Just finished Planet Robobot
How does HAL keep topping themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Heat_Phanphan
youtube.com/watch?v=gmCcvymVai0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROYGBIV)
youtube.com/watch?v=Im9O1hZsdR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know man but Planet Robobot is easily one of my top 3 Kirby games. What did you think of the final boss?

MROWWWRRR

The most threatening meow of all time.

Pretty nuts. Didn't expect that out of a kirby game.

Halttman dint deserve it

Beats me, but that final boss was dope. I thought topping Sectonia was impossible but they actually did it. One wonders how will they follow up Star Dream's incredible battle.

COME

I think this is the best final boss in a Kirby game. I really liked 02 from 64 and Marx, but the final boss in Robobot is fucking awesome.

It's just me or this game looks better than KRTDL, like srly, i want a really amazing Kirby game for consoles like that one.

Does anyone try to get good True Arena times?
I'm trying to go for a 15 min time.

>finished
define, True Arena and all?

It's the Knight in Shining Armor again!

I used PSY and got a 17 minute.

Oh, look, it's the bitch again.

Did you guys skip out on RtDL and TD? this kind of crazy stuff is expected by now

Oh no, the final boss of TD is also up there. I never did play RtDL though.

>all those escaped clones
This will never be followed up on, sadly.
I hate how they put the KDL2 Dark Matter themes in reverse. Fucking stupid.

Wheel is fuckin easy my dude, just drop it when you get to star dream soul OS heart phase 4 post nucleus and use normal kirby swallow and spittin to finish it off. Got an 18:33

RTDL is great, but the Kirby GCN surely looked much better than what we got. Helper system, plus being 2.5D made my dick go diamonds.

Never ever, unless someone leaks the prototype.

>Replace Burnin' Leo with some elephant as the Fire helper.

I'm glad Kirby GCN never happened.

>playing Super Star
>having a good time
>get to Great Cave Offensive
Fucking Old Tower man. The worst shit.

Top 3 for me too behind Dreamland 3 and Amazing Mirror
That final boss blew my dick off, every phase was amazing. I liked how it still had the shooter element from past Kirby games, but put it into a 3D environment, worked really well

Well it on the Wii and WiiU or if you can emulate it is just as good. Gets even better when you play it with 3 other friends but aside from that its a very good game lots of content, new game+ usual Arena and True Arena and 4-player mini-games to tide folks over.

Why are Kirby games the only Nintendo games that are actually improving with each game?

My top 3 are:
1. Superstar Ultra
2. Kirby 64
3. Planet Robobot

>that one treasure that requires both hammer and sword/cutter and one is like ten rooms away

Game was shit and cancelled super early though, all we'd get is an unfinished game with a broken multiplayer, I'd much rather see pop-up Kirby leaked, as it was supposed to have redefined the copy ability system and was the most complete out of the canceled games

Helpers are really obsolete when you could just play as another Kirby, their only unique gimmick in GCN to make them stand out was the stacking which RtDL did as well.

GCN had barely much shown and not much going for it to be honest, it was just hype for being the next console Kirby game and now remembered for being the forbidden fruit

I can't emulate it so that's out of the question, I'll see if I can either get a physical copy for the Wii or on the Wii U. I'd love to play it with people if I had any friends

because HAL

kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Heat_Phanphan

apparently its from kirby air ride

mfw defeating Cog boss 2nd time around and you know who pops up.

I skipped out on TD because it was a lame rehash.
Didn't play RtDL because... I dunno. I just never got around to it. Same with the bonus areas of Kirby's Kool Kollection, which I also, sadly, never bought.
I'm glad I skipped them though, Robobutts is pretty solid, if a bit too easy, since most of the puzzles are made for literal retards.
I want that little RC windup kirby to comeback. He's pretty cool and his death is hilarious.

So is the next Kirby game pretty much confirmed to be 3D?

>that change on his face to >:(
Kills me every time

I'm sorry to hear that who knows maybe you might find some folks who have good taste in good games and would like to co-op it.

I mean, where do they go from Robobot?

3D Kirby game for NX launch. Do it HAL. Robo Planet couldn't have been that taxing due to reused assets.

They've been doing so amazingly with these games, now it's time to put themselves in the spotlight by showing everyone something that will blow them away.

Because as said, HAL.
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ARCANA REMAKE, YOU CUNTS
youtube.com/watch?v=gmCcvymVai0

>true arena

Haven't played Robobot but I love how positive Kirby threads are

There can be bitter spurts but the best part is that everyone knows to let those settle themselves.

I've yet to see such things in a Kirby thread must be pretty rare.

Kirby threads are pure

>All the first letters of the worlds together spell the acronym "P-R-O-G-R-A-M."
>This is similar to the acronyms in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby: Triple Deluxe, which spell out "C-R-O-W-N-E-D" and "F-L-O-W-E-R-E-D," respectively. These are only a few of the many acronyms in the series, the others are "R-A-I-N-B-O-W" in Kirby: Canvas Curse, "H-A-L" in Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition, and "V-I-B-G-Y-O-R", spelled backwards, "R-O-Y-G-B-I-V" in Kirby's Adventure. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROYGBIV)

LOOK HERE YOU FUCKING BASTARDS
I literally had no idea about the last one, nor what roy g biv was until today.

A little late there user

If we get eShop titles again I hope instead of 3D Rumble 2.0 we get RtDL/DC style challenges with the new abilities and enemies since last time around, and save the improved, standalone 3D game to a whole new one.

That was pretty fucking dumb imo, I HATE how every Kirby enemy has to roar before the fight now. It's obnoxious, just stay silent and fight me.

Meta Knight is cute. CUTE!!

Yeah, what, 23 years late.
Fuck man. I had no idea neither as a kid, nor even when I played Nightmare in Dream Land.
Fuck I feel old now.

Thoughts on Hal making original IPs?

AHAHAHAHAAAAAA HAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Welcome to modern japanese intros.
Fuck this gay ass cliche.
Every fucking monster hunter 4 ultimate intro does this shit. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
I even went back and played Freedom Unite, and maybe 20-25% of the monsters in that did it.

Yes please

HAL should just do more in general, they're really talented

>Those BoxBoy-esque songs in Robobot
Ishikawa pls

What's his name again?

This games only sin is that it was not longer, love this game

Whatever keeps them happy.

HAL's a relatively big company, so I don't mind them branching out. What are the teams there anyways? Kirby, Kirby spinoffs, and Box Boy, yeah?

I used mirror and got like 30 minutes.

I kinda like that electronic scream the Access Arc made in the previous fight just a bit more than MROWWRR desu.
The music was also pretty tight.

wreck it ralph

Senator Assblaster?

Don't they also do the Stafy games?

I feel like that's the worst excuse to be mad you could've come up with, it hardly even constitutes a roar in Star Dream's case. Enemies only really "roar" when it makes sense anyways, regular sectonia laughs and its only the berserk flower form that "roars", while I'm pretty sure soul form was completely silent, as an example.

Box Boy is fucking awesome, I'm glad they did more and that we're getting it on the west

Donald J. Trump

This.
Hearing Dark Matter and Star Dream's heart yell just felt really off.

Max "If it ain't a bot, it oughta be shot" Haltmann.

President Trump.

I want it too. RtDL is fine with friends, it's kinda dull solo but KGCN looked like it was doing everything I wanted from Kirby games. Simplistic visuals, lots of new settings and new characters, helpers, Kirby 64 level design.
I prefer Burnin' Leo too, but I'm totally fine with replacing old characters with new ones that better fit the individual game's tone and style, and it can make them act dofferently than the old character so they can just stay himself, it's good for variety and creativity. They replaced Rocky with a Golem which is fine and cool. Rocky was one of my favorites, but it's still cool to play as new characters.

That would be TOSE

>yfw the next 3d kirby game is...
Dream Course 2
Semi-related: when the fuck do I get the JESTIN!dedede sticker? The wait is killing me.

>want to try it
>sd card is out of memory

Thinking about this possibility, which new bosses could they add to Team Kirby Clash 2.0? I would die of happiness if they give us Dyna Blade and Miracle Matter.

Max "Return my daughter or its global slaughter" Haltmann

Doodle stickers are RNG, you should always be using your play coins between levels if you haven't already

Eh? Rocky's back in KPR, so I guess he just had an absence for a while. Glad I missed it. Capsule J(1) was heartbreaking enough.

Also, for my first time using it, whip kinda suuuuucks. I mean, I get the ideas behind it, but at the same time, I'd rather just be using suplex.

>Helpers are really obsolete when you could just play as another Kirby
Nah, playing as a different character with their own designs and animations has its own fun and charm (which is why Gooey is vastly better than another Kirby, despite playing almost exactly the same), and several of them can do things Kirby can't, or they can interact with Kirby in a way another Kirby can't. Plus the helper system encourages more planning and communication with your friend(s), it offers a more interactive rewarding experience.

i debating weather i like rtdl or pr better. i liked being able to freely play as mk/ddd/bd in rtdl arena and i dont like how you cant replay levels in meta knightmare without redoing the whole thing. i also prefer traditional gameplay final bosses. but...mechs....

both are better then TD imo tho TD is still pretty good.

>RNG
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
okay.

Best part about helpers is that they don't turn to rancid shit when they're in the water.

Whip has a shitton of damage on the regular attacks and the dash melts just about everything, throws are kinda secondary to be honest

>Arcana

My nigga. Great game, even though it is hard as balls.

>I hate how they put the KDL2 Dark Matter themes in reverse. Fucking stupid.
Nigga what

youtube.com/watch?v=Im9O1hZsdR4

>I feel like that's the worst excuse to be mad you could've come up with
I feel like going "u mad" is the worst way to try and discredit someone's criticism of a minor thing that bugs them. Don't be a jerk, just don't reply.

You know, my one and only complaint about robobbot is that we don't get a fight in the robobbot against a boss that isn't in jet form. I really would have liked the chance to use the robobot in a real boss fight. Or at least introduce a subgame where the robobot was prominent, something like robobot survival mode or Kirby fighters but with the mech modes.

That's what he means, the music starts out with the second form theme and then moves onto the first form.

To be honest though if you're gonna have both combined the second phase theme makes for the better intro, they're both like 30 second loops in DL2 anyways.

I think the user's autism was triggered when the first phase's theme was put in the second half of the song while the second phase music was first. I think that is better imo.

I JUST WANNA BODY SLAM SHIT

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We kinda get a bit of that, you re-fight Holo Defense API by bits during the last level, but you do easily tear through them as they're made Kirby, and Gigavolt was tailored for Robobot but still fairly easy and straightforward.

>the second phase theme makes for the better intro
>I think that is better imo.
How DAAAAAA~AAAARE you?! Okay.

I expected the final boss to have a form where you fight it in the default Robobot form. Though I guess it's like most Kirby games to change genres on the final boss

I still think Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe are pretty much equals, while RtD is only good in multiplayer. Robobot has the best gimmick, without a doubt, but its environments feel too crowded. Triple Deluxe has a better aesthetic than Robobot, but not as good as Return to Dreamland's.

Also, when are we getting ability icons for Robobot? I'm thinking of making a diagram for ability exclusivity.

>That fucking laugh when Haltmann does the spinning cube 4-way laser attack.

seems like kirby games are getting more serious but not so much that it pushes away kids

also that ending
the robobot armor was alive and assisted you even though it would destroy all robots? the tears it shows were very nice. also you super murder haltmann while hes combined with nova?

>it's a subway train level

Yeah, I did as well. I'm guessing the reason they didn't though was so that the arena modes aren't suddenly interupted. But yeah, just seems like a missed opportunity.

Best part of the fight, imo.

I liked it that time.