Boss gets fucking rekt.

They're too good, nowhere near useless.

Me too.

God I fucking love this game

How is the online anyways? I haven't heard anyone talk about that.

I enjoy the game but yes the level design is inconsistent and the weapons are weak. The Mine stage is unnecessarily cruel and I don't get what the designers were smoking when they made it.

It's an okay game but will never back anything Inafune again.

hello orungutano

I doubt anyone bothered about trying

hello orungutano

I loved it back in the day. Still have in my HDD Loader though.

god-tier platformer

>Remember it didn't have a huge budget,

Lad are you retarded or a shill

hello orungutano

I really hate the overreliance of the dash mechanic. Even the most tiny enemies takes a fuckton of shots just to kill or you have to dash it.

They have poor energy, making most basically 4-5 shots then done.

>no charge shots
>no autofire when holding down the button
button mashing never made any game better, not even Metal Slug

>Hello orangutano

Here's your (You)

Are you fucking kidding me? Divinity OS had a fraction of the money from backers that this game did and it turned out a hell of a lot better than the majority of triple A titles that come out. Inafune does not give a fuck about making games anymore, he'll take the money gladly and churn out shit games because people won't let megaman just die. There's a reason Capcom gave up on his shit.

hello orungutano

Bump

>tfw backed La-Mulana 2

MM8 has dope sprites and music though