Who the fuck is Hylia? What happened to Din, Nayru and Farore?

Who the fuck is Hylia? What happened to Din, Nayru and Farore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JX5Tp4sZbFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They created the world then fucked off. Leaving lesser deities like Hylia to manage it.

So why did she just disappear after Skyward sword? Don't give me the whole "she didn't exist until skyward sword was made" bullshit, this goddess had a fucking godzilla statue made for her and everyone just forgets about her?

Hylia is just Zelda.

She reincarnates as Zelda every time.

If hylia is zelda then who's the deity that reincarnates as link?

None.
Link ganondorf and zelda are cursed.

remake without motion controls when?

>Hyrule
>Hylian race
>Lake Hylia
It was simply never revelant to mention her directly until Skyward Sword.

i thought Link was more of a metaphor than a spirit, like, Hylia's blessing to Demises curse was that a hero will rise to defeat him when an incarnation of his hatred emerges

where does this concept come from?

ordona :^)

As long as Demise/Ganon are around there will never be true peace. So they're endlessly reincarnating and fighting over the triforce

Did you actually play Skyward Sword?
Hylia is reborn as Zelda.

Fierce Deity.

In Majora Link becomes OP because he gets all of his power back.

someone made a manga (i think it's cannon) about a hero (who after being imprisoned for some shit his entire life) fought the demon king and held the enemies away while hylia rose to the sky. The hero was destined to be reincarnated for eternity so that he may keep hylia safe. Plus, the goddess hylia fell in love with him and decided to reincarnate herself as a human so that she could be with him.

ok fine. but what's the source of this information?

Skyward Sword.

The ending of Skyward Sword, when Demise literally announces he's cursing Link and Zelda to put up with his bullshit forever

is hylia the same person as hyrule?

In order to seal away Demise, she cast off her goddess form and was reborn as a Hylian girl, the first Zelda.

Fucking play Skyward Sword, or watch the cutscenes on youtube

Hyrule is named after Hylia

CURSE YOU ZELDA!!!
CURSE YOU SAGES!!!
CURSE YOU... Link!!!

Why is lake Hylia not Lake Hyrule?

I like this. Link is the reincarnation of some angry as fuck warrior god who comes back every few hundred years to kick the ass of whatever new big bad monster happens to be kicking around at that point in time.

THEORY TIME:

Lake Hylia was created when the goddess cut the land from the earth to create Skyloft.

Because like every story in japland, they make it up as they go. This hylia shit was just added when they decided to add a backstory after they created a timeline.

Because it's made our of Hylia's tears after ganon raped her

That's hot.

CURSE YOU... jimbo!!!

Oh, ok.

mfw I couldn't beat that boss so this is actually new information to me

To be fair, plenty of western works pull this same shit

>Remember Bilbo's magic ring that makes him invisible?
>Lol now its a corrupting artifact forged by an evil being

>couldnt beat demise
what the fuck

Link has always been Link, a hero chosen by Hylia.

The Fierce Deity was created by the hope and suffering of the people of Termina under the wrath of Majora's Mask

Zelda is Hylia. Play the game

At the end of Skyward Sword the statue island goes back.

How many ancient technologically civilizations are there in the Zelda universe?

One

Demise is stupidly easy though. I don't mind though because the area you fight him in is rad

The statue lands at the place that would become the Temple of Time. Skyloft is still in the sky

Or Din, Nayru and Farore keep coming back in every era as Ganon, Link and Zelda to have fun in the world they have created

As a reminder for the Hylian legend.

She's a servant of the Golden Goddesses who watches over the beings of the world.

Oh, well that may be then.

Maybe on the NX. Aonuma said a remaster was possible like a week ago

how come hyrule doesn't have historians?

We have things like business transactions dating all the way back to ancient rome because they bothered to write shit down.

Did you never figure out you can use skyward strike to imbue your sword with lightning power like him?

Who do you think wrote the Hyrule Historia????????????????????????

Seriously though, there have been libraries and books in some of the games. There's probably some history. As well as shit like youtube.com/watch?v=JX5Tp4sZbFQ that information had to come from someone

They do have history, but if it's anything like our history it is possible they had a dark ages where much of what had been learned and passed down was lost to time and only carried on by legends.

I didn't watch all of Breath of the Wild's E3 footage but I saw screencaps of the Hylia statue. Anyone know where it was, specifically if it was in the vicinity of the ruins of the Temple of Time? Would be really interesting if it is.

they're inaccurate retellings passed along via word of mouth

LEGEND of Zelda

To be fair that's a dangerous move since he goes for a dash attack as soon as you raise the sword and you either have to strike him with lightning immediately or catch the lightning and backflip out of the way.

If i recall the statue is in the temple of time. they just never really explored the temple or payed much attention to what was in it aside from the chest with the bow.

I don't know, man. That story seems pretty accurate

Things weren't really lost during the dark ages, though. Civilization was just too broken up in the easy for commerce and trade and literacy reached a low point

Cool, makes sense that it is given where it ends up at the end of Skyward Sword. What a neat detail.

The legend is that a long time ago a princess named Zelda was put to eternal sleep and since then every princess has been named Zelda.

...was it a cute boy?

Who is the Goddess of Time?

Who is the Goddess of the Sand?

They're called the dark ages because of both a lack of recorded history and destruction of existing records.

Also they were literally dark because of a mini ice age due to a volcanic eruption.

she's probably a false god. Not like she actually did anything besides have a giant statue

The Spirit of the Hero and the Bloodline of the Goddess were cursed alongside Demise to fight for eternity.

Further proof that Nintendo puts half assed effort into plot and the "time line" should not be taken seriously.

no

A Hylia Statue is located in the Temple of Time. It's small though, it can't be the same one.

it's perfectly ok to not care about the zelda timeline and not take it seriously.

What's not ok is when you start autistically formulating your own timeline whilst not taking nintendo's word of god as fact.

>BotW is going to delve into Sheikah lore, even if slightly
>games will never delve more into Gerudo
>you'll never get Gerudo in HD

whhyyyyyyy

Didn't she create skyloft to keep the people safe? Then proceed to create the temples and Fi to help the hero who would one day defeat Demise?

The director's OC Goddess donut steel.

Because literally everyone who gave a fuck about her still live in the sky by the end of the game.

But user

what if it does

I'd love for that to happen. But it doesn't really seem likely considering where the game PROBABLY takes place in the timeline.

Then again, FSA is AFTER Twilight Princess and has them. Running massage parlors.

When you're a civilization that is exclusively women whoring yourself out is not a bad idea.

I wish more fanart would feature them running the parlors, especially since the manga has a few semi-lewd pages about it.

Depending on the timeline you're talking about, most of the games do follow up on past game's history. Its never shoved in your face, but major games like TP and WW talk about OoTs story. Even smaller games like Minish Cap touch on past Links and such.

post pages. or at least a link to them

Gerudos are such qts.

Lemme dig out my FSA mangas to find the pages. I think it's the second volume?

I don't really like TP, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for Akira Himekawa's manga for it.

Hylia's Chosen Hero, who wasn't a deity, but a normal man. Presumebly, his name was also Link.
Hylia's intention wasn't to have herself and Link reincarnate time after time, that was Demise's curse on them.

>Who the fuck is Hylia?
Back when Hyrule wasn't Hyrule, Hylia herself was the godesss that reigned the vast unnamed lands.

>What happened to Din, Nayru and Farore?
They fucked off right after molding the world, not before leaving the triforce and Hylia behind to protect it.

Pic related. This OG nigga died protecting Hylia from Demise and was the first wielder of the master sword.

Hylia was meant to reincarnate once as Zelda along with pic related Link. That was before Demise cursed SS Zelda/Link for eternity.

>so that she could be with him.
That contradicts Skyward Sword itself, where her plan was only to reincarnate as a mortal so she could use the Triforce.

user, Akira Himekawa's mangas aren't canon.
That particular one contradicts the creation of the Master Sword itself, even.

>JUPER SEW NOSE
>GYPSY SCUM
>ARABS TOO
not really mang

source of image?

Nigger did you play the game? She gave up on her divinity so she would reincarnate as a human with the OG Link that died sealing Demise and when the first actual reincarnation of Link went there to finally defeat him, he along with Zelda got cursed into reincarnating and doing the same song and dance for eternity with with the incarnation of Demise's hatred

No one mentions Hylia because she is basically dead.

the skyward sword prequel manga

The whole sequence that leads to his fight is awesome, Link just charges a horde of enemies to try and recover Zelda and then goes through the corridor of time after her

I really want a game where the tribe is finally proactive in trying to help Link deal with Ganon/Dorf because they are always getting fucked by him or his mothers

Sounds legit, im down for that

they were called the dark ages because the renaissance-era faggots who ran things wanted to appear better than them.

Byzantine did fine until the crusaders fucked it up

>Groose is the father of the Gerudo race
How plausible is it?

Fuck you that's what. Zelda is now literally Jesus and the perfect character.

Why did SS do so much stuff so incredibly wrong?

>Fi explicitly says you are cut off from the Heavens and can't use the Skyward Strike for this battle.
>Get royally assraped several times.
>LOL JK you need to use a Skyward Strike to win.

So much wrong with this damn game.

>Needing the Lightning Strike to win

He is the father of the modern cucco race.

Nope
He never scored

This.I beat demise with out needing the lightning.

It's a fair assumption given how every Ganondorf fight beforehand has a scripted "final blow".

You don't use the skyward strike, you fucking catch lightning.

>b-b-but how was I supposed to know you could do that
Demise fucking does it in the cutscene.

Fi can ice skate in a cutscene. Does that mean Link can too?

The Lightning is a Skyward Strike in everything but name.