Stupid shit people say about a game

>it gets good 15 hours in

>Buy game
>You have to invest time in it before it gets good

I have heard retards here say this numerous time and I kindly tell them to fuck off.

whats wrong with admitting some parts of the game arent good

If a game doesn't pull you in instantly, it's failed.

>This part of the game is shit so the rest of it doesn't count

>Game is good with friends

>It gets good 80 hours in

>15 hours
>some parts

look Im willing to give the game a fair chance and a lot of games do take awhile to get going, but at the BARE MINIMUM you have to give some indication early on that things will improve

>It's a good game, just not a good [series] game.

Really depends on the kind of game. A game with a particularly deep system could have a fairly steep learning curve that puts people off in the beginning.

>DUDE IT GETS GOOD ONCE YOU BUY THE EXPANSION AND ALL THE DLC AND BEAT EVERY SINGLE ONE 29 TIMES TO UNLOCK EVERY SINGLE ACHIEVEMENT AND SECRET
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

>Here, try these control settings and the game will be infinitely better! ;^)
I'm looking at you, the crew

> a game isn't good unless its more than 10 hours long!

If it's any more than 12 hours it's just a chore for anyone that isn't a fucking shut-in loser

That's a reasonable thing to say if a game is significantly different from its predecessors. Not all games are aimed at the same audience.

>It's slower than X version because it has more content
>Both games have the same amount of content in them
>Censorship does not make the game bad
>Digital only does not make the game bad
>The Japanese version is superior than the west version even though it has the same content

paradox games are boring at release

wew lad

>The game is good, you just are playing it wrong

I was told this lie about FF13. It never got good.

>*plays it a certain way*
>YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT THE RIGHT WAY

>it gets good 15 hours in
>game is 16 hours long

why?

>It gets good three seconds in if you piss yourself before playing it for the first time,

Well if it's what I gotta do

>the game is fine offline
looking at you SFV

does that mean its not up to the standards of the series or does it mean the game went in such a different direction that it no longer resembles said series?

examples of the former: Dark Souls 2

examples of the later: Toe Jam and Earl 2 and Nuts and bolts.

>FF13
>it really opens up after 10-20 hours
>one fucking empty field with a few branching paths
can't believe I wasted my time

what game

the only """"game"""" this is true for, is muv luv

A friend told me to do it before playing MGS 4

>play Mother 3
>Think the first 85% of it is boring and stuff
>It sets up the last 15%
>It was totally worth it in the end
Probably the best final boss i've ever fought.

MH4U took me 1-2 hours to properly get in, which I say is a pretty fair time. But to invest 15 hours for a game to get good is just downright ridiculous.

holy fuck this

god FFXIII is so trash

not 1 redeeming quality in the entirety of that game

FFX had way more content and literally the best combat in the series

>reading simulator
>game
Pick One.

I want to put my tongue inside Hachikuji's mouth.

>long lost brother who was presumed dead is final boss

wow what a game-changer!!

What do you mean?

I meant Porky, I don't count dumb easy shit as the final boss.

>I want to buy a game that originally came out in another country
>Except with censored and/or cut content
>and still pay that of a similar price of when it originally came out

Fucking retards I tell yea what

>it gets awful 2 hours in

fuck you, Monster Hunter gets good after 100 hours. You justn ned to grind a little

Personally I liked Porkey more. Didnt really care about the sad brother shit that was forced
nvm user was right

You can play soccer by only headbutting the ball and you'll be far less active than the people who use their feet, so if you complain that the game is boring and you're not getting enough action you have only yourself to blame.

why would you do this? she‛s just a kid

>I still support a company that region locks their shit in the year 2016

What the fuck are you talking about? I had a great time from beginning to end during my first MH. Everyone after that can be annoying, but only because of the tutorials. After that its business as usual.

I bet you never even finished it, dumbass faggot

Final Fantasy XIII. It really does get good after 20 hours. But that makes the game shit.

Protip:
it's a meme, you dip

>Piracy is okay if I wouldn't have bought it in the first place
If you wouldn't have bought it in the first place, you wouldn't have pirated it either. There are some games that just plain dont deserve space on your drives.

It gets better the second or third time you beat the game.

>It gets good after you hit the open world guys
>it goes right to shit as soon as you hit the open world

You're still doing the exact same fucking thing after 100 hours, or after 1000 hours, if you don't like it by hour 5 then you're never going to like it.

Define "good"

Certain games really open up after a point and become substantially better. And multiplayer games I feel become a million times better once you get better. For example street fighter is a franchise that only became absolutely amazing to me after hundreds of hours of dedication and frustration as I attempted to learn how to play.

>the real content starts when you hit max level

I stopped playing after about 15 hours. I believe people who say it gets good after 20 hours but I just didn't care anymore, game was shit and I hated it and I wasn't slogging through more hours of that shitfest for the vague promise of good gameplay hidden beyond.

>It has shit gameplay and voice acting and graphics and animations and it's buggy as hell but it's the best game ever!

Basically every fucking "classic" PC RPG.

RPGs in general are shit to be honest.

>the real content starts after you finish the game

I'm looking at you literally every Disgaea game

>"senjougahara best girl"

>I didn't like that game
>Oh did you at least get to x?
>Yeah, I have over 100 hours in gameplay.

If you have to put double digits amount of hours for you to find out if a game is "good" , that just a failure in general

>I played this game for 50 hours and I hate it

>It's shit because this mechanic that doesn't take any effort to avoid makes it too easy
For instance people complaining about quick travel ruining the game when they could just not use it.

I just ment most MMOs but holy fucking shit you brought out a lot salt in me that I forgot.
>Item world
>class world
>X-World
>Post game bonus bosses
>gotta keep girinding on the maps made for grinding at a snail rate pace
>Gotta keep rebrithing and getting stronger
How do people stand it?

>FFX had way more content and literally the best combat in the series
Not sure it the best combat, but it the most snappy and responsive, which really helps with the pacing even if it is turn base

>tfw this is me and literally every multiplayer shooter
I fucking hate them but can't stop putting hundreds if not thousands of hours into them.

I pirate shit because I can. Fuck you, deal with it.

Pretty much every MHfag ever.
>It's not a GQ140 so it doesn't count! Our game's the best and the hardest when you're 300 hours in and fighting post-G-rank frenzied apex alpha turbo-mode godkiller zinogregios!
I really like Monster Hunter but the "core" of the game is high-rank. You can grind forever in G-rank but that's post-game, like going NG+++ or bonus difficulty mode in other games.

that means you like them retard. you hate to lose, you like to win.

>no one would ever do something they dislike for a prolonged amount of time

At least you're transparent about it.

I wish Google had software I could pirate. Dumb assholes put me on hold for four hours only to tell me they had no phone support and I want vengeance.

Honeymoon period Pooh Bear. Some games have longer ones

>It's a [Insert site/buzzword that Sup Forums thinks is negative]
Yeah I see that you're part of le secret Sup Forums club since you hate that one thing, but that doesn't tell me anything about the game.

any fighting game requires you to invest at least 50 hours of play to not be bored to death getting your ass handled to you if you never played the genre before

>it gets good after the 647th run

Are there actually people who give excuses for pirating? I pirate because I don't wanna pay even if I know it's not right. Besides if it's actually a really good game, enough normies are gonna pay for it anyways

I think that just means you got tired of the game and the magic wore off. the fact there was a 'honeymoon period' means the game was at least good for a while.

>FF7
hit it until it dies and use your most damaging spells

>FF8
Draw system and GF system in general

>FF9
intro to fights drags for almost 30 secs or some shit

combat in general is slow af, same process as FFVII

>FFX
fast, flashy, and many bosses required actual thinking due many of them having unique mechanics outside of being damage sponges

>FFXII
so slow, boring, and uneventful that they added a "Fast-Foward" button in the Zodiac version

As a MHfag myself
I can see where you're coming from, G-quests get annoying and tiring very easily, I've even had some hunts where I was actually able to sleep through them as I hunted. I usually just thinking something like Gogmazios or Wings of Dischord/Rust Remover Kushala or MONSTER HUNTER are good end points to the game.

why do people hate on FFX so much? because it doesn't have an overworld? so what? yeah it's linear to an extent but it has a very real fleshed out world and probably the most refined turn-based combat. I replay it just for fun pretty much every other year.

>[X] RPG combat is too slow

Gee fucking really, individual unit turn based menu scroll combat is slow? Call the fucking press!

What kind of idiot would say that about Binding of Isaac? It's either fun starting from the first run or it's just not for you.

That's actually true for some games

>that means you like them

do you know what settling means?

>Are there people who give excuses
>Follows up question with personal justification for pirating

I haven't actually played FFXIII, why is it that it takes 20 fucking hours for it to be good?

No you fucking retard it doesn't get good once you get to Gran Pulse. It's still the same braindead combat. It's still the same bland linear leveling. It's still the same fucking retarded story. Being able to move in 3 dimensions rather than 1 doesn't somehow make it good.

Yeah, you actually start enjoying the battle system in late game. Shame I can't really get to that part anymore.

At least MH4 had Caravan G-rank quests. Those were fun as fuck. And even the Master's Test was pretty cool, because it was short and intense.

Guild G-rank and GQ140s are either way too fucking long while solo, or completely trivial in multiplayer with a group that doesn't suck. Took me literally 40 minutes to kill Gogmazios on my own because I couldn't find a group that wouldn't triple-cart to him.

There are secret bosses that actually force you to make good use of the battle system, user.

Both of you sounds like you need to gitgud

you're right though

The first 20 hours are a succession of corridors and cutscenes. I'm not exaggerating, pretty much every area in the first 20 hours is a corridor.

>Play a game with a complex mechanic
>Have to learn it for it to be enjoyable

>Play a game for the "plot"
>It needs to develop before it gets good

>Play a game for anything that requires investment from the players
>It requires investment from the player

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO VIDEOGAMES. INSTANT GRATIFICATION IS THE ONLY FORM OF ENJOYMENT I CAN EXPERIENCE

MY VALIUM IS NOT THAT STRONG REEEEE

>game gets good 2 hours in
>2 hours in is where most people quit the game

The Resident Evil games didn't get good for me until I unlocked the weapons with infinite ammo. Blasting zombies and monsters will always be fun for me.

>going through 15 hours of drek to get to something good

Good god some people really have no fucking value on their time.

Buyer's remorse denial

The majority of people on Sup Forums are >25 or NEETS, of course they have entirely too much time.

>Cat is a good character