Do you think Nintendo's proud of this game in hindsight?

Do you think Nintendo's proud of this game in hindsight?

Did you enjoy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=shibvkpyb8E
metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unironically my favorite Zelda title. The hate for it always baffled me.

It had the best 3D dungeons and I liked how revisiting the ground world almost always unlocked a new or remixed area to explore.

If they had done something about that barren sky world, added more enemy types, ditched the stupid-ass harp and had a Fi on/off toggle, it would have been GOTY.

I love it. Probably in the top 3 of my Zelda favorites.

I have trouble understanding the hate for it as well, was probably the most solid title for the Wii.

It's a good game. The biggest flaw was that the final product didn't line up with the prerelease talk about it. They made it sound like you could fly around Hyrule, but you could only fly around the featurless cloudscape.

The open world of the new game may be just as shocking, when players realize that winning the game still involves following the planned quest.

It's a good game, but shit compared to other Zeldas.
It's too linear, and the low resolution did it no justice.

also fuck it for killing all my Wii controllers.

Every game after Ocarina receives immediate scorn when released. It takes years for everyone to admit they love it.

Just a chore to play through honestly.

Everything about this game was sublime, except for the actual gameplay, hence why I never finished it.

it had some really good dungeons and some pretty good combat mechanics. too bad literally EVERYTHING ELSE about the game sucked, including anything having to do with motion-controls that was NOT the main sword/combat mechanic. seriously, how in the hell did TP/wii have better wiimote aiming than this...

It had my favourite story of all the zelda games. I loved the ancient take on old hyrule, all the other species and all the ruins. How the ocean became a sand sea. I also liked how it gave ganondorf a backstory how he's a reincarnated spirit of the demon demise. Cool art, the sky island concept was cool. Literally a 10/10 game for me.

Still hate it as much as I did the first time I played it

I hope Breath of the Wild adds another alternate love interest like SS did.

Peatrice was literally my favorite part of ss

Its so bad that I don't think I'll have any hope for a console zelda ever again. Somehow the handheld ones turn out ok though. Still don't really understand how that works

OOT Link had a new girl in every corner of the map.

I hope they bring over the market place. A ton of shops with stuff that's worth it is always nice.

I enjoyed it, but I don't like motion controls.

They weren't hard or off like a lot of people claimed, just awkward.

Other than that, a pretty okay game

I enjoy it, but I prefer MM.

I really hated it cause of the motion controls. It had it moment with some boss fights, but that about it.

It also had the worst Zelda

I enjoyed it the first time.

Too much hand holding, but I still liked it.

I loved it

What the fuck is your problem?

And the best right in the middle.

>Didn't have a problem with most of the stuff people complain about.
>But the game hit my number one vidya pet peeve with boss demotion.

FUCK

My amigos. Brings me to wonder if there are any doujins involving her ...

>camera pans around room
>figure out puzzle before it finishes
>Fi tells you how to do the puzzle

I had plenty of fun with it and i liked it, irecognise that it has flaws though. That said, in one thing Skyward Sword stands above all the other ones in the franchise, and that is the fact that it is the only one where you actually care about saving Zelda

Damn imagine flying around BotW's landscape with the Loftwing instead of just riding Epona

Just like how much it improved Xenoblade Chronicles and MMOs.

It didn't.

I liked the return of the sword beam.

Holy fuck the Zelda cycle is real.

I always loved this game

Malon a fucking shit.

>boss demotion
As in, the boss becomes a regular enemy later?

Malon is the fucking best, fuck you and your shit taste.

I enjoyed it. I liked the atmosphere, the music, the story, and the new characters and also didn't hate the motion controls as much as most people. That being said, I enjoy almost all of the 3D Zelda games so you can't say I'm a Zelda Cycler for liking it either.

Never understood all the butt blasting about motion controls, swordplay was pretty much fine, and using the remote and nunchuk to fire an arrow was fun.

Same here

>Says I have shit taste
>Waifus the girl that hangs around horses and barns all day and thus smells like shit

I fucking loved the game. Anyone that says the motion controls didn't work is reaching for an easy, yet untrue, target.

>he doesn't like the smell of farms
>he doesn't know what bathing is
this fucking guy

>Did you enjoy it?
Yes. It's my favourite Zelda game.

I enjoyed the shit out of it. yeah there are definitely shit parts to it, the game isn't perfect at all. But I think its much better than the majority of people give it credit for.

I'm seriously surprised to see a mostly positive thread about this game. While it's not my favorite Zelda and was a disappointment in some ways, I still had a great time with it.

Cute.

There are no bathrooms in Malon's house or in the barn. There's nowhere for her to bathe. She lives in the middle of a huge field with a river far away from her.

She smells like shit, deal with it.

Save for the motion controls [spoilers]and the imprisoned battles[/spoilers] I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was enjoyable but it was different. At the end of the day I'd rather play the other 4 3d zelda games.

There's no bathroom anywhere in OOT, it's easier to just pretend it's off in a sideroom Link didn't bother going in

>far away

it's like a 5 minute walk.

It takes less time than that for it to become nighttime, at which point Stalchildren will come out and attack you. Malon would be dead quickly since she doesn't have anything to defend herself and can't play the Sun's Song.

>mfw I just realized MM is link's dying mind, and maron is the child version of malon he couldn't protect from the "aliens" molesting her (her dad and uncle)

That's a really shitty fanfiction

Good dungeons, fun side quests, overall weighed down by an empty ass world. there only being one town sucked, final boss and ending were incredibly underwhelming.
I didn't mind the motion controls, but I totally get why it would bother other people. My cousin couldn't play the game at all because of them, carpal tunnel.

The boss in the water/light&dark dungeon was great.
I think I'll always have that memory of picking up his giant fuckin cleaver, two handing the wiimote, and going to town on his ass.

Other than that nothing really stood out.

sorry. it's true.

MM was dark.

No it's not.
It's a good theory
But it's not.

nah it sucked then and it sucks now. it will always suck. its a shit game

I liked it from the start. I actually enjoyed the waggle (especially compared to the waggle found in TP), but I admit the game was far from perfect.

Having to retread the same areas and do that mandatory collect shit while you avoid stuff minigame wasn't great, but at least LaNayru desert was interesting enough to visit twice.

Also Fi was a pretty terrible companion and worse than Navi in terms of obnoxiousness. Funny how they tried to pull a feels moment right before you sealed her away permanently only for it to fall completely flat.

Played it in 2014, loved it. It nails that sense of 'Legend' better than any other game in the series, imo.

>back when I had a going into games machine...

matpat pls

This. The art style and the dungeons were great, but playing it is fucking tedious and irritating.

Hey, it's just a theory...

It made me realize I don't have to play through mediocre/bad games just because the game is called Zelda.

The motion controls crippled the entire game for me, first zelda game I've ever stopped halfway through

Cremia is better
Romani is the best though

All three are best.

Sup Forums says this 720p 20 fps empty world pos is better than The Witcher 3 smdh

Never understood the h8 tbhwu

>tight, accurate waggle felt great
>pretty good puzzles
>dank combat
>excellent dungeons
>memorable ost
>engaging side quests and characters, waifu tier Zelda

Overworld was lame though, I'll give you that, and the 'tears' sidequests were just boring as shit. I think that it started out strong, plateaued some, and came roaring back strong.

Look at you. You can't even shitpost properly. Poor thing.

this needs to be updated

I liked the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=shibvkpyb8E

Don't be surprised. Most of the simpletons here would rather follow the herd than maintain a real, justifiable opinion about anything. That's what the Zelda cycle is: ignorant contrarianism.

Ayy yo muh shitty animoo weeaboo game

Not for this reason, but same here. I've never stopped halfway through a legend of zelda game till Skyward's Sword. It wasn't the controls, I actually enjoyed them but there was just something about it that made me drop it for months randomly. I didn't pick it back up till I lost internet for a while and had literally nothing else to do.

The only part of the game I disliked was the fucking clown.

I actually really loved the sword fighting.

Easily one of my favorite 3D Zelda's, sad that Sup Forums doesn't like it.

Just a tip next time man this is a Skyward Sword thread and not a Breath of the Wild thread. You'll get there someday.

I really liked it.
although controversial, I liked the introduction of the stamina meter which has carried on to the next title
The tear segments went from agonizingly boring in TP to actually pretty tense segments that I looked forward to every time
The dungeons seemed pretty interesting although they got pretty basic and boring at times
And the artstyle is nice, even though it certainly isn't a technical feat by any means. I enjoyed the watercolor effect

It's just that the stopping in the action with Fi, the dowsing shit, Fi again, getting an item that opens your menu, searching for koros/tadtones etc brought everything down a lot

Still love the game

>find item
>game popup explains item
>fi shows up
>"I see you have an *item*"
>gives same fucking explanation on how to use it

seriously fuck this character. Fi was like all the bad things about Navi times 1000

It took years for people to like Adventure of Link, too.

Someday I'm gonna have to go play Spirit Tracks, Ages & Seasons, Minish Cap, and ALBW. I think I stopped about 1/2 of the way through ALBW for some reason.

pacing was shit but i thought the core gameplay was really really good.

>It took years for people to like Adventure of Link, too.

No it didn't.

I am now going to be sad that SS's Skyloft isn't reachable from BotW's Hyrule.

you think anyone'll ever mod the game to tone Fi down?

Skyloft may have landed, but BotW DOES have some kinda floating island in the sky.

by far worst fucking Zelda game ever played boring and too empty even though thats the point but fucccck dude.

I'm certain that anyone is proud of a long work like making a video game.

But I don't think they are as proud of it. And probably regret it after all the backlash and the fact that they even said they took in to a lot of consideration the flaws pointed out about that game. And the new Zelda is proving to go the complete opposite direction.

this is because all the children are asleep. everyone left up knows how things can be flawed but still have merits

I haven't played a Zelda game since OoT. I tried Majora's Mask but as soon as I saw there was a time limit I stopped playing and lost interest in the series. Looking forward to BotW though, looks great.

None of the games imply that Skyloft has landed.

Sure.

No, playing it on dolphin so far and the waggling is annoying the shit out of me.

Maybe if i used a real wiimote that i have lying around, but damn i'm gonna have fi tell me over and over that "my batteries will run out" no thanks.

Decided i'll play SPM instead until I can find a way to play it better.

do you actually understand how the "time limit" works? It's more complicated and interesting than a time limit to 100% the game, and it isn't a burden in any way.

I don't understand the hate for it here on Sup Forums. It was great and the motion plus combat was really well done.

Going to leave this here.
metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword

Dude the game's made for the wii remote with the motion plus thing, of course it's going to be annoying simulating that on a keyboard. You're supposed to be using your wrist for this stuff.

I do, I just have no interest in playing it.