Gamspot - 8/10 "gorgeous, fun, and a smart collaboration all around"

Gamspot - 8/10 "gorgeous, fun, and a smart collaboration all around"
Polygon - 9/10 "It's been ages since I've had as much fun with an RPG as I did with Tokyo Mirage Sessions"
NintendoWorldReport - 9/10 "The colorful world, the characters, the battle system bring the whole experience together in a varied, entertaining package"
LazyGamer - 8/10 - "A truly solid JRPG that combines deep combat, intricate strategy and customization with cute and funny story-telling and characters"
RPGSite - 9/10 "Bringing together a stellar soundtrack, a standard yet charming story, and one of the best turn-based battle systems in recent memory"
Gameinformer - 8.25/10 " Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is a solid RPG with its own unique style and appeal"

Holy crap people seem to love this game. Was Sup Forums wrong?

>people
Game journalists

The game is good
The censorship is not.

Right and they all seem to love it.

Was Sup Forums wrong again?

>""""game journalists""""" love a game
>turns out to be casual slosh

Every time. Like clockwork. Let me guess, it's "the citizen kane" of RPGs, right?

No....

This was supposed to be the nail in the WiiU's coffin!

Delete this!

It's not censorship it's "culturalization."

Journos usually hate everything on Nintendo.

>famitsu gave it a 34/40
>game sold 32.000 units in just one month

>famitsu reviews

It's seems like the game is really good.

>journos talk about deep combat, upgrading, puzzle solving, dungeons etc
>casual
Projection time?

>SJWs love #FE, which is a game that revolves around the idol industry, which is an industry that ACTUALLY abuses and oppresses women

Yeah, that fucking figures.

I'm kind of interested in the game but the way they covered up all the parts and bare skin they wanted to censor looks really low-quality and low-effort so I'm debating whether it's worth making a purchase.

>western reviews

The game is gonna sell like shit.

This.

>sales = quality
Every thread.

I don't know whether this game is good or not, but is there any place where I can find reviews by people who know what they're talking about? All the review sites on Metacritic are horribly wrong more often than they are right.

it's the same argument as OP

>polygon reviews
>gamespot reviews
>ign reviews

>sales = quality

Yes.

Try and find some unbiased user reviews on metacritic?

>SJWs love #FE
>even GG-leaning sites reviewed TMS highly
Huh?

i cant wait to see the sales for this game

im expecting not much, even by weeb jrpg standards, but i kinda want to be proven otherwise for the sheer shock value, and maybe to lend credence to how much weight the FE brand carries now

Apologize.

>"Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is a solid RPG with its own unique style and appeal"

How much Nintendo paid for these reviews? Now generic animu idolshit is "unique"?

Destructoid 8/10
Gamesradar 8/10
AttackoftheFanboy 9/10
GameRevolution 8/10

IT NEVER ENDS

>sales = quality
Every.
Thread.

Back to CoD kid.

You mean meaningless buzzwords? Just for kicks, let me offer some "praise" given to TLOU.

>Naughty Dog has proven itself again as one of the most accomplished development teams in the world. With The Last of Us they have given us a consistent and interesting world that is supported by practically all of its game mechanics. From the rich complex combat system to the sublime sound design, this game immerses the player in one of the most visceral plots in this generation. Maybe the AI could have been better, but, overall, this game proves how far the craftsmanship of making video games has come. -Levelup

>A masterpiece, that breaks the self imposed barriers of gaming narrative and ensnares the player with intelligent gameplay and brilliant A.I.-Spazio games

>The Last of Us merges very good gameplay with a peerless story and unequaled production values. While it just misses transcendent status you won't find very many games that are more worth the investment of your time.-totalplaystation

So, what was that about game journalists having any integrity in their reviews?

You act like there are a lot of idol themed JRPGs

Pro tip: There aren't.

Japanese game journalists all loved it too yet the game flopped.

This isn't the first time journos all love a Nintendo game. You know what's the common point between all Nintendo games that journos love? They all sell poorly.

its unique by wiiu standards. if it were on vita or maybe even ps4, it probably would have more competition

>good reviews = quality

Back to Treehouse, faggot.

>32000 is a lot

I guess CoD is rolling in dough with its 200k+ sales

>people
(((game journalists)))
Nintendo games always get good rating.

>Nintendo paying for reviews
TOP KEK

Godisageek - 9.5/10
nintendonews - 7/10
Wiitalia - 8/10
4gamers - 8.5/10
Vooks - 8/10
Nintendolife - 8/10
Eurogamer - Recommended

HOLY SHIT.

It's been zero days since reviews started mattering for nintendo games again.
Restart the clock.

>He listened to Sup Forums

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, first off, Sup Forums hated it because it wasn't grimdark like the typical SMT games and we were expecting an actual crossover instead of a FE game with SMT mechanics. Second off, Sup Forums hated it because of the localization removing anything slightly promiscuous or showing some skin.

Notice anything odd? That's right, nether complaint has anything to do with the gameplay. The one thing Sup Forums raves about as constantly missing from modern titles in favor of being cinematic.

Never listen to Sup Forums, make your own opinions.

You're forgetting these people also gave p4g 10/10 a couple years ago

I'm saying that if there's any games that their movement should have a problem with it's ones that for want of a better word idolize the idol industry because it's one of the most disgustingly misogynistic and abusive work environments for women in Japan.

Your mistake was assuming GG was involved at all in what I said.

>You know what's the common point between all Nintendo games that journos love? They all sell poorly

TW101 is the exception of this

So what makes this drastically different than say Omega Quintet? Only comparing based on being idolshit.

>sales = quality
Look at this faggot, look at him and laugh.

>>series = quality

where the ever loving FUCK did i say that?

the game is on the least owned console and is a product tied to a brand it shares little in common with except for recognizable characters, and on top of that was censored, alienating a large portion of the demographic it was appealing to in the west

am i so wrong to be interested in how this will impact sales, you fucking knee-jerk reactionary moron?

It's not made by Compile Heart

>06/22/16(Wed)22:21:32 No.342433629

Omega Quintet
Ar Tonelico

Polygon gave them that high note as reward for censoring the game.

>I-it has idols~!
lol

>am i so wrong to be interested in how this will impact sales
Back to vgchartz my underaged friend.

Why do Atlas games get an automatic 2/10 point boost over other weeb developers?

It can also refer to stuff like changing rice balls to doughnuts. Remove and cultural artifices that while not necessarily offensive to the local audience would be unfamiliar with and distracting to the narrative.

That said American audience are just be offended by foreign culture on principle.

Nintenchild are staving for games.

A reputation for quality?

I rather a developer localize memes than localize morals.

>Sup Forums gets BTFO
>all these tears
Jesus christ

>Censor your game
>Cuck sites give it a good score

>its unique by wiiu standards
Well, that's actually correct... only because Wii U didn't have more than 5 JRPGs

>game made by a billion dollar developer
>can't even beat a small indie game.

Better luck next time Nintendo.

>cuck sites
>Even GG-leaning sites gave it good reviews
Swing and a miss.

>Sup Forums
>ever right
nigga, Sup Forums was bitching because tits are covered up

how the fuck does that imply a single goddamn thing about gameplay?

This is the real story here.

Dragon Age 2 confirmed as a masterpiece according to Nintenyearolds. Finally this amazing game is getting the credit it deserves.

>gorgeous combat animations

The 6 9/10+ reviews include
>FNintendo
>Nintendo Enthusiast
>NintendoWorldReport
I'm not saying it's a bad game, but why is this allowed.

Which sites are "GG-leaning"?

This games is actually good.

>GG-leaning sites
Fuck are you talking about?

>These guys spend all there time crying "Muh Fire Emblem!"
>STILL HAVE TO GIVE IT GIVE IT GOOD REVIEWS
HOLY SHIT. FE FANS ON SUICIDE WATCH?

I haven't been paying attention to this at all and almost forgot about it until e3.

Does Sup Forums hate this because NoA censored some cleavage again?

Still waiting on the real weeb review sites to weigh in.
>taking weeb game reviews from Polygon or these other western trash review sites
HAH

>BioWare games get a pass by Journos
>Nintendo games have been criticized for just BEING on the Wii U
>I-It's the same thing
Is this the face of NeoGA/v/?

Sup Forums hated it before that because they wanked themselves off for two years about a crossover that was never going to happen

How is this relevant to the thread?

That this didn't really matter and the game is really good regardless? I assume that's what you mean.

It's fucking Persona mixed with Fire Emblem, guys. Of course they're going to drool all over it. Persona's the casual-anime-gamer-RPG fan's Dark Souls, and Fire Emblem is totally in fashion at the moment thanks to Awakening.

Hey, I got a question. Why are you even trusting the word of game journalists who are so obviously biased? Is it because they're saying something you want to hear?

They aren't owned by Nintendo, and you know just as well as I do Nintendo fanboys can be the most vicious about Nintendo games which upset them

Nah that you shouldn't buy censored garbage when you can get it the way it was meant to be played for free.

Burn it all down! Grab every copy of TMS and bury it in a landfill.

>real weeb review sites
I'm expecting "It's great B-BUT Muh SMT! Muh FE!"

Journalists haven't had valid opinions worth caring about for almost a decade now. They barely finish games if they even attempt to finish them. Most of them only put in 3 to 4 hours regardless of game length or genre. They literally only exist to rake in the ad bucks by telling the shit eaters whether to buy cawaduty or battlefield this year.

>It's fucking Persona mixed with Fire Emblem
Play more Megaten games, dude. This is embarrassing.

>It plays good, don't play it because muh censor
Ok user.

>Nintendo games have been criticized for just BEING on the Wii U

This persecution complex that console war fags like you have is simply precious.

>Sup Forums suddenly loves #FE

>giving censored garbage good scores
Should get a 6 at max automatically

>reddit filename

they altered the story dumbfuck

Not bad #FE, HOWEVER

You mean they got mad that the characters summon Fire emblem personas and Sup Forums was expecting the characters to be themselves and not just stands?

Extra meta.

>/reddit/ doesn't like #FE
I fucking knew it.

they altered an entire subplot and even had the Jap VAs re-record lines to be accurate with the censored dialogue.

SMT fags thought it was going to be a crossover and expected Demifiend to fight with Marth or something stupid like that

Memes aside.
Is it actually good?

Indies get +2/10 for just being Indies.

>take a full minute for an attack animation to be done

No thanks

What did the sub plot involve?

Its idolshit.

No one here has played it so

You mean -2/10

You're xenophobic

Tsubasa's insecurity about being an idol
they changed a whole dungeon's storyline